San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Anyone up for Guatay Peak this Sunday at 0730?

I'm meeting Joe, Map4navigation, at Lake Jennings park n ride, N32 50.766 W116 52.888 at 0700.

Mrs Map4navigation and Mrs Chuy! plan on participating.

Parking for the hike is at the Pine Valley Trailhead. Enter here: N32 50.533 W116 32.513

An Adventure Pass is required; I have an extra one: $5 for a day pass; $30 for a year; $5 for a second vehicle pass (after purchasing the year pass).

Edit for time correction.

What's the elevation gain again??? :D

Say, I might be interested if I can recover from my three days in bed with a head/chest cold before the outing. Apparently the elevation offset is 2,000 ft. but on the average its a level hike. Will decide on Saturday assuming that I can get a weekend pass from my sweet bride and from Splashette, and will post my decision Saturday as well so's you know one way or another.

It will be good for you mountain goats to have an old-timer still coming up the trail as y'all are coming back down. That way I can get some head-on shots of you as opposed to fade-away butt-shots. I sure intend to make it as hiking a peak with the likes of you famous mountaineers will look really good on my resume.

At any rate make sure to get a first-class photo together while at the summit. I can 'shop myself into the shot at a later date.

Harmon

Harmon, you can hike along Mrs Chuy!. When we stop for a cache, she continues ahead and then we play catch-up. We'll sign you in. :D

Sounds like Mrs. Chuy! has Geocaching and Geocachers all figured out.

So far my health isn't up to the trek but there's still time to make a comeback.

I'm meeting Joe, Map4navigation, at Lake Jennings park n ride, N32 50.766 W116 52.888 at 0700.

Parking for the hike is at the Pine Valley Trailhead. Enter here: N32 50.533 W116 32.513

An Adventure Pass is required; I have an extra one: $5 for a day pass; $30 for a year; $5 for a second vehicle pass (after purchasing the year pass).

I think I'm in. I'll meet you at the Lake Jennings PnR. I have an adventure pass. I sure hope ole Harmon comes!

Edited by jahoadi and john

0aa0ffe8-ac85-4c28-9369-df792de10a3f.jpg

I saw that too.. LOL pretty good timing!

When ya gotta go you gotta go. I used that same rock glad it wasn't me that was caught in a picture. 00020148.gif

Even though you slipped by the camera, Skillet, Rooster noticed you. I thought she might be embarrassed, but she said that it was "no big deal". ;):)

So that leaves an unanswered question, who's the pee-er? From what I can see there's only one vehicle in the photo that seems to have made an emergency stop. Does it come down to a wee-little mistake from a red Jeep on every outing?

I *had* planned on using that rock myself for a "break" but after further investigation, could tell it was wide open for all to see. It was obviously a potty area though....girls too. Evident from the bits of TP. :)

I think I'm in. I'll meet you at the Lake Jennings PnR. I have an adventure pass. I sure hope ole Harmon comes!

O'm'gosh, Jahoadi and the Maps, and the Chuy!s all in one outing. My big chance to become a name-dropper, c'mon Janie, you too? One thing for sure, it will be smart to be included so's to defend against sleeper caches that are sure to follow.

Hey, I've got one of those Golden Eagle Cards that count for an adventure pass. I love it when they card-me for age at National Parks. Hmm, come t' think of it I haven't been carded in a very long time.

When ya gotta go you gotta go. I used that same rock glad it wasn't me that was caught in a picture. 00020148.gif

Even though you slipped by the camera, Skillet, Rooster noticed you. I thought she might be embarrassed, but she said that it was "no big deal". ;):)

So that leaves an unanswered question, who's the pee-er? From what I can see there's only one vehicle in the photo that seems to have made an emergency stop. Does it come down to a wee-little mistake from a red Jeep on every outing?

I *had* planned on using that rock myself for a "break" but after further investigation, could tell it was wide open for all to see. It was obviously a potty area though....girls too. Evident from the bits of TP. :)

Bits of TP, that sure sounds like a fun CITO event.

