Tikicoins!

tiki

My signature Geocoin, the TikiCoin, is ready to be released into the wild!

Please take a look at GeoTiki for photos, info, and how to order. I am really happy with the way they turned out - and I think you folks will be too. A very unique coin crafted here in my Hawaii studio. I am doing small editions (200 each) as I am making the coins by hand. I currently have 50 of each TikiCoin cast - and will cast more as soon as demand warrants.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions. Happy caching!

Henrik

PS - A big thank you to all who gave advice on my “Sculpting my own” thread a ways back.

PPS - Team Tiki will begin placing TikiCoins in Oahu caches this weekend (if it stops raining) - Happy Thanksgiving!

11/24 update:

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and interest in the TikiCoins!

I want to update everyone on the inventory status. As of this morning, I have sold the 50 castings of each coin I have in my studio - I will begin casting the remaining 150 coins tomorrow, and they will be ready for shipping in no more than 3 weeks (you will have them in time for Christmas).

The first 50 coins will be sent out this weekend (Monday at the latest) via US Priority mail.

I will keep everyone posted on the coin casting status. As always, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

PS - we are looking into setting up an e-mail notification for the next tikicoin release - it wont be until February or March 2006.

Mahalo!

Henrik aka Tiki

Edited by tiki
I cant see where to order them. Are they sold out already?

Uhhh. Move your mouse pointer around until the masks turn angry.

©¿©¬

I sheepishly admit I didn't get the subtlety of the mask icons the first time, either. User experience glitch.... :rolleyes:

Paypaled for 1 of each. Love that you hand-crafted these 'coins.' I can just hear Robin Williams saying the 'mighty Yawp!' :rolleyes:

Nice coin but way to expensive for the size. hopefully I can work out a trade someday with someone.

If the tiki collectors got wind of this they'd pay WAYYYYY more that $10 for one.

We've been to tiki bar crawls where the tiki freaks (and I say that in a loving way) paid a whole lot more for a whole lot less.

This is hours invested and produced by the artist. They aren't stamped out by the dozen in Hong Kong. This is a bargain!

I think the hand made coins are refreshing. We ordered one of each. I wish there was a way to be notified via e-mail when the new designs are released.

--Marky

Ok, so we went out and did a couple of late night tries at FTF with no luck, drove 70 miles only to be a 4th on the list. :rolleyes:

So when we got back home the only way to turn a :rolleyes: to a :rolleyes: is to bite on one of each.

But I agree, if we are spending this much on handcrafted ones and they look nice, it would be like purchasing fine china at the grocery store one place setting at a time, and then before the service for 8 is done, they sell out.

Keep us in mind for the next ones.

Thanks

I think the hand made coins are refreshing. We ordered one of each. I wish there was a way to be notified via e-mail when the new designs are released.

--Marky

Since you have all the e-mails of the people who bought via paypal, maybe you could send out a note a day in advance so that those people could get first crack when new tikis come out.

--Marky

11/24 update:

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and interest in the TikiCoins!

I want to update everyone on the inventory status. As of this morning, I have sold the 50 castings of each coin I have in my studio - I will begin casting the remaining 150 coins tomorrow, and they will be ready for shipping in no more than 3 weeks (you will have them in time for Christmas).

The first 50 coins will be sent out this weekend (Monday at the latest) via US Priority mail.

I will keep everyone posted on the coin casting status. As always, please feel free to e-mail me with any questions.

PS - we are looking into setting up an e-mail notification for the next tikicoin release - it wont be until February or March 2006.

Mahalo!

Henrik aka Tiki

MamaYime and I received a well wishing tiki mask carving from our friend in Honolulu for our wedding years ago, and Yawp looks like like him! Had to have one. PayPalled for one. I didn't get in on the initial 50, so I'll assume this will be a part of the second casting? Let me know.

Hey, Yime,

I just got around to clicking on your webpage link in your sig line.

That's hysterical!! :mad::):D

yug esiw.

MamaYime and I received a well wishing tiki mask carving from our friend in Honolulu for our wedding years ago, and Yawp looks like like him!  Had to have one.  PayPalled for one.  I didn't get in on the initial 50, so I'll assume this will be a part of the second casting?  Let me know.

Hey, Yime,

That's hysterical!! :D:D:D

yug esiw.

Don't say I didn't warn you. You'll never get that minute back. Never. :D

I didn't get in on the initial 50, so I'll assume this will be a part of the second casting?  Let me know.

Thank you for the purchase! You are correct - you just missed the first 50, so your TikiCoin will be finding it's way to you in a few weeks. I appreciate your patience -

Mahalo -

Tiki (aka Henrik)

MamaYime and I received a well wishing tiki mask carving from our friend in Honolulu for our wedding years ago, and Yawp looks like like him!  Had to have one.  PayPalled for one.  I didn't get in on the initial 50, so I'll assume this will be a part of the second casting?  Let me know.

Hey, Yime,

That's hysterical!! :D:D:D

yug esiw.

Yep, I did the same earlier this afternoon :DB)

Hey, Yime,

That's hysterical!! :D:DB)

yug esiw.

Yep, I did the same earlier this afternoon :D:D

ROFLMAO!!!!!

OOOO I love it!!!

Hey everyone -

I was just notified that our site was down for a bit due to server problems - looks like we are back up and running. Very sorry for the inconvenience!

Parroet - we haven't sold out of the edition just yet - but we have surpassed the initial 50 that I had cast. I will begin casting the remaining coins in the edition tomorrow morning and will have them done in a few weeks. Definately in time for Christmas!

Order them at GeoTiki

Mahalo-

Henrik a.k.a. Tiki

Edited by tiki