San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

If anyone happens to be off on Thursday and wants to do some caching drop me a email. I don't mind hiking or riding the bicycle. Home Base is the Chula Vista area.

I'm off on Thursday and would love to go hike. I have a bike but I doubt there is even air in the tires. Have you done the area aound Skillet's Delight caches? I've been hitting caches in teh south but have a lot more to go. I'm sure we can find an area where both of us would be satisfied.

Dave

Maybe I should have done the hike thing I biked the bay loop and was shook down my the Po-Po twice....man I got to start dressing better..

anybody bored and need to get outta the house tomorrow (Friday)? Teacher off on summer break needs friend for caching adventure. willing to cache almost anywhere.

:D School bus driver (wishing she was off on summer break :P ) seeks to geocache Friday morning between 9am-11:30am. Yeah, I know that's not much time ... but the wheels on the bus go round n' round for summer school.

anybody bored and need to get outta the house tomorrow (Friday)? Teacher off on summer break needs friend for caching adventure. willing to cache almost anywhere.

Teaching is a great profession for cachers. The entire summer is off but it's tough when it's too hot to go hiking. I'll head out with you on Friday.

9am to 11:30am is my favorite time to geocache. where do you want to go? have you done pt. loma area?duncan's caches and a couple of u2u as well as puzzles? Balboa park? mission bay area? perhaps a trip through allied gardens to lake murray?

drop me a line and i'll send phone number. i should be up by 7am and getting geared up to take on u2u.

I wanted to make a final shameless plug for two events in Lake Tahoe next weekend:

6/28 & 6/29

Strike Gold In The Blue World! 2008 GC1AHKP

starting at the South Lake Tahoe Embassy Suites

6/28

Strike Gold In The Blue World Meet & Greet GC1D7Z7

at Murphy's Bar and Grill

Last year there were over 10,000.00 in prizes given away in the Sunday afternoon raffle at the geocaching event. Things like weekend stays at the Lake Tahoe hotels, concert tickets, dinner cruises, etc. Food and beverage were also included in the celebration!

This is a great weekend to visit South Lake Tahoe. The caching event is over two days (you don't have to do both days). I know HABU!'s team is placing a bunch of new caches and there are tons there already. This is for newbies and experienced cachers alike. A few San Diego cachers attended last year. Jodi and recommend this one!! :unsure:

Edited by jahoadi and john
I wanted to make a final shameless plug for two events in Lake Tahoe next weekend:

6/28 & 6/29

6/28

Last year there were over 10,000.00 in prizes given away in the Sunday afternoon raffle at the geocaching event. Things like weekend stays at the Lake Tahoe hotels, concert tickets, dinner cruises, etc. Food and beverage were also included in the celebration!

:D I made a mistake when I said this was tied to Opening day at the lake. That actually happened this past weekend (I know cuz I was stuck in traffic Saturday). The caching event (two days) is now not on the same weekend. 28 and 29 June. I spent Sunday with Habu! scouting places for him and his team to place caches. We also did some cache maintenance on some of his caches from last year! I didn't realize this was a chamber of commerce sanctioned event. It will be good folks and again I recommend doing it..... Pass the word!!! Traffic won't be as bad as I thought! There is also a meet and greet event at a restaurant/pub Saturday night. :D

6/28 & 6/29

6/28

:D I made a mistake when I said this was tied to Opening day at the lake. That actually happened this past weekend (I know cuz I was stuck in traffic Saturday). The caching event (two days) is now not on the same weekend. 28 and 29 June. I spent Sunday with Habu! scouting places for him and his team to place caches. We also did some cache maintenance on some of his caches from last year! I didn't realize this was a chamber of commerce sanctioned event. It will be good folks and again I recommend doing it..... Pass the word!!! Traffic won't be as bad as I thought! There is also a meet and greet event at a restaurant/pub Saturday night. :D

I was planning on going to meet up with Travelin' Gnomes from Placerville, but Trekker Daughter just left for Europe and I've been out of town too many times lately. Time to get some work done around the house. I keep saying I'll go the next time, but really, the next time I will go. This will be the third time I'll miss this event. Travelin' Gnomes say it is reallly fun. PQGT

Edited by PQGeoTrekkers

This is probably not too appealing, but does any North County/Scripps Ranch area cacher want to visit two caches tomorrow? I'm planning to do "Ghost of Cypress Creek" (subterranean multi) and "Waterfall Source" (micro in a marsh, owner is incommunicado, hasn't been found for ~a year).

