San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

I haven't seen anybody mention this yet so let me be the first.

RES07250.JPG

It's still a ways off but it is something to think about.

:P:D Are you riding it Jerry? :P

I'm thinking about it. I know there are more bike riders aroound here, maybe we can get them to go too.

I'm in; but I'm riding my hybrid. :D

What bus we taking back? 6p was good last time; hopefully, the wait won't be as bad.

I think 6 was a good time, plenty of time for tacos and beer. :D The wait at the boarder sucked but I'm over that now.

I'm signing up again and hopefully I'll even ride it this time if the sciatica just stays as calm as it has lately.

I haven't seen anybody mention this yet so let me be the first.

RES07250.JPG

It's still a ways off but it is something to think about.

:P:P Are you riding it Jerry? :D

I'm thinking about it. I know there are more bike riders aroound here, maybe we can get them to go too.

I'm in; but I'm riding my hybrid. :D

What bus we taking back? 6p was good last time; hopefully, the wait won't be as bad.

I think 6 was a good time, plenty of time for tacos and beer. :) The wait at the boarder sucked but I'm over that now.

:D I'm out. I am going to a fancy military dinner with John...an official "dining out"...black tie, etc. He was told he needed to bring his better half to prove he really was married. B) Quite frankly tacos and 50 miles on a bike sounds like more fun...even to John, but duty calls so we'll be back in April.

:P I'm out. I am going to a fancy military dinner with John...an official "dining out"...black tie, etc. He was told he needed to bring his better half to prove he really was married. :D

You gonna wear your [dress] jammies to the "dining out"?

Quite frankly tacos and 50 miles on a bike sounds like more fun...even to John, but duty calls so we'll be back in April.

But I'm not so sure that tacos and 50 miles on the rear seat of a tandem would rate as high -- I guess it would depend on whether the tacos were consumed before or after the ride... :P

:o I'm out. I am going to a fancy military dinner with John...an official "dining out"...black tie, etc. He was told he needed to bring his better half to prove he really was married. :o Quite frankly tacos and 50 miles on a bike sounds like more fun...even to John, but duty calls so we'll be back in April.

Be sure to read up on the do's and don'ts, Jahoadi. Then, make as many mistakes as you can, because the President of the Mess will fine John :D<_<

:o I'm out. I am going to a fancy military dinner with John...an official "dining out"...black tie, etc. He was told he needed to bring his better half to prove he really was married. :o Quite frankly tacos and 50 miles on a bike sounds like more fun...even to John, but duty calls so we'll be back in April.

Be sure to read up on the do's and don'ts, Jahoadi. Then, make as many mistakes as you can, because the President of the Mess will fine John :D<_<

Yes Jahoadi, I double dare you! Make this evening memorable!

:( I'm out. I am going to a fancy military dinner with John...an official "dining out"...black tie, etc. He was told he needed to bring his better half to prove he really was married. :D Quite frankly tacos and 50 miles on a bike sounds like more fun...even to John, but duty calls so we'll be back in April.

Be sure to read up on the do's and don'ts, Jahoadi. Then, make as many mistakes as you can, because the President of the Mess will fine John :(B)

:D Snake, I am the CO so I am the President of the mess!! Miss Jodi can wear her dress pajamas if she so chooses!! :blink: And you're all out of order.

:( I'm out. I am going to a fancy military dinner with John...an official "dining out"...black tie, etc. He was told he needed to bring his better half to prove he really was married. :D Quite frankly tacos and 50 miles on a bike sounds like more fun...even to John, but duty calls so we'll be back in April.

Be sure to read up on the do's and don'ts, Jahoadi. Then, make as many mistakes as you can, because the President of the Mess will fine John :(B)

:D Snake, I am the CO so I am the President of the mess!! Miss Jodi can wear her dress pajamas if she so chooses!! :blink: And you're all out of order.

Sounds like John is still standing upright. Pass him a some more tequila!

I am the President of the mess!!

Unnnggh...must...restrain...myself...from...making...snarky...comment...

(...just kidding...) :surprise:

:D:( Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

It is much more fun to be Mr. Vice ...

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points :D. Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :D

(...just kidding...) :(

:mad::) Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points :( . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :(

:( M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :)

(...just kidding...) :D

:grin::grin: Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points :D . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :grin:

:D M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :D

You can get up Jahoadi. You just need to raise your hand and ask to use the head. 'Course, they'll embarrass you publicly, and tease you for not being able to hold it--like some little girl, but what the heck, John is paying all the fines anyway, right? :D

. . . and I'll bet you have fun.

