Georgia Peach Coin

Phantom_Dog

Personally I have no problem with what they did. After all if the intent is to put it into your collection where it will sit forever more then does it matter that a few more were minted? They informed everyone about the problems and apologized immediately after it happened. Thats good enough for me.

Having said that.. It's just one of the reasons I made my coins available for trade only. No need for payment or refunds from unhappy customers.

Personally, I was disappointed that the quantity minted was much higher than promised, but sheesh they had an unexpected problem and had to deal with it. They made a decision and you can debate whether or not you would have made these same choice or not, but really it was their decision to make.

Mistakes and problems happen. The important thing is to learn from those problems andto try to prevent them from happening again.

They seem genuinely sorry that it happened, don't they? Beating them up over it hardly seems justified. They didn't do it on purpose. Give your fellow geocachers a break.

So that we don't minimize Phantom Dog's complaint (which has been addressed by Thorny1 I think), he didn't buy the coin.  He traded for it.

He's complaining about the price/number minted about a coin he TRADED FOR????

Man, that's nerve.

If he, (or anyone else) is that hacked off about all this, I'llbuy their coin from them.

for $2 over what they paid.

Hey Thorny, what was the price, anyhoo? I was at work, and missed the whole sale.

[edit--more verbage]

Edited by Shop99er

I'm just wondering why someone complains NOW. Where were these complaints the day of the sale when we were told? I too am never wild about an increase in production number, however, I also know that I was right on the cut off line for the peach coin due to PayPal's sluggishness (and I have DSL lighningbugs. So it makes no difference). I don't think I would have been too happy to find out I didn't get the coins in the end. At least with the increase in production, I did get my coins.

And why was there still such a mad frenzy to trade for these coins even after the increased number was announced? If you were one of the folks that offered multiple coins for a Peach coin, then you have no one to be mad at but yourself. When you trade coins before they are in-hand, that's a chance you take. If you "just gotta have it right now," well then, sometimes you'll trade more than you needed to in order to have that peace of mind right then.

Give these guys a break. Whining about a coin minting that's finished and in transit to them isn't going to solve a thing. If you bought the coins and are unhappy that you did, as you can see, there are several folks lined up here to take them off your hands.

I'm just wondering why someone complains NOW. Where were these complaints the day of the sale when we were told? I too am never wild about an increase in production number, however, I also know that I was right on the cut off line for the peach coin due to PayPal's sluggishness (and I have DSL lighningbugs. So it makes no difference). I don't think I would have been too happy to find out I didn't get the coins in the end. At least with the increase in production, I did get my coins.

And why was there still such a mad frenzy to trade for these coins even after the increased number was announced? If you were one of the folks that offered multiple coins for a Peach coin, then you have no one to be mad at but yourself. When you trade coins before they are in-hand, that's a chance you take. If you "just gotta have it right now," well then, sometimes you'll trade more than you needed to in order to have that peace of mind right then.

Give these guys a break. Whining about a coin minting that's finished and in transit to them isn't going to solve a thing. If you bought the coins and are unhappy that you did, as you can see, there are several folks lined up here to take them off your hands.

Well said.