Like I said, not real appealing, but since Mrs. BadSquirrel is out of town,I'm doing all the non-family-friendly caches close to home.

PM me if interested...though I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers!

Does anyone out in the lakeside, santee, east county area want to go caching either the 8th, or 9th. My brother has class both those days and it would be nice to find some caches with other cachers. Actually it doesn't really matter if your from est county we'll just have to meet up somewhere.

This is just a head's up for anyone who perhaps is unaware of the event for halftrack guy tomorrow night. I would love for people to come and show their support. Thank you, and pass the word.

Go here for the info: GC1DJ2N

Hope to see ya there,

:rolleyes: boysnbarrie

I will bew there, Jabridge will be there, and maybe bigdaddy5

I'm making a run to the Tecate Peak Caches tomorro morning.

I have room for, probably, 2 (waiting to hear from a cacher), but I'll have to meet you at/on N32 37.888 W116 45.855, Marron Valley Rd and Campo Road, 'cause I'll be headed that way to work on the way back.

Meet around 0815 at that location.

1DYBZ is not on the map, but I just updated those coords.

3efda8ab-086c-485d-af40-4d85341705e4.jpg

Hello San Diego Geocachers! boysnbarrie and I will be doing a few caches in the Border Field State Park area, with a focus of getting GC12BHH, on Saturday the 19th. We'll be meeting up at the Starbucks off the intersection of Palm & Saturn at around o'dark-thirty (just kidding, more like 0600). We'll pack a lunch, the park is pretty well seeded with caches, and there is a nice rest area to the west on the beach that would be great for the end of the trip, if you want to join us there for lunch (there's a cache there, too!). The hike will vary from two-star to four-star terrain, so be careful how you pack and who comes with. After lunch, we'll see what else is leftin the park, and go from there. See ya'll on Saturday!

The Rosarito to Ensenada bike ride is September 27th (a Saturday). Register this weekend and get $5 off the registration fee of $35.

Come join me for a challenging but scenic and self-rewarding ride! Plus, there be caches! 4 along the bike route, and about 3 or 4 in Ensenada.

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :laughing:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it ;) ;) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

I use outback-adventures for my transportation needs. I meet them in Balboa Park, and they transport riders and their bikes to Rosarito, and pick us up in Ensenada. They provide a "continental" breakfast, and all you can drink cerveza at the finish. Can't beat that!

rosens_r2_c01.gif

The Rosarito to Ensenada bike ride is September 27th (a Saturday). Register this weekend and get $5 off the registration fee of $35.

Come join me for a challenging but scenic and self-rewarding ride! Plus, there be caches! 4 along the bike route, and about 3 or 4 in Ensenada.

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :laughing:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it ;) ;) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

I use outback-adventures for my transportation needs. I meet them in Balboa Park, and they transport riders and their bikes to Rosarito, and pick us up in Ensenada. They provide a "continental" breakfast, and all you can drink cerveza at the finish. Can't beat that!

rosens_r2_c01.gif

Hey! put me on that completion-list too. I've done that ride, Tecate to Ensenada several times, Mexicali to San Felipe many times, and Tecate to Cabo San Lucas. Also was an organizer for some of those rides.

Of course you understand that I did those rides just after the bicycle was invented.

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :anibad:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it ;):laughing: : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

;) I have a bike you could ride and donate. It's hydrid I bought in Australia so you might have to ride on the wrong side of the road. You'd have to take a look and see what needs to be done to it to make it work..maybe just some air in the tires and WD40.

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :)

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :huh::) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

:huh: I have a bike you could ride and donate. It's hydrid I bought in Australia so you might have to ride on the wrong side of the road. You'd have to take a look and see what needs to be done to it to make it work..maybe just some air in the tires and WD40.

Yep!! I'm going again this Sept! For the post event food and beer!! :)

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :)

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :huh::) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

:) I have a bike you could ride and donate. It's hydrid I bought in Australia so you might have to ride on the wrong side of the road. You'd have to take a look and see what needs to be done to it to make it work..maybe just some air in the tires and WD40.

