San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

I'm planning on hitting the Wolf Canyon caches in Chula Vista tomorrow. You all are welcomed to join me and the geo-doggies.

Meet at the end of La Media near N32 36.433 W116 58.866. I'll be heading in a counter-clockwise loop.

I hope to start hiking at 0730'ish. I have room for at least 2 if you want to meet up at a park n ride on the way there from Lakeside, such as the Severin exit P n R at I8/125.

It's about a 5-mile loop.

Edited by Chuy!

e0a81e05-39de-4093-8ac1-06c1b8d042f2.jpg

Team Duckit , He is just sitting there at the moment. We think he was checking his heart count or maybe his pants. Same hill where Habu blew out the rear end of his jeep. Don't know what Steve was telling him??? Maybe nice try but you're going to have to do it again. 00020110.gifThis was after doing the Squeeze and Heart attack hill.

More photo's of the days fun click Here

Edited by SKILLET

I hiking part of Hollenbeck with the Mrs and the geodoggies tomorrow morning. You all are welcomed to join us. I'm looking at the newer caches on the south end, beginning with GC1NPTY A Stroll in the Meadow , and returning from GC1P53V Gateway to Somewhere. I haven't created tracks, but my rough estimate is 7-9 miles roundtrip.

Meet tomorrow at the Honey Springs Horse Staging area at 0730'ish.

Parking coords: N32 40.243 W116 49.389

Chuy, What's the terrain on the walk like?

Tiff and Tiffette#2 want to go but need to check their footwear first.

First .8 miles is a service road wide enough for a Winnebago. Next .7 miles is a wide trail for horse-riders, bikers and hikers. Last 400 feet or so is a narrow trail through the trees. The .7 mile section to the cache has a descent about 80 feet or so - which means you'll be hiking up a hill on the way back. But, it's nothing too strenous - my daughter was 10 last year and even though she complained a bit, the swing was worth it and she is looking forward to it this year. You can wear shorts and even sandals on this hike (the tight-fitting sandals - not tong sandals.)

Edited by Chuy!
Join the Chuy! family on a hike in the Lagunas to the Secret Swing on Memorial Day next week, the 25th. It's a 1.6 mile hike each way.

Parking is at Cedar Slicker II, N32 51.237 W116 26.129 .

We plan to start the hike at 9a'ish.

I'll be there with my two girls and Wills. Ginger and Mocha will be there, yes?

D!

Snake and I are planning on doing the trails at Santa Ysabel Open Space Preserve tomorrow (Sunday, 5/24). We're going to check on our caches up there, and will probably just archive them if they are all, indeed, missing. But the hike is nice, and we would probably let anyone else log them before we archive them if you go with us. We will be meeting at 7:30 a.m. at the trailhead on 79 near Dudley's Bakery (N33-7.612 W116-40.717) to leave at least one car there, and then drive up to the trailhead off Farmer Road off Wynola Road in Julian (N33-7.213 W116-36.164) and hiking downhill from there. About 5-6 miles (gpx and kml route files available upon request). We plan on milkshakes and Ortega burgers at the Julian Drugstore when we're done. You're all welcome to join us...

Edited by FlagMan

Regarding the Laguna hike tomorrow, the 25th to the Secret Swing.

An Adventure Pass is required to park. I will bring my extra one in case someone needs it.

You can pick one up at Big 5 for $30/yr or $5/day. There are also two stores in Pine Valley that offer them.

Edited by Chuy!

Regarding the Laguna hike tomorrow, the 24th to the Secret Swing.

An Adventure Pass is required to park. I will bring my extra one in case someone needs it.

You can pick one up at Big 5 for $30/yr or $5/day. There are also two stores in Pine Valley that offer them.

OK, now waitaminute!!! TOMORROW is MONDAY the 25th!!!

Regarding the Laguna hike tomorrow, the 25th to the Secret Swing.

OK, now waitaminute!!! TOMORROW is MONDAY the 25th!!!

:(

An expedition has been planned for El Cap this Saturday, 6/20. Meet at 6-6:15 a.m. at the trailhead on Wildcat Canyon Road. Be prepared to deal with muggles in the assault team...

Is El Cap less stroller-friendly than North or South Fortuna? We're giving blood, and won't make it, but were planning to do this later on...hoping to take the monkeys. They've been *all* over MTRP, so our definition of stroller-friendly is at variance with the norms.

An expedition has been planned for El Cap this Saturday, 6/20. Meet at 6-6:15 a.m. at the trailhead on Wildcat Canyon Road. Be prepared to deal with muggles in the assault team...

Is El Cap less stroller-friendly than North or South Fortuna? We're giving blood, and won't make it, but were planning to do this later on...hoping to take the monkeys. They've been *all* over MTRP, so our definition of stroller-friendly is at variance with the norms.