I am the one standing on the left side, so it wasn't me. :)

Even though you slipped by the camera, Skillet, Rooster noticed you. I thought she might be embarrassed, but she said that it was "no big deal". :):)

I am the one standing on the left side, so it wasn't me. :)

I was wearing a kelly green "Irish yoga" t-shirt, so it wasn't me either. ;)

1690476D.jpg

Edited by TrailGators

bb1a2042-32d7-4513-b807-b74943b2eafc.jpg

Even though you slipped by the camera, Skillet, Rooster noticed you. I thought she might be embarrassed, but she said that it was "no big deal". :):D

I am the one standing on the left side, so it wasn't me. :D

I was wearing a kelly green "Irish yoga" t-shirt, so it wasn't me either. :)

1690476D.jpg

Frankly the "one standing on the left side," as you put it, is suspect as well. Looks a bit like somebody that's actually peein' on a winch. From my own personal experience peein' on a winch can make said winch cranky. Cranky winches can be more trouble than you might first expect.

At least the identity of the rock pee-er is being narrowed down. Keep up th' good work.

Edited by SD Rowdies

bb1a2042-32d7-4513-b807-b74943b2eafc.jpg

Even though you slipped by the camera, Skillet, Rooster noticed you. I thought she might be embarrassed, but she said that it was "no big deal". :(;)

I am the one standing on the left side, so it wasn't me. ;)

I was wearing a kelly green "Irish yoga" t-shirt, so it wasn't me either. :D

1690476D.jpg

Frankly the "one standing on the left side," as you put it, is suspect as well. Looks a bit like somebody that's actually peein' on a winch. From my own personal experience peein' on a winch can make said winch cranky. Cranky winches can be more trouble than you might first expect.

At least the identity of the rock pee-er is being narrowed down. Keep up th' good work.

I think you may be confusing cranky winches with cranky wenches. ;)

O'm'gosh, Jahoadi and the Maps, and the Chuy!s all in one outing. My big chance to become a name-dropper, c'mon Janie, you too? One thing for sure, it will be smart to be included so's to defend against sleeper caches that are sure to follow.

Hey, I've got one of those Golden Eagle Cards that count for an adventure pass. I love it when they card-me for age at National Parks. Hmm, come t' think of it I haven't been carded in a very long time.

A higher power has intervened in my plan for this outing. I said "Yes dear."

Have fun and don't forget to talk about me as you hike to the summit.

Edited by SD Rowdies

:unsure: I knew you were afraid. The first cache I place is gonna be called "See Harmon you could've been a beta -tester!"

I am up for this one in the morning and will meet whoever shows up at the Lake Jennings park and ride at 7:30am. I am willing to drive if anyone needs a lift from there. I have an Adventure Pass. See you in the morning.

I am up for this one in the morning and will meet whoever shows up at the Lake Jennings park and ride at 7:30am. I am willing to drive if anyone needs a lift from there. I have an Adventure Pass. See you in the morning.

Dick...I think it is 0700 at Lake Jennings.

I was wondering in which direction people are heading out for caching next Saturday after the CITO?

I've done about 75% of the caches in the area but am a bit weak in the Superstition Mtn Region. I also was too chicken to do the Illyngophobites or Acrophobites beware! Cache (GCJ5RC). If any jeeps want to join me it'll be moderate four wheelin'.

Dave

I can't make the CITO or Campout as it's my daughter's birthday on Saturday.

However, I've got some cachers interested in a Friday run through the desert.

We'll leave Friday morning around 9a and leave the desert around 11p.

Those committed so far: myself, Duncan!, map4navigation, TSMITH366, Team Duckit, and Tombmaker!

Anyone else?

This is sort of a wierd request, but could anybody planning on holding another event......

NOT do it on May 3rd ?? That will be the date for our.......We Be Jeepin II Event........... We can't post the page just yet because we can't pre-run the trail until sometime this next weekend (after the CITO, of coarse) :P With 3 events in a row in April, we needed to put our NOT request in.........

Thanks!

The Splashes :D:)

This is sort of a wierd request, but could anybody planning on holding another event......

NOT do it on May 3rd ?? That will be the date for our.......We Be Jeepin II Event........... We can't post the page just yet because we can't pre-run the trail until sometime this next weekend (after the CITO, of coarse) :) With 3 events in a row in April, we needed to put our NOT request in.........

Thanks!

The Splashes :P:D

I think you can submit an event and then request the reviewer to keep it inactive after approving it (until you are ready) to hold the date...

