Geocaching Vest

i just picked up a safari vest from cabelas and it's awesome for geocaching. i can fit both of my gpsr's, compass, gloves, tb's, and all the other stuff i take with me. check it out.

I went cheaper and got a fishing vest. All kinds of pockets .Plus it has a large pocket in the back, to put my camel bak in, with ice in it to keep me cool.

My partners laugh and hum the "Raiders of the Lost Ark" theme, everytime we go out.

But, I do like the vest, keep all my gear in it. Grab my staff, my hat and vest and I'm ready go (but no whip...)

I went cheaper and got a fishing vest. All kinds of pockets.

Yep me too. Cheapo fishing vest from Longs Drugs. It's got room to carry all the other little things I like to bring, small field guide, various containers and bags for natures "gifts" (bugs, scat, owl pellets). I usually have a field lens too. Oooo and I love cargo pants. Lotsa pockets.

The Duluth vest is awesome, both from a comfort standpoint (avbl. in summer and winter weights) and from a utility standpoint. LOTS of pockets in and out. For cooler weather check out their Force Nine vest. That has been my choice for geocaching and often eliminates the need for a pack. Generally, I've found the Duluth products to be a real high quality for reasonable prices.

Bag o' Tricks

The Duluth vest is awesome, both from a comfort standpoint (avbl. in summer and winter weights) and from a utility standpoint. LOTS of pockets in and out. For cooler weather check out their Force Nine vest. That has been my choice for geocaching and often eliminates the need for a pack. Generally, I've found the Duluth products to be a real high quality for reasonable prices.

Bag o' Tricks

I have the Duluth vest and love it. Worked well for a recent cache trip around Los Angeles.

The Duluth vest is awesome, both from a comfort standpoint (avbl. in summer and winter weights) and from a utility standpoint.  LOTS of pockets in and out.  For cooler weather check out their Force Nine vest.  That has been my choice for geocaching and often eliminates the need for a pack.  Generally, I've found the Duluth products to be a real high quality for reasonable prices.

Bag o' Tricks

I have the Duluth vest and love it. Worked well for a recent cache trip around Los Angeles.

I think I vagely remember that caching trek around Los Angeles. <_<

I was impressed, especially as I was carrying all of my geek supplies (digital camera, GPSr, PDA, cell phone, watch) on my person and I really didn't have enough pockets.

I like the idea of a vest, but I need to carry a lot of water and sometimes other supplies. I end up wearing a pack with accessory pouches on my belt or straps.

I sure wish that when manufacturers are looking for a new feature or product that they'd consider folks like us. I'd imagine that long-hiking birders, photographers and other gadget-oriented hikers would really love a hybrid design with lots of front-accessible storage. I'm aware of the load-bearing equipment (LBE) vests for police and military (like the picture in a previous post above), but they're not quite right.

Wow. You all must be rich folk. Try this link for quality vests at good prices. I bought the safari vest for $40. I like that one of the front pockets is big enough for a water bottle, and the neck is padded sweat and absorbant, so it handles the weight distribution well.

Vestmate

Super nice people there too! ( and no, I don't know them!)