San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

I think Domelands is an 8 mile hike...Right Jahoadi?

:laughing: Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

It is off the S2. Here is the area from Google Earth:

d1b40d72-f130-4eb0-a380-2d39d5e55700.jpg

It looks like you approach the hiking trail from that dirt road that goes NE from the S2.

;) Yes..that's it. Not alot of caches, but the area is georgeous....fossils, mud pots, slot canyon, oyster bed, cool washes, etc etc. Look at Gecko Dad's pics.

;);) What not to do alone: GCJGKX

Oh My! Having grown up in the mountains of New Mexico and Colorado, this story sounds all too familiar -- except that in this case, it did not have an unfortunate ending. Please do be careful up there, John. I know that this may be hard to believe but we actually do want you to come back! ;):laughing:

I cached with RocketMan in the Rockies with spotty patches of deep snow and it was tough to find caches. I can't imagine what it would be like with deep snow everywhere. I'm glad you made it back OK John!

;) Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

It looks like you approach the hiking trail from that dirt road that goes NE from the S2.

;) Yes..that's it. Not alot of caches, but the area is georgeous....fossils, mud pots, slot canyon, oyster bed, cool washes, etc etc. Look at Gecko Dad's pics.

I can't believe that there is not at least one puzzle there.. :laughing:

Edited by Team Adelos

;) Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

d1b40d72-f130-4eb0-a380-2d39d5e55700.jpg

:laughing: Yes..that's it. Not alot of caches, but the area is georgeous....fossils, mud pots, slot canyon, oyster bed, cool washes, etc etc. Look at Gecko Dad's pics.

Sounds like my kind of caching! I can't wait! ;)

Friday night hike at McGinty (western trails).

These are the 30 caches I propose we visit. It comes out to about 10.75 miles. Current forecast calls for clear skies.

10BWX Lost Patrol - start here 7P.

10DV0 The Ascent

10AKE Home is Where

10DV3 Honey & Water

10BKN W.M.M.

10AKP Mansion View

10EDC Because

10GM7 Looking For

10DTT Tennis Anyone

105FK Cul de Sac

ZF20 Tear Drop

ZGYQ Just Passing

105X1 Below McGinty

10BYJ The Hills be

ZGYR Daddy's Shortcut

10JZB I followed

ZGYV Snow White

10N8D Look Chuck

10NQF Singing in

10NRY Snake in

11004 Valley View

10P83 Take it All

11008 What's For

-- Lost Patrol, optional ending.

1100G On the Border

1100Q 19th Hole

1100B Rock Candy

10JE4 Gum Drop

10N82 Jolly Rancher

10N87 Is this the end

10GKC Nope, Nothing

-end - Lost Patrol

Bring light jacket, water, flashlight, batteries, long pants and FRS radio.

These are the 30 caches I propose we visit. It comes out to about 10.75 miles. Current forecast calls for clear skies.

10DV0 The Ascent

10AKE Home is Where

10DV3 Honey & Water

10BKN W.M.M.

10AKP Mansion View

10EDC Because

10GM7 Looking For

10DTT Tennis Anyone

105FK Cul de Sac

ZF20 Tear Drop

ZGYQ Just Passing

105X1 Below McGinty

10BYJ The Hills be

ZGYR Daddy's Shortcut

10JZB I followed

ZGYV Snow White

10N8D Look Chuck

10NQF Singing in

10NRY Snake in

11004 Valley View

10P83 Take it All

11008 What's For

1100G On the Border

1100Q 19th Hole

1100B Rock Candy

10JE4 Gum Drop

10N82 Jolly Rancher

10N87 Is this the end

10GKC Nope, Nothing

-end - Lost Patrol

Yahoo! Looking forward to nabbing that puzzle :laughing: Sounds like a great hike! I am hoping to bring the older kids along.

TA

10DV0 The Ascent

10AKE Home is Where

10DV3 Honey & Water

10BKN W.M.M.

10AKP Mansion View

10EDC Because

10GM7 Looking For

10DTT Tennis Anyone

105FK Cul de Sac

ZF20 Tear Drop

ZGYQ Just Passing

105X1 Below McGinty

10BYJ The Hills be

ZGYR Daddy's Shortcut

10JZB I followed

ZGYV Snow White

10N8D Look Chuck

10NQF Singing in

10NRY Snake in

11004 Valley View

10P83 Take it All

11008 What's For

1100G On the Border

1100Q 19th Hole

1100B Rock Candy

10JE4 Gum Drop

10N82 Jolly Rancher

10N87 Is this the end

10GKC Nope, Nothing

-end - Lost Patrol

Yahoo! Looking forward to nabbing that puzzle :laughing: Sounds like a great hike! I am hoping to bring the older kids along.

