2006 Ontario Geocoins

Thorny1

The 2006 Ontario Geocoins will go onsale Sunday November 27, 2005 at 10:00 AM EST. Details for the coins and the sale are located here The sale is at 10 AM, not 9 AM as the banner says.

Please do not post your preorders here - this is just to let everyone know when and where to go.

Thank you very much for your continued support.

GA Cacher, Team Pez, MadHattersNeverland, and Thorny1

Edited by Thorny1

Not to sound like a jerk, but this wont be a repeat of the peach, right? I don't want to waste my time buying a gold coin only to have another 130 minted. Advertising ahead of time like this is just going to make your ordering page get nailed hard, so I hope you've figured out what went wrong last time and know how to avoid it this time around. :D

Vargseld: We're doing them by email, with invoices sent for payment. That will hold the count to the correct amounts. There will be a waiting list for those over the set limits in case someone doesn't pay/cancels thier order. If you do not get an invoice, you do not have an order - first come, first served. We learned our lesson :D

T1

Not to sound like a jerk, but this wont be a repeat of the peach, right? I don't want to waste my time buying a gold coin only to have another 130 minted. Advertising ahead of time like this is just going to make your ordering page get nailed hard, so I hope you've figured out what went wrong last time and know how to avoid it this time around. :D

Let me tell you... that was pretty dadgum stressful today because I was thinking about that same deal. Paypal needs a way to set up quantity limits so they stop orders automatically. Imagine sitting there refreshing the account page and trying to figure out how many are being sold as fast as you can. Has anybody figured out a better way to do this?

Who knew this would be so exciting. Can't wait to try this from the other side of the table. See you Sunday morning!

Vargseld: We're doing them by email, with invoices sent for payment. That will hold the count to the correct amounts. There will be a waiting list for those over the set limits in case someone doesn't pay/cancels thier order. If you do not get an invoice, you do not have an order - first come, first served. We learned our lesson :D

T1

That would be the better way.

In other words, people won't be going right to paypal and sending payment? Instead they will send an email, or fill out a form on the website. The first 100 gold orders get invoiced, the rest get put on a wait list.

Do I have that right?

T1

In other words, people won't be going right to paypal and sending payment? Instead they will send an email, or fill out a form on the website. The first 100 gold orders get invoiced, the rest get put on a wait list.

Do I have that right?

You are indeed correct. It's a little more work for us, but it keeps everything controllable so we do not have an overrun where a coin sales out in 40 secs and people are still in the order que. People will send an email with the amounts they wish to order (bronze/silver/gold) we'll keep track and start sending out the invoices then. When we reach the limit for each coin, we will continue to send invoices for the coins ordered that are available, and put the name on the wait list for the ones that are already sold out.

In otherwords let's say I placed an order for 1 gold/2 silver/10 bronze. But by then the gold and silver are already sold out, so I would receive an invoice for the 10 bronze only and be placed on the wait list for the gold and silver in the order my email was received.

That a little clearer? :D

T1

T1

Do I have that right?

You are indeed correct. It's a little more work for us, but it keeps everything controllable so we do not have an overrun where a coin sales out in 40 secs and people are still in the order que. People will send an email with the amounts they wish to order (bronze/silver/gold) we'll keep track and start sending out the invoices then. When we reach the limit for each coin, we will continue to send invoices for the coins ordered that are available, and put the name on the wait list for the ones that are already sold out.

In otherwords let's say I placed an order for 1 gold/2 silver/10 bronze. But by then the gold and silver are already sold out, so I would receive an invoice for the 10 bronze only and be placed on the wait list for the gold and silver in the order my email was received.

That a little clearer? :D

T1

OK, so in other words... just kidding. Yes, that's very clear. I like it. No guessing involved. We'll do something like that next time....

Yes, there will be a next time. :D

So Am I correct in assuming this is NOT a coin put out by anyone that even lives in Ontario Canada?

Ga Cacher is originally from Ontario with family still living there, and Madhattersneverland currently lives in Canada. In the other thread they said they also worked with people in the area via the Ontario forums and incorporated some of their ideas.

