San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

********************MARK YOUR CALENDARS !!!!***********************

The date for the ' 5th Annual Geo Ocotillo Campout' will be.......................drum roll here........

Oct. 27 & 28 ~ Skillet's place ~ Ocotillo Wells, CA

So, that's as far as we've gotten so far, but we do know that with the money we made during last year's campout raffle, we will be able to provide porta potties again for the tent campers!

Same events will be going on...........Poker Run and Chili Cookoff........and any other great ideas that we may be able to squeeze in................this is where all of you come in. Send us your ideas and suggestions and we'll see if they will work. We always need raffle donations, so if you have any cool swag laying around gathering dust.........well, you know where to take it!

Much more later......obviously.......but we wanted to let you at least know when, since some of you have been asking.

Can't wait for the fun! :lol:

The Splashes :unsure:;)

One of these years...can we please do it on a weekend that does not contain a Chargers home game?...I hate having to leave early on Sunday morning...and loose out on a day of drinking and caching.

Splashes and Skillet, please advise if a change is being considered as I need to book a reservation. No, I'm not wussing out; my daugther wants to come out, but she was terrified of the winds pushing around our rented tent trailer in the March event.

Tnx.

BTW I concur with the event on an away-game weekend.

Edited by Chuy!

The date for the ' 5th Annual Geo Ocotillo Campout' will be.......................drum roll here........

So, that's as far as we've gotten so far, but we do know that with the money we made during last year's campout raffle, we will be able to provide porta potties again for the tent campers!

Same events will be going on...........Poker Run and Chili Cookoff........and any other great ideas that we may be able to squeeze in................this is where all of you come in. Send us your ideas and suggestions and we'll see if they will work. We always need raffle donations, so if you have any cool swag laying around gathering dust.........well, you know where to take it!

Much more later......obviously.......but we wanted to let you at least know when, since some of you have been asking.

Can't wait for the fun! ;)

The Splashes :unsure::D

One of these years...can we please do it on a weekend that does not contain a Chargers home game?...I hate having to leave early on Sunday morning...and loose out on a day of drinking and caching.

Splashes and Skillet, please advise if a change is being considered as I need to book a reservation. No, I'm not wussing out; my daugther wants to come out, but she was terrified of the winds pushing around our rented tent trailer in the March event.

Tnx.

No plans to change the dates, these are the ones that seem to work best. I can call the Charger's head office and maybe the NFL tho, to see if they can change the schedule to accomodate us! :o

I don't think we've had any winds at the Oct. campouts, so hopefully this one won't either. We usually have it at this time of year so that it cools off at night. Sweet idea on having the dessert contest again, I think we had more judge volunteers on that one than contestants! :D

If any changes or additions come up, we will post here asap.............or on the event page when we post it.

Thanks Chuy!

The Splashes :lol::o

Can't wait for the fun! :)

The Splashes :P:laughing:

Tnx.

No plans to change the dates, these are the ones that seem to work best. I can call the Charger's head office and maybe the NFL tho, to see if they can change the schedule to accomodate us! :laughing:

I don't think we've had any winds at the Oct. campouts, so hopefully this one won't either. We usually have it at this time of year so that it cools off at night. Sweet idea on having the dessert contest again, I think we had more judge volunteers on that one than contestants! :laughing:

If any changes or additions come up, we will post here asap.............or on the event page when we post it.

Thanks Chuy!

The Splashes :):P

I am not asking anyone to change the dates this year...

However comma I am asking if we can please do it on an weekend when the Chargers are away, next year.

Thank you

However comma I am asking if we can please do it on an weekend when the Chargers are away, next year.

Thank you

Maybe you should start cheering for the PACKERS. They only come to town once a year...

Thank you

Maybe you should start cheering for the PACKERS. They only come to town once a year...

Then I would have to change my name to "GOPackers!" and since Sumrall and I moved out of Hillcrest I just don't think it would work.

Thank you

Then I would have to change my name to "GOPackers!" and since Sumrall and I moved out of Hillcrest I just don't think it would work.

:laughing: IF (big if) I get Packers tickets I'm going to the game! :) Edited by TrailGators

Thank you

That almost made me tinkle. :)

Anyone planning any non-superman night hikes? :) We should take advantage of the next few full moons during the summer. I was also thinking of hitting gas-kill soon or Mount Otay again with the jeep.

TA

Is it going to be hot this weekend? It's been awhile.....

