San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Just an FYI here - The Tierra Del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego is hosting their 47th Annual Desert Safari on March 6th-8th. You can register @ tds4x4.com. If you've never been and are an off-road enthusiast, I highly recommend attending! There are usually over 1500 registered vehicles, ranging from WWII vehicles, Unimogs, Panzers, extreme rock crawlers and even a few stock 4X4's :laughing: . They also have a huge vendor area where you can pick up anything that has to do with off-roading.

The event base camp is at N 33 15.691 W 116 00.857 in Truckhaven by the Salton Sea. We'll be camped close by. Let me know if you'd like to join us!

Robyn :blink:

Just an FYI here - The Tierra Del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego is hosting their 47th Annual Desert Safari on March 6th-8th. You can register @ tds4x4.com. If you've never been and are an off-road enthusiast, I highly recommend attending! There are usually over 1500 registered vehicles, ranging from WWII vehicles, Unimogs, Panzers, extreme rock crawlers and even a few stock 4X4's :D . They also have a huge vendor area where you can pick up anything that has to do with off-roading.

The event base camp is at N 33 15.691 W 116 00.857 in Truckhaven by the Salton Sea. We'll be camped close by. Let me know if you'd like to join us!

Robyn :P

Sounds like fun. I love the Saturday night trenches. This is where some of them get drunk and make complete a**es out of themselves for our amusement! :)

Anyone interested in doing the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday the 21st? We'll have to get an early start to ensure that we are at Canadian Grl's "For the LOVe of the smiley" event that night @ Giovanni's.

Robyn :laughing:

Yeehaw! take lots of photos please.

Please check and make sure that everything is in order at

SCCC #11. Last finder may have scored a find by adding

a container where not intended. ... that happens often at

SCCC #11, for good reason.

Thank you Robyn,

Harmon

SD Rowdies & Sandy Creek Cowboys

You got it 'ol pal! Looking forward to our 5th trip out to our favorite caches!

Robyn

Anyone interested in doing the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday the 21st? We'll have to get an early start to ensure that we are at Canadian Grl's "For the LOVe of the smiley" event that night @ Giovanni's.

Thank you Robyn,

Harmon

Robyn

It's a go for tomorrow! We will be meeting at the Buckman Springs Rest Stop @ 7:45a.m. I'll be in my Yellow Jeep and the rest of Team Reid will be in a Red Rubicon. The DaMoores are joining us as well as Denise from d5frees. Would love to have more suckers, er, I mean more geocachers join us! The Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches are a hoot!

Thank you Robyn,

Harmon

Robyn

It's a go for tomorrow! We will be meeting at the Buckman Springs Rest Stop @ 7:45a.m. I'll be in my Yellow Jeep and the rest of Team Reid will be in a Red Rubicon. The DaMoores are joining us as well as Denise from d5frees. Would love to have more suckers, er, I mean more geocachers join us! The Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches are a hoot!

Robyn :anibad:

Sorry - can't make it tomorrow. :laughing: I hope I can come when you make your 6th trip out there!

Thank you Robyn,

Harmon

Robyn

Robyn :anibad:

Sorry - can't make it tomorrow. :laughing: I hope I can come when you make your 6th trip out there!

Oh my gosh, Linda! One of these days we'll make it out there. I'm sure there will be another trip before snake season.

BTW, looks like we'll have to skip #3 tomorrow. I will be driving my Jeep and won't have room for the ladder. Maybe I can talk Cameron into standing on my Jeep top!

Robyn :P

Just an FYI here - The Tierra Del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego is hosting their 47th Annual Desert Safari on March 6th-8th. You can register @ tds4x4.com. If you've never been and are an off-road enthusiast, I highly recommend attending! There are usually over 1500 registered vehicles, ranging from WWII vehicles, Unimogs, Panzers, extreme rock crawlers and even a few stock 4X4's :laughing: . They also have a huge vendor area where you can pick up anything that has to do with off-roading.

hmmm wonder if they still have the red trails

:unsure:

I'm sure the usual suspects have already seen this in their email. I've already signed up.

RES09_250.jpg

Sorry we didn't make it to the Buckman Springs Geocaching ...But four of us will surleym make it to Giovanni's ..Me and My wife also Ramona Retired Snipe and His wife. We will see youn all there!!

I'm sure the usual suspects have already seen this in their email. I've already signed up.

