San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Sounds like you're gunna need some sort of yacht. If I can get Marko to bring one of his submarines, can I join you?

Of course YOU can join us! We can't say NO to the American Flag, that'd be ... just all wrong, if ya ask me.

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :laughing: Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

I would like to come also and if you need YODA count him in. :blink::blink:

Cool, now we have enough people to form a human-chain

from streetside to the cache container.

Group20of201020on20the20Beach20-20C.jpg

cg6cp.gif

Now remember guys, don't forget who's challenge this

started out to be ... so ladies first into the canyon.

Note to Self: Self, are y' sure the ladies don't know that trick?

Hmmm....This sounds intriguing!! Is there room for another crazy participant?? :blink:

You can take my place. Unfortunately, I will be fighting for my life in a different venue -- the SRHS at Lincoln football game... :angry: Maybe you can bring some FlagSwag down to distribute to the survivors...

It has not escaped us that this narrow canyon may provide an opportunity for ambush, so to prevent any such attempt we have enlisted the support of the Bloodsport Paintball Team to provide tactical support for this venture, be warned they have been authorized to use "extreme prejudice" in protecting the cache event team. If you plan nefarious events, this group will have you in their sites, you may not see them, but they see you, and rarely miss. Be warned.

It has not escaped us that this narrow canyon may provide an opportunity for ambush, so to prevent any such attempt we have enlisted the support of the Bloodsport Paintball Team to provide tactical support for this venture, be warned they have been authorized to use "extreme prejudice" in protecting the cache event team. If you plan nefarious events, this group will have you in their sites, you may not see them, but they see you, and rarely miss. Be warned.

Like I said before ... ladies first.

For anyone interested, a new series will be published on Saturday, October 31st with 41 caches. The series has nothing to do with Halloween, but costumes are welcome. :D If FTF’s are your goal, plan on being up early. Each cache will be bookmarked for a quick PQ. Bring your bike - and a pen - for mostly flat terrain. (Tweezers may be helpful, too….sorry. :rolleyes: ) I’ll be waiting at the end with coffee, etc. for you early birds. Hope to see you Saturday!!

For anyone interested, a new series will be published on Saturday, October 31st with 41 caches. The series has nothing to do with Halloween, but costumes are welcome. :D If FTF’s are your goal, plan on being up early. Each cache will be bookmarked for a quick PQ. Bring your bike - and a pen - for mostly flat terrain. (Tweezers may be helpful, too….sorry. :rolleyes: ) I’ll be waiting at the end with coffee, etc. for you early birds. Hope to see you Saturday!!

"Mostly flat," that phrase appears in the "Geocaching Keywords & Phrases to Fear" publication.

regarding Szar Foyo GC1BNZF

July 13,2008...Still remember the day that this cache was last found. I put out a challenge to a few brave souls. They know who they are...The challenge is this...If the group finds this cache in the dark we will have an event in their honor..Pictures are required along with a picture of the log just for the therapy that they will need after they complete this challenge. I am beginning to recover nicely but Halftrack Guy went and joined the Army. He figured that if he could survive this cache ..He could do anything! If you want to be in the group contact The Fat Cats or Boysnbarrie....Personally...I would never do this cache in the dark but when some women make up their minds that they can do the impossibe...Well,who am I to say they can't...

For those that attend and do survive the short trek...

SmackBack.jpg

24 tokens made, so should more than that show up for some reason, we may have to insure some cachers remain at the cache! Also has a reverse side.

July 13,2008...Still remember the day that this cache was last found. I put out a challenge to a few brave souls. They know who they are...The challenge is this...If the group finds this cache in the dark we will have an event in their honor..Pictures are required along with a picture of the log just for the therapy that they will need after they complete this challenge. I am beginning to recover nicely but Halftrack Guy went and joined the Army. He figured that if he could survive this cache ..He could do anything! If you want to be in the group contact The Fat Cats or Boysnbarrie....Personally...I would never do this cache in the dark but when some women make up their minds that they can do the impossibe...Well,who am I to say they can't...

