San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

We now have our 'official' campout logo on t-shirts, cups, thongs...etc....thanks to Caching Widow who

generously used her talents to design it for us!! Go to the campout page.....GC15J5X and click on the

CafePress link and shop away!! There is one rule however..........anybody that purchases the 'thong' will be required to model it at the campfire!

I went to the website. I see that you can order boxers but I didn't see the thong B)

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? :laughing: I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... :laughing:

:laughing: I feel afraid, very afraid...

Edited by Team Adelos
We now have our 'official' campout logo on t-shirts, cups, thongs...etc....thanks to Caching Widow who

generously used her talents to design it for us!! Go to the campout page.....GC15J5X and click on the

CafePress link and shop away!! There is one rule however..........anybody that purchases the 'thong' will be required to model it at the campfire!

I went to the website. I see that you can order boxers but I didn't see the thong :ph34r:

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? :laughing: I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... B)

Don't be afraid Paul. After a several beers, your fear will go away. Then you and Fattboy will be dancing around the fire in your new SD Cacher thongs.... B):laughing:

P.S. I'm just kidding Paul! :huh:

Edited by TrailGators

I went to the website. I see that you can order boxers but I didn't see the thong B)

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? :ph34r: I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... :laughing:

Don't be afraid Paul. After a several beers, your fear will go away. Then you and Fattboy will be dancing around the fire in your new SD Cacher thongs.... :laughing:B)

P.S. I'm just kidding Paul! :huh:

LOL then everyone else would be afraid! B)

I went to the website. I see that you can order boxers but I didn't see the thong :laughing:

Try over here... Don't forget the backside :laughing: .

I went to the website. I see that you can order boxers but I didn't see the thong :laughing:

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? B) I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... :laughing:

Hey, maybe the Unbunched Sock Police can expand their skill set! :laughing:

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? :ph34r: I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... :laughing:

Hey, maybe the Unbunched Sock Police can expand their skill set! B)
:laughing: Edited by TrailGators

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? :huh: I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... :laughing:

Hey, maybe the Unbunched Sock Police can expand their skill set! :ph34r:
B)

Now, y'all don't get yer boxers in bunch, ya' hear! :laughing:

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? B) I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... B)

Hey, maybe the Unbunched Sock Police can expand their skill set! :huh:
:ph34r:

Now, y'all don't get yer boxers in bunch, ya' hear! :laughing:

Option on CafePress: "Size up for a looser fit"

Don't even think about it! The Unbunched Thong Police are known to be a lot less forgiving than the sock squad (and can you blame them?).

I can't imagine "enhancing" Team Adelos with an unbunched thong :laughing: Really -- not gonna do it.

Are we going to have an underwear party around the fire or something? :P I can see Fattboy being the first one at the campfire... B)

Hey, maybe the Unbunched Sock Police can expand their skill set! :P
:)

Now, y'all don't get yer boxers in bunch, ya' hear! :)

Option on CafePress: "Size up for a looser fit"

Don't even think about it! The Unbunched Thong Police are known to be a lot less forgiving than the sock squad (and can you blame them?).

I can't imagine "enhancing" Team Adelos with an unbunched thong B) Really -- not gonna do it.

The unbunched thong police....That's funny! :D:D

:P:P We know some have heard that Cat (the real talent on our team) has done an original oil painting of a famous (or infamous) local geocaching icon for the Ocotillo Raffle. The identity of the subject will be revealed as the painting is won at the Ocotillo Campout. Although we fear there may be some speculation (Harmon, M2, Trailgator, Flagman, et al), we could not resist posting a picture of the work in progress. :):)

Original Oil Painting of San Diego Geocaching Icond9a908de-f37b-4a7e-b718-7264bd1f197c.jpg

*****CAMPOUT UPDATE*********

Johaodi has 'volunteered' to take over the dessert contest! She has some great ideas on the judging

catagories, it will be fun and very YUMMY! The desserts were a huge hit last year, I don't think there

was a crumb left it was soooooo good! So, think about what you want to whip up and bring it with

you. We will have neat prizes.......or maybe ca$h! Contact Jodi if you have any ???.

