San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

How about 7:00 a.m. at the Ramona Cafe for breakfast, or 9:00 a.m. at GCQ1AF White Matter. Hey Pat, what if we promise a few new caches along the trail to beta test? Depending on how hot it is, the hiking caches sound doable. There might be a few that would like to hike, and a few that would rather stay in the air-conditioned vehicles!

Robyn

Please sound off if you'd like to join us for breakfast. The table always seems to get longer and longer!

Looking at the maps, I'm wondering if we can head out after Palomar Divide Road on Doane Valley, hit Nate Harrison Road, then to Old Cole Grade Road. How does that sound? Is it doable?

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Robyn

P.S. I'll be swinging by Costco to pick up some lock-n-locks. Should be a fruitful day!

You can't go that way. It's blocked by a gate. You have to go down High Point or go back. High Point has some breathtaking dropoffs along the road. High Point road is very cool and could use a few caches... Edited by TrailGators

How about 7:00 a.m. at the Ramona Cafe for breakfast, or 9:00 a.m. at GCQ1AF White Matter. Hey Pat, what if we promise a few new caches along the trail to beta test? Depending on how hot it is, the hiking caches sound doable. There might be a few that would like to hike, and a few that would rather stay in the air-conditioned vehicles!

Robyn

Please sound off if you'd like to join us for breakfast. The table always seems to get longer and longer!

Looking at the maps, I'm wondering if we can head out after Palomar Divide Road on Doane Valley, hit Nate Harrison Road, then to Old Cole Grade Road. How does that sound? Is it doable?

Robyn

P.S. I'll be swinging by Costco to pick up some lock-n-locks. Should be a fruitful day!

Robyn........ I think one of Chuy's caches .....GCQ1AT.... is as far south on the trail as you can go driving.

it sound like there is a gate with no passage threw near that cache???

I think we should just keep heading north towards,....... Aguange.... at cache ...GCQ5YV.... what do you guys think ????

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Robyn

Robyn

Robyn........ I think one of Chuy's caches .....GCQ1AT.... is as far south on the trail as you can go driving.

I think we should just keep heading north towards,....... Aguange.... at cache ...GCQ5YV.... what do you guys think ????

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

That is correct. The road is blocked at GCQ1AT and so you have to take High Point to GCQ5YV.

Robyn

Robyn

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

That is correct. The road is blocked at GCQ1AT and so you have to take High Point to GCQ5YV.

I second Pat's comment, locked road gates force you to follow High Point Road to Aguanga or return on Palomar Divide Road. Robyn contacted me for instructions and I provided details including a Google View image of the intersections between Palomar Divide Road and High Point Road, and between High Point Road and Oak Grove Road.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Careful if you decide to use Oak Grove. There is a gate near where High Point and Oak Grove roads meet that is sometimes locked. If it is, you're not stuck as the High Point Road always seems to be open. There are a couple of caches on High Point at the north end close to where it runs into 79 South.

I was up on the north stretch of Palomar Divide a couple of weeks ago doing the new caches and the road is not as great as it was when newly graded. It is now in a condition similar to why Chuy and Duncan did the original caches in Chuy's old Corolla. :huh:

Thank you for all of the suggestions, everyone! Looks like it will turn out to be a real fun day. Bummer that a few of you can't make it. We'll place a few "cookies" out there for you all for another trip.

See you at the Ramona Cafe @ 7:00!

Robyn

Me and SKILLET will be at the cafe for breakfast. See ya there.

Thank you for all of the suggestions, everyone! Looks like it will turn out to be a real fun day. Bummer that a few of you can't make it. We'll place a few "cookies" out there for you all for another trip.

Robyn

Turns out Mom has to do inventory at work Saturday, so I have an open seat if anyone wants a ride...

Just wondering what the Palomar Divide road is like? Looks like fun and a possible run soon?

Robyn

Duncan! and I made it up to the gate at the fire tower lookout in my 1989 Corolla. Only hit bottom once and only 'cause I was going a little too fast. That was about two years ago; I have no idea how smooth or holey the fire road is these days. My White Matter cache marks the fire road entrance. Don't know if there is another entrance point for the public.

Time is getting short. Those that are bringing Chili or a Dessert need to let us know (planning).

Those that have something to donate for the Raffle, again let us know so we can post it on the Event page.

