San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

204ae7ae-30e2-4481-bf16-3c9cf7e2f96b.jpg

Here's the lowdown on the location of SCCC #3. When first placed it was harder to reach than now.

Even so several Geocachers have scaled the walls to score the find, starting with TT. Later on high

winds blew the piece of tin roofing away that harbored the container. We refitted the hide and now

easier wall-scaling is needed to make the find; however, it makes sense to use a ladder because it

is a safer approach.

Safe? Who needs safe? Spiderman up the wall and then balance act across it. Or you could do what ThePolarBear and I did at I Like Magnets 2 and have one person stand on the shoulders of the other person....

Ho-hum, its been done a number of ways.

2e64d2fe-58e4-4de5-9898-15c5456909e2.jpg

148063c6-4e18-4c3c-812c-7afd25a68367.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

Team Fatman Stuck,,, but it was the side FATTBOY was on

88443de4-60cc-4e1f-83e4-8c30a8962a00.jpg5003c828-754a-4953-8ffe-30392883a9ae.jpg

Jeeps to the rescue 00020148.gif

I'm sorry I missed this. Did someone at least try and go down that same hill in their Jeep? BTW ; John aka Team Fatman......my husband made some special stickers for you. Really cool.....so..... should I debut the design here? :D

88443de4-60cc-4e1f-83e4-8c30a8962a00.jpg5003c828-754a-4953-8ffe-30392883a9ae.jpg

I'm sorry I missed this. Did someone at least try and go down that same hill in their Jeep? BTW ; John aka Team Fatman......my husband made some special stickers for you. Really cool.....so..... should I debut the design here? :D

No jeeps followed me after getting turned around. Ask Robyn AKA Team Reid about the wall that I climbed earlier in my truck with Fattboy in the cab. But Paul AKA Team Adelos did try and to climb a shorter wall but he had to go sideways to make it up. Go to M2s SDGeocachers.org to see the photos of me stuck and the ones of paul and me. Yes I want to see what John has designed.

Edited by Team Fatman

Looks like a group will be heading out to do the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday. We'll probably stop for breakfast at the Denny's at Los Coches in El Cajon at 7:00, and be heading out east by 8:15. Sorry for the early start, but we need to make it to the going away party for da beave! If anyone has a telescoping ladder, please bring!

Robyn :anibad:

La Posta Truck Trail, up Morris Ranch Rd, and back down Fred Canyon Rd? Is Fred Canyon drivable all the way to 8? I remember when we were out there last time and we turned around at the top (past the gate) to come down they way we entered. Did not know if that was a must. Don't think I can make it, but those caches are great!

TA

Looks like a group will be heading out to do the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday. We'll probably stop for breakfast at the Denny's at Los Coches in El Cajon at 7:00, and be heading out east by 8:15. Sorry for the early start, but we need to make it to the going away party for da beave! If anyone has a telescoping ladder, please bring!

La Posta Truck Trail, up Morris Ranch Rd, and back down Fred Canyon Rd? Is Fred Canyon drivable all the way to 8? I remember when we were out there last time and we turned around at the top (past the gate) to come down they way we entered. Did not know if that was a must. Don't think I can make it, but those caches are great!

TA

Is this a 4x4 outing or a hike?...just curious.

TA

You drive to the SC caches. I hope it stays cool because I'd like to get out for a little hike!

TA

You drive to the SC caches. I hope it stays cool because I'd like to get out for a little hike!

Most likely you will find the Fred Canyon and Kitchen Creek road gates closed and locked. Reason being to control illegal traffic trying to bypass the checkpoints.

Edited by SD Rowdies

TA

Yes indeed, all but SCCC #1 can be reached on graded dirt road in your Uncle Ralph's Buick Roadmaster. N0.1 is a hike on the PCT of about 2.5 miles round-trip but really easy on a horse.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I'm sorry I missed this. Did someone at least try and go down that same hill in their Jeep? BTW ; John aka Team Fatman......my husband made some special stickers for you. Really cool.....so..... should I debut the design here? :anibad:

I would like to see the sticker ???

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

TA

Yes indeed, all but SCCC #1 can be reached on graded dirt road in your Uncle Ralph's Buick Roadmaster. N0.1 is a hike on the PCT of about 2.5 miles round-trip but really easy on a horse.

That is a nice hike. :grin:

Robyn :anitongue:

OK, time for roll call! We would like to know who will be at Denny's @ 7:00 and who's showing up in the parking lot @ 8:15 for the carpool out east. If you can't make either, just show up at #3 @ 9:00. Please post if you'll be bringing the ladder!