We also will be having a SUPER grand prize for the raffle. It is something very special made by

one of our cachers that you will all like and most will identify with it.

Hints may follow later............ B)

Questions.......just e-mail or call any of us........we may not have the answers, but we'd love to hear from you! We're just a little over a month to go.......Yahoo :P

The Splashes :P:)

You guys rock!

I hereby volunteer my services as a chili judge; I have two years experience :)

Olivia! would like to volunteer for the dessert judging.

WARNING: I'm going to have a hissy-fit if I don't receive a preview photo or two of the grand prize.

Harmon

So, Harmon, just what will you look like if you have a "hissy-fit"?

Kathy

Johaodi has 'volunteered' to take over the dessert contest! She has some great ideas on the judging

catagories, it will be fun and very YUMMY! The desserts were a huge hit last year, I don't think there

was a crumb left it was soooooo good! So, think about what you want to whip up and bring it with

you. We will have neat prizes.......or maybe ca$h! Contact Jodi if you have any ???.

We also will be having a SUPER grand prize for the raffle. It is something very special made by

Hints may follow later............ :D

Questions.......just e-mail or call any of us........we may not have the answers, but we'd love to hear from you! We're just a little over a month to go.......Yahoo :P

The Splashes :PB)

You guys rock!

I hereby volunteer my services as a chili judge; I have two years experience :)

WARNING: I'm going to have a hissy-fit if I don't receive a preview photo or two of the grand prize.

Harmon

Kathy

Maybe if Cat paints the socks first and post a preview of that? :) Edited by TFTC

Hints may follow later............ :D

Questions.......just e-mail or call any of us........we may not have the answers, but we'd love to hear from you! We're just a little over a month to go.......Yahoo :)

The Splashes :PB)

You guys rock!

I hereby volunteer my services as a chili judge; I have two years experience :D

Harmon

Kathy

Maybe if Cat paints the socks first and post a preview of that? :P

I believe that this is what is on the canvas...a closeup view of an unbunched white sock... :D

Iron Mountain Caches!

After our recent victory against all the Mt. Woodson caches, ThePolarBear and myself are planning to attack all of the Iron Mountain caches up in Poway this saturday. We are planning to meet at the below coordinates at 7:00am. This should be an all day adventure with about 10miles of hiking. Anyone up for the challenge is more then welcome to join. See my bookmark list with the planned caches.

Iron Mountain Caches

Meet at the below coordinates at 7:00am 9/29/07

N 32° 58.670

W 116° 58.382

Iron Mountain Caches!

After our recent victory against all the Mt. Woodson caches, ThePolarBear and myself are planning to attack all of the Iron Mountain caches up in Poway this saturday. We are planning to meet at the below coordinates at 7:00am. This should be an all day adventure with about 10miles of hiking. Anyone up for the challenge is more then welcome to join. See my bookmark list with the planned caches.

Iron Mountain Caches

N 32° 58.670

W 116° 58.382

If you have no idea who we are - look for the Geocaching stickers on the rear of our cars! :laughing:

The coords are for Poway Road/Highway 67

Iron Mountain Caches!

Iron Mountain Caches

N 32° 58.670

W 116° 58.382

If you have no idea who we are - look for the Geocaching stickers on the rear of our cars! :rolleyes:

<_< Everybody knows what a polar bear looks like..we've been to the zoo ya know!!!

Iron Mountain Caches!

Iron Mountain Caches

N 32° 58.670

W 116° 58.382

If you have no idea who we are - look for the Geocaching stickers on the rear of our cars! :rolleyes:

<_< Everybody knows what a polar bear looks like..we've been to the zoo ya know!!!

