San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

:P:P CALLING ALL 4X4'S :P:P

COME OUT AND GET 'SQUEEZED' WITH US :P

GC17Z5A

FLAGMAN, HABU!, TEAM FATMAN, & THE SPLASHES ON BOARD SO FAR.....................

THIS WILL BE GREAT FUN. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A 4X4, HITCH A RIDE WITH SOMEBODY!

THE SPLASHES :P:P

And just what would be the time and date for this to happen.???

Would a Baja Bug make it.

Maybe we can get FATTBOY to ride with Team Fatman.

Skillet.............Look up the above wpt: GC17Z5A.............all the info. is there

Look up the cache we mentioned on the page for pictures, etc. and you decide if the Baja Bug can make it!

It seems to go everywhere else out there w/o any problems!

If you don't think it will, you can always drive out to where the squeeze is and watch everyone go down!

The Splashes :P:P

Here is the link to GC17Z5A I thought it was a Cache not an EVENT sorry.

I'm about 2.5" too wide for the squeeze but I'll try to join you to haul out some of the mirrors and door handles (kind of a CITO event?) :P

Dear Harmon,

I'm a bit concerned. Are you feeling OK? I know that you're very busy with geocaching and Christmas and all, but I fed you a wonderful straight line and you let it pass. The line was "I'm about 2.5" too wide for the squeeze but ...". A good vaudevillian's response would have run something like {rimshot from drummer} "But how wide is your truck?" {pause for laugh}

We all count on you for your gentle humor in these forums. When you pass up a classic straight line, we begin to worry a little, you know, while waiting for the other shoe to drop. That can put a damper on our Christmas spirit. So please, for our sake, pay close attention to our posts.

Thank you,

M2 :P

Happy Holidays to you Harmon and to all the great San Diego Geocachers!!!

Thanks for the campouts, cleanups, and challenges, and for all the opportunities to explore our great coasts, mountains, and deserts. We are a very lucky group!

:P:P CALLING ALL 4X4'S :P:P

COME OUT AND GET 'SQUEEZED' WITH US :P

GC17Z5A

FLAGMAN, HABU!, TEAM FATMAN, & THE SPLASHES ON BOARD SO FAR.....................

THE SPLASHES :P:P

Skillet.............Look up the above wpt: GC17Z5A.............all the info. is there

Look up the cache we mentioned on the page for pictures, etc. and you decide if the Baja Bug can make it!

If you don't think it will, you can always drive out to where the squeeze is and watch everyone go down!

The Splashes :P:P

I'm about 2.5" too wide for the squeeze but I'll try to join you to haul out some of the mirrors and door handles (kind of a CITO event?) :P

Dear Harmon,

I'm a bit concerned. Are you feeling OK? I know that you're very busy with geocaching and Christmas and all, but I fed you a wonderful straight line and you let it pass. The line was "I'm about 2.5" too wide for the squeeze but ...". A good vaudevillian's response would have run something like {rimshot from drummer} "But how wide is your truck?" {pause for laugh}

We all count on you for your gentle humor in these forums. When you pass up a classic straight line, we begin to worry a little, you know, while waiting for the other shoe to drop. That can put a damper on our Christmas spirit. So please, for our sake, pay close attention to our posts.

Thank you,

M2 :P

Happy Holidays to you Harmon and to all the great San Diego Geocachers!!!

Thanks for the campouts, cleanups, and challenges, and for all the opportunities to explore our great coasts, mountains, and deserts. We are a very lucky group!

Gosh, sorry ... my immediate response to that setup-line came to me from back in the seventies. Wanting to be a good little boy for Christmas I held back on sharing my seventies thought with Forum regulars. Back then the word "squeeze" pretty well triggered a naughty image. Well, you know, for others but not for sweet old me. :P

Yes, it's true, in this case I actually thought before posting a comment, probably a first for me. Actually I was responding to my definition of intelligence ... intelligence is knowing what to not say. Besides, your rim-shot remark was better anyway.

Christmas this year is a bit more profound for Sandy and I what with losing my rasty old dad and three other very close friends in the past twwelve months. It seems odd that my growing old has had such an effect on others, losing thirteen people that we really care about since 1992. Hanging out with old people is scary, never knowing when another one is going to check out on us.

One thing for sure, I appreciate the general tolerance shown for my wise-guy Forum remarks. The fact that our Forum threads have remained civil is a wonderful thing. Thanks for being a terrific bunch of pals online, along the trails, and in the parking lots of our San Diego Geocaching community.

Merry Christmas all!! :P

(Can I say that?) :P

:blink::lol: CALLING ALL 4X4'S :D:P

COME OUT AND GET 'SQUEEZED' WITH US :laughing:

GC17Z5A

THE SPLASHES :lol::)

The Splashes :):)

I'm about 2.5" too wide for the squeeze but I'll try to join you to haul out some of the mirrors and door handles (kind of a CITO event?) :D

I still think that I could my bring Civic there! I know if I got up enough speed I could make it. Plus I had an ego boosting experience last night while caching. Check out my log below.

Some Fun Geocache

;)B) CALLING ALL 4X4'S B):back:

COME OUT AND GET 'SQUEEZED' WITH US :mad:

GC17Z5A

THE SPLASHES B)B)

This thread needed a bump . . . :( Plus, I'm curious who has room in their Jeep for a couple of other possible participants . . . ? :back:

Just a few final things for our Squeezed adventure on Saturday..........GC17z5a :(

Don't forget your lunch, drinks, and munchies for the day. Bring along a chair if you want to sit on something besides a rock or cactus.

We decided that we would skip breakfast in the morning and just head out to the Pinion Mtn. turnoff. We will be there by 8:45 or a little earlier, and leave PROMPTLY AT 9:00 ! If you show up later than 9:00, you can probably catch us at the Squeeze, follow the coords for GCH3XT, The Squeeze by the Slabyfam.

It has been chilly in the dez, especially getting cold in the late afternoon, so don't forget your jackets, or whatever, so you will stay warm.

The BBQ is at Skillets and hopefully we will all be there by 3:00 if all goes well.

We will pick up hamburgers and hotdogs tomorrow, plus a few something or others for everybody.

Jodi is bringing some dessert for everyone, which is a treat, because she knows how to do dessert!

Can't think of anything else. Shoot us an e-mail or post something on the cache page is you have any questions, or can't make it.

See you all on Sat. morning!

The Splashes :rolleyes::)

Just a few final things for our Squeezed adventure on Saturday..........GC17z5a :rolleyes:

Don't forget your lunch, drinks, and munchies for the day. Bring along a chair if you want to sit on something besides a rock or cactus.

We decided that we would skip breakfast in the morning and just head out to the Pinion Mtn. turnoff. We will be there by 8:45 or a little earlier, and leave PROMPTLY AT 9:00 ! If you show up later than 9:00, you can probably catch us at the Squeeze, follow the coords for GCH3XT, The Squeeze by the Slabyfam.

It has been chilly in the dez, especially getting cold in the late afternoon, so don't forget your jackets, or whatever, so you will stay warm.

The BBQ is at Skillets and hopefully we will all be there by 3:00 if all goes well.

We will pick up hamburgers and hotdogs tomorrow, plus a few something or others for everybody.

Jodi is bringing some dessert for everyone, which is a treat, because she knows how to do dessert!

Can't think of anything else. Shoot us an e-mail or post something on the cache page is you have any questions, or can't make it.

The Splashes :(:)

If anyone wants to show up early and help set things up for the BBQ your more then welcome. 0002017A.gif

Ginger! and I are in. As I posted on the webpage, I'm parking at the Squeeze and hiking in to grab the three closest caches then driving around to Skillets, caching along the way.

Bring your FRS radios and set them to, say, channel 1, no subchannel.

What's the consensus with the new Anza Borrego anti-caching policy? Are we picking up caches along the way or just taking out the swag? I'm thinking take the cache if you own it or have the owner's permission to take it. As for the other caches, remove good swag, log book, and TBs.

Maybe replace ammo cans with a small cheap plastic container with a single sheet of paper as a temp log and a copy of the new policy?

A slight change of plans for breakfast in the morning.

Team Reid and Habu! are meeting at the Ramona Cafe (on the main drag thru town ~hwy.78) at

6:00 am for some vittles. If you are coming thru that way, stop by for a cup of hot coffee or some flapjacks, etc. Maybe we can discuss what we might do about picking up caches along that route.

SO, SEE YOU AT THE RAMONA CAFE AT 6:00 AM FOR BREAKFAST !!!!

IF NOT, BE AT THE MEET UP ON S-2 IN TIME TO LEAVE AT 9:00...............

THE SPLASHES B)B)

A slight change of plans for breakfast in the morning.

Team Reid and Habu! are meeting at the Ramona Cafe (on the main drag thru town ~hwy.78, near the movie theatre, on the right side of the road going East)

6:00 am for some vittles. If you are coming thru that way, stop by for a cup of hot coffee or some flapjacks, etc. Maybe we can discuss what we might do about picking up caches along that route.

SO, SEE YOU AT THE RAMONA CAFE AT 6:00 AM FOR BREAKFAST !!!!

IF NOT, BE AT THE MEET UP ON S-2 IN TIME TO LEAVE AT 9:00...............

THE SPLASHES B)B)

Ginger! and I are in. As I posted on the webpage, I'm parking at the Squeeze and hiking in to grab the three closest caches then driving around to Skillets, caching along the way.

Bring your FRS radios and set them to, say, channel 1, no subchannel.

What's the consensus with the new Anza Borrego anti-caching policy? Are we picking up caches along the way or just taking out the swag? I'm thinking take the cache if you own it or have the owner's permission to take it. As for the other caches, remove good swag, log book, and TBs.

Maybe replace ammo cans with a small cheap plastic container with a single sheet of paper as a temp log and a copy of the new policy?

I would recommend against removing anything other than T-Bugs and doing the normal swag swap unless you have owner permission. RM

Just a few final things for our Squeezed adventure on Saturday..........GC17z5a :rolleyes:

The Splashes B):huh:

If anyone wants to show up early and help set things up for the BBQ your more then welcome. 0002017A.gif

I'll be bringing paper plates, napkins, and a small supply of forks, knives, spoons ketchup, mayo and mustard. If BRBH doesn't find them there'll be some cookies too! If it all stays in the jeep, it'll be at the BBQ...

I'm thinking about riding the ATT tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. I'm going to try and be there at 9. but after staying up late tonight who know?

For anyone that's already been there, is the best parking spot really under the 8? I don't really want to leave my truck under the freeway.

Edited by Toby's Gang
I'm thinking about riding the ATT tomorrow if anyone wants to join me. I'm going to try and be there at 9. but after staying up late tonight who know?

For anyone that's already been there, is the best parking spot really under the 8? I don't really want to leave my truck under the freeway.

Jerry, drive up Puetz vally road until just past the big Mine thing that the owner "dresses up" for whatever season it is. I think it is a Christmas present currently. There is a place to the left that you can jump the curb and drive up into to park. There is a starting place there for the ATT. Chuy may have the coords for it. Have fun!!! Happy New Year

john

There is room for one vehicle where there is a curb cut close to these coordinates: N 32° 51.259 W 116° 47.624. If you hop the curb just before that, you can drive in further and park away from the road.

Have fun, and Happy New Year!!! <_<

I had Ginger! put parking coords on her Great Wall of Bofus cache: N32 51.260 W116 47.650 .

I had Ginger! put parking coords on her Great Wall of Bofus cache: N32 51.260 W116 47.650 .

When I got there, there was nobody parked under the freeway. When I left the place was packed.

I ended up using Miragee's parking coords which worked out perfect. Don't tell that to Ginger though, I don't want to hurt her feelings.

I had a great ride today, except when I lost the trail down by the creek, but that's another story. :)

When I got there, there was nobody parked under the freeway. When I left the place was packed.

I ended up using Miragee's parking coords which worked out perfect. Don't tell that to Ginger though, I don't want to hurt her feelings.

I had a great ride today, except when I lost the trail down by the creek, but that's another story. :)

You can jump the curb at Miragee's parking coord's and follow the dirt up onto the hill where there's room for one vehicle to park by a large bush. Plenty of width to the road so's you don't pin-stripe your vehicle. That parking spot puts you within two or three hundred feet of the first cache.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I assume everyone will be going again this year, haven't seen many RSVP's from San Diego.

What hotel has been designated the "Official San Diego contingent hotel"?? The Yuma Cabana again?

http://www.yumacabana.com/

9 Feb 08 Warm Up For The Yuma Event #5 by S*W*A*G (GC17TXR)

10 Feb 08 Yuma Event #5 by S*W*A*G (GC17TN2)

Last person to RSVP - Wins jaredloser for the weekend. :):)B)B):)

I assume everyone will be going again this year, haven't seen many RSVP's from San Diego.

What hotel has been designated the "Official San Diego contingent hotel"?? The Yuma Cabana again?

Last person to RSVP - Wins jaredloser for the weekend. :):)B):)B)

I cant this year.. wife's birthday.. The cabanaboy will have to miss this one. B) That is a fun event, or rather fun caching with friends at the ATM cache. :D

TA

Last person to RSVP - Wins jaredloser for the weekend. :D:(;):D:D

I cant this year.. wife's birthday.. The cabanaboy will have to miss this one. :D That is a fun event, or rather fun caching with friends at the ATM cache. :D

TA

Here is a link to the YUMA EVENT There is another Event the night before GC17TXR

Maybe I can get Team Fatman and FATTBOY to go with me this year. 000201C7.gif

Trestle Caches! <--------Clicky

Now that ThePolarBear has finished his puzzle insanity, he gets to go out caching again! We will be doing the Trestle caches on the morning of Jan 19th. We will be camping at the Mortero Palms Trail head on Friday night, the 18th. We will be setting out towards the caches around 7am. We plan on doing the Trestle caches and the Jacumba caches along the way there and back.

If anyone wants to come and camp that evening with us, or join us in the morning we are more the happy to have you. I have the main caches in this small area bookmarked as some of them are being archived. If you are an owner of one of these caches and would like us to remove them for you, so they don't get trashed by the Geo-Haters, we will be more then happy to cart them out.

We plan to camp until Sunday and do some more caches in the area as well.

Eric and Hill

Edited by Eric and Hill
Now that ThePolarBear has finished his puzzle insanity, he gets to go out caching again!

Believe me, puzzle insanity is far from being finished...

We will be doing the Trestle caches on the morning of Jan 19th. We will be camping at the Mortero Palms Trail head on Friday night, the 18th. We will be setting out towards the caches around 7am. We plan on doing the Trestle caches and the Jacumba caches along the way there and back.

I don't think I'll be able to make it but if you don't mind, could you tell us where ThePolarBear intends to park his car while he is out hiking?

:D:D:D:D

:):):)

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
Now that ThePolarBear has finished his puzzle insanity, he gets to go out caching again!

We will be doing the Trestle caches on the morning of Jan 19th. We will be camping at the Mortero Palms Trail head on Friday night, the 18th. We will be setting out towards the caches around 7am. We plan on doing the Trestle caches and the Jacumba caches along the way there and back.

I don't think I'll be able to make it but if you don't mind, could you tell us where ThePolarBear intends to park his car while he is out hiking?

:):):)

Heheheheheh

:D:):)

Too bad you can't make it - I'm about to drop off a solution manual for my latest puzzles in a "secret" cache in ABDSP. :)

Set your Calendars:

The Spring Campout and CITO

Tentatively set for the 5th of April This is the weekend after Easter.

Should be better weather Then the beginning of March. 0002018A.gif

00020142.gif

YES! :)

Anyone going to Superstition? My rock krawling group is going to be there all weekend doing the most extreme trails. We'll be doing our own thing as the event runs have to many vehicles. If you have a WELL equipped rig and want to do some scary stuff contact me and we'll be glad to have you! We can grab a cache if it's on the way.

The link to the event is here:

http://www.sd4wheel.com/ I'd want you to have the same required equipment that they require for the class 4 to 4+ runs. Info for the trails is on there. Damage can be likely. Cuz you know, we're using our 4x4's for rockkrawling not to look shiny as you drive down those city streets! Wonder what Flagman's doing this weekend? Though I hear Marko Ramius likes to do trixx :D !!!

Tim

Set your Calendars:

00020142.gif

YES! :rolleyes:

Anyone going to Superstition? My rock krawling group is going to be there all weekend doing the most extreme trails. We'll be doing our own thing as the event runs have to many vehicles. If you have a WELL equipped rig and want to do some scary stuff contact me and we'll be glad to have you! We can grab a cache if it's on the way.

The link to the event is here:

http://www.sd4wheel.com/ I'd want you to have the same required equipment that they require for the class 4 to 4+ runs. Info for the trails is on there. Damage can be likely. Cuz you know, we're using our 4x4's for rockkrawling not to look shiny as you drive down those city streets! Wonder what Flagman's doing this weekend? Though I hear Marko Ramius likes to do trixx :) !!!

Tim

I wouldn't miss this event- been going since I got the jeep 4 years ago. I've progressively gone from the easier to teh more difficult trails. This was the first big event I went to and I found the people to be really friendly- kind of luck geocachers.

There is an unfound cache on the mountain called Tippy Toms. I've looked at Google Earth to see where the canyon starts to get to the cache. But it's hard to tell how to get to this one in the jeep. I doubt the trail I'm going on will go by this one anyway. It is sometimes hard to cache while in a line with 20-30 jeeps. Despite the fact that we are always stopped doing an obstacle it seems that we're never stopped next to the cache.

