San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

I had a little birdie tell me that there might be a Jeeping trip coming up on the 3rd (Saturday)! Details to follow!

Robyn :D

Was something planned?

Still in the planning stages, but we'll let you know ASAP. Probably a lifted but no lockers necessary kinda day. We'll see! I'll post as soon as I find out more details.

Robyn

Waiting for details - I'm a solid maybe

shortwing

Well, it's a for-sure thing on Saturday! Woo Hoo! Looks like it will be Truckhaven after all. Not sure of the start time, though. Possibly a meet at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs @ 9:00. I will post here as soon as the details are ironed out.

Looking forward to some fun Jeeping with a little caching. We'll miss that little green Jeep and the 'Yoda as well. Hope to have you guys up and running soon!

If all goes well :D ..................we should get the new rear end sometime this afternoon :D:D

Splashman will be busy tomorrow all day if we get it................so, there's a glimmer of hope that we can also be there if the stars, axles, & gears align!!

Fingers crossed :D:D

Splashette

New rear end? Who said "New rear end?"

132caac7-592c-452c-96b0-6a0a11d5dd4f.jpg

Hi Janie, luv y' babe.

Note to Self: I owe Harmon a whack on the noggin'..........yet again...........he never learns!

Note #2" Never ~ EVER ~ let Harmon ride in the backseat.................EVER...............

What goes around, comes around.........words to live by :D

Splashette

P.S. Splashman is on his way to pick up the new JEEP REAR END !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I had a little birdie tell me that there might be a Jeeping trip coming up on the 3rd (Saturday)! Details to follow!

Was something planned?

Still in the planning stages, but we'll let you know ASAP. Probably a lifted but no lockers necessary kinda day. We'll see! I'll post as soon as I find out more details.

Robyn

shortwing

Well, it's a for-sure thing on Saturday! Woo Hoo! Looks like it will be Truckhaven after all. Not sure of the start time, though. Possibly a meet at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs @ 9:00. I will post here as soon as the details are ironed out.

Looking forward to some fun Jeeping with a little caching. We'll miss that little green Jeep and the 'Yoda as well. Hope to have you guys up and running soon!

Yes it's true YODA will not be there so you JEEPS are on your own.

But we will be back better and stronger so we can plan a squeese run are even Bronco Peak. :D:D

Everyone be safe and have a happy new year. :D:D

Robyn :o

Was something planned?

Robyn

shortwing

Robyn ;)

If all goes well ;) ..................we should get the new rear end sometime this afternoon :):lol:

Splashman will be busy tomorrow all day if we get it................so, there's a glimmer of hope that we can also be there if the stars, axles, & gears align!!

Fingers crossed :wub::)

Splashette

Hi Janie, luv y' babe.

Note to Self: I owe Harmon a whack on the noggin'..........yet again...........he never learns!

Note #2" Never ~ EVER ~ let Harmon ride in the backseat.................EVER...............

What goes around, comes around.........words to live by B)

Splashette

P.S. Splashman is on his way to pick up the new JEEP REAR END !!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::huh:

AND IT'S A FINE REAREND, AND SURE IS HEAVY. WE GOT IT IN THIS MORNING SO MAYBE SOON WE CAN DO THE SQUEEZE. ;)

Robyn B)

Was something planned?

Robyn

shortwing

Robyn B)

If all goes well :P ..................we should get the new rear end sometime this afternoon :DB)

Fingers crossed ;);)

Splashette

Hi Janie, luv y' babe.

What goes around, comes around.........words to live by :D

Splashette

P.S. Splashman is on his way to pick up the new JEEP REAR END !!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

AND IT'S A FINE REAREND, AND SURE IS HEAVY. WE GOT IT IN THIS MORNING SO MAYBE SOON WE CAN DO THE SQUEEZE. B)

Wait a minute......what? Oh ok, you're talking about the Jeep rear end.

Can my tundra tag along? (4x4, 35's. no armor) I say we avoid "the squeeze" as I recently saw some carnage and well.... I try to avoid truck carnage.

