How Many Different Coins Do You Have?

Lemon Fresh Dog

Well....in an unintentional kinda way, I've amassed a pretty large coin collection!

I purchased a fair number of a "locals only" edition and traded and then made my own edition and bought some. The total number of coins I have is pretty large, but here's my question:

1) how many unique coins do you own? (metal)

2) wooden?

3) poker chip?

So if you have 10 Alaska's -- that's only one. If you have 1 Alaska, 1 Alaska Silver, 1 Alaska Gold -- that's three.

I'm at 172 metal, 21 wooden and 3 poker chips.

Not a lot - about a dozen is all.

Out of the ones I own, these are the the ones that I have in my collection that are "extra special" to me:

Joefrog

Lemon Fresh Dog (Silver - and I'm crossing my fingers to win a Gold :anibad:)

Kilted Cacher

Prairie Partners (LE Antique Silver)

I'm currently waiting on Kilted Cacher's Christmas Coin in his Holiday Coin series. I will place one as a FTF for some (extremely!) lucky cacher and keep the other one. It will join the ranks of the "extra special" coins listed above.

Y'mean, we're supposed to count these things? Let's just say I have a one gallon Ziploc freezer bagful. And no, I don't keep them in the freezer.

I have a few extra special coins, but I go through favorites. Right now, I'm admiring my Johnnie Lacy wooden nickel, which was the first coin of any kind I ever found. Had no idea who he was until I started collecting geocoins!

I have 3 coins, 2 from Ladycacher & The Boys of Ladycacher, and one Texas Autumn 2005 "Lost Maples." I also have a USA travelbug/coin around here somewhere, but have temporarily mislaid it during the last tidying up of my desk. Also have 53 lowracer coins coming in toward the end of the month to put in caches as FTF prizes and give to family.

Can you tell I'm not a coin collector?

When I get home from Iraq I will count them... :anitongue:

When are you scheduled to come home?

:laughing: I still have a ways to go, seven more months to be correct. All of my coin trades are sent to Illinois addressed to my parents home. My brother emailed me and asked what all of the packages with the things that felt like coins in them was for :anibad: . He said that there must of be over 40 packages with coins in them, a few with multiples:grin: .

Edited by Cav Scout

I am now up to ten metal coins thanks to two trades I worked out at our local Geo-Christmas party. A special thanks goes to DancesWithMoose for trading me one of her personal coins for a non-geo comemrative coin. Also have a handfull of sig wooden coins, poker chips, and other sig items that I have traded for or collected while caching.