RES09_250.jpg

Four of us will make it ..to Giovanni's ..Me My wife..also Ramona Retired Snipe and his wife ..sorry we couldn't make to the Buckman Springs event today ..we will all see you there at Giovanni's!!

Mark your calenders the spring CITO

and the CAMPOUT and BBQ

April 18th

If you can't spend the night come on out for the CITO and the BBQ after. Two events you can get. spend the day Caching. Lots of new ones out there and I have a bunch more ready to go. 00020201.gif

Definately marked the calendar and put in my watchlisting. A little far out for an absolute postive make it. We'll see after my job interview tomorrow.

Mark your calenders the spring CITO

and the CAMPOUT and BBQ

April 18th

If you can't spend the night come on out for the CITO and the BBQ after. Two events you can get. spend the day Caching. Lots of new ones out there and I have a bunch more ready to go. 00020201.gif

It's a real bummer when events conflict...I'll be in Mexico on a little bike ride the same day. I'll be sure to catch the fall event.

Just an FYI here - The Tierra Del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego is hosting their 47th Annual Desert Safari on March 6th-8th. You can register @ tds4x4.com. If you've never been and are an off-road enthusiast, I highly recommend attending! There are usually over 1500 registered vehicles, ranging from WWII vehicles, Unimogs, Panzers, extreme rock crawlers and even a few stock 4X4's :) . They also have a huge vendor area where you can pick up anything that has to do with off-roading.

Robyn :anicute:

We'll be leaving on Thursday morning! Woo Hoo! Let us know before then if you'd like to join us. Should be a blast. I heard that there is a possibility of rain. Mixed feelings in this family. The hubby is dreading the clean-up and I'm smiling because of the muddin'!

Robyn

Just an FYI here - The Tierra Del Sol Four Wheel Drive Club of San Diego is hosting their 47th Annual Desert Safari on March 6th-8th. You can register @ tds4x4.com. If you've never been and are an off-road enthusiast, I highly recommend attending! There are usually over 1500 registered vehicles, ranging from WWII vehicles, Unimogs, Panzers, extreme rock crawlers and even a few stock 4X4's :) . They also have a huge vendor area where you can pick up anything that has to do with off-roading.

Robyn :anicute:

We'll be leaving on Thursday morning! Woo Hoo! Let us know before then if you'd like to join us. Should be a blast. I heard that there is a possibility of rain. Mixed feelings in this family. The hubby is dreading the clean-up and I'm smiling because of the muddin'!

Robyn

Working on getting YODA back together on sat, so we can plan a trip back to the rock so Flagman can watch me and YODA climb Pancake Rock. :o:(

RES09_250.jpg

Uh oh guys...look what I just got. I'm ready for that new bikeNcache trail in RB.

f70.jpg

JEEZ! You just bought a new bike for the last ride and now another one. Hopefully you won't need camo duct tape to repair the tire on this one. Nice looking ride.

Well, I've been thinkin' about upgrading. NO, not my GPS ... my bicycle! I knew I needed a bicycle upgrade quite some time ago, but I've been putting it off. I can't count how many trails I've been on in the past year where I thot to myself ...

"I bet Jodi hid this one while out on her bicycle! Why are you walking out here when you could be moving quicker on wheels?"

So I think I finally found a bicycle I could enjoy:

rs.jpg

:rolleyes: Now all I need is someone to peddle this baby, and I'll be ready for that upcoming bike trail!

boysnbarrie

Well, I've been thinkin' about upgrading. NO, not my GPS ... my bicycle! I knew I needed a bicycle upgrade quite some time ago, but I've been putting it off. I can't count how many trails I've been on in the past year where I thot to myself ...

"I bet Jodi hid this one while out on her bicycle! Why are you walking out here when you could be moving quicker on wheels?"

rs.jpg

:rolleyes: Now all I need is someone to peddle this baby, and I'll be ready for that upcoming bike trail!

boysnbarrie

Barrie, would you consider renting that marvelous machine?

Looks like something I could use when out and about with

either Janie or Jodie, or both so's they could take turns

peddling.

rs.jpg

B) Now all I need is someone to peddle this baby, and I'll be ready for that upcoming bike trail!

boysnbarrie

peddling.

:rolleyes: Harmon ole buddy...you find one and I'll peddle. You can even put Janie inside with you feeding you grapes! :blink:

rs.jpg

:) Now all I need is someone to peddle this baby, and I'll be ready for that upcoming bike trail!

boysnbarrie

peddling.