OK, time for roll call! We would like to know who will be at Denny's @ 7:00 and who's showing up in the parking lot @ 8:15 for the carpool out east. If you can't make either, just show up at #3 @ 9:00. Please post if you'll be bringing the ladder!

6c9c7de3-eb80-4af2-9a38-a50033c0dc8b.jpg

I knew you would have something for me.

Hey !!!! Harmon what did you do with my Jeep :anitongue:

That new Jeep of yours is in the Bengal Province of India. I traded it

in on that home-made jalopy I saw in LLOT's photos from India.

Your Jeep has been stripped for parts that have already been recycled

into curtain rods that are now headed for the U.S.A. aboard a container

ship.

All things are possible wih Photoshop CS3.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Robyn ;)

We'll be at Denny's at 7:00 but no ladder. See you all then - Mike, Pat, Nestle. :anitongue:

We can't make it this time, but have a great time! We will be at the evening event though with everybody.

TA

We can't make it this time, but have a great time! We will be at the evening event though with everybody.

TA

I'll be there at 0700 but only for coffee, have done them all, but would like to do them again but have to go to my daughters work open house . 00020287.gif

I'm sorry I missed this. Did someone at least try and go down that same hill in their Jeep? BTW ; John aka Team Fatman......my husband made some special stickers for you. Really cool.....so..... should I debut the design here? :laughing:

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Here 'tis folks ...

84e9400e-760f-4f45-acaf-9edd9dfd4383.jpg

Team Fatman will add the details about receiving this great graphic.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I'm sorry I missed this. Did someone at least try and go down that same hill in their Jeep? BTW ; John aka Team Fatman......my husband made some special stickers for you. Really cool.....so..... should I debut the design here? :laughing:

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Here 'tis folks ...

Tean Fatman will add the details about receiving this great graphic.

This is all thanks to John, Paulette AKA Team Geogeeks husbands doing.

I read the post they wrote and e-mailed here back after she sent it to me to view and I told her it looks great and I feel honored. Will be visiting with them tomorrow after work to pick them up.

Thanks Harmon for posting this for me. Hope you all like it as much as I do.

Robyn <_<

Robyn :laughing:

TA

I'll be there at 0700 but only for coffee, have done them all, but would like to do them again but have to go to my daughters work open house . 00020287.gif

We will see ya at Denny's!

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Here 'tis folks ...

I read the post they wrote and e-mailed here back after she sent it to me to view and I told her it looks great and I feel honored. Will be visiting with them tomorrow after work to pick them up.

Awesome graphic, John..........looks just like you! Kathy

Robyn <_<

Robyn :laughing:

Mom and I will be at Denny's at 7am. Sorry, we don't have a ladder.

Robyn :lol:

Robyn :lol:

Robyn...... "Superdave" has a ladder hidden very close to cache area, I used it when I did the cache, it is in the bushes back behind the building .........walk threw the building right out the back door, head towards the tree line but don't go that far, as you head that way, veer to the left about half way between building and tree line, start looking in the bushes

or contact Dave he use to have the Cord's ???

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Edited by Team Duckit

I'm sorry I missed this. Did someone at least try and go down that same hill in their Jeep? BTW ; John aka Team Fatman......my husband made some special stickers for you. Really cool.....so..... should I debut the design here? :lol:

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

Here 'tis folks ...

Awesome graphic, John..........looks just like you! Kathy

I LIKE IT !!!!.....................

Hiking Offer to Goat Peak:

Turnaround cache: Rocky Peak, GC16WMG in Poway.

Meet Sunday, April 13 at 0700 at end of Quiet Valley Ln, N32 57.667 W116 59.804

Approx 1.5 miles and 1200 total elevation gain (170 loss) going up (i.e. one-way).

070d80dd-480b-4b33-82e6-66b75c94da70.jpg

Approx 1.5 miles and 1200 total elevation gain (170 loss) going up (i.e. one-way).

Sounds like fun. I'm sure John will want to join you.

I've been wanting to do these so I may join you too.

What about Gecko Stairmaster? Have you already done those?

Robyn :D

Robyn...... "Superdave" has a ladder hidden very close to cache area, I used it when I did the cache, it is in the bushes back behind the building .........walk threw the building right out the back door, head towards the tree line but don't go that far, as you head that way, veer to the left about half way between building and tree line, start looking in the bushes

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

I dont know anything about a ladder hidden in the bushes!! :lol::P

I did read somewhere you can use these coords :lol::D

N32 46.129 W116 29.531

or

ladder #1 N32 46.133 W116 29.537

ladder #2 N32 46.131 W116 29.532

Let me know what set works the best - Enjoy.