SmackBack.jpg

24 tokens made, so should more than that show up for some reason, we may have to insure some cachers remain at the cache! Also has a reverse side.

sure would like to get one of those coins....To all who plan to attend..remember..Dream The Impossible...There comes a time when all face defeat...We hope nobody gets hurt...Glad this will be a team effort...We are so looking forward to reading the logs regarding this cache..Win or lose..We are proud of all of you for trying...For those who don't make it to the bottom,,,I have been there..Have needed help on several occassions...you did the best you could...enjoy

SmackBack.jpg

sure would like to get one of those coins....To all who plan to attend..remember..Dream The Impossible...There comes a time when all face defeat...We hope nobody gets hurt...Glad this will be a team effort...We are so looking forward to reading the logs regarding this cache..Win or lose..We are proud of all of you for trying...For those who don't make it to the bottom,,,I have been there..Have needed help on several occassions...you did the best you could...enjoy

Pshawwwwwwww!

Win or Loose? I don't believe anybody in the group even knew what the meaning of that second word is! Nothing is unconquerable with the right mind-set. Photos to follow.

Oh and also...

Not a One of Us was Gonna Die!

P.S. P.S. all the extra tokens may or may not have been left in the cache container. You may just have to go for a second trip and see, I can't remember what I did with the extras????

Edited by CTYankee9

<center>

SmackBack.jpgWWE_SmackDown_2009_logo.pngSmackFront.jpg

SMACK-DOWNED!

Let's just say it was an adventurous night for all involved and in the span of less than 90 minutes all those that went for the trek can proudly say "Veni, Vidi, VICI"!

A Pictoral:

P1010004.jpg

Waiting for dark

P10100052.jpg

1st to arrive at GZ

P10100132.jpg

All were in good spirits

P10100153.jpg

Proud Dad!

P10100163.jpg

The Hostess

P10100234.jpg

The select few!

<center>

SmackBack.jpgWWE_SmackDown_2009_logo.pngSmackFront.jpg

SMACK-DOWNED!

Let's just say it was an adventurous night for all involved and in the span of less than 90 minutes all those that went for the trek can proudly say "Veni, Vidi, VICI"!

A Pictoral:

P1010004.jpg

Waiting for dark

P10100052.jpg

1st to arrive at GZ

P10100132.jpg

All were in good spirits

P10100153.jpg

Proud Dad!

P10100163.jpg

The Hostess

P10100234.jpg

The select few!

A grand night out for a bunch of gamers. Laughter all the way

and everybody had the container in hand. Posted a few more

shots on the San Diego Geocacher Photos site at -

SD Rowdies Album

Make sure to click the thumbnails for a larger image and look for the resizing option.

Keep in miind as you view the photos that the undergrowth you

see isn't branches nor twigs, them're roots y'r lookin' at!

BEWARE! here's what being munched into the Szar Fôyô

Chamber of Horrors at 7:15 pm can do to you.

8303c862-e770-4dea-a23c-f7dd24096fcf.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

14b00796-b3bb-4178-aa9d-7d38df6e7402.jpg

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Could have swore I was hanging from that limb in the top of the frame in the original!

Leave it to Harmon to keep all photoshopped pictures serious and professional. :(

Yeah, you mean professional like "The "Scream" shot above.

Truth is that I forgot to erase your left arm and glove. As it

is it brings to mind a certain "gesture" that I won't mention.

Say! ain't that a great bunch of Geocachers?

You just can't beat watching other people suffer. The really

odd thing is that they are smiling in the photo What's up

with that?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Could have swore I was hanging from that limb in the top of the frame in the original!

Leave it to Harmon to keep all photoshopped pictures serious and professional. :(

Yeah, you mean professional like "The "Scream" shot above.

Truth is that I forgot to erase your left arm and glove. As it

is it brings to mind a certain "gesture" that I won't mention.

Say! ain't that a great bunch of Geocachers?

You just can't beat watching other people suffer. The really

odd thing is that they are smiling in the photo What's up

with that?

Great Job!!! We knew you could do it!

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Yeah, I know what you mean Ian. I thought some of us had Halloween costumes on, and one of us was wearing a kilt! Hmmm.

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Leave it to Harmon to keep all photoshopped pictures serious and professional. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know what you mean Ian. I thought some of us had Halloween costumes on, and one of us was wearing a kilt! Hmmm.

And in I think he made the place look scary, I sortof remember some nice paintings on the walls and furniture in that room

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Leave it to Harmon to keep all photoshopped pictures serious and professional. :rolleyes:

And in I think he made the place look scary, I sortof remember some nice paintings on the walls and furniture in that room

Scary huh?

Druid%20Chamber%20of%20Horrors%20FlagMan.jpg

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Leave it to Harmon to keep all photoshopped pictures serious and professional. :P

Scary huh?

Yikes!!! The Creature From The Pasty White Lagoon!!! Send that man to a tanning booth!!! :rolleyes:

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Leave it to Harmon to keep all photoshopped pictures serious and professional. :P

Scary huh?