:laughing: Harmon ole buddy...you find one and I'll peddle. You can even put Janie inside with you feeding you grapes! :o

... peeled grapes I hope.

I'm so lucky to have such great pals as you and Janie.

Sunday 7AM 0730 hike to Viejas Mtn.

Primariy cache: Tax Freedom Cache.

Best place to park: N32 51.400 W116 44.530 - you need an Adventure Pass.

The webpage says to call the Forest Service to see if the trail is open. I called and they say they don't maintain that trail. And the person answering the phone wasn't sure if an Adventure Pass is required; the webpage says yes.

I have room for two and have an extra Adventure Pass. Meet at Lake Jennings park n ride, N32 50.765 W116 52.875 @ 0630 0705.

1.5 miles each way with about 1600 elevation gain.

Lets try this one again! How about moving it up half an hour this Sunday the 15th - Meet at the parking coords at 0730; meet at Lake Jennings at 0705.

Sunday 7AM 0730 hike to Viejas Mtn.

Primariy cache: Tax Freedom Cache.

Best place to park: N32 51.400 W116 44.530 - you need an Adventure Pass.

The webpage says to call the Forest Service to see if the trail is open. I called and they say they don't maintain that trail. And the person answering the phone wasn't sure if an Adventure Pass is required; the webpage says yes.

I have room for two and have an extra Adventure Pass. Meet at Lake Jennings park n ride, N32 50.765 W116 52.875 @ 0630 0705.

1.5 miles each way with about 1600 elevation gain.

Lets try this one again! How about moving it up half an hour this Sunday the 15th - Meet at the parking coords at 0730; meet at Lake Jennings at 0705.

When I hiked that trail a forest-service employee drove by just as I parked my truck.

Good thing I displayed my pass 'cause I saw him from up along the trail as he circled

back to check my vehicle. In my case I use a Golden Age pass, go figure.

From what I saw nobody services that trail for sure, rocky and eroded in places but

not the worst ascent in our county by any means.

Now see here, I cleared all the finds on that mountain so don't go adding new ones.

Harmon

SD Rowdies

Oops, I take it back ... the first two, the NoHerry caches, are new since I did that hike.

Edited by SD Rowdies

rs.jpg

:yikes: Now all I need is someone to peddle this baby, and I'll be ready for that upcoming bike trail!

boysnbarrie

peddling.

:) Harmon ole buddy...you find one and I'll peddle. You can even put Janie inside with you feeding you grapes! :laughing:

... peeled grapes I hope.

I'm so lucky to have such great pals as you and Janie.

Now wait a minute here ... I thot I was in the back riding :D. Where are my peeled grapes, :D huh? Hey Harmon, how about you using your fancy photo stuff to see if we could all fit in this thing!

Looks like there will be a few of us heading out to Moon Valley tomorrow morning. Not too sure what the trail is like, but should be a lot of fun! I will be checking out traildamage.com tonight to get the particulars. The Splashes, The Fat Cats & Team Reid will be meeting at Buckman Springs Rest Stop @ 9:00 a.m. Please let us know if you would like to join us.

Should be fun!

Robyn :)

Looks like there will be a few of us heading out to Moon Valley tomorrow morning. Not too sure what the trail is like, but should be a lot of fun! I will be checking out traildamage.com tonight to get the particulars. The Splashes, The Fat Cats & Team Reid will be meeting at Buckman Springs Rest Stop @ 9:00 a.m. Please let us know if you would like to join us.

Should be fun!

Robyn :rolleyes:

Ok just remember Yoda will not be there to help you jeeps out if you get into trouble. :):blink:

I am just about ready to get back on the trail. Front end and ring and pinion is rebuilt just have to put the fluids in the front punkin grease in the hubs. then bleed the brakes and put the tires back on. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you all have fun and me and Yoda well be back soon. :blink::rolleyes:

Wow I was all ready to head out for the CITO tomorrow. i even loaded up a few pallet for the fire already. I must have messed up the date. I had been planning on making that my milestone. Three Sisters would work just fine tho. Where do you you want to meet and what time?

