San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Would love to have you, Paul!

Robyn ;)

000201DD.gif

Oh, Mark! I guess I need to proof before I hit the send button! I'll be a little more careful next time! Still a little up in the air about Big Bear or Truckhaven. Trying to talk the hubby into Big Bear. I need 5 more for the 4X4 Challenge. I'll post when I find out more info...

Robyn :)

Looks like it's a go for Big Bear! dhsundance and I thought we'd head up the backside and grab Heart Bar Peak & Heart Bar Creek. Not too sure from there, but will research a little more tonight. Please let us know if you'd like to join us to grab some more caches for the Big Bear 4X4 Black Diamond Challenge. Might even find a few more!

Robyn ;)

Looks like it's a go for Big Bear! dhsundance and I thought we'd head up the backside and grab Heart Bar Peak & Heart Bar Creek. Not too sure from there, but will research a little more tonight. Please let us know if you'd like to join us to grab some more caches for the Big Bear 4X4 Black Diamond Challenge. Might even find a few more!

Robyn :sad:

Let me change that to a no-go for Big Bear. Sorry for such late notice, but the family calls.

Robyn ;)

:DB)B) THE GEO OCOTILLO CAMPOUT IS THIS WEEKEND B)B)

SAT. WILL START OUT WITH OUR CITO EVENT. THERE'S NOTHING QUITE LIKE PICKING UP TRASH WITH 40 OF YOUR CLOSEST CACHING FRIENDS! WE ARE PROFESSIONALS THO, WE HAVE TRASH PICKERS, HARD HATS, TRASH BAGS, AND SOME VERY TRENDY VESTS THAT YOU WILL LOVE! :)

DON'T FORGET YOUR AWARD WINNING CHILI AND DESSERTS, THEY MAY WIN YOU 50.00 !

HABU! HAS SET UP A NIGHT CACHE FOR US IN THE 'FORBIDDEN FOREST' STYLE THAT SHOULD BE WAY TOO MUCH FUN THRU THE PUCKER BUSHES AND SAND! WOOOHOOO !! :P:)

LOTS AND LOTS GOING ON..........OH, AND MAYBE SOME CACHING TOO...........

IT'S THE 'DON'T MISS' EVENT OF THE YEAR!! :(

SEE YOU THERE !

THE GEO OCOTILLO CAMPOUT CREW :D

:D:D:D THE GEO OCOTILLO CAMPOUT IS THIS WEEKEND :D:D

SAT. WILL START OUT WITH OUR CITO EVENT. THERE'S NOTHING QUITE LIKE PICKING UP TRASH WITH 40 OF YOUR CLOSEST CACHING FRIENDS! WE ARE PROFESSIONALS THO, WE HAVE TRASH PICKERS, HARD HATS, TRASH BAGS, AND SOME VERY TRENDY VESTS THAT YOU WILL LOVE! :D

DON'T FORGET YOUR AWARD WINNING CHILI AND DESSERTS, THEY MAY WIN YOU 50.00 !

HABU! HAS SET UP A NIGHT CACHE FOR US IN THE 'FORBIDDEN FOREST' STYLE THAT SHOULD BE WAY TOO MUCH FUN THRU THE PUCKER BUSHES AND SAND! WOOOHOOO !! :lol::huh:

LOTS AND LOTS GOING ON..........OH, AND MAYBE SOME CACHING TOO...........

IT'S THE 'DON'T MISS' EVENT OF THE YEAR!! B)

SEE YOU THERE !

THE GEO OCOTILLO CAMPOUT CREW ;)

Looks like it's going to be a good weekend.

Highs in the mid 80's

Lows's in the high 50's

Winds light ,15 mph Gusts at times to 25. Just enough to keep the dust down. 0002011B.gif

Looks like it's a go for Big Bear this weekend! Dhsundance and I/hubby will be heading up to hopefully finish the Big Bear Black Diamond 4X4 Challenge. Would love to have some company! Let us know if you'd like to join us. Probably leave SD around 6:30ish. Will post exact time & location prior to Sunday. We'll be heading up the backside (38) to start.

Looking forward to it!