(...just kidding...) :)

:):unsure: Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points :( . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :unsure:

:blink: M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :huh:

Just got back from the Big Bear shindig. By now you know that you certainly can go to the ladies room, you just have to request permission of the Vice (and likely have it formally discussed by the rest of the group :o. Did they parade the beef?

(...just kidding...) :(

:blink::unsure: Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points :D . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :)

B) M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :)

Just got back from the Big Bear shindig. By now you know that you certainly can go to the ladies room, you just have to request permission of the Vice (and likely have it formally discussed by the rest of the group :unsure: . Did they parade the beef?

:huh: The event isn't until the end of September. It will be fun! :o

(...just kidding...) :D

:):) Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points B) . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :)

:D M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :D

Just got back from the Big Bear shindig. By now you know that you certainly can go to the ladies room, you just have to request permission of the Vice (and likely have it formally discussed by the rest of the group :D . Did they parade the beef?

:D The event isn't until the end of September. It will be fun! :D

This discussion needs some perspective. The last time I attended a dining-in one of the Navy pilots bit a waitress on her rump. Of course that lead to a lawsuit. Have fun but watch your backside girl.

(...just kidding...) B)

:anibad::tired: Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points B) . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :ph34r:

;) M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :D

Just got back from the Big Bear shindig. By now you know that you certainly can go to the ladies room, you just have to request permission of the Vice (and likely have it formally discussed by the rest of the group :D . Did they parade the beef?

B) The event isn't until the end of September. It will be fun! B)

This discussion needs some perspective. The last time I attended a dining-in one of the Navy pilots bit a waitress on her rump. Of course that lead to a lawsuit. Have fun but watch your backside girl.

Very strange ... I was let off with only a warning. By the way, here is all you will ever want to know about the regulations of dining out. Good material for spirited debate with Mr. Vice or Madam Vice. Always useful to quote chapter and verse B)

(...just kidding...) :)

:):lol: Go for it James. I give you permission. r/ jodi

Jodi: I still have my detailed dining out instruction book of mess etiquette if you need to refresh your memory on the finer points B) . Remember, never pass your wine glass over your water glass or you're showing your secret allegiance to Cromwell ... and the Royalists will surely fine you :)

:lol: M2: Is it true once you sit down you can't get up for anything..even to use the facilities? In that case I may be passing that wine glass UNDER the table. Like I said 50 miles on a bike seat in Mexico sounds so much more fun. :)
Just got back from the Big Bear shindig. By now you know that you certainly can go to the ladies room, you just have to request permission of the Vice (and likely have it formally discussed by the rest of the group :) . Did they parade the beef?
:) The event isn't until the end of September. It will be fun! :)
Very strange ... I was let off with only a warning. By the way, here is all you will ever want to know about the regulations of dining out. Good material for spirited debate with Mr. Vice or Madam Vice. Always useful to quote chapter and verse :)

Interesting stuff here. I was intrigued to find that the tradition derives from the Vikings and the British Navy. An interesting combination, to say the least, but it does explain a lot.

There wasn't any mention of the Spam song or the Happy Birthday dirge so I presume that these are things that the British Navy chose to leave out. :lol:

I was happy to see that there was mention of the traditional Saturday Evening toast "To our Sweethearts and Wives" but there was no mention of the traditional response: "May they never meet." :)

I wish I would only get email notifications from this thread when someone actually posts an event.... :D

How about a puzzle event.. You must solve the puzzle to find where the event is.. :(

Then only the puzzlers would show up, but it's an interesting idea. But I meant an SDCET event....

What are you doing tomorrow or Sunday? It's been a while since I've been out for a really good cache hunt.

Edited by Toby's Gang

I wish I would only get email notifications from this thread when someone actually posts an event.... :D

How about a puzzle event.. You must solve the puzzle to find where the event is.. :(

Then only the puzzlers would show up, but it's an interesting idea. But I meant an SDCET event....

What are you doing tomorrow or Sunday? It's been a while since I've been out for a really good cache hunt.

This weekend doesn't look too good unless it's tomorrow morning in North county. We have a block party tomorrow afternoon and Sunday I will probably be recovering from the block party. So I think next weekend might be better. Edited by TrailGators

This weekend doesn't look too good unless it's tomorrow morning in North county. We have a block party tomorrow afternoon and Sunday I will probably be recovering from the block party. So I think next weekend might be better.

Well, it looks like I'll be walking up Woodson to grab the four new caches and the TC at the top tomorrow morning then.

ed2134b0-72e6-41d4-b680-54d128a11526.jpg

What's up with these two dames?