Sure! Would love to have you tag along. Bill (Habu!) and I are still working out the specifics, so I will post when it is set. Probably a meetup at Christmas Circle @ 9ish. Maybe even breakfast in Poway or Ramona. We'll see!

Robyn

Can my tundra tag along? (4x4, 35's. no armor) I say we avoid "the squeeze" as I recently saw some carnage and well.... I try to avoid truck carnage.

Sure! Would love to have you tag along. Bill (Habu!) and I are still working out the specifics, so I will post when it is set. Probably a meetup at Christmas Circle @ 9ish. Maybe even breakfast in Poway or Ramona. We'll see!

Robyn

Ok! We're set! We will be meeting at the Ramona Cafe @ 6:30, leaving there around 7:30 to hit the Christmas Cirlce in Borrego Springs around 9:00ish. We will be leaving the Christmas Cirlce at 9:15 prompt to head out towards Truckhaven. If you use the X-Files caches (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gchpf3) as your center point, you should be good to go.

Please sound off if you will be joining us for breakfast and/or the roundup at Christmas Circle. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Robyn :)

We'll be missing you, Janie, Steve, John & Rebecca! We'll have another trip planned real soon!

Robyn

Ok! We're set! We will be meeting at the Ramona Cafe @ 6:30, leaving there around 7:30 to hit the Christmas Cirlce in Borrego Springs around 9:00ish. We will be leaving the Christmas Cirlce at 9:15 prompt to head out towards Truckhaven. If you use the X-Files caches (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=gchpf3) as your center point, you should be good to go.

Please sound off if you will be joining us for breakfast and/or the roundup at Christmas Circle. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

We'll be missing you, Janie, Steve, John & Rebecca! We'll have another trip planned real soon!

Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs is at (N33 15.395 W116 22.499)

Jeep is washed and ready to go. Ummmm we are just riding out to 86 for a date shake right ;O ...

Edited by habu!

Robyn

Good News! :laughing::laughing:

The Mighty Mo is all put back together!! We took it for the first 20 mile trip, then came home and parked it so it could completely cool down. (per instructions)

Tomorrow we are going to do some easy desert dirt roads to get the next 200 miles on it, then it should be good to go. :P

We can't wait to get back out there and do some bashing around :)

Have lots of fun tomorrow at Truckhaven! WoooHooo!!!!

The Splashes :laughing::D

Robyn

The Mighty Mo is all put back together!! We took it for the first 20 mile trip, then came home and parked it so it could completely cool down. (per instructions)

Tomorrow we are going to do some easy desert dirt roads to get the next 200 miles on it, then it should be good to go. :P

Got some bad news.

YODA is down for a little while.

Need to replace the ring gear on the front punkin.

Its missing about 6 teeth on the gear.

So have fun.

Robyn

Got some bad news.

YODA is down for a little while.

Need to replace the ring gear on the front punkin.

Its missing about 6 teeth on the gear.

So have fun.

Get it fixed and send the bill to those Jeep owners

that you rescue all the time.

Robyn

I'll be there at Breakfast.

Dave

There is an Event next Saturday morning (1/10/09) North of San Bernardino and the 15 freeway and just North of Highway 138 called Event Hill 582 <GC1JTV6>. I am planning on attending. I wouild also like to do the caches located in a loop including the Cleghorn Road caches (at least 30 caches) after the event that will make it a long day of caching. We can meet at the Starbucks on Scripps Ranch Parkway near <N 32° 56.153 W 117° 06.058> We should be on the road by 7am.

Depending on when we leave in the morning, there is a contest and a prize for the most caches found before the event. Anyone else interested in going?

There is an Event next Saturday morning (1/10/09) North of San Bernardino and the 15 freeway and just North of Highway 138 called Event Hill 582 <GC1JTV6>. I am planning on attending. I wouild also like to do the caches located in a loop including the Cleghorn Road caches (at least 30 caches) after the event that will make it a long day of caching. We can meet at the Starbucks on Scripps Ranch Parkway near <N 32° 56.153 W 117° 06.058> We should be on the road by 7am.

Depending on when we leave in the morning, there is a contest and a prize for the most caches found before the event. Anyone else interested in going?

