Waymarking? Good Or Bad?

hi fokes!!!

who here in the CITO community think that the Waymarking is littering???

i meen not saying that Waymarking is Bad or any thing its just the concept involves slapping a red-and-white sticker on objects that are part of the natural or built environment, I believe there is already a term for it.

It's called littering.

And unless I'm missing something, isn't there more than a little irony in that this activity is being promoted by folks who also promote a more responsible activity, namely "Cache In, Trash Out"

you see what i am saying

i don't want to go to my local town/ park and find 20 Waymarking stickers all over

in one place!

tree

play ground

slide

mailbox

Phone

house

car

used car lot

i can go on and on

more of what i am trying to say is

there is a time and a place to put Waymarking stickers

not that i don't have trust in people

its the people that do that kind of thing to mess up a good game

by putting up Waymarking stickers everywhere

i think it would have been fun for random geocachers put the stickers somewere and have the people go find them and then the next month a new batch can have a go at it and the game can go on and on and we won't have stickers everywere!!!

humm

not saying its a bad idea

lets hear it from you

Edited by Charles Iverson
hi fokes!!!

who here in the  CITO community think that the Waymarking is littering???

i meen not saying that Waymarking is Bad or any thing its just  the concept involves slapping a red-and-white sticker on objects that are part of the natural or built environment, I believe there is already a term for it.

It's called littering.

And unless I'm missing something, isn't there more than a little irony in that this activity is being promoted by folks who also promote a more responsible activity, namely "Cache In, Trash Out"

you see what i am saying

i don't want to go to my local town/ park and find 20 Waymarking stickers all over

in one place!

tree

play ground

slide

mailbox

Phone

house

car

used car lot

i can go on and on

more of what i am trying to say is

there is a time and a place to put Waymarking stickers

not that i don't have trust in people

its the people that do that kind of thing to mess up a good game

by putting up Waymarking stickers everywhere

i think it would have been fun for random geocachers put the stickers somewere and have the people go find them and then the next month a new batch can have a go at it and the game can go on and on and we won't have stickers everywere!!!

humm

not saying its a bad idea

lets hear it from you

Huh? :lol:

Someone's hitting the crack pipe pretty early in the morning.

what stickers?

Edited by Mopar