Robyn :P

Looks like it's a go for Big Bear this weekend! Dhsundance and I/hubby will be heading up to hopefully finish the Big Bear Black Diamond 4X4 Challenge. Would love to have some company! Let us know if you'd like to join us. Probably leave SD around 6:30ish. Will post exact time & location prior to Sunday. We'll be heading up the backside (38) to start.

Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to it!

Okay, I submitted an event for 6:30pm on Friday 11/21.

It hasn't been approved yet, but it's within the 14 day limit. :P

Event ARCHIVED!

Very sorry to disappoint. I'm not coming to town after all. My class was cancelled and moved to Asheville, North Carolina, in January of next year. DOH!

Dang, I was really lookin' forward to cachin' SD and dippin' my toes in the Pacific.

If anyone wants to adopt the listing contact me ASAP. No later than sunday. I'll request it to be unarchived and mail you a small bag of my pennies to hand out at the event.

Looking forward to it!

Robyn :D

Our goal is to complete the rest of the 4x4 Challenge (GC1DZFV). I have 7 out of 10 caches/trails completed and I believe Team Reid has 5. Our plan is to do 2 caches that I have already done that are closer to the 38 (2N68Y & Pipes Canyon, 1N01- GC15BY1). This will bring both of us to 7 caches.

Then we'd like to do 1N37A Heart Bar Creek (GC15PCF) & 1N38 Heart Bar Peak (GC1DYR0).

After this it is a choice of a few trails to get the 10 cache and then onto John Bull for the final cache, time permitting. I'm thinking Burnt Flat or Horsethief Flat.

We'd love to have some jeepers (or Toyotas) come along.

Dave

It hasn't been approved yet, but it's within the 14 day limit. :)

Event ARCHIVED!

Very sorry to disappoint. I'm not coming to town after all. My class was cancelled and moved to Asheville, North Carolina, in January of next year. DOH!

Dang, I was really lookin' forward to cachin' SD and dippin' my toes in the Pacific.

If anyone wants to adopt the listing contact me ASAP. No later than sunday. I'll request it to be unarchived and mail you a small bag of my pennies to hand out at the event.

E-mail sent...

I'm planning on doing some of the puppies east on I-8 on Monday. Like those by Lake Morena or Mt. Laguna. Or those in the Cuyamacas. I have a short lull at work and I'm enjoying the puppies here in SD so much I thought I'd go rescue a few more further abroad. Anyone interested in joining me, that can also take off Monday? I usually don't plan enough in advance to get caching company, or family activities get in the way, but this time it could work, and it would be great to have company on such longer hikes! I would want to leave early and not just grab puppies, but grab some of the others on the same trail.

It's supposed to cool off a bit from today, but maybe someone more experienced with hiking some of these backcountry areas could provide some advice on whether its reasonable to hike in such heat. Maybe just a morning hike would be better.

Edited by rjbloom & co

It hasn't been approved yet, but it's within the 14 day limit. <_<

Event ARCHIVED!

The Snooganization is back on! It'll be a virtual Snooganization, alas, but we'll make it an event anyway...6:30pm on Friday 11/21.

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

Event ARCHIVED!

The Snooganization is back on! It'll be a virtual Snooganization, alas, but we'll make it an event anyway...6:30pm on Friday 11/21.

I'll put together a package of my smashed pennies and send it out tomorrow... :anibad:

Event ARCHIVED!

I'll put together a package of my smashed pennies and send it out tomorrow... :anibad:

57 Coins are on their way!

The first 43 people are guaranteed to get a coin. :blink:

Edited by Snoogans

It hasn't been approved yet, but it's within the 14 day limit. :laughing:

Event ARCHIVED!

57 Coins are on their way!

The first 43 people are guaranteed to get a coin. :rolleyes:

Anybody gonna be up all night tonight and want to go caching?

Going to save some puppies at the PCT south of Lake Morena on Friday with the geo dogs.

If you're interested in accompanying us, meet at Lake Jennings park and ride at 0745'ish, give or take 5 minutes.

I have room for two (Duncan! has shotgun).

That's about a 9-mile roundtrip hike to save 8 puppies and grab another 8 or so nearby caches.

Edited by Chuy!

Going to save some puppies at the PCT south of Lake Morena on Friday with the geo dogs.

If you're interested in accompanying us, meet at Lake Jennings park and ride at 0745'ish, give or take 5 minutes.