Looks like Mom and I are in! Is this a Jeep-type day or a RAV4-type day?

I know several of you in the forum have cached the Palomar Divide Truck trail so I wanted to share a couple of snap shots from this past weekend when I tagged along with some Muggle Jeepers from work. As it turned out, no one had been through the area so we attempted to blaze a trail through the 2-3ft of fresh power but it was to much and a couple of vehicles needed to be pulled out. Should be a nice trail to run in a couple of weeks if the snow melts down enough to get to the top. Hope to make the complete trip with some fellow geocachers who want to stop for Tupperware in the woods.

Trail??? What Trail??cd176961-d580-45e0-9896-3921156849d3.jpg

Toyotas in the back.....24a92d0e-0b5e-4985-b153-4b0ba3284626.jpg

I know several of you in the forum have cached the Palomar Divide Truck trail so I wanted to share a couple of snap shots from this past weekend when I tagged along with some Muggle Jeepers from work. As it turned out, no one had been through the area so we attempted to blaze a trail through the 2-3ft of fresh power but it was to much and a couple of vehicles needed to be pulled out. Should be a nice trail to run in a couple of weeks if the snow melts down enough to get to the top. Hope to make the complete trip with some fellow geocachers who want to stop for Tupperware in the woods.

Trail??? What Trail??cd176961-d580-45e0-9896-3921156849d3.jpg

Toyotas in the back.....24a92d0e-0b5e-4985-b153-4b0ba3284626.jpg

Looks like he's in the lead.

By wish YODA was running, looks like fun.

I made a late decision, but I'm going to this.

I have been wanting to do hit the Cleghorn caches for a long time. I knw I'm not going to get any caches done with the Charger game on Sunday. So if I am going to hit my monthly quota it looks like this event will do it.

Dave

My inside source informs there will be a Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride in April (I think April 18th). I'll post more info as it becomes available.

So, break out the bikes and hit the road!

My previous offer to ride a bike and donate it to charity still stands. Jahoadi and John donated an Australian 10-speed last time. The brake levers were reversed which made braking interesting. It was a heavy bike and purple. Yes, purple. But, the bike made it to Ensenada unscathed.

My inside source informs there will be a Rosarito-Ensenada bike ride in April (I think April 18th). I'll post more info as it becomes available.

My previous offer to ride a bike and donate it to charity still stands. Jahoadi and John donated an Australian 10-speed last time. The brake levers were reversed which made braking interesting. It was a heavy bike and purple. Yes, purple. But, the bike made it to Ensenada unscathed.

I'm still waiting for them to send my shirt from the last ride that they just so happened to run out of thinking it was the last ride and wanted to make some extra money at the riders expense. Just a coincidence that the 6 other rides I participated in had my shirt ready at the finish.

I'm still waiting for them to send my shirt from the last ride that they just so happened to run out of thinking it was the last ride and wanted to make some extra money at the riders expense. Just a coincidence that the 6 other rides I participated in had my shirt ready at the finish.

I'm in. If anyone wants company on practice rides just let me know. The Old Julian hwy is a good one if you want to come to Ramona. I even hid another cache yesterday along the route.

I got my t-shirt a couple weeks ago.

I'm in. If anyone wants company on practice rides just let me know. The Old Julian hwy is a good one if you want to come to Ramona. I even hid another cache yesterday along the route.

I got my shirt last week!! Fun ride!! I still remember the tape and cardboard job on the tire!! :angry:

I got my shirt last week!! Fun ride!! I still remember the tape and cardboard job on the tire!! :angry:

:D I got my shirt a few weeks ago, but they screwed up the order and I got a shirt so small it wouldn't fit on a Barbie Doll. Maybe I can get John to ride..if he's in port.

Looks like there will be a few of us heading out to Truckhaven this Saturday. Not necessarily a caching kinda day, but a locked/lifted kinda day ;) !

Let us know if you'd like to join us. Not sure exactly what time we will be leaving Poway - probably around 7ish - 8ish at the latest.

Looking forward to getting the Jeeps a little dirty!

Robyn ;)

Re: Yuma Event (GC1JYAC) on 2/8.

