San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Not many folks from San Diego posting Will Attends here...

Big Bear Geocaching Event

I think I'll be there...

I think this sounds like a great time! I s'pose I could drive up (in my :huh: new geo-mobile) after I get off work friday afternoon ... yeah, I could rough it if there's one a them thar Holiday Inn campgrounds nearby. Otherwise, I might be up for a day trip.

:laughing: Grrr....John will be at sea and I have to fly to St louis on Sunday...hey but maybe I'll go for just a day trip. How many hour drive is it?

I think I'll be there...

I think this sounds like a great time! I s'pose I could drive up (in my :huh: new geo-mobile) after I get off work friday afternoon ... yeah, I could rough it if there's one a them thar Holiday Inn campgrounds nearby. Otherwise, I might be up for a day trip.

:yikes: Grrr....John will be at sea and I have to fly to St louis on Sunday...hey but maybe I'll go for just a day trip. How many hour drive is it?

From Alpine, about 3 hours...

Good to see that we'll have company up there!!! :laughing:

I think I'll be there...

:yikes: Grrr....John will be at sea and I have to fly to St louis on Sunday...hey but maybe I'll go for just a day trip. How many hour drive is it?

From Alpine, about 3 hours...

Good to see that we'll have company up there!!! :laughing:

It's about 3 hours from the Southland too! Let me know if you wanna ride, Jodi.

Edited by boysnbarrie

Would anyone be interested in doing a group run around the San Elijo Hills (near San Marcos)? I went up there a few days ago with my son but was put off by the new-looking sign warning about recent mountain lion sightings. I thought maybe we'd feel a little safer in a group! I see a bunch of people have been running around up there finding these caches, but I'd rather not run into a mountain lion alone! :P I haven't been able to find any more detailed info on the sighting - so maybe it's just an echo of the various sightings from the past couple of years. Any info on that sighting from someone who lives nearby would be appreciated as well!

I live in SEH and cache/hike around these hills alone all the time. That doesn't make it safe, just says a little about maybe my naivete! Anyway, I believe the signs are recent in the last some months as there was a sighting around Lake San Marcos, the lake/neighborhood area that's just on the downside of the microwave tower hill. It wasn't a big news event, and it's the second sighting event. Last year (or two ago) there was another sighting in the Cal State San Marcos campus area. No one has been attacked and no pets taken as meals (except for the coyotes occasionally). But needless to say, in spite of having cell phone, electric zapper, pepper spray with me, it may be better sense to not be alone after all.

Going out to Bear Valley Loop on Monday 9-14 at or about 05:30 for a cache, but mainly to test-out my truck again after some fixes. Would have room for one person if anyone is interested in going along and doesn't normally have access to these 4x4 caches. Would be willing to pick you up at the Rancho SD mall near the intersection of the 94 and Jamacha. Drive-ups only, not really intertested in hiking to the summits just yet, still way too hot!

Must not be allergic to dogs nor mind riding with one.

IMG00001-20090901-0632.jpg

IMG00002-20090901-0633.jpg

IMG00007-20090901-1032.jpg

Edited by CTYankee9
Going out to Bear Valley Loop on Monday 9-14 at or about 05:30 for a cache, but mainly to test-out my truck again after some fixes. Would have room for one person if anyone is interested in going along and doesn't normally have access to these 4x4 caches. Would be willing to pick you up at the Rancho SD mall near the intersection of the 94 and Jamacha. Drive-ups only, not really intertested in hiking to the summits just yet, still way too hot!

Nice looking rig, If I wasn't on call for my work YODA and me would be happy to go,maybe next time.

Have fun. :PB)

Monday? How about Sunday AM? But, I am interested in one of the summit caches - if foliage permits.

Monday? How about Sunday AM? But, I am interested in one of the summit caches - if foliage permits.

Ummm, bit late :) I work the midnight shift and don't get home til 10ish on Sunday mornings. But when I was out there the route to the Long Valley Peak Cache looked extremely clear! Didn't think to look at the way to Buckman Mountain though :laughing:

Edited by CTYankee9

0002011F.gifMeh, sorry going to have to postpone this as my radiator seems to need replacing. I thought I asked someone to smooth-out those roads a little bit on the Bear Valley Loop in my absence!

{Cracked the plastic end-cap resorvoir during my last bounce-fest, repairs to be done 1st thing Monday morning.000202C4.gif}

Edited by CTYankee9

If anyone is interested, I am going to hike from GC1PG1K to GC1TKV2, on Monday the 28th of September. Start time will be about 6AM and can meet down near starting cache. Looks to be about a 7 mile'ish hike with a bit of elevation gain of about 2000 feet by reading past logs and looking at the maps. Not a killer hike, but a slow and steady one, get done when we get done and enjoy the ride.

11:37pm now and I'm thinking about doing another night time cache run..Have loaded over 400 1 1/2 terrain caches within 100 miles from home coords in Chula Vista< I need to stay up all night so I can sleep tommorow before my drive to Illinois..Anybody want to cache all night at this dark hour? I'll be watching e-mail for 15 minutes...