TA

We are gonna try and come out for the adventure! Sounds like tons of fun! Mrs. kwver is even up for it!

I have gdb (MapSource) and kmz (Google Earth) files available upon request.

This is the route. Essentially, we go up via Farraday, come down via the Lost Patrol route to the golf course, back up via On the Border and down on Farraday again. I've confirmed we will not be walking by any no-trespassing signs - that is, my sources did not see any :laughing: . There's a Wussie Shortcut if anyone wants to skip that second climb- and skip seven caches.

f11abe15-6b14-4754-bc22-3d8aee38887e.jpg

This is the route. Essentially, we go up via Farraday, come down via the Lost Patrol route to the golf course, back up via On the Border and down on Farraday again. I've confirmed we will not be walking by any no-trespassing signs - that is, my sources did not see any :laughing: . There's a Wussie Shortcut if anyone wants to skip that second climb- and skip seven caches.

I'll take the mapsource file.. Thanks.

This is the route. Essentially, we go up via Farraday, come down via the Lost Patrol route to the golf course, back up via On the Border and down on Farraday again. I've confirmed we will not be walking by any no-trespassing signs - that is, my sources did not see any ;) . There's a Wussie Shortcut if anyone wants to skip that second climb- and skip seven caches.

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :laughing::laughing::D What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....

[snip]

Me too! I just might be able to join this McGinty expedition!

Edited by M2

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :D:laughing:;) What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....

7p'ish, or until Blonds Run Amuck arrive - they started this gig :laughing: .

Edited by Chuy!

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :D:):D What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....

7p'ish, or until Blonds Run Amuck arrive - they started this gig :D .

I may not be able to make it, so don't wait on me.

TA

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :):D:D What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....

But if you don't go, who's going to make sure everyone's solved Snow White before being allowed to sign the log book???

Oh, wait...I signed the log book before solving the puzzle...well, then, never mind!

:D:D:D

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :D:D:D What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....
7p'ish, or until Blonds Run Amuck arrive - they started this gig :) .

But if you don't go, who's going to make sure everyone's solved Snow White before being allowed to sign the log book???

Oh, wait...I signed the log book before solving the puzzle...well, then, never mind!

Pat- How late do you need me to "lag" getting there so you can make it?

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :D:D:) What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....

All who visit Snow White are welcome to sign the log. It is this way with all my puzzles. :D

TA

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :D:D:D What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....
7p'ish, or until Blonds Run Amuck arrive - they started this gig :) .

:):D:D

All who visit Snow White are welcome to sign the log. It is this way with all my puzzles. :D

TA

:D Now ya tell me!!! Duganrm drove me all the way to the backside of Ramona to grab one little squirt just so I'd be legal ! :D

:) Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

:D Yes..that's it. Not alot of caches, but the area is georgeous....fossils, mud pots, slot canyon, oyster bed, cool washes, etc etc. Look at Gecko Dad's pics.

Well, I was hoping to go out with you guys to my caches, but we're having my youngest's b-day party on that Saturday, she'll be four. I was hoping to replace my caches with ammo boxes. Anyone care to lug them out there for me?? Have fun (without me) :) ,

D!

:) Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

:D Yes..that's it. Not alot of caches, but the area is georgeous....fossils, mud pots, slot canyon, oyster bed, cool washes, etc etc. Look at Gecko Dad's pics.

Well, I was hoping to go out with you guys to my caches, but we're having my youngest's b-day party on that Saturday, she'll be four. I was hoping to replace my caches with ammo boxes. Anyone care to lug them out there for me?? Have fun (without me) :) ,

D!

:D Duncan...I will replace your caches with ammo boxes if we go. Happy Birthday to your sweet little one!!! r/ jodi

If Paul goes with his waypoints there will be a new red line when you guys are all done.. :D<_<:D What time are you heading out? I'm not sure if I can make it down there in time but just in case....

TA

I'll log it online after I solve it. This is tough one because it is hitting a bunch of areas that I'm not familiar with. Anyhow, I'm in no hurry and maybe I will eventually get it.... :D

This is the route. Essentially, we go up via Farraday, come down via the Lost Patrol route to the golf course, back up via On the Border and down on Farraday again. I've confirmed we will not be walking by any no-trespassing signs - that is, my sources did not see any :( . There's a Wussie Shortcut if anyone wants to skip that second climb- and skip seven caches.

[snip]

My plans for McGinty have been hijacked so I won't be able to make it. Next time!

This is the route. Essentially, we go up via Farraday, come down via the Lost Patrol route to the golf course, back up via On the Border and down on Farraday again. I've confirmed we will not be walking by any no-trespassing signs - that is, my sources did not see any :( . There's a Wussie Shortcut if anyone wants to skip that second climb- and skip seven caches.

[snip]

My plans for McGinty have been hijacked so I won't be able to make it. Next time!

I won't be able to make it either. Have fun.

10DV0 The Ascent

10AKE Home is Where

10DV3 Honey & Water

10BKN W.M.M.

10AKP Mansion View

10EDC Because

10GM7 Looking For

10DTT Tennis Anyone

105FK Cul de Sac

ZF20 Tear Drop

ZGYQ Just Passing

105X1 Below McGinty

10BYJ The Hills be

ZGYR Daddy's Shortcut

10JZB I followed

ZGYV Snow White

10N8D Look Chuck

10NQF Singing in

10NRY Snake in

11004 Valley View

10P83 Take it All

11008 What's For

1100G On the Border

1100Q 19th Hole

1100B Rock Candy

10JE4 Gum Drop

10N82 Jolly Rancher

10N87 Is this the end

10GKC Nope, Nothing

-end - Lost Patrol

Yahoo! Looking forward to nabbing that puzzle :P Sounds like a great hike! I am hoping to bring the older kids along.

TA

We are gonna try and come out for the adventure! Sounds like tons of fun! Mrs. kwver is even up for it!

Ooops...Mrs. kwver has a wedding shower to attend Saturday. No nighttime caching for us...

Soooo.....who "in"?? CHUY??

I have permission!! 3 rooms of carpet complete. :D

Joe

Glad to have you along....see you there. Any other takers?? Dugan?? TEAMFATMAN?? geobabes??harmon?? jollymon??....where is everyone!!?? :anibad:

I just got home from Vegas. It was my wife's birthday yesterday, so Thanks for the invite,hope ya had fun.

Domelands:

23ddedb7-ea22-40fa-a70d-46c10812acc5.jpg

2eae70ac-4d7c-4dc9-9a0b-42c072c5ed3f.jpg

So are we gonna do Domelands next Saturday, March 10th? If so, how about meeting at Lake Jennings P&R at around 8:30-9AM? That will allow me to get up, eat some breakfast and head down there at around 7:30AM. :anibad:

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :anibad:

Keep us posted if plans change.

Domelands:

23ddedb7-ea22-40fa-a70d-46c10812acc5.jpg

2eae70ac-4d7c-4dc9-9a0b-42c072c5ed3f.jpg

So are we gonna do Domelands next Saturday, March 10th? If so, how about meeting at Lake Jennings P&R at around 8:30-9AM? That will allow me to get up, eat some breakfast and head down there at around 7:30AM. :blink:

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :blink:

I'd like to tag along if you guys don't mind. I'm just curious what kind of distances are you guys talking about on the hikes? Also can you bring dogs there?

-Mark

Domelands <snip>

So are we gonna do Domelands next Saturday, March 10th? If so, how about meeting at Lake Jennings P&R at around 8:30-9AM? That will allow me to get up, eat some breakfast and head down there at around 7:30AM. :blink:

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :blink:

I'd like to tag along if you guys don't mind. I'm just curious what kind of distances are you guys talking about on the hikes? Also can you bring dogs there?

-Mark

We post here to open this up for whoever wants to go. I think this is an 8 mile roundtrip hike but is fairly flat. Good thing because it is supposed to be in the 90s in the desert this weekend. Dogs are allowed but remember that the rattlesnakes are out now. Bring lots of water! It's better to have too much than too little. Edited by TrailGators
Domelands <snip>

-Mark

We post here to open this up for whoever wants to go. I think this is an 8 mile roundtrip hike but is fairly flat. Good thing because it is supposed to be in the 90s in the desert this weekend. Dogs are allowed but remember that the rattlesnakes are out now. Bring lots of water! It's better to have too much than too little.

:lol::blink: Everyone is welcome. It's about 8 miles...but not flat as Pat says. There are a few hills. I can't remember what kind of drop offs are in the slot canyon. Will your dog let you pick her up if necessary? I'll look for some pictures and forward to you. PCWoody gave me the tracks so I can give them to you also. We will probably meet off I-8 at Los Coches Sat am. The time is still up in the air...depending who is going. If Pat can go we'll let him choose the time since he's coming from North County.

Domelands <snip>

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :lol:

-Mark

We post here to open this up for whoever wants to go. I think this is an 8 mile roundtrip hike but is fairly flat. Good thing because it is supposed to be in the 90s in the desert this weekend. Dogs are allowed but remember that the rattlesnakes are out now. Bring lots of water! It's better to have too much than too little.

:blink::blink: Everyone is welcome. It's about 8 miles...but not flat as Pat says. There are a few hills. I can't remember what kind of drop offs are in the slot canyon. Will your dog let you pick her up if necessary? I'll look for some pictures and forward to you. PCWoody gave me the tracks so I can give them to you also. We will probably meet off I-8 at Los Coches Sat am. The time is still up in the air...depending who is going. If Pat can go we'll let him choose the time since he's coming from North County.

I plan on going. Do you have coords of the meeting spot? I've never met there before. I would like to meet around 9AM if that's OK since it's a long drive just to where I think that Los Coches might be. Also how hilly is it? It is going to be 94 that day. 94 degrees means I will be going slower. :lol:
Domelands <snip>

-Mark

:lol::blink: Everyone is welcome. It's about 8 miles...but not flat as Pat says. There are a few hills. I can't remember what kind of drop offs are in the slot canyon. Will your dog let you pick her up if necessary? I'll look for some pictures and forward to you. PCWoody gave me the tracks so I can give them to you also. We will probably meet off I-8 at Los Coches Sat am. The time is still up in the air...depending who is going. If Pat can go we'll let him choose the time since he's coming from North County.

I plan on going. Do you have coords of the meeting spot? I've never met there before. I would like to meet around 9AM if that's OK since it's a long drive just to where I think that Los Coches might be. Also how hilly is it? It is going to be 94 that day. 94 degrees means I will be going slower. :lol:

:cry: I sent the topo to you Pat. I don't know how to post it here so you have it in your gmail inbox. Looks like 800 foot elevation gain.

r/ jodi

I plan on going. Do you have coords of the meeting spot? I've never met there before. I would like to meet around 9AM if that's OK since it's a long drive just to where I think that Los Coches might be. Also how hilly is it? It is going to be 94 that day. 94 degrees means I will be going slower. :D

:D I sent the topo to you Pat. I don't know how to post it here so you have it in your gmail inbox. Looks like 800 foot elevation gain.

r/ jodi

Duncan! appears to have clear directions in both his caches at the domelands, Religious Rock and Journey to Domelands.

Thanks Chuy for being our night guide on McGinty. We had a great moonlite hike and all 30 caches!! I have some logging to do!!

Does anyone know the history behind the "mansion" out there?

I don't know about the history, but I can find out who owns it tomorrow at work.

The Mansion is on a 46 acre parcel which is owned by Davis Ha and Kim T. Pham Husband and Wife as Joint tenants.

Obviously it is unoccupied though.

Domelands <snip>

So are we gonna do Domelands next Saturday, March 10th? If so, how about meeting at Lake Jennings P&R at around 8:30-9AM? That will allow me to get up, eat some breakfast and head down there at around 7:30AM. :D

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :D

-Mark

:D:D Everyone is welcome. It's about 8 miles...but not flat as Pat says. There are a few hills. I can't remember what kind of drop offs are in the slot canyon. Will your dog let you pick her up if necessary? I'll look for some pictures and forward to you. PCWoody gave me the tracks so I can give them to you also. We will probably meet off I-8 at Los Coches Sat am. The time is still up in the air...depending who is going. If Pat can go we'll let him choose the time since he's coming from North County.

I plan on going. Do you have coords of the meeting spot? I've never met there before. I would like to meet around 9AM if that's OK since it's a long drive just to where I think that Los Coches might be. Also how hilly is it? It is going to be 94 that day. 94 degrees means I will be going slower. :D

Easy to locate! Bagging "A Blockbuster View" (GCGE66) will take you right to the Park n' Ride on Los Coches road. Exit Los Coches Rd from I-8 just east of El Cajon, right at the bottom of the ramp on Los Coches, quick left on Camino Canada, find cache, log it, and then just stand there until the rest of the group pulls up and parks next to you :)

Edited by M2
Thanks Chuy for being our night guide on McGinty. We had a great moonlite hike and all 30 caches!! I have some logging to do!!

Does anyone know the history behind the "mansion" out there?

I don't know about the history, but I can find out who owns it tomorrow at work.

The Mansion is on a 46 acre parcel which is owned by Davis Ha and Kim T. Pham Husband and Wife as Joint tenants.

Obviously it is unoccupied though.

Thanks for the info...inquiring minds want to know!! :D

Domelands <snip>

So are we gonna do Domelands next Saturday, March 10th? If so, how about meeting at Lake Jennings P&R at around 8:30-9AM? That will allow me to get up, eat some breakfast and head down there at around 7:30AM. :P

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :o

-Mark

:):P Everyone is welcome. It's about 8 miles...but not flat as Pat says. There are a few hills. I can't remember what kind of drop offs are in the slot canyon. Will your dog let you pick her up if necessary? I'll look for some pictures and forward to you. PCWoody gave me the tracks so I can give them to you also. We will probably meet off I-8 at Los Coches Sat am. The time is still up in the air...depending who is going. If Pat can go we'll let him choose the time since he's coming from North County.

I plan on going. Do you have coords of the meeting spot? I've never met there before. I would like to meet around 9AM if that's OK since it's a long drive just to where I think that Los Coches might be. Also how hilly is it? It is going to be 94 that day. 94 degrees means I will be going slower. :P

Easy to locate! Bagging "A Blockbuster View" (GCGE66) will take you right to the Park n' Ride on Los Coches road. Exit Los Coches Rd from I-8 just east of El Cajon, right at the bottom of the ramp on Los Coches, quick left on Camino Canada, find cache, log it, and then just stand there until the rest of the group pulls up and parks next to you :)

B):D Thanks M2. There you have it. We'll meet at 0830 on Saturday 10 March 2007. Bring lots of water, a hat, a stick, sunscreen and your camera. Let us know if you're coming so we'll wait for you. r/ jodi

Domelands <snip>

So are we gonna do Domelands next Saturday, March 10th? If so, how about meeting at Lake Jennings P&R at around 8:30-9AM? That will allow me to get up, eat some breakfast and head down there at around 7:30AM. :P

We are planning on joining you(we don't need permission...only someone to bring a map!!) :o

-Mark

:):P Everyone is welcome. It's about 8 miles...but not flat as Pat says. There are a few hills. I can't remember what kind of drop offs are in the slot canyon. Will your dog let you pick her up if necessary? I'll look for some pictures and forward to you. PCWoody gave me the tracks so I can give them to you also. We will probably meet off I-8 at Los Coches Sat am. The time is still up in the air...depending who is going. If Pat can go we'll let him choose the time since he's coming from North County.

I plan on going. Do you have coords of the meeting spot? I've never met there before. I would like to meet around 9AM if that's OK since it's a long drive just to where I think that Los Coches might be. Also how hilly is it? It is going to be 94 that day. 94 degrees means I will be going slower. :P

B):D Thanks M2. There you have it. We'll meet at 0830 on Saturday 10 March 2007. Bring lots of water, a hat, a stick, sunscreen and your camera. Let us know if you're coming so we'll wait for you. r/ jodi

Yes, thanks M2. I'll be there at 8:30 J&J. I'm very appreciative that it wasn't earlier than that! B)
Yes, thanks M2. I'll be there at 8:30 J&J. I'm very appreciative that it wasn't earlier than that! :P

How long would this take? I am trying to multi-task. :o

It looks like it will be at least an hour drive to get to Domelands from P&R. Then it should take about 5 hours to do the hike and mess around. So my guess is that we would finish the hike around 3PMish. If some North County people want to carpool with me, then I may head up the S2 to go back home.
Yes, thanks M2. I'll be there at 8:30 J&J. I'm very appreciative that it wasn't earlier than that! :P

How long would this take? I am trying to multi-task. :lol:

Any one going early for breakfast at Dennys ??????

I may be able to go. If I do, I want to meet for breakfast! :P I am trying to confirm what is going on this weekend. I may have to watch Ivy, which means we can still meet for breakfast, just not do the hike. Mrs Adelos may go horseback ridding. B)

TA