I plan on driving over this Thursday and caching in the area on Friday and Saturday. I will have a 10x10 green shade/shelter set up at the event on Sunday. If the banner can get to the event, I'll put it up. That way the San Diego cachers have a place to sit and drop their stuff at the event and have some shade.

I plan on driving over this Thursday and caching in the area on Friday and Saturday. I will have a 10x10 green shade/shelter set up at the event on Sunday. If the banner can get to the event, I'll put it up. That way the San Diego cachers have a place to sit and drop their stuff at the event and have some shade.

:) Thanks Bill...we'll look for you. We're going after work on Friday but look forward to Saturday and Sunday.

I'll put the banner in the Jeep right now so I don't forget it.

Don't forget your chairs everybody!

Splashette :D

Honk if you know who this is with Skillet and John:

2a3a8dfa-b8a6-4366-92ea-a63c98a50b0e.jpg

Honk!!! It's Signal the Frog, of course!!! :(

But who is wearing the costume????. 00020351.gif

I know what you meant... John of Team Fatman...

No fair you were there.

So thats what was happening in one of the pic's from the warm up event in yuma ....one of the B.R.A. was helping John get his car keys out of his pocket ....he he !!

Honk if you know who this is with Skillet and John:

2a3a8dfa-b8a6-4366-92ea-a63c98a50b0e.jpg

Honk!!! It's Signal the Frog, of course!!! :(

But who is wearing the costume????. 00020351.gif

I know what you meant... John of Team Fatman...

No fair you were there.

So thats what was happening in one of the pic's from the warm up event in yuma ....one of the B.R.A. was helping John get his car keys out of his pocket ....he he !!

That does not look like where a pocket is.

fc8c8788-82ec-4cbd-8fc9-eaddb0813aed.jpg

0002031F.gif0348c179-75ae-46fb-b460-1d55d08054a5.jpg

You have to watch what your doing when the Blonds Run Amuck are around.

0002031E.gif

Edited by SKILLET

Car driver enthusiasts unite with cachers. DTN92129 and I are putting on what I think is the first San Diego Geo Car Rally. I know there are some up in LA, but we don’t have one down here. The event will be on Saturday April 4th in the morning. Start time will be 10AM, but you must be at there before then for instructions.

Check out the basic information at GC1MKVG. You will need a Driver and Navigator at a minimum, but you can have as many people in the car as you can squeeze in legally.

We are going to have a BBQ at the Finish with Hot Dogs and non-alcoholic beverages. If you want to bring some Pot Luck food, be my guest. Chips, cookies, veggies, whatever. The Finish will be at a park, but that is a secret.

There will also be some caches along the way. Caches will be activated After the Event. So make sure you put your individual names down in the logs. I’ll provide links to the caches on the Events page afterwards.

I’ll post some more information on driving directions information as we make them up.

This is also an event to say good-bye to Beta Eagle 1. He is leaving us and moving to the Washington DC area for a job at the end of April.

Also, Hof05 will be returning from Iraq around this time. We’ll have to welcome him back into our fold. His return will depend on the US Military, but I’m hoping he will be back by this time.

So come one, come all. And join in the fun.

PQGT and DTN

Mrs Chuy! and I and the geodoggies are hiking the loop to Twin Peaks. It's about 2.5 miles roundtrip. Join us if you can at N32 58.855 W117 03.086 (Silverset Park) at 0730 Sunday.

Y-all gonna die or slip off the trail. Seriously that last mile will be very treacherous after all this rain.

Shucks I thought you were going to the Twin Peaks at Hollenbeck GFETE

Anyone interested in doing the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday the 21st? We'll have to get an early start to ensure that we are at Canadian Grl's "For the LOVe of the smiley" event that night @ Giovanni's.

Robyn :laughing:

Yeehaw! take lots of photos please.

Please check and make sure that everything is in order at

SCCC #11. Last finder may have scored a find by adding

a container where not intended. ... that happens often at

SCCC #11, for good reason.

Thank you Robyn,

Harmon

SD Rowdies & Sandy Creek Cowboys