I'm in disguise... :lol: I look like just a regular person except for the fur!!! :lol:

<_<<_< We know some have heard that Cat (the real talent on our team) has done an original oil painting of a famous (or infamous) local geocaching icon for the Ocotillo Raffle. The identity of the subject will be revealed as the painting is won at the Ocotillo Campout. Although we fear there may be some speculation (Harmon, M2, Trailgator, Flagman, et al), we could not resist posting a picture of the work in progress. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Original Oil Painting of San Diego Geocaching Icond9a908de-f37b-4a7e-b718-7264bd1f197c.jpg

Geocaching icons come in many forms ...

Geocaching-Gothic.jpg

I suspect we'd better move this over to the ***This Just In*** thread before we get yelled at :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes: We know some have heard that Cat (the real talent on our team) has done an original oil painting of a famous (or infamous) local geocaching icon for the Ocotillo Raffle. The identity of the subject will be revealed as the painting is won at the Ocotillo Campout. Although we fear there may be some speculation (Harmon, M2, Trailgator, Flagman, et al), we could not resist posting a picture of the work in progress. :rolleyes:<_<

Geocaching-Gothic.jpg

I suspect we'd better move this over to the ***This Just In*** thread before we get yelled at <_<

Kids! <_< Nobody is going to yell. It's actually more banterish to me... :rolleyes:

:(:)We know some have heard that Cat (the real talent on our team) has done an original oil painting of a famous (or infamous) local geocaching icon for the Ocotillo Raffle. The identity of the subject will be revealed as the painting is won at the Ocotillo Campout. Although we fear there may be some speculation (Harmon, M2, Trailgator, Flagman, et al), we could not resist posting a picture of the work in progress. :)B)

Geocaching-Gothic.jpg

I suspect we'd better move this over to the ***This Just In*** thread before we get yelled at :huh:

Kids! :( Nobody is going to yell. It's actually more banterish to me... :D

THAT'S MY BOY...

At the event tonight, Cat heard several rumors about the subject of her painting. I can tell you it is not a painting of unbunched socks, nor is it Fatboy in a thong, she thought another subject might have wider appeal for something the winner will most likely hang on thier wall. M2's painting idea is very good, but still not the one she selected.

At the event tonight, Cat heard several rumors about the subject of her painting. I can tell you it is not a painting of unbunched socks, nor is it Fatboy in a thong, she thought another subject might have wider appeal for something the winner will most likely hang on thier wall. M2's painting idea is very good, but still not the one she selected.

On behalf of the Unbunched Sock Police, I commend your sense of citizenship and good taste regarding Cat's choice of subjects. Ruling out unbunched socks indicates that Harmon's public education efforts are having an impact. Keep up the good work.

On behalf of the Unbunched Sock Police, I commend your sense of citizenship and good taste regarding Cat's choice of subjects. Ruling out unbunched socks indicates that Harmon's public education efforts are having an impact. Keep up the good work.

Argh! this is killing me. Sandy and I are way out in the deep woods west of Mt. Shasta, you know, Bigfoot country. I'm stuck with the world's slowest dialup service that can't handle photos. It's a ten-dollar a month deal but that's no bargain. I WANT MY COX.COM!

Just my luck to miss out on the blank canvas challenge, I'm crying alligator tears 'cause I have been slightly involved in the painting planning as you might suspect.

Offsetting my loss is the realization that Sergeant Argyle has joined our ranks as a Geocache Forum user. One thang f'r shore, Sgt. Argyle is a right-thinking man.

I've asked another Photoshop genius to prepare and post my notion for the blank-canvas challenge if he pleases and has time for it. There's a side of our locally leading hide-finder that deserves to be honored as fine art, bless her heart, she's such a lovely woman depending on how you look at her.

It's a perfect chance to use the Photoshop Vanishing-Point feature.

Kiss-kiss Splashette,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Iron Mountain Caches!

Iron Mountain Caches

N 32° 58.670

W 116° 58.382

Just a friendly Reminding for Hiking fun!

Hopfully I beat this cold by tommrow!

Argh! this is killing me. Sandy and I are way out in the deep woods west of Mt. Shasta, you know, Bigfoot country. I'm stuck with the world's slowest dialup service that can't handle photos. It's a ten-dollar a month deal but that's no bargain. I WANT MY COX.COM!