Yikes!!! The Creature From The Pasty White Lagoon!!! Send that man to a tanning booth!!! :rolleyes:

You light up our life ....

Note to Self: Self, that'll learn him to be a no-show.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Entire Szar Fôyô group!

Scary huh?

You light up our life ....

Note to Self: Self, that'll learn him to be a no-show.

Wow! I just received my invitation to the Szar Fôyô

reunion event. Can't believe that Kwvers would go

all-out for our party like that. Looking forward to

seeing my subterranean pals once again. Woo-hoo!

Thanks Kwvers, youda man!

Edited by SD Rowdies

sad.gif

INVITATION? You got an invitation? (checks her email) Hmmm, I'm sure it's in there somewhere. (checks her email, again) Ohhh dear ...

Is this some kind of a B) VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :) and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

WOAH! I SURE HOPE THERE'S A COORD CHECKER?

sad.gif

INVITATION? You got an invitation? (checks her email) Hmmm, I'm sure it's in there somewhere. (checks her email, again) Ohhh dear ...

Is this some kind of a B) VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :) and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

Barrie,

I'm so sorry that Kwvers didn't invite you. I have no idea

what their social criteria is for the event. Gosh, from my

point of view you're an o.k. gal, especially when crawling

around through bushes and into deep ditches.

Are you shore that you should be livin' in south county?

Y'all seem more like an east-county gal t' me. One thang

f'r shore, any ol' gal that crawls around in th' dirt, drives

a big ol' yaller school bus, and bakes delicious PUD cake

and cinnamon buns should be livin' in one of th' redneck

tri-cities.

Looks like crashin' the Szar Fôyô event party is your only

option. You know how it is for Geocachers that are closin'

in on twenty-thousand finds, they start bein' p'ticular 'bout

who (whom?) they hang around with.

By th' way, with this ugly turn of events y' might be smart

t' verify yore invitation for a place to stay during th' camp-

out event. Y' can't be too careful when thangs turn ugly

like this.

With te'rs in m' eyes f'r you,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

sad.gif

Is this some kind of a :) VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :) and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

Barrie,

tri-cities.

like this.

Harmon

Gosh, we checked our email, too, and NO invitation for us either! B) Hey, Harmon, can you cry a tear for us, too, please?

sad.gif

Is this some kind of a :) VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :) and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

Barrie,

tri-cities.

like this.

Harmon

Gosh, we checked our email, too, and NO invitation for us either! B) Hey, Harmon, can you cry a tear for us, too, please?

At one time people used to post a date, time, meeting coords and a cache map for these caching events. I guess those days are long gone.... :)

B)

sad.gif

Is this some kind of a :) VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :ph34r: and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

:)Huh? :) And to think I actually let Jim sit in John's LazyBoy..and this is the thanks I get?

Campout this weekend everyone see ya all there.

Desert Ironwood Motel is also having a big party for every one to enjoy.

8db3eeb7-7503-459c-99f6-8df01d9fc1d4.jpg

Music may not be the Kind I like but what the heck it's free.

000203C9.gif

Maybe we can get FATTBOY to dance for us. 000201E8.gif

Edited by SKILLET

sad.gif

Barrie,

tri-cities.

like this.

Harmon

You bet I will ... and I'll put the right CD into my player ...

"Lyin' on My Back with Tears in My Ears and Cryin' Over You Blues."

Edited by SD Rowdies

option......

Would Kwvers really think that someone who made that cache at night would have any qualms about crashing an event? I think maybe he heard about the free medical exams associated with this group and is worried they are non-voluntary. Perhaps some assurance is needed.

option......

Would Kwvers really think that someone who made that cache at night would have any qualms about crashing an event? I think maybe he heard about the free medical exams associated with this group and is worried they are non-voluntary. Perhaps some assurance is needed.

"Non-voluntary" huh? Right there is th' 'hole thang in a nutshell.

I wuz crawlin' along minding nobody's bidness but my own when

all of a sudden Barrie was askin' me for my Kaiser card.

I've heard of bedside manner butt gully-side manner is another

thang entirely, know what I'm sayin'?

Barrie darlin', you got that lovin' touch!

Edited by SD Rowdies

option......

"Non-voluntary" huh? Right there is th' 'hole thang in a nutshell.

I wuz crawlin' along minding nobody's bidness but my own when

all of a sudden Barrie was askin' me for my Kaiser card.