That's about a 9-mile roundtrip hike to save 8 puppies and grab another 8 or so nearby caches.

Y'all gonna die! ... no, wait, Chuy! might do the

entire PCT while he's at it. Sure hope nobody extends that

string of hides down into the bottom of Hauser Canyon.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Well, my PCT 1 is getting kinda lonely. :unsure:

Well, my PCT 1 is getting kinda lonely. :unsure:

Didn't realize that you adopted that cache. That's the hide that brought the Sandy Creek Cowboys down the trail from Lake Morena riding the ranch horses.

It was a long ride ending at about nine in the evening. My horse Happy slipped off the trail on the climb toward the cache, almost sending the two of us downslope into Hauser Canyon. With some lucky reining Happy found footing and scrambled back onto the trail. My two pardners didn't even notice the incident. Look at the photo gallery for that cache and see the shot I took of my two pard's logging our FTF. Also see a shot of the Sandy Creek Cowboys.

Not long after that find RoaminJoe called the ranch asking for support in his quest to hike the PCT piecemeal.

Ah yes, the good-old days of the Sandy Creek Cowboys.

Edited by SD Rowdies

It hasn't been approved yet, but it's within the 14 day limit. :D

Event ARCHIVED!

I'll put together a package of my smashed pennies and send it out tomorrow... :)

:lol: The pennies have arrived... :lol: Snoogans will be present in metallic form... :lol:

Looking forward to it!

Robyn :laughing:

Our goal is to complete the rest of the 4x4 Challenge (GC1DZFV). I have 7 out of 10 caches/trails completed and I believe Team Reid has 5. Our plan is to do 2 caches that I have already done that are closer to the 38 (2N68Y & Pipes Canyon, 1N01- GC15BY1). This will bring both of us to 7 caches.

Then we'd like to do 1N37A Heart Bar Creek (GC15PCF) & 1N38 Heart Bar Peak (GC1DYR0).

After this it is a choice of a few trails to get the 10 cache and then onto John Bull for the final cache, time permitting. I'm thinking Burnt Flat or Horsethief Flat.

We'd love to have some jeepers (or Toyotas) come along.

Dave

Well, looks like it's a go for this Saturday the 22nd. Would love to have some fellow Jeepers (or you too, John!) join us for the festivities. We'll probably leave north county at about 7:00. Will post on the forums more definite details as it gets closer...

Robyn :laughing:

I 'm going out to do Carveacre Trail / Pancake Rock..... Sun. 23 Nov. meeting on the side off the road near ....."GC10PMH" Another Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction........ meet time 7:00am departing at 7:30am

I have never been on this trail but it looks like you will need 4WD

If you would like to see what the trail looks like check out "YOU TUBE" type in ....CARVEACRE TRAIL or PANCAKE ROCK

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :laughing:

Chris / Team Duckit

Edited by Team Duckit

I 'm going out to do Carveacre Trail / Pancake Rock..... Sun. 23 Nov. meeting on the side off the road near ....."GC10PMH" Another Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction........ meet time 7:00am departing at 7:30am

If you would like to see what the trail looks like check out "YOU TUBE" type in ....CARVEACRE TRAIL or PANCAKE ROCK

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :laughing:

Chris / Team Duckit

You will want 4x4 for sure. Don't need lockers though and I made it up there fine. It may take longer than expected especially with geocaching. :( You will have fun. I am unable to go unfortunately.. Trialgators and I went in one vehicle and it was fine. You may want to airdown also to enjoy it a little more. :laughing:

I never have driven up on the rock but that looks fun too.

TA

Anybody know where the entrance to The Slime GCRKN3 is and want to do it tonight?

E-mail me upsman@cox.net or if ya have my ph# call me...If you don't know where the entrance is that is ok...We can find it...maybe.

Found the entrance and the cache....kwvers

Edited by kwvers!

I am somewhat new to SD and new to the hunt. I enjoy it a bunch but its hard to find someone to go with me. I am 29 year old male who loves the outdoors. Wow that sounds like a singles site. I dont care if you are male female, young or old just dont want to hunt alone. Prob going out this Fri. No family in town for turkey day so lets go. email me. davidarmandk@yahoo.com See you out there. I hope

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :D

Chris / Team Duckit

Wow!! The pictures for this trip looked so awesome that we're planning an encore trip this Friday, weather permitting. The Blue October will be there. Same time, same place, different date (11/28). Who else wants to go?!?