Hope to see you and your rock buggy there,

Dave

Set your Calendars:

00020142.gif

YES! :D

I think this year we will concentrate on the edge of the highway and not go out into the ABDSP. We don't want to invade a sensitive sites now do we. 00020159.gif

Set your Calendars:

<snip>

I think this year we will concentrate on the edge of the highway and not go out into the ABDSP. We don't want to invade a sensitive sites now do we.

The rangers are now in charge of picking up "litter". Why bother having a CITO? Are you trying to deprive them of their job?

Neither of us will be participating in the CITO this year, though we'll try to come out for some caching, if there are any left.

Set your Calendars: <snip> I think this year we will concentrate on the edge of the highway and not go out into the ABDSP. We don't want to invade a sensitive sites now do we.
The rangers are now in charge of picking up "litter". Why bother having a CITO? Are you trying to deprive them of their job?

Neither of us will be participating in the CITO this year, though we'll try to come out for some caching, if there are any left.

I appreciate all your efforts in running this CITO Skillet, but I agree with S&R. I'm not going to pick up one piece of trash for those bums unless things change between now and then.

I do find it interesting that there is so much real trash in the park that the park staffers drive by every day and they seem to do nothing about it (I have participated in two CITO events and know first hand how much trash is out there) yet they are putting so much effort into picking up cache containers that are not trash by any stretch of the definition. I would much rather see the tax dollars go to picking up real trash.

Set your Calendars: <snip> I think this year we will concentrate on the edge of the highway and not go out into the ABDSP. We don't want to invade a sensitive sites now do we.

I appreciate all your efforts in running this CITO Skillet, but I agree with S&R. I'm not going to pick up one piece of trash for those bums unless things change between now and then.

:huh: Remember folks our name in on the road for those two miles. :( We should keep it clean, at least a couple of feet in from the road.

:huh: Remember folks our name in on the road for those two miles. :( We should keep it clean, at least a couple of feet in from the road.

We like the opportunity to get together with friends and explore the desert ourselves. It is tough enough just to get out anymore. We look forward to the annual campouts.

Edited by Team Adelos

We like the opportunity to get together with friends and explore the desert ourselves. It is tough enough just to get out anymore. We look forward to the annual campouts.
Paul, nobody said anything about the campout event.... :(

True, true... but I was intending including both. I am hopeful that GC.com and ABDSP will work out something. I agree with Rocketman about the focus on caches and not trash.. amazing.

True, true... but I was intending including both. I am hopeful that GC.com and ABDSP will work out something. I agree with Rocketman about the focus on caches and not trash.. amazing.
You guys can do "their job" while I drink some beer and make some rock piles.... :( <just kidding>

Why don't we invite the venerable Mr. Jorgenson and/or his staff to join us on the CITO event? Maybe between now and then as we drive around the desert we should take photos of the real trash and send them the photos with coordinates for pickup! Maybe we can create a whole new sport called "geo-trashing".

Why don't we invite the venerable Mr. Jorgenson and/or his staff to join us on the CITO event? Maybe between now and then as we drive around the desert we should take photos of the real trash and send them the photos with coordinates for pickup! Maybe we can create a whole new sport called "geo-trashing".

I think we should do the CITO and then drop off all of the trash in his office and let him know what trash really is.

I think we should do the CITO and then drop off all of the trash in his office and let him know what trash really is.

:unsure:

:unsure: Remember folks our name in on the road for those two miles. :P We should keep it clean, at least a couple of feet in from the road.

Paul, nobody said anything about the campout event.... :D

You guys can do "their job" while I drink some beer and make some rock piles.... :D <just kidding>

:huh: NOW MAYBE THIS CITO MY GROUP WILL STAY NEXT TO THE ROAD AND I WONT HAVE TO YELL AT THEM SO MUCH!!!!!

AND WE WILL GET DONE FASTER!!!!

:D:DB):o:D:blink::)

:) FATTBOY :)

:D NOW MAYBE THIS CITO MY GROUP WILL STAY NEXT TO THE ROAD AND I WONT HAVE TO YELL AT THEM SO MUCH!!!!!

AND WE WILL GET DONE FASTER!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:huh: FATTBOY :D

If you were a more sensitive person you would not have that problem. :D;)

:D OK! SKILLET AND YOUR POINT WOULD BE ??????

:) I HAVE FEELINGS TOO!

B) FATTBOY :D