For those of you who come out to the 7th annual Campout. CTYankee9 made this cool Geo tokens, everyone will get one. BUT Those that Donate something or enter in the Chili cook-off or dessert competition will get a special one

Front98ed45f2-1a18-4049-a332-fcf1ab43845c.jpg

Back ea4faf05-980b-4868-b787-d3ef313a6263.jpg

Like I said those special folks will get a special Geo Token

0002043F.gif So cook that Chili or Dessert and come on out.

Correct I have agreed to make a plastic poker chip token for this year's event using the design above!

Along those lines, those that are familiar with the poker chip that I leave behind as a signature item with the leprechaun on one side and the compass rose/flag of Northern Ireland on the other has been accepted by one of the coin production companies for their "presale" program. So that personal sig item will hopefully be coming to an actual trackable geocoin in the near future once I work-out the final design and cost to me to produce it. Hopefully enough of the local cachers/coin collectors will find it interesting enough to purchase for those that have seen the poker chip version of it.

Edited by CTYankee9

If anyone is interested, I will be hiking the Barber Road trail, just off of Honey Springs Road this Tuesday morning the 20th. I like to start at o-dark-30, but am willing to start a bit later. Will start at GC1EPHB go out to GC1F1Q2 and come back along the same route. Looks to be a total of about 8 miles, but I may drop a cache, if I can find someplace nice. So add a mile or so maybe.

Also if anyone feels any of their caches out there might need maintenance, let me know ahead a time.

regarding Szar Foyo GC1BNZF

July 13,2008...Still remember the day that this cache was last found. I put out a challenge to a few brave souls. They know who they are...The challenge is this...If the group finds this cache in the dark we will have an event in their honor..Pictures are required along with a picture of the log just for the therapy that they will need after they complete this challenge. I am beginning to recover nicely but Halftrack Guy went and joined the Army. He figured that if he could survive this cache ..He could do anything! If you want to be in the group contact The Fat Cats or Boysnbarrie....Personally...I would never do this cache in the dark but when some women make up their minds that they can do the impossibe...Well,who am I to say they can't...

... The Fat Cats or Boysnbarrie ... I would never do this cache

in the dark but when some women make up their minds that

they can do the impossibe, well, who am I to say they can't?

Good gosh, I just finished training those little girls to pick on me

and now you're encouraging them to take on an MI night-mission.

Think about what you're doing ... potential loss of a source of

PUD cake for cryin' out loud! Even the namby-pamby cinnamon

bun crowd will understand this danger. ... still vetting The Fat

Cats gal, more on her as time goes on.

O well, at least I've got my regular double-teaming pair of gal

pals, Splashette and Jahoadi to do the pickin'. Fact is that Jodi

does turn out a delicious PUD cake. Don't know about Janie and

PUD cake, mostly Janie is into Bon-Bons and DQ Blizzards.

Ain't they all th' sweetest thangs?

Edited by SD Rowdies

July 13,2008...Still remember the day that this cache was last found. I put out a challenge to a few brave souls. They know who they are...The challenge is this...If the group finds this cache in the dark we will have an event in their honor..Pictures are required along with a picture of the log just for the therapy that they will need after they complete this challenge. I am beginning to recover nicely but Halftrack Guy went and joined the Army. He figured that if he could survive this cache ..He could do anything! If you want to be in the group contact The Fat Cats or Boysnbarrie....Personally...I would never do this cache in the dark but when some women make up their minds that they can do the impossibe...Well,who am I to say they can't...

;) I'm in..when? Do snakes come out at night?

key_art_friday_night_smackdown.jpg

Impossible, mister kwvers? didn't YOU do this cache? ( ;) chuckles in amusement) If you did it ... I'm pretty sure I can do it, too.

:mad: boysnbarrie

Impossible, mister kwvers? didn't YOU do this cache? ( ;) chuckles in amusement) If you did it ... I'm pretty sure I can do it, too.

ooooh...that hurt Ms. Rambobarrie

Edited by kwvers!

Szar Foyo=Navajo Adventure by cegrube (GCW7JM) X 5....seriously..now really....this could actually be considered an extreme cache if not done with consultation...

Szar Foyo=Navajo Adventure by cegrube (GCW7JM) X 5....seriously..now really....this could actually be considered an extreme cache if not done with consultation...

Ha! Funny! I parked .14mi from Navajo Adeventure and had a pretty easy stroll to the cache. Just lost the trail a couple times. :blink:

When are you planning to go after this so called Szar Foyo cache? I'm interested.

:blink: I'm in..when? Do snakes come out at night?

Put me down for the SMACKDOWN also, never want to miss one of those! :mad:

Bon Bons all around............WOOHOO!!!

