San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

<snip>

Yoda want's to know if the weather is going to stop the JEEPS from going tomorow? :laughing::D:D

Don't worry, John... One of the Jeeps will pull you out if you get stuck... :D

Where is the meeting area and time ......... GC10PMH is a good spot ????

Meet at Dennys Los Caches 6 am. Come see who tows who . :D:o

Also come and enjoy watching FATTBOY ride with YODA and see if he stays in the truck for the whole trail. :D:D

Rain has stopped so we should have a fun time.

See ya in the morning at Dennys In Lakeside.

Who's going where?

Splashes Team Duckit Flagman and myself with Fattboy are doing pancake Rock .

Go back to 93 and near the bottom it starts about the GC that is close

to the start of the trail.

No reports back.. did you all survive? ;)

TA

Where have you been? Go to gc1jggt and look at the pics. Then go to This Just In thread # 55 Nov 28th 09:42 then # 56.and look at the pictures. Just a heads up I made it back just fine again. But one more jeep had a strap to it. :huh::huh::D

A group of us from the North County are planning a trip down to Mission Trail Regional Park (MTRP) this coming Sunday. We'll be meeting at the equestrian center parking lot at 8am when it opens, then we plan to cache the north side of the Hwy 52. We’re crossing our fingers that the rain doesn’t come in until Sunday night so we don’t have to cancel our trip. Come on out and join us. ;)

A group of us from the North County are planning a trip down to Mission Trail Regional Park (MTRP) this coming Sunday. We'll be meeting at the equestrian center parking lot at 8am when it opens, then we plan to cache the north side of the Hwy 52. We're crossing our fingers that the rain doesn't come in until Sunday night so we don't have to cancel our trip. Come on out and join us. ;)
I'd love to join you Boomer, but I'll be up in LA for my youngest son's volleyball tournament. He's off to college next year, so our days are numbered. Anyhow, have fun!
A group of us from the North County are planning a trip down to Mission Trail Regional Park (MTRP) this coming Sunday. We'll be meeting at the equestrian center parking lot at 8am when it opens, then we plan to cache the north side of the Hwy 52. We're crossing our fingers that the rain doesn't come in until Sunday night so we don't have to cancel our trip. Come on out and join us. :D
I'd love to join you Boomer, but I'll be up in LA for my youngest son's volleyball tournament. He's off to college next year, so our days are numbered. Anyhow, have fun!

I know what you mean. My daughter went off to college last year and she plays water polo. Now we have to plan trips from Northern Cal out to AZ from Feb. to April. It was so nice in High School and you were playing just down the road.

I think it's going to rain on our parade Sunday so you may not be missing much. See you on the trail. :D

A group of us from the North County are planning a trip down to Mission Trail Regional Park (MTRP) this coming Sunday. We'll be meeting at the equestrian center parking lot at 8am when it opens, then we plan to cache the north side of the Hwy 52. We're crossing our fingers that the rain doesn't come in until Sunday night so we don't have to cancel our trip. Come on out and join us. :D

I know what you mean. My daughter went off to college last year and she plays water polo. Now we have to plan trips from Northern Cal out to AZ from Feb. to April. It was so nice in High School and you were playing just down the road.

I think it's going to rain on our parade Sunday so you may not be missing much. See you on the trail. :D

I know what you mean too. My daughter is also a sophomore. She is playing ultimate frisbee at school and her team travels all over too. We get to see them whenever they come down to UCSD for a tournament. We had 20 girls stay at our house a month ago. :D Go BLU! :huh:
Does anyone want to find the Dalmatians on the PCT on Saturday, Dec. 12th?

I'd go myself but I was just watching Animal Planet's Maneaters program last night. They had all these stories about bears eating people. It kind of freaked me out so I think I'd rather hike this with some friends.