In the immortal words of Euall Gibbons: "Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible."

Actually, they were in time-out. [:(] :D

Wood-Sprite.jpg

What the rest of the world couldn't see ... :cry:

Why I oughta ....

Truth is that babes can't resist my Krispy Kreme eyes.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I wish I would only get email notifications from this thread when someone actually posts an event.... :(

How about a puzzle event.. You must solve the puzzle to find where the event is.. :D

This weekend doesn't look too good unless it's tomorrow morning in North county. We have a block party tomorrow afternoon and Sunday I will probably be recovering from the block party. So I think next weekend might be better.

Well, it looks like I'll be walking up Woodson to grab the four new caches and the TC at the top tomorrow morning then.

I have a lot more than 4 caches I need to find on Woodson, however I just found out that my daughter has a volleyball tournament, so I'm going to go watch that. Have fun! :cry:

Doug from dougandsuzy and I are planning to hit Indiana Jones: The Lost City of Atlantis in La Jolla Sat. Morning early. Anyone want to join us, you are welcome.

Well, so much for that idea. We got drenched. Let's plan another attempt with a lower tide. Who can join me 9/1 @ 0600? Also, do Vintage: Coastal Hike while we are in the area.

Changed the time to 5PM. See the San Diego Geocachers meetup.com site for details.

If anyone has nothing to do this evening I plan on heading out to the Portrero area and do some caching and if anyone wants to go along to cache or just for fun you are all invited. NO real plans other than to do the two underground caches out there first {let the sun settle a little bit more while we are in the tunnels} and then just drive around nabbing caches like the Stone Ruinations or whatever comes to mind and is in the PQ! Most anything is game, but not really planning on any long walks.

It's not planned and there are no set plans for what I am going to do, just an evening drive in the country.

If you do go, remember the underground ones may be messy with guano or water, so an extra set of boots/socks would be recommended as well as headlamp/flashlight.

I will be leaving my house about 3:30 with Fisnjack and Miragee may meet us at the Honey Springs Road parking area near the 94. So if you are wanting to go, let's say be at the parking there by 4:15ish and we will go from there.

Wood-Sprite.jpg

What the rest of the world couldn't see ... :)

Why I oughta ....

Truth is that babes can't resist my Krispy Kreme eyes.

Just as I said: many parts are edible...

The down-side is that FATTBOY calls me every night to ask what I'm wearing.

Wow! We're out hiking Mt.Whitney and this is going on! You guy's are just to funny! That tree did smell good though!

Good Times!

We've been discussing the following on the SD thread, but Jahoadi kicked me over to here :) .

I'm working on the Historic Cache Adventure; and Ginger! and I are headed to Blair Valley and Montero Wash Sunday to pick up three caches. The required caches in Blair Valley area include Laura's Memorial Cache and Desert Peek-a-boo. At Montero Wash is Powder Can Cache. I won't stray much to grab other caches as I will need to get home by noon'ish. Miragee has reservered shotgun and I have room for two others.

The forecast is predicting 115 degree weather and possible thundershowers. I've hiked in 120 degrees before; so I kinda know what I'm getting into. That was a three mile hike with about 600+ feet of elevation gain. I know, not a smart thing to do. The Laura Memorial cache does not have half this elevation gain, but is about the same distance, maybe more. The other caches don't appear to be more than 1-mile hikes.

Meet 0600 at Lake Jennings P/R on Sunday.

On Monday, we're grabbing Phil's Memorial Cache via the Sunset Trail (see #3 on the map) and fixing Cougar Country on the way in (I have Mr. Magoo's permission). Then hitting the back road (starts off as Skyline Dr) to visit the Nobel Cache.

My wife and kids may join us on Monday, so, I won't have room for anyone else, and we'll be starting later, around 0800. I do have an extra Adventure Pass to loan out.

On Monday, we're grabbing Phil's Memorial Cache via the Sunset Trail (see #3 on the map) and fixing Cougar Country on the way in (I have Mr. Magoo's permission). Then hitting the back road (starts off as Skyline Dr) to visit the Nobel Cache.

My wife and kids may join us on Monday, so, I won't have room for anyone else, and we'll be starting later, around 0800. I do have an extra Adventure Pass to loan out.

I will be in for the Monday trip and I have some seats in my truck if anyone wants to carpool.

I will be in for the Monday trip and I have some seats in my truck if anyone wants to carpool.

:anicute: Ian.... We could carpool with you or you with us. Is it 0800 at Lake Jennings? We don't have an adventure pass.....it's too late now to get a day pass. Chuy! we may need to borrow yours.