Jeep Tb Contest 2005

Lizzy

I searched for the answer to this, but couldn't find it. The Jeep site has removed the information on contest end dates (at least as far as I searched for it - I might have missed it somehow).

When was the drawing date for the actual Jeep (grand prize) for the 2005 contest end? If that has already taken place, who won?

;)

Looks to me like Jeep hit a speed bump on the information highway

and the whole thing busted apart.

instead of finding jeep travel bugs, perhaps we should be searching for

Jeep the company.

very interesting that around the exact time the contest is supposed to end

and the winner be declaired, suddenly jeep falls off the face of the earth.

maybe we should call it Project APE/JEEP.

In order to find out who won, when the web site was up it clearly stated to get a list of winners you had to send them a request by mail to get the list, never did they say that they would post the winner any where for who wins either this year or last year, last year I wrote them as they requested, this year I did not. ( My reason in writing last year was two fold; as I also requested one of there extra yellow jeeps and received same in mail. When the contest ended I received the list of winners, since extra jeeps were not avaiable this year I choose not to mail them so I did not copy the address to write to down; but I bet someone from Geocaching did, so request someone to post the address so you too can get a list of winners.) This is also the way most all contests similar to this operate. They did not jazz us. In fact they have a new virtual geocaching contest operating currently Called "The Mudds" but not part of gc.com, but the link to that contest was on there postings when there page was on GC.com. I am playing along and having a great time. Even know one of the winners for the mudd Contest.

Sorry, I did not keep the address to find out who the winners where.

* Family of five -- covered in mud -- highlight 'Jeep Lifestyle' and 4x4

Trail Rated capability of the seven-passenger 2006 Jeep Commander

* Virtual Geo-caching Adventures, powered by Google Maps, give consumers

a chance to win 2006 Jeep Commander and other prizes

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Oct. 18 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The Jeep® brand

announced today it will launch an interactive advertising campaign for the

all-new 2006 Jeep Commander called "The Mudds." The new campaign will begin

on October 24, and coincide with the arrival of the Jeep Commander into

dealerships nationwide. To meet the Mudds, go to

http://www.wearethemudds.com .

(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20051018/DETU030 )

The Mudds are an active, well-adjusted family of five that enjoys an

adventurous Jeep lifestyle. Mr. Brock Mudd and Mrs. Tracey Mudd have three

children -- Summer (age 17), Victoria (age 13) and Clay (age 11). They appear

to be a quintessential family of five, except for the fact the entire family

is ... yep you guessed it ... covered in mud. Consumers will get to know the

family as they travel through humorous situations in their all-new 2006 Jeep

Commander.

The Mudd's story will elaborately unfold over several weeks with bi-weekly

Webisodes, biography pages, screensavers and wallpapers. Consumers also will

have the opportunity to learn about the Mudd's adventures by reading

Victoria's own blog. In addition to getting to know the family in a virtual

world, the Mudds also will make appearances at various events across the

country.

"The Mudds campaign blends Jeep lifestyle with the latest technology in a

fun and engaging online environment," said Jeff Bell, Vice President - Jeep,

Chrysler Group. "The Mudds site will not only engage users, but also will

forge deep connections with the Jeep brand while highlighting the newest

addition to the Jeep product lineup."

Industry First

The Mudds campaign for the Jeep Commander is breaking new ground. Unlike

any other campaign, online audiences will be invited to participate in an

online scavenger hunt, powered by Google Maps, while learning about the 2006

Jeep Commander. This is the first commercial integration of virtual geo-

caching (or scavenger hunts) fully integrated with Google Maps Application

Programming Interface (API) and it is the first online branded experience that

will fuse Webisodes (episodic video), mapping technology and rich media to

offer a compelling and immersive experience for consumers.

The Mudds Virtual Geo-Caching Contest

Visitors to The Mudds microsite will be invited to watch videos and use

Google Maps to find geocaches that The Mudds have hidden, which contain bonus

information about the family and a chance to win a 2006 Jeep Commander.

Entrants are rewarded for their interaction with the site by earning

additional entries to the sweepstakes with each interaction (i.e. downloading

content, send-to-a-friend, etc.) Consumers will also find links to Jeep.com

where they may take unique virtual tours of the Jeep Commander with links to

features such as get-a-quote, price and equip, and the opportunity to schedule

a test drive at a local Jeep dealership.

Direct TV & Dish TV

The Mudds will make a special appearance on the iTV platform where

subscribers will be able to watch the first episode, learn more about the

character's biographies, view their "Mudd mobile," locate the closest Jeep

dealer and request more vehicle information (only on Dish TV).