Dave

Be sure and take some pepper spray, I hear the bears like the extra flavor

A group of us from the North County are planning a trip down to Mission Trail Regional Park (MTRP) this coming Sunday. We'll be meeting at the equestrian center parking lot at 8am when it opens, then we plan to cache the north side of the Hwy 52. We’re crossing our fingers that the rain doesn’t come in until Sunday night so we don’t have to cancel our trip. Come on out and join us. :blink:

Checked Weather.com, looks like the rain possible (30% chance) Saturday. Partly cloudy Sunday. I hope it stays that way. :)

A group of us from the North County are planning a trip down to Mission Trail Regional Park (MTRP) this coming Sunday. We'll be meeting at the equestrian center parking lot at 8am when it opens, then we plan to cache the north side of the Hwy 52. We’re crossing our fingers that the rain doesn’t come in until Sunday night so we don’t have to cancel our trip. Come on out and join us. :D

Checked Weather.com, looks like the rain possible (30% chance) Saturday. Partly cloudy Sunday. I hope it stays that way. :D

With no interest, we'll have to re-schedule to a later date. Bummer :D:D:D

Mario, a geocacher from North Carolina, is visiting in Temecula during the holidays and contacted me via the SDGeocachers Photo Gallery. He is asking if anyone in Temecula can him identify some of the better caches to drop off some TBs he carried out here from his friends in NC. His note is below. Anybody in the Temecula area interested?

You can contact Mario via GC.com or email me for his regular email address. I don't want to put it here and expose it to spammers mad.gif

Happy Holidays to the San Diego Geocachers!

====================

Heya, M2!

I'm fairly new to the geocaching hobby and visiting family in Temecula. I came out from Raleigh, North Carolina and when the crew there heard I was headed this way, I got loaded down with 6 travel bugs to distribute in this area.

Now, I can find a few easy ones around here and drop 'em off, but I thought it'd be fun to meet a local geocacher and get their opinion as to where the best drop-offs might be (based on the travel bugs' individual goals). I found the sdgeocachers.org website but could only find your contact info, so... here I am. smile.gif

Do you happen to know any friendly geocachers in Temecula who might still be around for the holidays and would have some extra time to chat on the phone or meet up?

Thanks for your time!

Mario (Groundspeak username: yayac)

=====================

Auld Pro and I are planning a hike on the Secret Canyon trail on Saturday, December 27th, beginning at the Pine Creek trailhead and hiking to the Horsethief canyon parking area. According to Jerry Schad's "Afoot & Afield" San Diego County, this is a 15.6 mile hike but with only a 1200 ft. elevation gain in this direction. There are not a whole bunch of caches on this trail but there should be more after we do the hike. Our plan is to meet at the Horsethief Canyon parking area at 6:30am, Leaving one vehicle their and then driving up to the Pine Creek Trailhead and beginning the hike. Anyone that is interested is certainly welcome to join us although I personally would prefer folks that have LifeFlight on the speed dial of their phone or could possibly bring along a little wagon if I need assist towards the end of the hike. Hoping to interest a few of you adventurous cachers out there.

Auld Pro and I are planning a hike on the Secret Canyon trail on Saturday, December 27th, beginning at the Pine Creek trailhead and hiking to the Horsethief canyon parking area. According to Jerry Schad's "Afoot & Afield" San Diego County, this is a 15.6 mile hike but with only a 1200 ft. elevation gain in this direction. There are not a whole bunch of caches on this trail but there should be more after we do the hike. Our plan is to meet at the Horsethief Canyon parking area at 6:30am, Leaving one vehicle their and then driving up to the Pine Creek Trailhead and beginning the hike. Anyone that is interested is certainly welcome to join us although I personally would prefer folks that have LifeFlight on the speed dial of their phone or could possibly bring along a little wagon if I need assist towards the end of the hike. Hoping to interest a few of you adventurous cachers out there.

Secret Canyon just north of the I-8 bridges offers the only place

in our county that I've seen Poison Sumac. Too bad the foliage is

seasonal but if you stray down along the creekbed you have a

good chance of running into bare Poison Sumac bushes and into

Poison Oak switches poking up from the ground all over the place.

Don't forget to have fun and it's about time that Geocaches should

start popping up along that trek.

Secret Canyon just north of the I-8 bridges offers the only place

in our county that I've seen Poison Sumac. Too bad the foliage is

seasonal but if you stray down along the creekbed you have a

good chance of running into bare Poison Sumac bushes and into

Poison Oak switches poking up from the ground all over the place.

Don't forget to have fun and it's about time that Geocaches should

start popping up along that trek.

Well, it looks like halftrack guy and I will have to miss out on the fun cardio elevation climb and the adventures of poison sumac (heavy sigh). Yeah, our SWA flight home won't be landing until hours after your scheduled departure. PLEASE don't go changing her plans on our account!!! Ohh no, y' all go on ahead ... we don't mind.

