Sub Category Proposal: Spring-water-source

Hi everybody,

I will create a new subcategory Spring-Water-Source under: Things/Natural Things/Spring-Water-Source.

On the photo you can see an example.

A lot of people come to this Spring-Water-Source to get fresh water.

Hope Spring-Water-Source is the right word for it.

Regards

Toby

3_G_001.sized.jpg

Hi Chstress53,

interesting, I seek after spring water,

but I found nothing about Artesian Wells.

Are they all drinking water?

Maybe we can make a sub category.

Water-Source/Artesian Wells and Spring Water ????

Any other suggestions ???

Toby

Tobix, This is the definition of artersian well: Artesian wells are wells which spring water flows through. this spring water is forced upward under pressure. The spring water in an artesian well flows from an aquifer, which is a layer of very porous rock or sediment, usually sandstone, capable of holding and transmitting large quantities of water. The word artesian comes from the town of Artois in France, the old Roman city of Artesium, where the best known flowing artesian wells were drilled in the Middle Ages. Any water from an artesian well is drinkable and the freshest one can get anywhere.. The common vernacular "spring water source" is what an Artesian Well actually is.

Prof. Y. Lupardi yes hot springs are great too I think this could be some sort of sub-Catagory under Artesian.

Yes in Germany (my neighbour country) they have a lot of artesian wells. And build all kind of heath resorts around them believing in the healing properties of dihydroxyoxide, maybe this is so because of some residue of old german pagan beliefs. (or maybe it were the Romans ) :P

And sure, once you have tracked for many days in terrible cold Himalayan mountains, a hot spring is something to remember for very long. (see my photograph a few posts back!)

I surely would want a subcategory for these.