I've heard of bedside manner butt gully-side manner is another

thang entirely, know what I'm sayin'?

Barrie darlin', you got that lovin' touch!

Hey, listen! I don't play doctor with just any ol' geezer!24ydds6.gif

I'm selective. B)

boysnbarrie

I'll be heading out to the Desert Event early tomorrow (Friday) morning, and my plan is to do the Journey To Domelands and nearby caches. I would love some company if anyone else would like to join me on this incredible hike...

Sorry to miss this one, we will be going down the other way, and towing a trailer.

04ab1213-2fdb-40d9-9381-95a3e5a8d35d.jpg

oh yes, John's chair...Harmon is yankin your chains...unless Mrs.kwver is up to something...I've been out of town all week ...still wondering where to have our special event..Still waiting for all finders of Szar Foyo to posrt their find...I still can't believe they did it in the dark...amazing

I was just looking at a post from a recent;y solved puzzle called

In you Face. The cache is in Santa Barbara...A challenge was made to the San Diego cachers! This is how it reads...

November 3 by holazola (683 found)

Oh you crazy San Diegans! I dare you to come solve ALL the Goleta / Santa Barbara Puzzles & make a roadtrip! Check 'em out...

So, I guess I'm gonna need to check um out...Wonder how many and how many days it will take..All inquires welcome.

I was just looking at a post from a recent;y solved puzzle called

In you Face. The cache is in Santa Barbara...A challenge was made to the San Diego cachers! This is how it reads...

November 3 by holazola (683 found)

Oh you crazy San Diegans! I dare you to come solve ALL the Goleta / Santa Barbara Puzzles & make a roadtrip! Check 'em out...

So, I guess I'm gonna need to check um out...Wonder how many and how many days it will take..All inquires welcome.

I did a quick queries for the Goleta area within a 20 mile radius and only came up with 35 puzzles, Have e-mailed the challenger and requested an official querie for the challenge...

;)

sad.gif

Is this some kind of a :anibad: VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :blink: and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

:rolleyes:Huh? :ph34r: And to think I actually let Jim sit in John's LazyBoy..and this is the thanks I get?

Hey Harmon!!!! Thanks for attending our special event for the Szar Foyo smackdown! Sure wish everyone else would have attended...The view and food was excellent! As a consolation to those who missed the grand gala, I'm thinking about having an event at either Peter Piper Pizza or Chucky Cheese...What do ya think?

;)

sad.gif

Is this some kind of a :anibad: VIRTUAL MULTI PUZZLE INVITATION :blink: and I'm s'posed ta FIND IT, solve it, get the coords, and hope I did it right?

:rolleyes:Huh? :ph34r: And to think I actually let Jim sit in John's LazyBoy..and this is the thanks I get?

Hey Harmon!!!! Thanks for attending our special event for the Szar Foyo smackdown! Sure wish everyone else would have attended...The view and food was excellent! As a consolation to those who missed the grand gala, I'm thinking about having an event at either Peter Piper Pizza or Chucky Cheese...What do ya think?

Hot dang, you shore know how to put on a party.

The food was excellent and of course I was happy

to win all of the expensive door prizes seein' as

how I was th' only invited guest. After all these

many years of being ignored my GeoShip finally

came in ... thank y' very much.

As far as a consolation party for th' rest of 'em is

concerned, ... th' last time I had a look at 'em I'm

thinkin' you should take 'em down to the San Diego

Rescue Mission for a plate. Seriously, you've never

seen such a rag-tag bunch of street people ... not

sure it would be possible to scrub 'em up. Seriously,

who would want to sit across th' table from a bunch

of people with roots and leaves stickin' out of their

hair and skivey-shorts? Must be what th' word

"needy" was invented for.

Mercy me, what has San Diego Geocaching come to?

Shoot, once upon a time Geocachers knew how t'

dress properly for an outing.

2f8d3fd3-738c-43f7-881f-f83a04457db6.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
Seriously, you've never

Some of them don't even bunch their socks properly...

Seriously, you've never

Some of them don't even bunch their socks properly...

James,

Here's th' thang ... I didn't want to be seen as a person that hits

below the belt. Luckily you came along and expresssed what was

called for.

Have you ever considered a career with the San Diego County

Unbunched Sock Police? You seem suited for the work and I can

put in a good word for you when the SDCUSP Class of 2010 is

recruited.

Maybe you can work up to being director of the SDCUSP Catpipe

Band. If so then you'll get to wear a kilt and all of them other odd

thangs that hang down below y'r knees.

Let me know,