With ya in spirit,

boysnbarrie & halftrack guy

The Cleveland National Forest website puts the hike at 16 miles. It's a doozy of a hike either way.

FYI guys, you're likely to run into undocumented 'hikers' heading north. Maybe you should wear green to make them think you're with the Border Patrol. <_< Seriously, you may consider letting Border Patrol know you'll be hiking that trail. I believe that's Night Hunter's area - the El Cajon station.

Anyone interested in a potential FTF run on January 1st? Mocha! is getting a dog pack for Xmas and will be wanting to try it out.

<_< Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :ph34r:

:ph34r: Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :huh:

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... <_<

BTW, I sent an e-mail to Night Hunter as a heads-up...

Edited by FlagMan

;) Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :)

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... :)

:D I don't know Tom...you seem to be aging quite rapidly lately...it's 55 now isn't it? <_<

:shocked: Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :shocked:

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... :shocked:

:shocked: I don't know Tom...you seem to be aging quite rapidly lately...it's 55 now isn't it? :shocked:

I've rarely hiked with a group where I wasn't the slowest one, so unless you guys can convince FATTBOY to go along then I will probably be bringing up the rear, AGAIN.

:shocked: Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :shocked:

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... :shocked:

:shocked: I don't know Tom...you seem to be aging quite rapidly lately...it's 55 now isn't it? :shocked:

I've rarely hiked with a group where I wasn't the slowest one, so unless you guys can convince FATTBOY to go along then I will probably be bringing up the rear, AGAIN.

OH THIS LOOK'S LIKE A GREAT TIME !!!!

BUT I DONT THINK I CAN MAKE IT !!!!

:shocked: FATTBOY :shocked:

I'm planning on taking the Chuy! family to A Little Holiday Cheer cache on Mt. Woodson on Friday morning at 8:30a. Come join us to burn off some holiday calories!

It's a very steep walk but the trail is a wide paved service road but for the first 200 feet or so. Park just south of Woody Trailhead II. Bring a tree ornament.

Hey, we're IN! :unsure:

Is there a 'weather-permitting' clause in this trek? :)

The Splashes :laughing::anibad:

I'm planning on taking the Chuy! family to A Little Holiday Cheer cache on Mt. Woodson on Friday morning at 8:30a. Come join us to burn off some holiday calories!

It's a very steep walk but the trail is a wide paved service road but for the first 200 feet or so. Park just south of Woody Trailhead II. Bring a tree ornament.

Hey, we're IN! :unsure:

Is there a 'weather-permitting' clause in this trek? :)

The Splashes :laughing::anibad:

Yes. Olivia! is hoping for inclement weather, but she is not getting out of this one as the current forecast is predicting clear skies.

:) Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :D

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... :blink:

If Flagman is still "IN" then it looks like it will be 5 of us doing this hike. Auld Pro, myself, Jahoadi and John and Flagman. See you all at the Horsethief Canyon parking area on Japatul Rd at 6:30am. Hope we don't need snowshoes to start the hike.

:) Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :D

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... :blink:

If Flagman is still "IN" then it looks like it will be 5 of us doing this hike. Auld Pro, myself, Jahoadi and John and Flagman. See you all at the Horsethief Canyon parking area on Japatul Rd at 6:30am. Hope we don't need snowshoes to start the hike.

FlagMan is 50/50, so don't wait for me. I'll try to let someone know one way or the other before 6:30 am...

FlagMan is 50/50, so don't wait for me. I'll try to let someone know one way or the other before 6:30 am...

Y'all gonna die ....

Y'all gonna die ....

:) Don't worry Harmon....our first..or second..or maybe 3rd hide will be "Harmon needs a rest..let's stop here!" Happy New Year ya ole dude!

:) Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :)

Y'all gonna die ....

:D Don't worry Harmon....our first..or second..or maybe 3rd hide will be "Harmon needs a rest..let's stop here!" Happy New Year ya ole dude!

OMG! why I oughta .... :D

Edited by SD Rowdies

:laughing: Dick, John and I may be up for it..if I can get rid of the cold and if we make it home from Fallon in one piece and if John finishes the honeydo list by then. It would be fun to hike with you again. I've hiked that trail before with the SD Hiking Club in the summer with more daylight. :santa:

I think I am probably "IN" unless I would be slowing down all you younger whippersnappers... :D

Y'all gonna die ....

