Christmas Geocoins Have Arrived!

Kilted Cacher

Sorry all, haven't looked here lately. The international coins were shipped out about 2 weeks ago. They were sent parcel post, which means it may take from 2-5 weeks to get them. Now before everyone starts to complain, that's the shipping rate. I could have them sent faster, but the postage would have been well over $5 for 5 coins. The coins are a 2" coin so they are heavier and cost a little more. Some people overseas have already received their coins, hopefully your coins arrive before Christmas, if not I do apologize for that delay, but the postal service can be fast or slow, especially at this time of year.

Well, we paid $22 for 2 coins on october, 20. That's exactly two months ago now, we still don't have the coins and it's Christmas in a few days. The postage for sending them in a bubbled envelope would have been far less than $5 (usually $2,40, maybe a bit more because of the size).

So we don't really understand why at least small orders of 1-2 coins couldn't be sent in a letter like all the other coins we purchased up to now.

But nowadays we should be happy to get our coins at all, two traded coins are well over the time now and when we read about all the lost coins it's starting to get us worried and it puts us off the coin craze a bit (well, our bank account won't mind... :blink:).

Still not seen these! I just don't understand why you had to use this d a m n parcel post??? I hope they arrive before christmas 2006!

Parcel post is still cheaper than any letter. For us that's just making profit to the max on the back of the buyers. We are asking ourselves why we had to pay $5 for shipping and then our 2 coins got sent as a parcel? :)

We also haven't got these coins yet and when we were talking about it on the New Year's Day Event ("Frozen Bone Cache Zone Run 2006 Event") another cacher said very annoyed that the coins still didn't arrive there as well.

We wanted to give one of these coins away on that event as a gift. We are pretty annoyed now as well...

Well, the reason they were sent d a m n parcel post was because I didn't charge enough for it to be sent Priority. While it may have cost $5.00 to ship there is an additional cost of packaging and labeling. However, I think I may have fixed the problem for future coins, no more international sales.

Now, that I got that out of my system, I would like to know who has not received their coins yet. I would like to get a check up on this situation and maybe try to resolve it the best way that I know.

Hi

I still aint got mine but hey there are greater crisis in life than two bits of metal going the long way round!!

Hope you dont mean to stop selling to us guys

Bob

Thanks.

I did stop and talk to the post office about the shipping of the coins. They said that it could take up to 5 weeks, and sometimes a little more. I sent the international orders out around December 5th. That would make today exactly 5 weeks. Please give it another week and see what happens, if they have not come in by then, I will try to figure out what to do about this situation. One thing I have learned is that I will now only use Global Priority shipping and just charge the extra amount. This should fix any future coins.

Our two coins arrived as well today, many thanks, they look really great! :unsure:

They were posted in a bubbled envelope as usual with $3,80 on it and stamped on DEC 02! That's 6 weeks shipping time and gives us hope for another coin that we traded and that hasn't arrived yet.

We didn't know you paid so much when you said you sent the coins as a parcel, so we apologize for the "maximum profit" comment.

Many regards,

Balla & Silly

... and this completes (?) the reports from Germany :unsure:

My two coins arrived January 11th having been posted in Catlettsburg, KY on December 2nd 2005. A great coin but Knut day passed already and no way to put it under the tree.

Propose to start taking orders for the 2006 edition in June to ship it in September as otherwise the place under the Chrismas tree will be empty again. :(

Cheers, Albatross1901

Fundamental and Venlis Posted on Jan 20 2006, 01:22 PM

Am I the only one who is still waiting these? My wife is getting really mad about the christmas tree still being in our house.. but the tree is happy  Look at it..

Mine arrived today in the UK so should be soon. We've already taken the tree down but will put it away for next years.

I think now that all the coins have arrived. I did end up resending extra coins to a few people, who had theirs lost in the mail or the package arrived torn open with no coins. But now everyone who ordered has their coins. The next coins should be here soon and will be sent out promptly. As for the international orders, I will send them by global priority and just pay the extra for the shippng out of my pocket. This will eliminate the hassle of waiting so long to get the coins.

Edited by Kilted Cacher