Question About Selling Coins

graylling

Just a question for those people who have designed and sold their personal coin here on the forum.

Do you just manufacture just enough to cover the sales or do you get a few more made for trading afterward???

This question is more for people who sell their personal coins rather than state or organization produced coins.

With my Red-Handed coin, I sort of created it on a whim after a joke post in the forum. I took pre-orders for a finite time and then produced enough to cover orders, plus the amount I myself wanted (charging myself the same rate as charged others - so no one is paying for my coins except myself). The goal of taking pre-orders was to get enough volume to make the coin trackable (500+)

In the end, I will end up subsidizing the coins I sold by a few cents each -- but this was a labour of love -- not a business or money-making thing.

Although I do trade coins, my main point in creating them was to have a cache item. I thought it would be about 50/50, but it seems to be about 70/30 (trade/cache)

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog