Cache Bash In Bath/bristol Area?

just go for it and see what happens. its always good to meet new and old cachers. you never no until you do it. you will always get people turning up don't matter what time just so long as its on a weekend. make it some where you can take kids and dog's.some people like to eat as well. :lol: you could make it a evening cache meet. all ways make sure you got lots off room you never no how many will turn up.but all ways have a good time your self's.just go with the flow. ;)

Seems not, we would come over from Wales to any event in that area.

Maybe they dont read the forums.

Someone is getting it together for one in Wales next year, they started by mailing people who lived in the area.

I presume they got the location by checking out people who had set caches in the area, that might be worth considering, if you feel it is worth it.

bumped into a fellow cacher yesterday.talked about organsing a cache bash in the new year, any interested parties in bristol/bath area?anyone organised one before?any advice do's don't?etc

Ah!

That was me :rolleyes:

As I mentioned to you, there was a very relaxed and enjoyable event held in Bristol last year, organised by Mark of The Ghostbusters (Page here).

I really do think that it's a worthwhile venture, and also well overdue. Organising an event isn't difficult in theory, but the groundwork of finding a nice pub, setting some caches that get 'released' on the day, and very importantly, deciding on something to entertain cachers with young children, can be time-consuming.

Nevertheless, let's give it a go. The first thing is to decide the date, then the venue, and then get the cache page listed.

So... new year... we can pick a Saturday or Sunday in January or February.

The Venue... somewhere with parking, affordable food, child/dog friendly, and with lots of nearby caches.

I'll drop a mail to some of the local cachers over the coming days to ask them to contribute to the thread, if they haven't already read it.

Klaus

Klaus

Ahhh, Klaus. There you are. I was only thinking of you last Friday night.....

.... when I was watching the Wurzels play at Exeter City Football Club :mad:

Where've you been? I'll do my best to come up to an Event in the area, but it depends on other "stuff"

LMAO... :D:P:)

I've been 'in the long grass', as the Irish say. I'm living in Bristol full-time since last month, and would be willing to do some work on this event.

In the meantime, if you're in the area, give me a shout.

Bath is good for us, the key is a location with something to keep the kids occupied.....

I don't know Bath too well to propose a location.

If the location were to be Bath, given it's parking restrictions and one way system, would a child-friendly country pub be a better idea?

Victoria Park is a great place to entertain the kids but they won't fancy a picnic in this weather and there's not much cover. Parking is invariably good at the back end of the Charlotte Street car park just south of this cache near Royal Crescent. (Shameless cache promotion :lol: ).

If we want an earlier meeting and indoors then we could meet up at a pub with playground such as this Out&Out at Batheaston which is pictured on the cache page in the background of this cache. I've just spoken to them and they could give us part of the restaurant * one Saturday lunchtime in Jan/Feb.

Edit: * assuming that people want to eat there

Edited by The Wombles

Feel sure that quite a few would meet up here for a meet. and there are plety of caches about, mostly Wombles and Gowenhouse, but all interesting, some easy some difficult. lovely area to meet though and parking would not be an issue. Probably need an umbrella rather than a parasol that time of year though!! :back:;)

If we want an earlier meeting and indoors then we could meet up at a pub with playground such as this Out&Out at Batheaston which is pictured on the cache page in the background of this cache. I've just spoken to them and they could give us part of the restaurant * one Saturday lunchtime in Jan/Feb.

Sounds good... it's easily accessible from the motorway and Bath/Stroud A-roads, has a playground and you've done the hard work of already getting in touch. There's also an easy virtual and several nice caches nearby.

Shall we agree on a venue then? Personally I don't mind (being childless and usually free on Saturdays) but is this ok with everyone else in the SW/Wiltshire area?

Next step is fixing a date, and then comes the event cache page ;)

We think a bash in the Bath area would be a great idea. The Out and Out sounds a good option, we had thought of the George at Bathampton but there's no kids play area and the food's pricey, although it has a big car park. There's also quite a big pub at the bottom of the old A46 out of Bath, next to Alice Park - we'll check it out as an option. I think once you post the event on the main site it will generate a lot of interest. :huh: