San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Posted this in the SD Thread too.

We all know the Fattboy had a bit of a problem in the sand on Saturday. That evening he claimed that he was, in fact, NOT stuck. I have video that proves that he wasn't.

And a photo.

Jim - W9JIM

Thats a Funny Video I remember pulling Fatboy out of a ditch a few years back also

Thanks for sharing the video!

Great Memories

SlabyFam

We all know the Fattboy had a bit of a problem in the sand on Saturday. That evening he claimed that he was, in fact, NOT stuck. I have video that proves that he wasn't.

And a photo.

Jim - W9JIM

Thats a Funny Video I remember pulling Fatboy out of a ditch a few years back also

Great Memories

SlabyFam

Ne'mind what they say FATTBOY, youda man!

0a3056c6-05e5-44e1-b43c-e91b7051adea.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

I found out from my brother that Google Maps can directly import KML or KMZ files. What this means is we can use Google Earth to create files of our tracks, etc. and overlay it with Google Maps. Although the following link example does not have any cache waypoints, it can contain anything that the KML/KMZ file support. Pretty cool.. check it out. Otay Tracks

It is an easy way to post tracks to help others.

TA

Edited by Team Adelos
I found out from my brother that Google Maps can directly import KML or KMZ files. What this means is we can use Google Earth to create files of our tracks, etc. and overlay it with Google Maps. Although the following link example does not have any cache waypoints, it can contain anything that the KML/KMZ file support. Pretty cool.. check it out. Otay Tracks

TA

Cool! I just noticed that Google Maps added traffic maps too. That should help the FTFers...

TA

Wow, that is cool - great find! :(
Speaking of Google Maps, go to "Get Directions" and type anything involving a trip across the Atlantic, such as New York City to London, and take a peek at the mode of transportation for the 3462 miles across the Atlantic.

:o<_< Turn right at Central St0.1 mirarrow01.png40.Turn right at Long Wharf0.1 mitransparent.png41.Swim across the Atlantic Ocean3,462 mi 29 days 0 hours...rarrow01.png42.Slight right at E050.5 mi

Speaking of Google Maps, go to "Get Directions" and type anything involving a trip across the Atlantic, such as New York City to London, and take a peek at the mode of transportation for the 3462 miles across the Atlantic.

:o<_< Turn right at Central St0.1 mirarrow01.png40.Turn right at Long Wharf0.1 mitransparent.png41.Swim across the Atlantic Ocean3,462 mi 29 days 0 hours...rarrow01.png42.Slight right at E050.5 mi

When does this swim across the Atlantic event take place? I need to start training. Are there any caches we can grab on the way? Don't you guys think we could do the Pacific first since it is closer to most of us.

Edited by "lostguy"

And a photo.

Jim - W9JIM

Great Memories

SlabyFam

October 26, 2003. I was there with Tim and got a picture of the above event. I'll try to post it.

Edited by Chuck B
:):) Turn right at Central St0.1 mirarrow01.png40.Turn right at Long Wharf0.1 mitransparent.png41.Swim across the Atlantic Ocean3,462 mi 29 days 0 hours...rarrow01.png42.Slight right at E050.5 mi

Don't know if you've looked at the rest of this trip, but Google Maps has you swim to Le Havre in France and then drive 150miles to Boulogne-sur-Mer and then from there "drive" to Dover. Not mentioned is that if you take directions as given, you'll either drive onto a ferry (if your timing is good) or into the Channel (if your timing is bad.)

If it were me, I'd swim to Lands End in Cornwall and drive to London from there (saving myself about 250 miles of swimming -- not to mention the cost of the ferry...)

:(:) Turn right at Central St0.1 mirarrow01.png40.Turn right at Long Wharf0.1 mitransparent.png41.Swim across the Atlantic Ocean3,462 mi 29 days 0 hours...rarrow01.png42.Slight right at E050.5 mi

Don't know if you've looked at the rest of this trip, but Google Maps has you swim to Le Havre in France and then drive 150miles to Boulogne-sur-Mer and then from there "drive" to Dover. Not mentioned is that if you take directions as given, you'll either drive onto a ferry (if your timing is good) or into the Channel (if your timing is bad.)