Despite Harmons prediction, Auld Pro, Jahoadi and John, Flagman and myself made it the entire Secret Canyon trail that worked out to just over 16 miles with 3177ft of elevation gain, calculated after Auld Pro downloaded his tracks to Topo. Although we all made it out OK, a bunch of caches we had with us were apparently lost. Stay tuned. Took us 9hrs to finish the hike but then again they kept waiting for me.

Kinda late notice but just finished drawing my tracks from Google Earth for the Secret Canyon Trail. I done good as the 10 caches I intend of visiting are right off the trail.

If anyone would like to join me and the geo doggies, meet at Lake Jennings park n ride at 0530. I only intend on hitting the Pine Valley half of the trail which accounts for 10 of the caches and about 14 miles round trip.

Call me or email me by 0515.

Kinda late notice but just finished drawing my tracks from Google Earth for the Secret Canyon Trail. I done good as the 10 caches I intend of visiting are right off the trail.

If anyone would like to join me and the geo doggies, meet at Lake Jennings park n ride at 0530. I only intend on hitting the Pine Valley half of the trail which accounts for 10 of the caches and about 14 miles round trip.

Call me or email me by 0515.

Rats! when it rains it pours. Same day as Sandy and I promised to take Nick and Olivia to visit their caches in Santee. Sorry to miss out on that outing 'cause I understand that Jodi has set up another rest area for me.

Harmon

I had a little birdie tell me that there might be a Jeeping trip coming up on the 3rd (Saturday)! Details to follow!

Robyn :D

Was something planned?

Still in the planning stages, but we'll let you know ASAP. Probably a lifted but no lockers necessary kinda day. We'll see! I'll post as soon as I find out more details.

Robyn

I had a little birdie tell me that there might be a Jeeping trip coming up on the 3rd (Saturday)! Details to follow!

Robyn :santa:

\

Was something planned?

Still in the planning stages, but we'll let you know ASAP. Probably a lifted but no lockers necessary kinda day. We'll see! I'll post as soon as I find out more details.

Robyn

Me and YODA may miss this since he needs some maintence on the front axle, IE: new seals. :laughing: So if I'm not there YODA say's good luck JEEPS. :D

We are doing this next weekend so maybe it will be done. :)

Why couldn't have all those caches been in place when I did Tuna's mountain of the moonlit rocks

I thought I was going to die before making it to the cache

Edited by vagabond

Robyn :rolleyes:

Was something planned?

Robyn

Waiting for details - I'm a solid maybe

shortwing

Robyn :rolleyes:

Was something planned?

Robyn

shortwing

Well, it's a for-sure thing on Saturday! Woo Hoo! Looks like it will be Truckhaven after all. Not sure of the start time, though. Possibly a meet at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs @ 9:00. I will post here as soon as the details are ironed out.

Looking forward to some fun Jeeping with a little caching. We'll miss that little green Jeep and the 'Yoda as well. Hope to have you guys up and running soon!

Robyn :)

Was something planned?

Robyn

shortwing

Well, it's a for-sure thing on Saturday! Woo Hoo! Looks like it will be Truckhaven after all. Not sure of the start time, though. Possibly a meet at Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs @ 9:00. I will post here as soon as the details are ironed out.

Looking forward to some fun Jeeping with a little caching. We'll miss that little green Jeep and the 'Yoda as well. Hope to have you guys up and running soon!

If all goes well :D ..................we should get the new rear end sometime this afternoon :D:D

Splashman will be busy tomorrow all day if we get it................so, there's a glimmer of hope that we can also be there if the stars, axles, & gears align!!

Fingers crossed :D:D

Splashette

Was something planned?

Robyn

shortwing

If all goes well :D ..................we should get the new rear end sometime this afternoon :D:D

Splashman will be busy tomorrow all day if we get it................so, there's a glimmer of hope that we can also be there if the stars, axles, & gears align!!

Fingers crossed :D:D

Splashette

New rear end? Who said "New rear end?"

132caac7-592c-452c-96b0-6a0a11d5dd4f.jpg

Hi Janie, luv y' babe.

Edited by SD Rowdies