The Mudds Go Wireless

The Mudds will also deliver updated text messages to consumers that opt in

for wireless notifications on their cell phones. Consumers will also have the

opportunity to learn more about the Jeep Commander and the Mudds via their

wireless PDA through an AvantGo partnership.

"At Organic we are proud of how we took the leap from ordinary to

exceptional and showcased the unique elements of the Jeep brand," said Chuck

Russo, Chief Client Development Officer at Organic.

There was a section in the rules that was very similar to this:

"Sweepstakes Results: For a list of major prize winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to "The Mudds Sweepstakes Winners/Rules", c/o ePrize, LLC, P.O. Box 8070, Royal Oak, MI 48068-8070. Winner list requests must be received by May 1, 2006. VT residents may exclude return postage."

I recollect that this years rules read something like this:

"Sweepstakes Results: For a list of major prize winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to " White Jeeep Sweepstakes Winners/Rules", c/o ???????????????????? Winner lists must be received by ??????????? VT residents may exclude return postage.

THAT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN GET THE NAMES OF THE WINNERS.

Obvioously you missed this in the rules; but the one for the White Jeep Contest of course said White jeep but I did not copy the address, the one posted is for there new contest that began in Oct and ends late Jan. And as I said in my previous remarks was that last years also said you could request a yellow jeep and if you were one of the first 1,000 to respond to them you get a Little Yellow jeep Travel Bug complete with TB tag. I did and I received.

NEVER DID THEY JAZZ ANYONE!!!!

What has occurred is that without reading everything cachers made assumptions and then became disappointed and frustrated when there expectations were not met.

You did not even have to find a white jeep to enter the contest, I did that for the very first months photo submission, you just had to read the rules to know how.

Subsequentially, I found and submitted other photos for the photo part of the contest; but the second part of the contest also allowed you to enter online for a chance to win. Last years winner did just that.

I have posted this because the jeep people have done a great job in my opinion and I am tired of them being slammed here. They are a company to make money, never forget that, but if you follow the rules and understand them most cachers would never be disappointed. The problem is that most cachers NEVER READ OR UNDERSTOOD THE RULES!

Edited by chstress53

No "slams" on my part. Just curious whether anyone had received by mail the name of the winner and could post it here. Yep, after I found out I could enter the contest weekly without having to find a yellow jeep, or "hope" that my photo received enough votes, etc., I began entering weekly.

Is there some sort of legal technicality that would prohibit someone who knows from posting the name of the winner here?

The people who requested a list of winners will have to wait for the stated time period to end,.. ( Since I did not copy the rule I do not remember the date of expiration to request the list). That time period usually expires somewhere between 4-6 months AFTER the contest ends, which was on the 19 of Dec. ( see sample Mudd contest deadline for requests of winners expires iin May 06; but the actual contest is over in Jan 06. If I recall correctly, I received the lists last year just before this years contest began. So unless the winner posts, we will not know for months; and then only if someone who requested the list posts it. I do not recall if there was any disclaimer about releasing the list.

Edited by chstress53

As you know, I was one of the GPS winners for October. That was great because I didn't have a GPS before this. It was also great because I was not tied to Jeep or Groundspeak or anyone. I wasn't a premium member or a long time geocacher. I just found out about the contest and geocaching at the same time and like some of you, got all wrapped-up in the contest. We submitted an entry for September (Lost) and October (Got lucky). It was alot of fun. I didn't put the jeeps back out there yet (Shame on me) but I will.

What really was bad was waiting to find out if you won the grand prize. The odds were so good and of course you think you have a good photo, your just waiting for the fedex truck to arrive. Every time the truck would go down the street you almost have a heart attack.

I was able to figure out the winner before Christmas and was really bummed out to find out it was not me. (Still bummed).

Most people that were really serious about the game most likely remember the 15 final photos. Based on the contest rules and using only the final 15 photos I want to see who you would pick for the winner.

The rules stated that up to 33-1/3 points would be awarded for (1) How well the photo related to the geocaching experience, (2) Humor, and (3) Creativity (I do not have the rules in front of me but that's what I remember).

I think none of the photos would score on (1) other than the fact there was a WJTB in the photo. So all of the scoring would be on humor and creativity. If you guys, (You be the judge) pick the photo that won, I'll feel alot better about it.

I think the first photo, "Child at work" would have scored highest. It wasn't the funniest or most creative but combined, it scored high. That would be my pick other than my own. What's your pick?

All in all it was a great contest. I hope they do it again in 2006.

I love geocaching now and I'm still going to post more frog stories when I get home. It helped us take the edge off of waiting and alot of folks seemed to enjoy them. I was afraid to post any more until the contest was over.