Yep!! I'm going again this Sept! For the post event food and beer!! :huh:

:) If Lostguy goes, I'll go. I can catch him on the uphills....the downhills I'll never see him, but it might all even out. :)

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :huh:

rosens_r2_c01.gif

:) I have a bike you could ride and donate. It's hydrid I bought in Australia so you might have to ride on the wrong side of the road. You'd have to take a look and see what needs to be done to it to make it work..maybe just some air in the tires and WD40.

Yep!! I'm going again this Sept! For the post event food and beer!! :)

:) If Lostguy goes, I'll go. I can catch him on the uphills....the downhills I'll never see him, but it might all even out. :)

I think you can count me in too!

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :D

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :D:D : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

:o I have a bike you could ride and donate. It's hydrid I bought in Australia so you might have to ride on the wrong side of the road. You'd have to take a look and see what needs to be done to it to make it work..maybe just some air in the tires and WD40.

Yep!! I'm going again this Sept! For the post event food and beer!! :D

:D If Lostguy goes, I'll go. I can catch him on the uphills....the downhills I'll never see him, but it might all even out. :D

What is this anyway?

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :D

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :o:D : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

:D I have a bike you could ride and donate. It's hydrid I bought in Australia so you might have to ride on the wrong side of the road. You'd have to take a look and see what needs to be done to it to make it work..maybe just some air in the tires and WD40.

Yep!! I'm going again this Sept! For the post event food and beer!! :D

:D If Lostguy goes, I'll go. I can catch him on the uphills....the downhills I'll never see him, but it might all even out. :D

What is this anyway?

The short version - ride your bike for 50 miles and have a huge party at the end. (with some caches along the way)

Here is another bike ride closer to home, The San Diego Midnight Madness Bike Ride is August 16th. It's 20 fun and easy miles From the County Admin Building (near the Star of India) to Harbor Island, Shelter Island, Old Town and back. Olivia!, my 12 yr old, and I have ridden it on a tandem the past two years. Should be a fun ride after the Same Place, Different Location Event.

I have extra bikes if anyone needs one. Same thing goes for the Rosarito to Ensenada ride.

mm2008small.GIF

Who is going to Big Bear for the event? B.R.A will again be hosting an open house/happy hour after the event! Hope to see you there!

I may be finally making it to my first BB Cache Bash. Steve Dillon and I were just up there recently hitting a bunch of caches, but there is still a bunch more to do. I'd also consider doing the rest of the Big Bear 4x4 Black Diamond Challenge caches GC1DZFV that the SlabyFam and Ruscal got the FTF on.

Do I want numbers or adventure?

Edited by dhsundance

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :rolleyes:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :lol:B) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

I'm all signed up for the bike ride and the bus (6:00 PM return. Is that what you guys got?). I ordered a new passport just because I want to hear the guy say "Your papers please" in a German accent, but that probably won't happen. I even got a new bike...a Gary Fisher hybrid.

I'm really looking forward to those homemade fish tacos (I hope they still make those) and cervezas.

My new ride:

97b55d34-3d9e-4ab5-b7be-b79325fa03fc.jpg

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :rolleyes:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :lol:B) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

I'm all signed up for the bike ride and the bus (6:00 PM return. Is that what you guys got?). I ordered a new passport just because I want to hear the guy say "Your papers please" in a German accent, but that probably won't happen. I even got a new bike...a Gary Fisher hybrid.

I'm really looking forward to those homemade fish tacos (I hope they still make those) and cervezas.

My new ride:

Do you need a passport or can you get by with an a drivers license and birth certificate?

rosens_r2_c01.gif

My new ride:

Do you need a passport or can you get by with an a drivers license and birth certificate?

The DL and birth certificate will work. I just wanted to get a passport because I'm hoping to will the lottery and start seeing the world. I guess I'll have to actually play the lottery now :cool:

rosens_r2_c01.gif

My new ride:

The DL and birth certificate will work. I just wanted to get a passport because I'm hoping to will the lottery and start seeing the world. I guess I'll have to actually play the lottery now :cool:

I thought when you got to the border you could just say, "Soy un ciudadano de los Estados Unidos."

I thought when you got to the border you could just say, "Soy un ciudadano de los Estados Unidos."