Probably the same rating for "stroller-friendliness" but a weeee bit more strenuous than anything MTRP has to offer... I have no doubt the Badsquirrels could handle it, though. Can't you give blood the day before just to make it a little more fair for the rest of us? Say, a gallon or two just to even things up... :D

Probably the same rating for "stroller-friendliness" but a weeee bit more strenuous than anything MTRP has to offer... I have no doubt the Badsquirrels could handle it, though. Can't you give blood the day before just to make it a little more fair for the rest of us? Say, a gallon or two just to even things up... :(

:) I know the Badsquirrels are amazing, but there are sections of this trail so steep it was hard to get footing in the DG..plus remember the sections that have eroded and left 5 foot wide gaps you have to jump across? I wouldn't risk precious cargo on this hike. The sign that burned used to say "This is the toughest hike in "San Diego county". In my mind MTRP is a piece of cake compared to this....ok..so I may be exaggerating a tad, but I think a better idea is to have Jahoadi babysit Groundhog and the little guy while Mr. and Mrs. BadSquirrel hike the 15 mile uphill both ways hike. It would be my pleasure!

I'll be out of town for the SDCET on the 20th...bummer because we have one cache to check on. John is out to sea so...another day for us I guess. :(

Probably the same rating for "stroller-friendliness" but a weeee bit more strenuous than anything MTRP has to offer... I have no doubt the Badsquirrels could handle it, though. Can't you give blood the day before just to make it a little more fair for the rest of us? Say, a gallon or two just to even things up... :(

:) I know the Badsquirrels are amazing, but there are sections of this trail so steep it was hard to get footing in the DG..plus remember the sections that have eroded and left 5 foot wide gaps you have to jump across? I wouldn't risk precious cargo on this hike. The sign that burned used to say "This is the toughest hike in "San Diego county". In my mind MTRP is a piece of cake compared to this....ok..so I may be exaggerating a tad, but I think a better idea is to have Jahoadi babysit Groundhog and the little guy while Mr. and Mrs. BadSquirrel hike the 15 mile uphill both ways hike. It would be my pleasure!

I'll be out of town for the SDCET on the 20th...bummer because we have one cache to check on. John is out to sea so...another day for us I guess. :(

My guess is that this outing is a final tuneup for an upcoming Mt. Whitney assault.

The question is, how many passengers per flight does a rescue-helicopter handle?

Y'all gonna die!

Edited by SD Rowdies

Mrs. BS and the monkeys are out of town this long weekend, so I am tidying up the non-family-friendly caches.

Anyone wanna tackle "IHO Eric & Hill" with me?

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...cb-519748a1d089

It's a 5x5 that involves, apparently, some sewer crawling, climbing, and pain. It starts near Miramar Road.

I heard FisnJack's game...anyone else? rjbloom?

I can go any time this weekend...really, any time...no other commitments.

Come join me and the doggies on a little hike to Flagman's 2009 4th of July Cache - Dos Picos Road by FlagMan (GC1VEEA) tomorrow morning at 6a. Gotta start early to beat the heat. Starting at Ellie Lane parking lot.

There's a couple of other caches along the way. Looks like 6-7 miles of hiking depending on far apart the multi stages are set. Total elevation gain estimate is 1000 feet.

We will try to be there, anyone else? :)

Come join me and the doggies on a little hike to Flagman's 2009 4th of July Cache - Dos Picos Road by FlagMan (GC1VEEA) tomorrow morning at 6a. Gotta start early to beat the heat. Starting at Ellie Lane parking lot.

There's a couple of other caches along the way. Looks like 6-7 miles of hiking depending on far apart the multi stages are set. Total elevation gain estimate is 1000 feet.

Can you please save your tracks and send them to us? We'd like to do the hike, but not until it's cooler... Have fun! :blink:

Can you please save your tracks and send them to us? We'd like to do the hike, but not until it's cooler... Have fun! :blink:

Working! Have fun!

:P:);) HERE YE ~ HERE YE :D;);)

THE DATE FOR THE 7TH ANNUAL GEO OCOTILLO CAMPOUT IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........

NOVEMBER 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 AT SKILLET'S PLACE IN OCOTILLO WELLS.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW !! DETAILS TO FOLLOW AS WE GET CLOSER........

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO~ :unsure:

THE GEO OCOTILLO CAMPOUT CREW

:D:D:D HERE YE ~ HERE YE :D:D:D

:P:);)WooHoo!!! :D;);)

:);):D HERE YE ~ HERE YE ;);):D

It is marked! :P

:P:);)WooHoo!!! :D;);)

Update: Now that I check the calendor I will be in Africa

:D

Edited by SD-Weiss

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO~ :blink:

:D:D:blink:WooHoo!!! :D:D:D

[/quote

I put the call in to the weather guy... slight winds preferrable, with minor gusts to 10mph (to clear out the "chili" air!)

Robyn B)

[/quote

I put the call in to the weather guy... slight winds preferrable, with minor gusts to 10mph (to clear out the "chili" air!)

Robyn B)

[/quote

Robyn B)

It is marked! :D

Can't wait to see how the tent does this year, already have the goggles packed just in case. See everyone there