Robyn :D

Robyn :P

Chris / TEAM DUCKIT

I dont know anything about a ladder hidden in the bushes!! :lol::D

N32 46.129 W116 29.531

or

I'm going to try to do these too. Most likely I'll be at #3 @ 9. I'll know more later.

Edited by Toby's Gang

Just a reminder about tomorrows event

Farewell to the da beave - GC1A94N

This time we have a name!! - It's time to say good bye to da beave (Beth). She is headed to Minnesota, known to Southern Californians as the ICE BOX.

If you have any photos, please post them or contact me for an email address.

Bring any travel bugs/coins that you want to send with her.

Come out and enjoy a night with all of your fellow cachers, to share stories, get those hints you need to prevail over your DNF's.

When

Saturday, April 12th, 2008; 6:00PM

Where

Giovanni's Restaurant

9353 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

San Diego, Ca 92123

I dont know anything about a ladder hidden in the bushes!! :lol::D

N32 46.129 W116 29.531

or

Thanks for the coords, Dave. We'll let you know which set works best. And thank you for the reminder of Beth's going away party. That's why we're starting so early on the SCCC! We're saving SCCC #1 for the end, just in case we run out of time.

See you all tomorrow night at the party!

Robyn :P

Those look like fun and that hike looks like something I would be up for (except the 7AM part :lol: ). Let me see if I can roll out of bed early enough on Sunday morning to join you guys. I don't walk too fast, so even if I join you you might leave me in the dust... :lol: Edited by TrailGators

Definitely should do the Stairmaster caches as a warm-up since you'll be in the area. The hike you've got planned is 1200' of up and you'll be wanting to get the legs warmed up before you tackle the climb.

Or if you like, do the hike up to Rocky Peak first as a warm up for the Stairmaster caches. The Stairmaster caches are about 1200' of up and you'll be wanting to get the blood flowing before you tackle the climb.

Oh, by the way, whatever you do, bring a camera. The views are fantastic. And if you have a long telephoto lens definitely bring that. Last Sunday, the hawks were putting on a grand show for FlagMan and me.

Definitely should do the Stairmaster caches as a warm-up since you'll be in the area. The hike you've got planned is 1200' of up and you'll be wanting to get the legs warmed up before you tackle the climb.

Or if you like, do the hike up to Rocky Peak first as a warm up for the Stairmaster caches. The Stairmaster caches are about 1200' of up and you'll be wanting to get the blood flowing before you tackle the climb.

Oh, by the way, whatever you do, bring a camera. The views are fantastic. And if you have a long telephoto lens definitely bring that. Last Sunday, the hawks were putting on a grand show for FlagMan and me.

We did the Stairmaster caches 2 weeks ago. If we can do it maybe they should do it backwards...Saw a big rattlesnake coiled up out in the open...Ask Canadian girl..aka Snake Break Dancer

Edited by kwvers!

I'm gonna try to make it, unless they make me work... Hee Hee, just kidding, they can't make me work, they can only make me show up!

If Mrs Chuy! joins us, we'll (us two) most likely only do Goat Peak and return another day for the Stairmaster. Then again, if Goat Peak has too much bushwhacking, she may not want to do Stairmaster at all as I hear there is less of a trail that a way.

If Mrs Chuy! joins us, we'll (us two) most likely only do Goat Peak and return another day for the Stairmaster. Then again, if Goat Peak has too much bushwhacking, she may not want to do Stairmaster at all as I hear there is less of a trail that a way.

Stairmaster trail? We never found one but did come down an easier way. For stage#1 follow the creek bed around the hill and come up the back way. Didn't seem as steep...Going up to Stairmaster#2 is a climb. We left a few markers to find our way down. Beautiful flowers were blooming all the way up which made us forget the "burn" sorta.

We did the Stairmaster caches 2 weeks ago. If we can do it maybe they should do it backwards...Saw a big rattlesnake coiled up out in the open...Ask Canadian girl..aka Snake Break Dancer

I wonder if that's the same one that FlagMan found when we, uh, "placed" the Snake Rock (A Stairmaster Warmup) cache...

3a2ea337-05e5-443f-b22e-e064c6f10663.jpg

I wonder if that's the same one that FlagMan found when we, uh, "placed" the Snake Rock (A Stairmaster Warmup) cache...

3a2ea337-05e5-443f-b22e-e064c6f10663.jpg

The one we saw was below the warm up cache. No rocks were nearby...Just bushes and a snake....Or as Canadian girl would say..."sna sna ssss sna sna...snaaaaaaaake!"