OK, Kids! There's a photo-amnesty in effect! For once, you can freely post those photos with no worries about what's going to happen to them. Don't wait! This opportunity may not be repeated for a long time, if ever! :blink:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer

Iron Mountain Caches!

Iron Mountain Caches

N 32° 58.670

W 116° 58.382

Just a friendly Reminding for Hiking fun!

Hopfully I beat this cold by tommrow!

If you get over to my "Boulders With A View" cache, could you give a good look in a wider circle. Quite a while back, duganrm told me the cache had moved and my hint was no longer applicable. If you guys can't find it, then I'll definitely have to get up there with a new container 'cause I like all those huge boulders and the view from there.

TIA

OK, Kids! There's a photo-amnesty in effect! For once, you can freely post those photos with no worries about what's going to happen to them. Don't wait! This opportunity may not be repeated for a long time, if ever! :o

O sure, take advantage of an old man why don't you? Why I oughta ....

With enough incentive I can make the pack-mule trek out of the deep forest to College of the Siskiyous where my granddaughter has mojo broadband service in the writer's lab. I'll show you ... yeah, that's it, I'll show you.

LLOT: Thanks for the amnesty notice...now I can post the photo of King John at the command dining out and not have to worry about Harmon...

King John: Today's Navy is very formal you see..

bdbe906b-54d4-41c2-96ab-74602e5e894a.jpg

Nice ear rings. Are his eyes red (blood shot) or is that because of the flash. A little to much partying, maybe. :o

All hail to the king 00020149.gif

LLOT: Thanks for the amnesty notice...now I can post the photo of King John at the command dining out and not have to worry about Harmon...

King John: Today's Navy is very formal you see..

bdbe906b-54d4-41c2-96ab-74602e5e894a.jpg

Nice ear rings. Are his eyes red (blood shot) or is that because of the flash. A little to much partying, maybe. :)

All hail to the king 00020149.gif

Dang! just you wait .... On the other hand it looks like a good theme for a Geocaching event.

Glad you two survived to rule another day. Any waitresses get bit?

If anyone is interested...

I was planning a drive in the south part of Anza Borrego Park starting at about 06:30 AM near the cache "Sandy's Desert Cache {although it may not be there}", drop into Canyon Sin Nombre, drive through there over to the Mudcave area near the cache "Mudcaves Peanut Gallery". Then climb out of that wash up on the flats over to El Diablo Secca Wash and the cache "Diablo Dropoff", try and get to Fish Creek Wash and up to the cache by DAK Girls "The Basalisk" and then either retrace our route back or see about continuing up through Split Mountain via the cache "Split Mountain Gorge".

This would be on Tuesday morning if anyone is interested in going along.

If anyone is interested...

I was planning a drive in the south part of Anza Borrego Park starting at about 06:30 AM near the cache "Sandy's Desert Cache {although it may not be there}", drop into Canyon Sin Nombre, drive through there over to the Mudcave area near the cache "Mudcaves Peanut Gallery". Then climb out of that wash up on the flats over to El Diablo Secca Wash and the cache "Diablo Dropoff", try and get to Fish Creek Wash and up to the cache by DAK Girls "The Basalisk" and then either retrace our route back or see about continuing up through Split Mountain via the cache "Split Mountain Gorge".

This would be on Tuesday morning if anyone is interested in going along.

I won't do the Basalisk by yourself. I've done it and if you were by youself and well you now the rest of the story. Good luck and you don't need a rope.

I won't do the Basalisk by yourself. I've done it and if you were by youself and well you now the rest of the story. Good luck and you don't need a rope.

My friends and I went up the slot and there was no way I could have done it without a rope. One rock was especially difficult for me to get over. Luckily one of my friends could moonlight as Spidey, so he got the rope up for the rest of us. Ya don't need a rope, but you might want it.

D!

My friends and I went up the slot and there was no way I could have done it without a rope. One rock was especially difficult for me to get over. Luckily one of my friends could moonlight as Spidey, so he got the rope up for the rest of us. Ya don't need a rope, but you might want it.

D!

There is no way I could have done the last part without a rope. Thanks again for loaning us your rope Duncan! :D I gave Toby's Gang a boost up the last part and he dropped the rope down for RocketMan and me. I don't think CTYankee9 will have nearly as much trouble as RM and I did because he is slender like Toby's Gang. The last time I was slender was when I was in my early 20s. My wife reminds me all the time.... :) Edited by TrailGators

D!

There is no way I could have done the last part without a rope. Thanks again for loaning us your rope Duncan! B) I gave Toby's Gang a boost up the last part and he dropped the rope down for RocketMan and me. I don't think CTYankee9 will have nearly as much trouble as RM and I did because he is slender like Toby's Gang. The last time I was slender was when I was in my early 20s. My wife reminds me all the time.... :D

So far Myself, Miragee, fisnjack, and SEPTICTANKHANK are going along for the day. Hopefully between us we can make it up those surfaces, if we can even get to there from where I would like to start and explore from {south of the caches}.

As I am still in my 20's :) and haven't yet got the onset of middle aged expansion, I am pretty confident I can make it up there with a bit of determination, hopefully :D !

D!

There is no way I could have done the last part without a rope. Thanks again for loaning us your rope Duncan! B) I gave Toby's Gang a boost up the last part and he dropped the rope down for RocketMan and me. I don't think CTYankee9 will have nearly as much trouble as RM and I did because he is slender like Toby's Gang. The last time I was slender was when I was in my early 20s. My wife reminds me all the time.... :D

So far Myself, Miragee, fisnjack, and SEPTICTANKHANK are going along for the day. Hopefully between us we can make it up those surfaces, if we can even get to there from where I would like to start and explore from {south of the caches}.

As I am still in my 20's :) and haven't yet got the onset of middle aged expansion, I am pretty confident I can make it up there with a bit of determination, hopefully :D !

I did it two months after having my Gall Bladder removed and they had to cut me open and use about 20 staples and also I just turned 46, so you shouldn't have any problems. Go to the page and find the pictures we did it at the last campout. I was with Passingwind and DJollyman. We got there just as Trailgators,TobyGand and Rocketman were coming out. Have fun and yea don't forget the pics.

:D:D We know some have heard that Cat (the real talent on our team) has done an original oil painting of a famous (or infamous) local geocaching icon for the Ocotillo Raffle. The identity of the subject will be revealed as the painting is won at the Ocotillo Campout. Although we fear there may be some speculation (Harmon, M2, Trailgator, Flagman, et al), we could not resist posting a picture of the work in progress. B):)

Harmon is deep in the woods teaching Bigfoot some Photoshop techniques, so he asked me to post this for him. I had nothing to do with this .... cross my heart and hope to die (and I probably will).

Fine Art

Splashette%20as%20fine%20art%20.jpg

Edited by M2

:):D We know some have heard that Cat (the real talent on our team) has done an original oil painting of a famous (or infamous) local geocaching icon for the Ocotillo Raffle. The identity of the subject will be revealed as the painting is won at the Ocotillo Campout. Although we fear there may be some speculation (Harmon, M2, Trailgator, Flagman, et al), we could not resist posting a picture of the work in progress. :DB)

Harmon is deep in the woods teaching Bigfoot Photoshop techniques, so he asked me to post this for him. I had nothing to do with this .... cross my heart and hope to die (and I probably will).

Fine Art

Splashette%20as%20fine%20art%20.jpg

O'm'gosh! Uh-oh! Dang! ... Janie darlin', I tried t' stop 'im, honest I did.

Think about it Janie, why would you believe Michael instead of me? :D

(Nice work Michael, a terrific edit.)

Edited by SD Rowdies

Good news, mostly. the fire rating in the Cleveland NF has been lowered. Some areas are closed due to the recent fires. Lawson will probably be available again, but I will have to check the trailhead.

