Moderator could these posts be moved to this thread (before this one)?:

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1836434

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1837355

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1837608

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1837843

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1837899

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1837945

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...dpost&p=1838266

And yes I made a mistake stating I should have received an invitation for moving my virtual cache (and not a locationless cache) GCGY2Z to a Waymarking subcategory. :shame: :blush:

Sorry Jeremy for suggesting you made a mistake and thanks tozainamboku for pointing this out .

So now I will search the forum for the right procedure for moving a virtual cache to a waymark category. Any suggestions are welcome.

At this time virtuals are not being moved or transfered to Waymarking they are grandfathered on GC.com, but if it fits into a Catagory create a waymark for it. You see Virtual caches can be compared to or become waymarks ----just as locationless caches become catagories. If there is not yet a suitable catagory to post in follow the procedures for suggesting new catagories in the proposal thread.

And yes I made a mistake stating I should have received an invitation for moving my virtual cache (and not a locationless cache) GCGY2Z to a Waymarking subcategory. :shame: :blush:

Sorry Jeremy for suggesting you made a mistake and thanks tozainamboku for pointing this out .

Actually everything was working correctly. You made a mistake of sneaking in a locationless cache by listing it as a virtual. An email went out to locationless cache owners to convert their locationless caches to waymark categories.

After I nicely asked you to create a new topic your first post is filled with criticisms and attacks from the get go. Nice job. That was sarcasm by the way. I'm just following your general sarcastic tone.

Since your listing was not a locationless cache you will have to resubmit your idea to the proposal section of this forum once we start formally accepting new categories. Since you are not a premium member you'll have to find someone who wants to manage it, or upgrade your membership to manage it yourself. In the meantime you'll just have to wait patiently.

In the meantime I'll see what we need to do to recategorize your virtual to a locationless. Obviously since you skirted the moratorium we will not extend the same courtesy as we did to the legitimate locationless cache owners.

There is no way I can react to this post without writing something down which might not infuriate you more. But I will try.

Actually everything was working correctly. You made a mistake of sneaking in a locationless cache by listing it as a virtual.

I did this? (I DaanVindZe who only adopted this cache on the 7th of august)

After I nicely asked you to create a new topic your first post is filled with criticisms and attacks from the get go. Nice job. That was sarcasm by the way. I'm just following your general sarcastic tone.

Right. Point taken.

Since your listing was not a locationless cache you will have to resubmit your idea to the proposal section of this forum once we start formally accepting new categories.

Done.

Since you are not a premium member you'll have to find someone who wants to manage it, or upgrade your membership to manage it yourself. In the meantime you'll just have to wait patiently.

PM hrng has offered to manage this category if needed I will also become a PM. I hope somebody will support this proposal.

In the meantime I'll see what we need to do to recategorize your virtual to a locationless. Obviously since you skirted the moratorium we will not extend the same courtesy as we did to the legitimate locationless cache owners.

Thank you. Though I would like to disagree with you about willfully skirting the moratorium..

Edited by DaanVindZe

DaanVindZe

Maybe because English is not your native language you do not understand what is occurring" You said to Jeremy "I hope you will not use it because on the 31 of December thus will end the cache" You are mistaken!!! ALL Virtuals are grandfathered and they will continue on the gc.com until they are not maintained. It is only the locationless caches that are ending in Jan. Your virtual cache will still be there if you want it to be and still able for finders to find these GRANDFATHERED caches just like the Project Ape caches and the Earthcaches. This could change in the future but as of now your cache will still be there!!! as it is a virtual not a locationless.

Your statement "The support however is zero" in English also sounds very sarcastic to me as does other comments, you linked to in your top post. This may be in translation I can't speak to that but they do not sound nice. Other cachers from around the world have had the opportunity to post to the proposal thread on Oct 5 and weigh in on the discussion of making the VIRTUAL not Locationless cache a Catagory; but these are discussions, and this catagory was not even proposed by you. In a few months from now there will be new procedures to create Catagories. But for now as has been said many times To own a catagory the procedure is to post a proposal and participate in the discussion and wait to be contacted by Gc,com. See this:"The idea is that if there isn't a category for something you want to find, you propose it and it becomes a new category. It is still an early beta, however, and based on feedback from the first few months we need to put some more features in place before we open it up more to new categories."

We are occasionally pulling category proposals and making them into categories now. If you have a good idea you can post it in there.

You also seemed to miss Jeremy's point that he is as he said " In the meantime I'll see what we need to do to recategorize your virtual to a locationless" This sure sounds like this cache will become a catagory and it does sound interesting; But your statment " I know you have the power is even more than sarcastic it sounds like vieled threat and is the height of sarcasim" but as he also said please be patient like the rest of us. I think there is a lot of work going into this site and it is new and has lots of things to work out . But getting your way by nasty comments is not the way to do this. Remembeer it is still in Beta,I just love being in on the ground floor of such a great addition to my caching hobby. But remember ground floors sometimes need polishing

Edited by chstress53
DaanVindZe 

Maybe because English is not your native language you do not understand what is occurring"  You said to Jeremy "I hope you will not use it because on the 31 of December thus will end the cache"  You are mistaken!!!  ALL Virtuals are grandfathered and they will continue on the gc.com until they are not maintained.  It is only the locationless caches that are ending in Jan.  Your virtual cache will still be there if you want it to be and still able for finders to find these GRANDFATHERED caches just like the Project Ape caches and the Earthcaches.  This could change in the future but as of now your cache will still be there!!! as it is a virtual not a locationless.

You missed Jeremy's point.

DaanVindZe's virtual isn't a virtual at all, but a locationless cache with the wrong cache type on it. That's why he didn't get the email to convert his cache to a waymark category. If the cache type is changed to the correct one, it will be archived in January. Seems fair to the other locationless owners to do the same with this one.

(If you'd like to read the page, load it into http://babelfish.altavista.com and use the Dutch to English translation. It's not perfect, but it's functional.)

I agree with you that the Waymarking is exciting, I just need to find more time to get out there. When there are more categories added it will only get more exciting. Found a cool coffee house the other day that I can't wait to add once that category is added.

;)

Robert, thanks for the clarification. I was aware that he felt his virtual was a locationless. Please read the other threads he posted at the top of the page that might explain some of the background. DaanVindZe needs to let them know he desires this as in Jeremy's post. My post was an attempt to say that he still could keep it as a virtual if he liked, the decision is his, but he needed to post a proposal in the thread as Jeremy asked, what he did post though seemed very sarcastic especially his last statment that I interpret that he does not wish it to become a locationless now. We will only know when he posts again. Miss caching with you, we have not been to Maryland since we came down with avroair and the group, to get that Ape Cache.

Loved your link thanks

Edited by chstress53

No problem. It's easy to see 2 different sides sometimes. ;)

Yeah that was a good time. I've been trying to find time to get up to NJ but haven't had much luck yet. I still have a watch on your hot dog TB and even though it didn't meet it's goal, I was glad to be able to rescue it and get it moving again for you!

Take care.

Thank you. Especially for explaining me the nuances of the English language. <_<

I have changed the parts you mentioned.

I have a lot to work on. I will close this topic and wait patiently like Jeremy suggested because obviously I am saying the things the wrong way and it only can get worse.

Cheers

DVZ

Edited by DaanVindZe