If it were me, I'd swim to Lands End in Cornwall and drive to London from there (saving myself about 250 miles of swimming -- not to mention the cost of the ferry...)

I agree! That's much better... :)

TA

Cool.. it works with the GC bookmark lists also..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;t=h&om=1

And TB history..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...mp;z=3&om=1

TA

Edited by Team Adelos
Does anyone have tracks covering the McGinty area caches? I am going there Saturday and thought I could use them to help optimize my trail.

As a member of the Lost Patrol (a.k.a. the "multitude of woodland creatures"), "optimizing my trail" sounds like blasphemy :lol: (especially coming from Sarge)! :)

(I've got some tracks if you want them...)

Thanks everyone. I received some tracks covering the whole area. I should be good now, but I don't promise that I wont go the wrong way. :) If I don't post by Sunday at midnight, come get me.. :lol:

Chuck B wanted all of you desert rats to see his CSI shot of FATTBOY'S disputed encounter with a few grains of sand.

c4918b87-6d48-4178-abcf-665441c60b84.jpg

Nice work Chuck B.

THAT'S NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

KO! OK! WHAT'S UP CHUCK B ARE YOU PUTTING UP FAKE PHOTO'S ?

I DON'R SEE SLABYFAM NO WHERE??

IT'S NOT ME !!!!

I DRIVE GREAT!!!

:rolleyes: FATTBOY :blink:

Edited by FATTBOY

:rolleyes: THAT WAS NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO WHAT DOES SOMEONE HAVE A EXPOLER THAT LOOKS LIKE MINE??

I NEVER LIE.....

:mad: FATTBOY B)

Photos you can fake, but how do you explain this?

FatboyStuck.jpg

WHAT I'M IN SOUTH PARK NOW ???

DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE ME ???

:blink: FATTBOY :blink:

baby_cry.gif I WAS NOT STUCKBaby00011.gif

:rolleyes: THAT WAS NOT ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO WHAT DOES SOMEONE HAVE A EXPOLER THAT LOOKS LIKE MINE??

I NEVER LIE.....

I hate to be contrary here, but Fatboy is correct, it was obviously a case of mistaken identity. As proof of that position I only have to mention one thing; all the remaining beer was back at Skillet's Camp as we all left, do any of you really beleive Fatboy would have left that beer unprotected?

Chuck B wanted all of you desert rats to see his CSI shot of FATTBOY'S disputed encounter with a few grains of sand.

c4918b87-6d48-4178-abcf-665441c60b84.jpg

Nice work Chuck B.

THAT'S NOT ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

KO! OK! WHAT'S UP CHUCK B ARE YOU PUTTING UP FAKE PHOTO'S ?

I DON'R SEE SLABYFAM NO WHERE??

IT'S NOT ME !!!!

I DRIVE GREAT!!!

:rolleyes: FATTBOY :blink:

:blink: Hey FATTBOY..if I had known you were gonna get stuck I wouldn't have sold the Honda!!!! Sorry I wasn't there to pull ya out!

Hey guys here's a unique event! We hope you can make it and be part of this ... happening. It should be fun!

http://tinyurl.com/yv55zo

Read the details of the event and see why it may be a bit different ...

Tell others! Let's get a crowd!

Hoping to get a decent turn-out for this 15 minute event! We also have a few more jobs that need to be filled. We are looking for volunteers to lend a hand.

Again here is a link to the event page: http://tinyurl.com/yv55zo

And here is a link to our planning document. Here you will see more detail and the type of jobs we still need help with.

http://tinyurl.com/2gsl3e

We are synchronizing this event with other Flash Mob Cache events (all over the world), will take pics and create a collage.

Thanks again and hope to see you there San Diego Cachers!

Has anyone explored the Arroyo Tapiado Mud Caves? I have taken the Bandits out there a few times we had a blast exploring the caves. I was thinking of getting a group together for a day of exploring. Here are coords. There are a lot of caches out there. N 32 55.630 W 116 11.706

Edited by Glamis Bandits