:) I knew you were afraid. The first cache I place is gonna be called "See Harmon you could've been a beta -tester!"

Jodi darlin',

I'm back and, yes, I realize what's in store for me now. Another lonely trail up another steep mountain. I certainly thought of you and the Guatay Gang as I returned along the I-8 yesterday. The temperature was 41-degrees near Pine Valley. Sure hate to miss out like that.

Thanks for thinking of me while trudging the trails.

Harmon

I'm probably not going to be able to go to Anza. I'm not sure I want to anyway.... Not you guys of course, well you know why and who.

In that vein, would anyone like to try to go hit a bunch of county park caches? I still have to go to Guajome for one thing. Perhaps we can design a loop for finding them just in case they all get archived soon.

Parsa

NOT do it on May 3rd ?? That will be the date for our.......We Be Jeepin II Event........... We can't post the page just yet because we can't pre-run the trail until sometime this next weekend (after the CITO, of coarse) :ph34r: With 3 events in a row in April, we needed to put our NOT request in.........

Thanks!

The Splashes :laughing:;)

Can you do it on the 10th, I am hunting turkeys at Lake Sutherland on the 3rd. I was invited by a friend that won the hunt. But if not that's fine.

I was wondering in which direction people are heading out for caching next Saturday after the CITO?

I've done about 75% of the caches in the area but am a bit weak in the Superstition Mtn Region. I also was too chicken to do the Illyngophobites or Acrophobites beware! Cache (GCJ5RC). If any jeeps want to join me it'll be moderate four wheelin'.

Dave

M2 and I were discussing possibly hitting the jet engine and bomb range from the south side. This would take us through the sand dune areas. Lots of fun driving on that! We have not discuss it much, but coordinating another possible group would be great. 4x4 required, etc.

Paul

NOT do it on May 3rd ?? That will be the date for our.......We Be Jeepin II Event........... We can't post the page just yet because we can't pre-run the trail until sometime this next weekend (after the CITO, of coarse) :ph34r: With 3 events in a row in April, we needed to put our NOT request in.........

Thanks!

The Splashes :laughing:;)

Can you do it on the 10th, I am hunting turkeys at Lake Sutherland on the 3rd. I was invited by a friend that won the hunt. But if not that's fine.

I could do either. I will hold that not event free just in case.

Paul

Dave

M2 and I were discussing possibly hitting the jet engine and bomb range from the south side. This would take us through the sand dune areas. Lots of fun driving on that! We have not discuss it much, but coordinating another possible group would be great. 4x4 required, etc.

Paul

SKILLET is planning to take a run to the Jet engine after the CITO. By going down to the pole line road then after getting to the engine and finding it people can go on there own and cache.

I'm probably not going to be able to go to Anza. I'm not sure I want to anyway.... Not you guys of course, well you know why and who.

In that vein, would anyone like to try to go hit a bunch of county park caches? I still have to go to Guajome for one thing. Perhaps we can design a loop for finding them just in case they all get archived soon.

Parsa

There was an event there last summer and we did them all in a ~four mile loop. Good idea on hitting the county park caches before they vanish.
Don't forget next weekend

CITO

and the

Campout

00020185.gif 0002020E.gif

Will be leading a run to the JET engine and the new Caches for some. 00020288.gif Maybe FATTBOY will get stuck again and we can get some new photo's 00020148.gif .

THE CITO AND CAMPOUT ARE CANCELED I have a headache and I think it will last thru the weekend.

YAD SLOOF LIRPA YPPAH

0002028A.gif

Anybody interestred for early Sat. 4/5. I'm going after GCMR6V. I will park at mile marker 31.8 on the S22. Be prepared for over an 15 mile jaunt. I am coming from Spring Valley and if interested let me now I will drive.

Alan K.

Edited by Akop&fam

Anybody interestred for early Sat. 4/5. I'm going after GCMR6V. I will park at mile marker 31.8 on the S22. Be prepared for over an 15 mile jaunt. I am coming from Spring Valley and if interested let me now I will drive.

Alan K.

Would have been all over this had I found out a little early. Enjoy yourself.

Looks like a group will be heading out to do the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday. We'll probably stop for breakfast at the Denny's at Los Coches in El Cajon at 7:00, and be heading out east by 8:15. Sorry for the early start, but we need to make it to the going away party for da beave! If anyone has a telescoping ladder, please bring!

