Pda Software

WizCreations

You'll get people that like all of them. I've never used Mobipocket, but I have Plucker and ISilo and Cachemate.

Cachemate rocks - it's the Palm paperless software of choice I think. It has the ability to edit your logs and do the most extensive searches and filters and distances as well as comes with a handful of plugins to work with the myriad of navigation software selections (including my favorite Pathaway). Cachemate provides a cache database.

ISilo and Plucker will give you the "look" of the cache web pages without the functionality - in general - that you get on the web site. It's like having all the web pages printed - just on the palm instead. They're simply offline readers with a few minor features.

Not sure if the E2 is bluetooth compatible or not, but if not I'm sure there's an SD card to make it so.

Pathaway is a navigation program that I use on my T|X and have really fallen in love with. My current setup works like this:

GPSMAP60CS with PC-Mobile's bluetooth adapter. I toss the 60CS into the glove box of my van with the bluetooth adapter and external antenna hooked up.

I drop the T|X on the seat next to me and use maps I've uploaded and calibrated to it. (It does have the ability to use pre-defined maps, but I can't get them in Japan). Pathaway may not be the mapping software of choice in places where there is better mapping. I do more Minutewars than geocaching so my trip planning is a little different than a caching day and I really rely on my maps. Caching you can usually pre-plan your trips and not have to worry about the "oh that next spot is really close, where's the road to it?"

Cachemate functions are pretty extensive, so I'd say it's best just to read up on it on the http://www.smittyware.com web site. I like the fact that there's a plugin that allows "on Palm" export of the cache database to the Pathaway format so I can load the cache waypoints on top of the Pathaway maps.

Anyway, I can ramble about Pathaway but I'm guessing if you're in the states you can get your hands on better than average map data for your GPSr already. My method works for me because of the severe lack of said data.

VW