I am somewhat new to SD and new to the hunt. I enjoy it a bunch but its hard to find someone to go with me. I am 29 year old male who loves the outdoors. Wow that sounds like a singles site. I dont care if you are male female, young or old just dont want to hunt alone. Prob going out this Fri. No family in town for turkey day so lets go. email me. davidarmandk@yahoo.com See you out there. I hope

Hi Dave, welcome to San Diego.

Diego has lots for you and your Jeep. I drive a Taco, but don't mind 4X4'ing with you if you can keep up. :D Actually, I drive pretty slow 'cause I'm usually ferrying my two geo-doggies. Keep an eye out for local events; it's a good place to meet local fanatical cachers.

Cya on the trail.

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :D

Chris / Team Duckit

Wow!! The pictures for this trip looked so awesome that we're planning an encore trip this Friday, weather permitting. The Blue October will be there. Same time, same place, different date (11/28). Who else wants to go?!?

:D We're there! :D

The Splashes :D:D

Chris / Team Duckit

:D You must have all yer Christmas shopping done already! I'd love to go, but y'all are going on Black Friday!! I hope you have a great time. Mmmm, I bet those leftover turkey sandwiches will be on the menu.

Hmmm, I might be up for some caching later in the day, or maybe try one of those :D all night cache runs I've heard (and read) so much about. That sounds like fun to me! Anyone up for that? How do you manage to stay awake, tho :D ? I usually turn into a pumpkin around ... uh, 2030 hrs.

Edited by boysnbarrie

Chris / Team Duckit

:D Me and Yoda will be there. :D

:D Maybe Fattboy too :P

Chris / Team Duckit

The Splashes :D:P

:D Maybe Fattboy too :D

Do you think your toyota can make it? :D:D

TA

Chris / Team Duckit

:D We're there! :P

:D Maybe Fattboy too :D

TA

I will be there........ Again :D ......... If the Weather clears up ?? :D

Chris / Team Duckit

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :P

Chris / Team Duckit

:D Maybe Fattboy too B)

TA

Now we all know the answer to this silly question, don't we? :D:D:D

Welcome! Just so happens that there is a geocaching event on the 6th of December in Poway. It is GC1J4T7 if you'd like to look it up. It's a great way to meet other cachers. Hope to see you then!

Robyn of Team Reid :laughing:

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :o

Chris / Team Duckit

:o We're there! :o

The Splashes :DB)

:o Me and Yoda will be there. :o

B) Maybe Fattboy too B)

Do you think your toyota can make it? :laughing::D

TA

I will be there........ Again :o ......... If the Weather clears up ?? :D

Chris / Team Duckit

Yoda want's to know if the weather is going to stop the JEEPS from going tomorow? :D:D:D

TDBEAN will be going and my brother in law in a Samurai ....... The Fatcats have to work :o

Chris / Team Duckit

Wow!! The pictures for this trip looked so awesome that we're planning an encore trip this Friday, weather permitting. The Blue October will be there. Same time, same place, different date (11/28). Who else wants

to go?!?

B) We're there! B)

:o Me and Yoda will be there. :o

B) Maybe Fattboy too B)

Do you think your toyota can make it? :laughing::D

TA

I will be there........ Again B) ......... If the Weather clears up ?? :o

Chris / Team Duckit

Yoda want's to know if the weather is going to stop the JEEPS from going tomorow? :D:D:D

Naw, Jeeps love any kind of 'weather' ~ especially the MUDDY kind!!! WoooHooo!! :o

Altho, we have to admit that towing the YOTA up that hill might cause a little tire spinning!........NOT !! :o

<snip>

Yoda want's to know if the weather is going to stop the JEEPS from going tomorow? :laughing::D:D

Don't worry, John... One of the Jeeps will pull you out if you get stuck... :D

Where is the meeting area and time ......... GC10PMH is a good spot ????

Meet at Dennys Los Caches 6 am. Come see who tows who . :D:o

Also come and enjoy watching FATTBOY ride with YODA and see if he stays in the truck for the whole trail. :D:D

Edited by Team Fatman