Three Port a potties are on order.

6th annual Geo Ocotillo Campout Contact any of the Campout out crew listed on the Event page to get your Entry/Donation added to the page. 000201F9.gif

FIRST PRIZE FOR THE CHILI IS $50.00 0002011B.gif

Robyn

Robyn

I want to join in on the fun.....does anyone have an open seat in their vehicle?

Robyn

Sounds fun Robin.. I should be able to make it there for a day of fun. I may have my kids with me. :laughing:

Paul

Robyn

TDBEAN & Steve ............will be there at 7:00

I seems that it is suppose to rain tomorrow.. :laughing:

Robyn

I seems that it is suppose to rain tomorrow.. :blink:

:) Better put your top on :laughing:

Robyn

I seems that it is suppose to rain tomorrow.. :P

:) Better put your top on :)

Nothin more fun than riding in water.. :) Unfortunately, I was reminded that I promised someone I would help them tomorrow morning. So I wont be able to wake up at 5:30am to get to Ramona. :)

TA

Robyn

Robyn

I want to join in on the fun.....does anyone have an open seat in their vehicle?

The Fat Cats do.

Robyn

Robyn

The Fat Cats do.

:) Canadian Grl took the open seat...see you all bright and early tomorrow! :P

Robyn

Robyn

The Fat Cats do.

:blink: Canadian Grl took the open seat...see you all bright and early tomorrow! :D

Just got home from Palomar with a great bunch of cachers.

For some unknow reason Robyn Team Reid would stop and run to the bushes with something in here hand then return without it. Only time will tell what see was doing. I beleive it was 6 or 7 times.

I'm tired so that's it. Again thanks Robyn for posting this fun run.

Oyea again the Toyota shined with all of the jeeps. :laughing::lol::P:D

P.S. Nobody died.

Edited by Team Fatman

<snip>

For some unknow reason Robyn Team Reid would stop and run to the bushes with something in here hand then return without it. Only time will tell what see was doing. I beleive it was 6 or 7 times.

Oyea again the Toyota shined with all of the jeeps. :blink::D:laughing::lol:

P.S. Nobody died.

Harmon, do you want this one or shall I take it?

Edited by M2

<snip>

Oyea again the Toyota shined with all of the jeeps. :laughing::lol::P:D

P.S. Nobody died.

Harmon, do you want this one or shall I take it?

It's all yours. Harmon is on the road going on vaction. :blink::D

Anyone up for dhsundance's GC14XWK CC #3? Looks like it will be a definite "locked and lifted" kinda trip. We were planning on this Sunday (19th). It is in the Corral Canyon OHV area. So far we have the Fat Cats joining us.

Anyone?

Robyn of Team Reid :laughing:

Robyn ..........You and Sue need to look at this video on "YOU TUBE"

when you do your search on YOU TUBE web site, type this in the search area .........

............4x4 Corral Canyon Bronco Part 1..........

and set back and watch the video :ph34r: .............. this is Bronco peak area.................

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Anyone up for dhsundance's GC14XWK CC #3? Looks like it will be a definite "locked and lifted" kinda trip. We were planning on this Sunday (19th). It is in the Corral Canyon OHV area. So far we have the Fat Cats joining us.

Anyone?

Robyn of Team Reid :)

when you do your search on YOU TUBE web site, type this in the search area .........

and set back and watch the video :anibad: .............. this is Bronco peak area.................

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Hmmm....a bit knarly, isn't it! :ph34r::laughing:

Anyone?

Robyn of Team Reid :D

and set back and watch the video :D .............. this is Bronco peak area.................

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Hmmm....a bit knarly, isn't it! :):D

I just watched parts 1,2,and 3. You may need to add to Locked-Lifted and no crying.

That stump looks big.

I am game but I need to fix my leaking power steering first.

Maybe a Jeeping 3 event. :ph34r::laughing::anibad:

Anyone?

Robyn of Team Reid :D

and set back and watch the video :D .............. this is Bronco peak area.................

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Hmmm....a bit knarly, isn't it! :):D

I just watched parts 1,2,and 3. You may need to add to Locked-Lifted and no crying.

That stump looks big.

Maybe a Jeeping 3 event. :ph34r::laughing::anibad:

Woo Hoo!

