San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread. Does anyone still use this thread anymore?

Hey, where y' been big guy?

Truth is that FaceBook has destroyed the Forum threads.

So it goes ... and the written language is going down

the pooper with them.

Too soon it will be "Back when I was a boy there were

things we called sentences, paragraphs, letters, and

books."

Roman Empire ... all over again.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Hi Harmon,

I haven't been caching as much to do other things like spending more time with my non-caching family. I recently took my daughter on a couple of hikes. It was great to get out again! It looks like you have a nice new hike up in the Cuyamacas! I guess they must have recently changed the cache rules in the Cuyamacas. That hike is on my short list! I'll try my luck at FB to see if anyone is game...

In case, someone does check this thread, it looks like there are 3 hikes in the Cuyamacas:

Cuyamaca Peak Loop: 10.4 miles with 2000' of vertical

Cuyamaca West Mesa Loop: 7.3 miles

South Boundary Fire Road: 8.6 miles

Edited by TrailGators

It's been a long time since I posted in this thread. Does anyone still use this thread anymore?

Hey, where y' been big guy?

Truth is that FaceBook has destroyed the Forum threads.

So it goes ... and the written language is going down

the pooper with them.

Too soon it will be "Back when I was a boy there were

things we called sentences, paragraphs, letters, and

books."

Roman Empire ... all over again.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

What is this Bookface of which you speak?

Haven't posted in ages. Going caching up at Cuyamaca tomorrow, April 22nd, anyone have any interest in joining me. Between 8-10 miles would be fine with me. I need caches pretty much every where in cuyamaca so don't have a specific location in mind.

Where is Miragee when you need her

Haven't posted in ages. Going caching up at Cuyamaca tomorrow, April 22nd, anyone have any interest in joining me. Between 8-10 miles would be fine with me. I need caches pretty much every where in cuyamaca so don't have a specific location in mind.

Where is Miragee when you need her

Must have been me because it couldn't have been the area. Have an offer from some really nice folks.

Hey all sd geocachers! I have an event called "Darnall Family Sports Night" coming up next week Thursday May 24th from 5:30 - 7:30

I've decided to sneak in a geocaching booth at the event. Thanks to Habu! (he rocks) I have a layout of the course and gps's for parents to check out. I need geocachers to help run the booth and or help parents/students with the gps units.

It will be a very fun night at my school, good food, dunk tank (for teachers), obstacle course and a Geocaching course. I know it's last minute being a week away. I'm hoping to have 5 - 10 geocaching volunteers! Thank you so much in advance.

If you can volunteer please call me @ 619-840-7765 Also, if someone has a geocaching banner that I could borrow that would be great.

My school address (where the event will take place):

Lemon Grove area

6020 Hughes Street

San Diego, Ca.

Just a reminder that the La Mesa Centennial Amazing Geocache Challenge begins Saturday June 2nd with the Flag Day Parade!! There will be a Travel Bug going down the parade route on the Flood Masters truck. You can read about the parade here: http://cityoflamesa100.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=13

Stop by the Centennial booth at the Parade and pick up a postcard about the challenge and meet some fellow cachers.

You can read about the challenge here: http://cityoflamesa100.com/index.aspx?nid=107

We will be hosting another Geocaching 101 class at 11 am on July 21st at the La Mesa Library. It will be similar to our May class with some minor updates. We are also hoping to hold one last class at the end of the summer in a La Mesa park.

Come out this summer and help La Mesa celebrate turning 100!