Dupiedoo, First congratulations on your monthly photo win. But that rule only applied to the monthly Jeep Photo contest not the drawing for the jeep contest., which was a separate sweepstakes, not really a contest at all, but a game of chance.

Do not forget that everyone who submitted weekly on the jeep web page was also in the final sweepstakes drawing for the jeep; The drawing for the Sweepstake was on Dec 19. The photo Contest had already ended. Everyone who submitted into the sweepstake got one chance each and every time we submitted for that jeep on the web site. Along with your win, you won an additional entry into the sweepstakes with your monthly win. But the photos were not in any way part of that sweepstakes If you do the math, thats about 30 chances per person who submitted weekly from the start of the contest. I am sure others did too; that means that each of the winners for the month had at least one entry chance and more if they submitted weekly to the sweepstake as others did.. That is not what I would call very good odds. It also means that the winner of the jeep may never even have ever found a white Jeep or submitted a photo. The sweepstake was also open to the public and anyone and everyone could make a weekly entry for the drawing of the jeep., which was called a sweepstake, different then the monthly photo contests. Most likly I suspect that there were millions if not billions of entries for the drawing of the jeep in that sweepstake for the jeep. As Anyone going to the Jeep web page from the web could also enter into the contest.

This was one of my points I attempted to make in my previous post, that most cachers did not read or understand the rules and that there were two separate contests ( The Photo contest with the TB jeeps never had a prize of a real jeep, only winning an additional entry into the Sweepstake for the Drawing of the jeep. along With the monthly prize you won ie the GPS etc.)

Edited by chstress53
Dupiedoo,  First congratulations on your monthly photo win.  But that  rule only applied to the monthly Jeep Photo contest  not the drawing for the jeep contest., which was a separate sweepstakes, not really a contest at all, but a game of chance.

Do not forget that everyone who submitted weekly on the jeep web page was  also in the final  sweepstakes drawing  for the jeep; The drawing  for the Sweepstake  was  on Dec 19.  The photo Contest had already ended.    Everyone who submitted into the sweepstake got one chance each and every time we submitted for that jeep on the web site.  Along  with your win, you won an additional entry into the sweepstakes with your monthly win. But the photos were not in any way part of that sweepstakes    If you do the math, thats about 30 chances per person who  submitted weekly from the start of the contest.  I am sure others did too;  that means that  each of the winners for the month had at least one  entry chance and more if they submitted weekly to the sweepstake as others did..  That is not what I would  call very good odds.  It  also means that the winner of the jeep may never even have ever found a white Jeep or submitted  a photo.  The sweepstake was also open to the public and anyone and everyone could make a weekly entry for the drawing of the jeep., which was called a sweepstake, different then the monthly photo contests.  Most likly I suspect that there were millions if not billions of entries for the drawing of the jeep in that sweepstake for the jeep.  As Anyone going to the Jeep web page from the web could also enter into the contest.

This was one of my points I attempted to make in my  previous post, that most cachers did not read or understand the rules and that there were two separate contests ( The Photo contest with the TB jeeps never had a prize of a real jeep, only winning an additional entry into the Sweepstake  for the Drawing of the jeep.  along With the monthly prize you won  ie the GPS etc.)

I'm out of town at the moment so I don't have the rules in front of me. That's not true. The photo contest had it's own jeep grand prize. Only the 15 first place winners were in the running. The winner was voted on by a separate panel of sponser judges. The final prize was determined by the same criteria minus the "people voting". In my winning package, It informed me that I was a finalist (1 of 15) for the jeep. There were papers that had to be signed, notorized and returned. The rules were very clear.

There was also another part of the sweepstakes that only required a submitted entry. I do not know who won that one. I never entered it or paid much attention to it.

I stand corrected,Dupiedoo is correct

Finally found the rule for finding out who the winner is but the deadline for requesting this has past.

"For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Jeep 4X4 Geocaching Challenge-Winners, P.O. Box 6666, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 for receipt by 12/15/05. For a Copy of the Official Rules mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge-Rules, P.O. Box 6666, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 for receipt by 12/15/05."

11. WINNERS LIST: For the names of the winners, mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Jeep 4X4 Geocaching Challenge-Winners, P.O. Box 6666, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 for receipt by 12/15/05. For a Copy of the Official Rules mail a self-addressed first class stamped envelope to: Jeep 4x4 Geocaching Challenge-Rules, P.O. Box 6666, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663 for receipt by 12/15/05.