Anybody wanna take a dip in the middle sister tomorrow (Sat., 3/28)? Three Sisters I plan on leaving bright and early in the morning...

jUST WANT TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT THE WILD TURKEY SEASON OPENS TOMORROW MORNING AND YOU WILL BE IN A AREA THAT MAY HAVE HUNTERS, WE WEAR CAMO TO BLEND IN WITH THE AREA SO MAYBE HARD TO SPOT THEM. SEASON CLOSES ON THE 3RD OF MAY THEN TILL THE 17TH IT IS YOUTH AND ARCHERY.

HAVE FUN .

Anybody wanna take a dip in the middle sister tomorrow (Sat., 3/28)? Three Sisters I plan on leaving bright and early in the morning...

Leaving from the RSD water tank? What time?

Trailhead is off Boulder Creek Road in the Julian area. Coords are: 32-59.076, 117-40.628

Meet there at about 8 a.m., or call me and we can meet in Ramona somewhere at 7:30-ish...

Or, if that doesn't work, just call me and let me know what does work. I'm flexible. Looks like its going to ne me, Harmon and fisnjack...

You guys don't have to worry about the turkey hunters... They'll be aiming at me 'cause my name is Tom, I'm a lawyer (remember Cheney?) and most people think I'm a big turkey!! Just in case, though, you might want to wear a red shirt...

Edited by FlagMan

Leaving from the RSD water tank? What time?

Trailhead is off Boulder Creek Road in the Julian area. Coords are: 32-59.076, 117-40.628

Meet there at about 8 a.m., or call me and we can meet in Ramona somewhere at 7:30-ish...

Or, if that doesn't work, just call me and let me know what does work. I'm flexible. Looks like its going to ne me, Harmon and fisnjack...

You guys don't have to worry about the turkey hunters... They'll be aiming at me 'cause my name is Tom, I'm a lawyer (remember Cheney?) and most people think I'm a big turkey!! Just in case, though, you might want to wear a red shirt...

See you in Ramona at 0730 as planned. NOTE: Trailhead cords would be W116 rather than W117.

I'm surprised there's been no discussion of the SD gimmick rallye last weekend here. What did people think? I enjoyed it, but there were things I'd like to see done differently next time.

I have a half finished (A-B style) gimmick rallye that runs from Escondido to Poway, I'm willing to finish if there was interest. Are 3 or 4 geocaches enough? Are they neeeded at all? Would people be interested in a photo page? (Find the location the 4 photos were taken and give a GPS reading for score.) Is a restaurant finish alright? What's a good date about two months from now to schedule it? Anyone interested in helping?

I'm surprised there's been no discussion of the SD gimmick rallye last weekend here. What did people think? I enjoyed it, but there were things I'd like to see done differently next time.

I have a half finished (A-B style) gimmick rallye that runs from Escondido to Poway, I'm willing to finish if there was interest. Are 3 or 4 geocaches enough? Are they neeeded at all? Would people be interested in a photo page? (Find the location the 4 photos were taken and give a GPS reading for score.) Is a restaurant finish alright? What's a good date about two months from now to schedule it? Anyone interested in helping?

Three Owls and a Pussycat had a blast with the recent geo-rally(e) (but then we might be a bit biased given the outcome :laughing: ) There were some glitches but all-in-all we thought it was nicely done.

Reflecting on it, there are some things that I would probably do differently (I say this having never put together a rally and thus any I say is subject to being ignorant of the true difficulties involved...)

I don't know of any date conflicts (apart from July 4th) so if you get it on the calendar it'll probably work. Restaurant finish is good, but I like a picnic finish better. Easier to move around and socialize.

If you are not riding your bike this weekend. Don't forget the CITO and Spring Campout this weekend. 00020201.gif

Skillet what's the driving time to get out there from El Cajon? Just a ballpark number please.

Hello Pioneer 'n' Tiff!

It takes me about 2 hours to get to Skillet's from Poway. I go through Ramona, turn left at Santa Ysabel, turn right at the S2, turn left at Scissor's Crossing and you're there (if you like curves). My mom has left El Cajon, headed out the 8, turned north on the 86 in El Centro, left at the Border Check (78) and you're there. Straight shot.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Robyn

4ee1193e-dd52-451a-b9be-08dbd11752f6.jpg

The clean up crew did a fantastic job. 50 bags of trash and the road didn't look that bad at the start. Beautiful weather all weekend. 00020205.gif Great job everyone.

Just because most people have cell phones now doesn't mean you can take down a call box sign and call it trash. :unsure:

The wind blew the sign down. At least I hope it did.

More pictures of the Campout and CITO can be found here 000201D1.gif