Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
WYlostinMA

1 Bronze And 1 Pewter Free

Here is the deal, I have less than no skill at making icons, and we need two icons for gc.com for the coin tracking. So, we will give the person who comes up with the icon for the coin 1 Bronze and 1 Pewter Wyoming coin free. Here is what we need, we need the icon in two sizes. One 16 X 16 pixels and the second 32 X 32 pixels. Let the games begin...

Here is an example of one that I tried to resize but it come out like crap.

bronc1.gif

Also here is a picture of the coin...

wysilver3.jpg

Edited by WYlostinMA

"Less than no skill making icons".... Hmmm.....

Try NOT making an icon... See if you wind up with a good one!

But seriously. What do you want it to look like? What does the coin look like? I'd love to take a stab at it but would want some kind of direction to begin.

"Less than no skill making icons"....  Hmmm.....

But seriously.  What do you want it to look like?  What does the coin look like?  I'd love to take a stab at it but would want some kind of direction to begin.

I would like to know the same.

Edited by Mystery Ink

I usually envision Wyoming colors as the University of Wyoming's brown and gold, but in doing a quick search, I found the Wyoming flag to be a field of blue with a red border. I just kind of quickly adapted that color scheme to a "circular" icon reflecting the shape of a coin, and with your bucking bronco.

wyomingicon32.jpg

wyomingicon16.jpg

I can adjust it if you like the general idea. Email me through GC if you're interested.

Yime

I like Yemon's, but here's what I came up with.

broncoBOTH.jpg or broncoBOTHshadow2.jpg

BGB

Edited by biggeeks

I like Yime's and Big Geek's. But Big Geeks shows up better and is more clear in the tiny size (set on left).

Where is the tiny size used, anyway? I don't think I've ever seen it. I vote for the Yime design. <_<

Here's a slight touch up, softening up the blue to make the bronco a bit more clear:

wyomingiconB32.jpg

wyomingiconB16.jpg

Vars, the 16 pixel icons should be for your "My Account" page listing the last 30 days worth of logs. Although I have yet to see the smaller geocoin icons show up there. I've only ever seen the TB "pickup", "drop", and "swap" icons there when a geocoin gets moved.

Here's a slight touch up, softening up the blue to make the bronco a bit more clear:

wyomingiconB32.jpg

wyomingiconB16.jpg

That's cool, it even has similar coloring to the Wyoming flag

nunst083.gif

Edited by welch

I think you should go with the BUFFALO in the icon !!

Another possibility...(totally different self-promotional :D )

BISONicons.jpg

We say, "Stick w/ the bronc!" :D

Both Yime and BG have nice designs... glad we don't have to choose! :rolleyes:

I've sent this to my friend Jamie, who has done all of our Georgia Coins, Ontario Coins, not to mention several other peoples personal coin. He will get back to you tomorrow.

-TP

wyomingiconB32.jpg

wyomingiconB16.jpg

Vars, the 16 pixel icons should be for your "My Account" page listing the last 30 days worth of logs. Although I have yet to see the smaller geocoin icons show up there. I've only ever seen the TB "pickup", "drop", and "swap" icons there when a geocoin gets moved.

Look to your "watchlist" for the small icons

I think it has be the bucking bronc (It's Wyoming!) ... but I really like the square icon idea/concept.

©¿©¬

We say, "Stick w/ the bronc!"  :rolleyes:

Both Yime and BG have nice designs... glad we don't have to choose!  <_<

Wyoming doesn't have a football team......Broncos play in Denver...come on! :D:unsure:

What's in Wyoming? Lots of Bison and Hot Air (YNP)!

a4b46f94-6dcb-4cc1-83f2-b6fbf47ed7e1.jpg

Edited by PassingWind

Thank you to everyone who helped with the icon, the person who's design we have deceided to use, will be contacted....