FINAL PRIZING 12/19/05 Jeep vehicle

Oh I get it.

the rules state that you have to ASK for the WINNERS 4 days before they choose the winner. and then to make things harder for you they shut down the web servers for a couple of weeks prior to the date so you wont know the rules in time to follow them.

very sneaky

Im sorry but it seems to me that JEEP has set up so many hurdles to jump over and so many hoops to jump thru that the adverage person would just give up.

why cant they just print the name of the winner on thier web site? it wouldnt be too hard, after all they know how to print thier endless list of rules.

and just think of the millions of dollars in postage fees that would be saved

of course that would make sense and we couldnt allow that could we.

I see they fixed the web servers in time to launch JEEP 06

:laughing:

But Parents of SAM, they don’t follow their own rules in the judging. One of the rules was not to have any part of a copyrighted work in the picture and I think that paintings would be considered copyrighted works, yet several do have art work in the background. Also a picture portraying geocaching was suppose to be given extra consideration, I don’t think most of them have anything to do with geocaching. So I think the pictures are judged on originality alone, and the pigs, and toads were certainly original. I don’t see how they could really tell if a picture had been cropped/photoshopped, which was also against the rules.. :lol:

Jackie

Edited by Geo Froggy

It's hard finding out that we lost this way, but I'll just have to trust you on this one DupieDoo! Well, that and there's no Jeep in my driveway as of yet. B)

Regardless, I was VERY happy to have been part of this contest, and am most appreciative of the Garmin Legend C I received as a winner in July.

Congratulations to the other winners, and to malandro95 for winning the Jeep!

It's hard finding out that we lost this way, but I'll just have to trust you on this one DupieDoo! Well, that and there's no Jeep in my driveway as of yet. B)

Regardless, I was VERY happy to have been part of this contest, and am most appreciative of the Garmin Legend C I received as a winner in July.

Congratulations to the other winners, and to malandro95 for winning the Jeep!

I couldn't agree more! We had alot of fun with this contest and we really hope they do it again this year. I thought you had a real good chance! Tell me though, Wasn't it hard knowing that fedex truck could pull up to your house at any time. It's great to have been one of the fifteen but it was too much pressure!

Before the contest I was geocaching with a topo and a compass. So I really appreciate the GPS! It's almost not fair using one. Being unemployed at the moment didn't allow for me to be purchasing one.

I started digging for information before Christmas (cybercaching I guess). I was sad to see what I saw but relieved to know I didn't have to wait. As far as I know the winner was never anounced yet. Hopefully malandro95 will see the forum and confirm.

I searched for the answer to this, but couldn't find it. The Jeep site has removed the information on contest end dates (at least as far as I searched for it - I might have missed it somehow).

When was the drawing date for the actual Jeep (grand prize) for the 2005 contest end? If that has already taken place, who won?

I went to the rules and have sent a letter to the mentioned company for a winner list from this last year. I sent the list approximately late November and before the Dec. deadline to do so. I have yet to recieve any notification of who won.

(Mailman will probably knock me upside the head with it tomorrow)

I wish it was us but it was not "Frogs being toad". I did think I had a good chance.

Thanks for that guess. It did make me feel better.

Oh. I would have guessed Frogs as well. I remember seeing the series of photos for the multiple attempts to get that shot.

Earlier today, I emailed all the remaining monthly winners who had not been on here and asked if they had heard anything. Here is a rundown of all 15 winners.

Child at work. N/A

Work Smart, not Hard NO

Where it all Began NO

Staples of Americana NO

Yankee Doodle Doggie N/A

The Mightiest N/A

Camping at Lk Bullneck N/A

Stay on Course NO

Getting Ready to Crash N/A

Track-tion NO

Dangerous Crossing NO

When Pigs Fly NO

Toe on the Nose NO

Frogs Being Toad NO

Jeep Help Everyone NO

Edited by clatmandu

It is possible that one of the people who said no did in fact win but are bound by rules from Jeep, etc. to not let anyone know yet. Some contest do require you to remain quiet about a win until they are ready for the information to be released.

The people who took the pictures for Work Smart and Lake Bullneck belongs to the same geocaching group that I belong to and they said nothing there about a win.

Just my two cents.

Here's what I know:

Yesterday, I got an email from clatmandu asking me if I'd won and congratulating me if I had. This was news to me.

Today I got an email from someone else saying they had suspected that I had one because they noticed some communication between Alcone (sp?) and I after Christmas. How they noticed there was communication via FedEx between Alcone and I, I still don't know, but they were requesting a copy of my drivers license because I didn't notice in the prior communication that I was supposed to include it.

Today I got a phone call from Dodge Marketing asking me what color of Jeep Commander I would like. I also talked with Alcone who assured me that I was the winner and that a letter is on the way.

So, I still haven't received the "official" letter, but it sounds like I won! Hooray for me! :D