REF: Fire Rating

The following areas are closed due to the fire:

Horsethief Trailhead

Hauser Wilderness

Pine Creek Wilderness

Corral Canyon OHV Area

Corral Canyon Road

Kernan Cycle Trail

TA

We are looking forward to the campout coming up. Last year, we were trying to figure out what to do and at the last minute, we found out that the bombing range and jet engine was going to be visited. We ended up joining a group and had a great time. BTW, Skillet was awesome leading us safely through the area! It was a blast.

The desert campout is around the corner and I wanted to see if we could coordinate a caching run or two for Saturday. A couple would allow for others to have options. This gathering continues to grow and I know we want everyone to have fun in the sun. I was thinking more along the lines of 4x4 in the sand trails myself, but there are also many caches right off the road as well as hikes. I do not know the area that well, but between everyone in this forum, we have probably been everywhere in that park. I here that the mud hills series or the slots may be a good choice.

We were out with M2 this weekend and mostly drove in the sand with a just a few cache finds. Our goal was more for the scenery and we were not is appointed. We had a great time and saw some really cool spots and the weather could not have been better! I should remember my camera next time! (I could kick myself)

Any ideas or suggestion on runs? Hopefully, we can get Ramius' jeep dirty along with some others. :P Also, when should everyone be back to start the evening events? It appears that 11-5pm is the geocaching window. :)

TA

We are looking forward to the campout coming up. Last year, we were trying to figure out what to do and at the last minute, we found out that the bombing range and jet engine was going to be visited. We ended up joining a group and had a great time. BTW, Skillet was awesome leading us safely through the area! It was a blast.

The desert campout is around the corner and I wanted to see if we could coordinate a caching run or two for Saturday. A couple would allow for others to have options. This gathering continues to grow and I know we want everyone to have fun in the sun. I was thinking more along the lines of 4x4 in the sand trails myself, but there are also many caches right off the road as well as hikes. I do not know the area that well, but between everyone in this forum, we have probably been everywhere in that park. I here that the mud hills series or the slots may be a good choice.

We were out with M2 this weekend and mostly drove in the sand with a just a few cache finds. Our goal was more for the scenery and we were not is appointed. We had a great time and saw some really cool spots and the weather could not have been better! I should remember my camera next time! (I could kick myself)

Any ideas or suggestion on runs? Hopefully, we can get Ramius' jeep dirty along with some others. :) Also, when should everyone be back to start the evening events? It appears that 11-5pm is the geocaching window. :P

TA

I remember I really enjoyed doing the Fish Creek Wash with RocketMan and Trailgator. There were plenty of good caches and the slot canyon was the coolest part.

IMG_2551.JPG

Edited by Toby's Gang

Any ideas or suggestion on runs? Hopefully, we can get Ramius' jeep dirty along with some others. :) Also, when should everyone be back to start the evening events? It appears that 11-5pm is the geocaching window. :P

TA

I remember I really enjoyed doing the Fish Creek Wash with RocketMan and Trailgator. There were plenty of good caches and the slot canyon was the coolest part.

IMG_2551.JPG

That was a lot of fun. You guys could do this cache which is located on a rare degree confluence..... :P Edited by TrailGators

Any ideas or suggestion on runs? Hopefully, we can get Ramius' jeep dirty along with some others. :laughing: Also, when should everyone be back to start the evening events? It appears that 11-5pm is the geocaching window. :D

TA

IMG_2551.JPG

That was a lot of fun. You guys could do this cache which is located on a rare degree confluence..... :laughing:

I'm going to do the Squezze then Pinyon canyon to fish creek on sat. the 13th. then go to Skillets property. If ya want to meet up e-mail me.

Edited by Team Fatman

WWFM: World Wide Flash Mob Event: November 10th, 9:00. The event will last precisely 15 minutes.

We'd like to host another Flash Mob event! For those of you that missed the Balboa Park, May event, it was a blast!

This event will be coordinated with WWFM all around the world!

We'll need volunteers.

If you're interested, please write us at: podcacher@gmail.com with the letters WWFM in the subject line. Then let us know if you can help (small fun jobs!)

THANKS!