Loved those videos! Sue's right, pretty knarly. Did you see the damage on the XJ? Wowsers! I guess that's why we have body armour. If all the planets align correctly, maybe we'll still go. If not, there are a bazillion other off-roading trails to choose from!

Robyn :D

Anyone?

Robyn of Team Reid B)

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Hmmm....a bit knarly, isn't it! :P:D

That stump looks big.

Maybe a Jeeping 3 event. :););)

Woo Hoo!

Loved those videos! Sue's right, pretty knarly. Did you see the damage on the XJ? Wowsers! I guess that's why we have body armour. If all the planets align correctly, maybe we'll still go. If not, there are a bazillion other off-roading trails to choose from!

Well, we're still in for tomorrow for Bronco Peak. Still not sure of the starting time, so I will post when I find out. Not too early - maybe 9ish? at Buckman Springs.

Looking forward to it!

Anyone?

Robyn of Team Reid B)

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Hmmm....a bit knarly, isn't it! :P:D

That stump looks big.

Maybe a Jeeping 3 event. :););)

Woo Hoo!

Well, we're still in for tomorrow for Bronco Peak. Still not sure of the starting time, so I will post when I find out. Not too early - maybe 9ish? at Buckman Springs.

Looking forward to it!

9:00 a.m. it is at the Buckman Springs Rest Stop. So far we have Team Reid, dhsundance, The Fat Cats, and shortwing. Please let us know if you'd like to join us so we don't miss you!

Robyn

Just wanted to thank dhsundance (& Christine), shortwing, & The Fat Cats for an incredible day of Jeepin'! It was definitely a "pucker factor" run - not for the faint of heart. Luckily our group had no casualties and minimal body damage. The body armor on the other hand took a major beating! Pics to follow soon. I'm sure there will be another run up Bronco Peak soon.

Robyn of Team Reid :anicute:

Just wanted to thank dhsundance (& Christine), shortwing, & The Fat Cats for an incredible day of Jeepin'! It was definitely a "pucker factor" run - not for the faint of heart. Luckily our group had no casualties and minimal body damage. The body armor on the other hand took a major beating! Pics to follow soon. I'm sure there will be another run up Bronco Peak soon.

Robyn of Team Reid :anicute:

2958480872_038c509cb9_m.jpg

2958450628_7a399d4084_m.jpg

2958476498_65dee0aa61_m.jpg

Great weather, caching, & friends. The wheelin' was pretty good too! I've got 2 videos that I'll be trying to figure on how to load soon.

Dave

Possible run to Truckhaven on Saturday. Not much caching, but a lot of off-roading! It will definitely be a locked & lifted kinda day. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Robyn :rolleyes:

I probably won't be able to join you on this run. I already did a Truckhaven run this year in late September. It was roasting that day so we didn't spend too much time on the trails. There are a lot of road closures in the Truckhaven area. I'll try to post up a map of our route that day. This route is useful since we pretty much traveled on the eastern border of the block of area that is now closed off. We did find some signs that had no official designation listed on it. We were not sure if these were signs placed by environmental yahoos who placed these here themselves with no actual authority. Truckhaven is becoming a battleground in the fight for access for offroaders.

Dave

Possible run to Truckhaven on Saturday. Not much caching, but a lot of off-roading! It will definitely be a locked & lifted kinda day. Let me know if you'd like to join us.

Will Splashette be coming with her lawnmower? :o

The 'Red Baron' is in the shop right now getting the 6" lift w/38" All Terrains put on! ;):D

Splashette :D

The 'Red Baron' is in the shop right now getting the 6" lift w/38" All Terrains put on! ;):D

I can't make it this weekend. I need to work on some things around the shop.

steve

In the 'shop means that Harmon is making those mods for you... :D

Robyn ;)

Locked eh? I guess that would exclude me.. :o

Well.... lockers aren't necessary, just helpful in some situations. Still up in the air as to whether or not we will be going. Possibly a Big Bear run instead. Not sure. Would love to have you, Paul!

Robyn :laughing:

Locked eh? I guess that would exclude me.. :yikes:

Well.... lockers aren't necessary, just helpful in some situations. Still up in the air as to whether or not we will be going. Possibly a Big Bear run instead. Not sure. Would love to have you, Paul!

Robyn :laughing:

Big Bear would be nice, Sat or Sun? I've got 3 more Black Diamond trails to get for the Big Bear 4x4 Challenge.