I had to look this up :rolleyes:B)

:lol: ..and you've lived here you entire life? With the exception of "soy" it is actually very close to English. Anyhow, I think my joke was lost in translation.... :cool: Edited by TrailGators

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it B):lol: : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

My new ride:

How am I gonna keep up with you on that? Is it new or used? Sure looks new to me. I will sign up today...6pm bus also. Maybe there will be new caches in Ensenada...

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it B):lol: : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

My new ride:

How am I gonna keep up with you on that? Is it new or used? Sure looks new to me. I will sign up today...6pm bus also. Maybe there will be new caches in Ensenada...

There's at least one more new one by Chuy! since the last time I was there.GC1BEBX

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :huh:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :):) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

rosens_r2_c01.gif

My new ride:

O.K. it looks like I'll be signing up also so Jodi has at least one person she can beat to the finish line.

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :):) : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

My new ride:

There's at least one more new one by Chuy! since the last time I was there.GC1BEBX

Nice bike Jerry. I'd bring my hybrid, but I'll be looking at Jodi's bike offer.

I'll take the 6p bus also. Last April, Ken was still providing the tasty fish tacos, and as always, complimentary Pacifo's and Corona's.

Birth cert and ID (Ca driver license) is acceptable at the border, but expect long delays returning to the US. It may help to bring a DVD player or mp3 player.

Remember, the September ride can be a warm one; hydrate well before the ride and you should be OK with 60 oz of water during the ride.

I got a location hint for that Chaos cache we DNF'ed last time. And I have that new one, Star of the Sea. Also, will be bringing a cache for a location I scouted last time.

I received a call (finally) from halftrack guy today. He made it to Fort Jackson, completed Reception, and will leave Reception sometime tomorrow. He will be assigned to his platoon company sometime later that day. That is when he will know his address. He hopes to get a chance to call me very soon.

His call today was very brief, and he was only allowed the call in order to get some information for his security clearance. The only other info he was able to tell me was that he'll be with the River Raiders, he likes his Drill Sergeants, and he's with a good group of guys. He also said he misses everyone, but that he's doing very well, "I'm excelling, Mom," were his exact words. I hope to have his addy within a few more days for those of you who wish to write to him, or know someone who does.

Thanks again to all of you who came to the "Halftrack Guy!!! Yer in the ARMY now?" Event. Do you still have those postage paid postcards ready? ;)

I received a call (finally) from halftrack guy today. He made it to Fort Jackson, completed Reception, and will leave Reception sometime tomorrow. He will be assigned to his platoon company sometime later that day. That is when he will know his address. He hopes to get a chance to call me very soon.

His call today was very brief, and he was only allowed the call in order to get some information for his security clearance. The only other info he was able to tell me was that he'll be with the River Raiders, he likes his Drill Sergeants, and he's with a good group of guys. He also said he misses everyone, but that he's doing very well, "I'm excelling, Mom," were his exact words. I hope to have his addy within a few more days for those of you who wish to write to him, or know someone who does.

Thanks again to all of you who came to the "Halftrack Guy!!! Yer in the ARMY now?" Event. Do you still have those postage paid postcards ready? ;)

Oh yea i do!

If anyone has a bike they'd like to donate to charity, let me know. I will ride it in the event and present it to the organizers in Ensenada. It should be a multi-speed so I won't have to walk the hills. :anibad:

Cachers that have ridden in the past - and are still alive to talk about it :):D : map4navigation, Toby's Gang, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john.

My new ride:

Nice bike Jerry. I'd bring my hybrid, but I'll be looking at Jodi's bike offer.

I'll take the 6p bus also. Last April, Ken was still providing the tasty fish tacos, and as always, complimentary Pacifo's and Corona's.

Birth cert and ID (Ca driver license) is acceptable at the border, but expect long delays returning to the US. It may help to bring a DVD player or mp3 player.

Remember, the September ride can be a warm one; hydrate well before the ride and you should be OK with 60 oz of water during the ride.

I got a location hint for that Chaos cache we DNF'ed last time. And I have that new one, Star of the Sea. Also, will be bringing a cache for a location I scouted last time.

If anyone else is thinking of doing this ride, now is the time. I got this in a newsletter today:

"The Rosarito Ensenada 50 Mile Fun Bicycle Ride has enjoyed a history spanning almost 30 years and has been an icon among cycling events around the world. But the decrease in Baja tourism has reduced attendance to about 5,000 riders: our financial break-even point.

We have decided that this next ride on September 27, 2008, will be our last..."