So Am I correct in assuming this is NOT a coin put out by anyone that even lives in Ontario Canada?

Ga Cacher is originally from Ontario with family still living there, and Madhattersneverland currently lives in Canada. In the other thread they said they also worked with people in the area via the Ontario forums and incorporated some of their ideas.

Cool!

Thanks for the info AG

I'm glad I didn't get flamed. I try not to ask ANYTHING for that reason.

Vargseld: We're doing them by email, with invoices sent for payment. That will hold the count to the correct amounts. There will be a waiting list for those over the set limits in case someone doesn't pay/cancels thier order. If you do not get an invoice, you do not have an order - first come, first served. We learned our lesson :lol:

T1

Great that you're doing orders by email!

For large bulk orders, will you be figuring discounts on shipping, etc. before sending the Paypal invoices? Usually, shipping cost for my PCC order is about US$20-25 less than the quoted coin shipping prices, based on our orders for other coins.

Thanks!

For large bulk orders, will you be figuring discounts on shipping, etc. before sending the Paypal invoices? Usually, shipping cost for my PCC order is about US$20-25 less than the quoted coin shipping prices, based on our orders for other coins.

Thanks!

Bulk orders are great for saving on shipping but it seems kind of unfair that a group of 50 cachers might place a bulk order and get in super early for a coin that only has say 50 LE's and they would then take up almost all if not all of them. How does that usually work with group orders?

Just curious. I would hate to miss out on an LE just because I'm a single person and part part of some conglumerate.

Thanks!

Bulk orders are great for saving on shipping but it seems kind of unfair that a group of 50 cachers might place a bulk order and get in super early for a coin that only has say 50 LE's and they would then take up almost all if not all of them. How does that usually work with group orders?

Just curious. I would hate to miss out on an LE just because I'm a single person and part part of some conglumerate.

No worries - PCC doesn't purchase LE coins as a club, only 'base' coins, which are available in larger quantities. So, we will be buying the bronze coin only in this case. If club members want an LE or gold or whatever 'special' coin, they have to purchase it separately and individually, just as you do. I believe most of the coin clubs work this way (Nurse Dave's does, and his is the largest).

Besides that....Most coin makers limit LE/gold/etc. to 1-2 per person, which means the club buyer can't buy them for a group, anyway. Solves the problem right there. :mmraspberry:

Not to sound like a jerk, but this wont be a repeat of the peach, right? I don't want to waste my time buying a gold coin only to have another 130 minted. Advertising ahead of time like this is just going to make your ordering page get nailed hard, so I hope you've figured out what went wrong last time and know how to avoid it this time around. :mmraspberry:

Let me tell you... that was pretty dadgum stressful today because I was thinking about that same deal. Paypal needs a way to set up quantity limits so they stop orders automatically. Imagine sitting there refreshing the account page and trying to figure out how many are being sold as fast as you can. Has anybody figured out a better way to do this?

Who knew this would be so exciting. Can't wait to try this from the other side of the table. See you Sunday morning!

They do have it, its called EBAY. You can do a buy it now with a limit on the number of coins. Of course, you pay an extra 50 cents or so for each coin but at least you know that the inventory control works. :drama:

Vargseld: We're doing them by email, with invoices sent for payment. That will hold the count to the correct amounts. There will be a waiting list for those over the set limits in case someone doesn't pay/cancels thier order. If you do not get an invoice, you do not have an order - first come, first served. We learned our lesson :santa:

T1

Do I have that right?

That a little clearer? :santa:

T1

:mmraspberry: Gotcha. I'll be there. :drama:

As we have had a few questions about the metals being used wanted to add this BEFORE the sale starts this MA.

1) The "gold" coin is a bronze coin that is “The 100 gold coins are quoted for 24K polished gold plating." quote from our coin producer.

2) the "silver" coin is nickel, we started to get silver plating but that tarnishes too easy

3) Bronze is antique bronze.

Thanks for your support.

Sales start this AM

Good Luck!!

GA Cacher