Cachemate

njload

How does this program work? I am running a Tungsten E and the newest version of CachMate and CM2GPX and can not figure how to export log notes to gpx file to import into Gsak.

Any Help is Appreciated.

NJLOAD

Edit: When I click on the cm2gpx.exe file nothing happens, quick screen flash and nothing.

Thanks

Edited by njload

Funny, I just hopped on to ask the same question. We're using a Palm m130. got the PQ into GSAK no problem, downloaded everything into the Palm no problem. Now I'm just trying to figure out how to upload the new found status of the caches we got back into GSAK. I run the CM2GPX and get the same stupid screen flash you do. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Evernham Fans

The latest ver of GSAK will read the Cachemate .pdb file that is backed up onto your computer from your last Hotsync. There's no need to export to a GPX file.

I used that functionality last week when I bought GSAK and used it to check for inconsistencies btwn my Cachemate data and my Geocaching.com data (turns out there was one error).

As for using cm2gpx, I guess there's a lot of computer users these days who have no experience using command-line programs and opening DOS windows under Windows...but that's what you have to do if you want to use it, or write a .bat file to automate the process. You can't just double-click on its icon in Windows because then you're not telling it what to do so it starts up and then exits (hence your "flashing" DOS window).

GeoBC

geobc, thanks for your more tack-full response. As of this reply there have been 111 views and I wonder out of the 111 how many knew it was a command line program and not a GUI interface. Unfortunately we are not all computer savvy when it comes to command line programs, and the help file synopsis as it's called, also is not user FRIENDLY.

Sorry I asked such a stupid question.

Again thanks

How do you open the .pdb file with GSAK. I can create them, but I don't know how to go the other direction.

I forgot how I did it but just looked it up again: I used a macro provided by Clyde (GSAK): http://gsak.net/Macros.php

"CacheMateLog.txt

Macro to get the latest copy of Cachemate's backup database, extract the finds, update the local copy, then sequentially (by found date and distance from home) open the GC.com logging page with the user notes from the local record copied into the clipboard. Once logging is complete, finds are moved to another database if the user has defined that. "

Works great.

GeoBC