Splashette ;)

Ha! Funny! I parked .14mi from Navajo Adeventure and had a pretty easy stroll to the cache. Just lost the trail a couple times. :mad:

When are you planning to go after this so called Szar Foyo cache? I'm interested.

Put me down for the SMACKDOWN also, never want to miss one of those!

Splashette

Emails sent! Ohhh my! This is going to be quite a SMACKDOWN!! ;)

:blink: boysnbarrie

Edited by boysnbarrie

Ha! Funny! I parked .14mi from Navajo Adeventure and had a pretty easy stroll to the cache. Just lost the trail a couple times. :mad:

Splashette

Details please ... sounds like you might need a CSI photographer

for this gig.

Splashette

for this gig.

:blink: Hmmm CSI? What's that mean? Comical, Stunning, and Intelligent? Are you offering to be the photographer?

Splashette

for this gig.

:blink: Hmmm CSI? What's that mean? Comical, Stunning, and Intelligent?

Are you offering to be the photographer?

Well, after all, somebody will have to preserve forensic evidence 'cause ...

Y'all gonna die!

Actually I have four important questions:

A. Will there be PUD cake?

B. Will Janie and Jodi have my sedan-chair re-upholstered in time?

C. Doesn't a SmackDown involve wrestling?

D. Night-vision goggles anyone?

b0235e32-a15f-48d9-8244-418962170241.jpg

This so near Halloween? OWOOOO!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Ha! Funny! I parked .14mi from Navajo Adeventure and had a pretty easy stroll to the cache. Just lost the trail a couple times. :sad:

Splashette

Emails sent! Ohhh my! This is going to be quite a SMACKDOWN!! :signalviolin:

:D boysnbarrie

Depending on the night and time, myself and maybe the Piglit might be interested?

Ha! Funny! I parked .14mi from Navajo Adeventure and had a pretty easy stroll to the cache. Just lost the trail a couple times. :sad:

Splashette

Depending on the night and time, myself and maybe the Piglit might be interested?

Thinking there may be an event at Otay Lakes...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL-QcviQGk&feature=related

Splashette

Thinking there may be an event at Otay Lakes...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL-QcviQGk&feature=related

Lot more fun when the catfish are upwards of a hundred pounds and there's

cotton-mouth water moccasin wriggling about. O yeah, th' good ol' days.

Southeast Texas they used dynamite t' simplify th' job, you know, kaboom

and then row about and drag 'em into the boat. Of course that was when

there was an actual relationship between what y' brought home that day

and what's on th' supper table that night. ... nineteen-thirties style catch

of th' day.

I've seen the Lower Otay duck hunters all anchored in a line waiting on the

ranger to chase a flight of ducks down the line with his motor boat so's th'

manly-men could use their brand-new shotguns.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Y'all gonna die!

Hmmm, here are my answers:

A. If you want there to be, of course.

B. I have no idea.

C. Yes! Don't forget to wear your official US Olympic approved wrestling outfit.

D. Nah ... we don't need no stinkin' goggles! :signalviolin:

:sad: boysnbarrie

Y'all gonna die!

Hmmm, here are my answers:

A. If you want there to be, of course.

B. I have no idea.

C. Yes! Don't forget to wear your official US Olympic approved wrestling outfit.

D. Nah ... we don't need no stinkin' goggles! :signalviolin:

:sad: boysnbarrie

Sounds like you're gunna need some sort of yacht. If I can get Marko to bring one of his submarines, can I join you?

Sounds like you're gunna need some sort of yacht. If I can get Marko to bring one of his submarines, can I join you?

Of course YOU can join us! We can't say NO to the American Flag, that'd be ... just all wrong, if ya ask me.

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :signalviolin: Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

Of course YOU can join us! We can't say NO to the American Flag, that'd be ... just all wrong, if ya ask me.

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :signalviolin: Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

Wow, at last a chance to gang up on that

Commie Pinko Reviewer Guy. We can

slime 'im!

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :) Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

I would like to come also and if you need YODA count him in. :(:)

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :) Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

Cool, now we have enough people to form a human-chain

from streetside to the cache container.

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

Group20of201020on20the20Beach20-20C.jpg

cg6cp.gif

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

cg6cp.gif

Now remember guys, don't forget who's challenge this

started out to be ... so ladies first into the canyon.

Note to Self: Self, are y' sure the ladies don't know that trick?

Edited by SD Rowdies

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :angry: Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

I would like to come also and if you need YODA count him in. :blink::blink:

cg6cp.gif

Hmmm....This sounds intriguing!! Is there room for another crazy participant?? :blink:

WOAH! This is too exciting now ... I've been wanting a flag pin for sooo long! Oh boy! :angry: Now we have PARTY FAVORS!!! This is going to be sooo much fun! Hey, everyone! FLAG PINS for everyone!!

Flag_Pin_Badges.jpg

I would like to come also and if you need YODA count him in. :blink::blink:

cg6cp.gif

Hmmm....This sounds intriguing!! Is there room for another crazy participant?? :blink:

Who you callin' cwazy?