Robyn :)

Looks like a group will be heading out to do the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches this Saturday. We'll probably stop for breakfast at the Denny's at Los Coches in El Cajon at 7:00, and be heading out east by 8:15. Sorry for the early start, but we need to make it to the going away party for da beave! If anyone has a telescoping ladder, please bring!

Apparently, you don't really need a ladder. But if you do use a ladder, don't forget to bunch your socks! (Oh, the ignominy of it all. I'm still trying to live that down...) :P:D

Apparently, you don't really need a ladder. But if you do use a ladder, don't forget to bunch your socks! (Oh, the ignominy of it all. I'm still trying to live that down...) :P:D

You don't need a ladder for #3 anymore?

Apparently, you don't really need a ladder. But if you do use a ladder, don't forget to bunch your socks! (Oh, the ignominy of it all. I'm still trying to live that down...) :D:D

I guess it might depend on who you are...

204ae7ae-30e2-4481-bf16-3c9cf7e2f96b.jpg

Of course, these were the same guys who tried to FTF "The Ghost of Cypress Creek" during a rainstorm. (Maybe you might want a ladder after all...) :P

Apparently, you don't really need a ladder. But if you do use a ladder, don't forget to bunch your socks! (Oh, the ignominy of it all. I'm still trying to live that down...) :D:D

Of course, these were the same guys who tried to FTF "The Ghost of Cypress Creek" during a rainstorm. (Maybe you might want a ladder after all...) :P

I thought the cache was later moved to a spot that made that method much tougher. Anyhow, the next time I'm down that way and I have a ladder along with me (that is the part that always gets me :D ), I'm going to finally get that one! B)

Apparently, you don't really need a ladder. But if you do use a ladder, don't forget to bunch your socks! (Oh, the ignominy of it all. I'm still trying to live that down...) B):D

I thought the cache was later moved to a spot that made that method much tougher. Anyhow, the next time I'm down that way and I have a ladder along with me (that is the part that always gets me :D ), I'm going to finally get that one! :D

Here's the lowdown on the location of SCCC #3. When first placed it was harder to reach than now.

Even so several Geocachers have scaled the walls to score the find, starting with TT. Later on high

winds blew the piece of tin roofing away that harbored the container. We refitted the hide and now

easier wall-scaling is needed to make the find; however, it makes sense to use a ladder because it

is a safer approach.

It has been said that there's a ladder hidden in bushes near the bottling plant. I can't confirm that

statement and I don't know where the ladder actually lies even if its there.

At any rate do take lots of photos and have some fun with the Sandy Creek Cowboy Caches. Its a

good idea to score them before summer and autumn temperatures and winds arrive. No cheating

and no do-gooders along, don't go gathering hints and such to spoil your fun. One day Carpenter

from Hell and I will complete the remaining hides that were on our knapkin-list we wrote while hav-

ing lunch at Major's in Pine Valley.

Yes, it's true about the unbunched socks, Trailgators was the perp' that started that issue when he

was photographed crawling through the barbed-wire fence approaching SCCC #8. That photo is

posted on the SCCC #8 cache page.

Y'all have fun,

Harmon

SD Rowdies and

Sandy Creek Cowboys

Edited by SD Rowdies

Here's the lowdown on the location of SCCC #3. When first placed it was harder to reach than now.

Even so several Geocachers have scaled the walls to score the find, starting with TT. Later on high

winds blew the piece of tin roofing away that harbored the container. We refitted the hide and now

easier wall-scaling is needed to make the find; however, it makes sense to use a ladder because it

is a safer approach.

Safe? Who needs safe? Spiderman up the wall and then balance act across it. Or you could do what ThePolarBear and I did at I Like Magnets 2 and have one person stand on the shoulders of the other person....

Safe? Who needs safe? Spiderman up the wall and then balance act across it. Or you could do what ThePolarBear and I did at I Like Magnets 2 and have one person stand on the shoulders of the other person....

On a related note...

With Chuy's 12 foot ladder, I was envisioning a person at the bottom holding the ladder on his or her shoulders while the other person climbs up to get the cache.

If anyone does this, PLEASE post some pictures!