Also no 6AM stuff for me. I'm a late-bird.... :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

Anyone planning any non-superman night hikes? :) We should take advantage of the next few full moons during the summer. I was also thinking of hitting gas-kill soon or Mount Otay again with the jeep.

TA

Sat. is in the mid 80's in El Cajon. Coastal caching would probably be nicer. Anyone going to the 7-7-7 stuff?

TA

Sat. is in the mid 80's in El Cajon. Coastal caching would probably be nicer. Anyone going to the 7-7-7 stuff?

We probably are. Not so sure about the early one but should make the later event.

TA

Mid 80s isn't too bad. When it gets into the 90s then the coast will be a must. Isn't there a new series down there? As far as 777, I assume you are talking about the flash event at Pechanga.... Edited by TrailGators

Anyone planning any non-superman night hikes? :D We should take advantage of the next few full moons during the summer. I was also thinking of hitting gas-kill soon or Mount Otay again with the jeep.

TA

Barrett Lake? 11 caches+; 6 miles+ r/t.

Hollenbeck? 5 caches+; 8 miles+ r/t.

I may do Barrett Lake Wed am (start 0630) if no takers Tuesday evening.

Anyone planning any non-superman night hikes? :o We should take advantage of the next few full moons during the summer. I was also thinking of hitting gas-kill soon or Mount Otay again with the jeep.

TA

Also no 6AM stuff for me. I'm a late-bird.... :D

Mid 80s isn't too bad. When it gets into the 90s then the coast will be a must. Isn't there a new series down there? As far as 777, I assume you are talking about the flash event at Pechanga....

There are a couple of other 777 events in Orange County. One is at 7am and there is another one at 7pm for those who can't be bothered to get up that early...
Anyone planning any non-superman night hikes? ;) We should take advantage of the next few full moons during the summer. I was also thinking of hitting gas-kill soon or Mount Otay again with the jeep.

TA

Also no 6AM stuff for me. I'm a late-bird.... :D

Mid 80s isn't too bad. When it gets into the 90s then the coast will be a must. Isn't there a new series down there? As far as 777, I assume you are talking about the flash event at Pechanga....

There are a couple of other 777 events in Orange County. One is at 7am and there is another one at 7pm for those who can't be bothered to get up that early...

I'm not going to drive up there. I may have my own event with Seagrams 7 and 7-Up! :o

Anyone planning any non-superman night hikes? :D We should take advantage of the next few full moons during the summer. I was also thinking of hitting gas-kill soon or Mount Otay again with the jeep.

TA

I'm up for either one of those hikes this evening but preferably not both.

TA

Bueno!

Meet 7p'ish at Lake Jennings P&R? Barrett Lake? We should have light most of the way in.

I'll call you to confirm the time.

OOPS; can't meet up till 8:30p'ish; forgot I'm taking my daughter to swim practice.

We can still do a night hike, or in the early am - say meet 0600 tomorrow morning? I'm good for either one.

Edited by Chuy!

TA

Bueno!

Meet 7p'ish at Lake Jennings P&R? Barrett Lake? We should have light most of the way in.

OOPS; can't meet up till 8:30p'ish; forgot I'm taking my daughter to swim practice.

We can still do a night hike, or in the early am - say meet 0600 tomorrow morning? I'm good for either one.

Tonight or tomorrow A.M. is fine with me. Choose one and let me know where to meet. Can't turn on my cell phone until 3:30pm when I leave work.

TA

Bueno!

Boy, 6am is early.. But beating the heat is a good idea. It will probably be in the 100's for temps by the afternoon. That is too hot for me.

Barrett Lake in the am. If only to avoid potential encounters with certain bipedals hiking through that area at night :D .

Meet at Lake Jennings P&R at 0600, or my house, N32 50.901 W116 54.469 to store your vehicle. Either way, I'll stop by the P&R for anyone else showing up. Or, meet at Horsethief Staging area, N32 44.811 W116 40.111, around 0640.

Thank you

:o IF (big if) I get Packers tickets I'm going to the game! :D

You know the game VS the Packers is an away game???

Thank you

:D IF (big if) I get Packers tickets I'm going to the game! :o

You know the game VS the Packers is an away game???

My neighbor asked me if I was going so I assumed it was a home game. I can't believe he thought I was going to fly out to Green Bay. I guess I could go out to our money tree and pick off a few leaves... :D

I guess I will be going to the campout! ;)

Barrett Lake in the am. If only to avoid potential encounters with certain bipedals hiking through that area at night :D .

Meet at Lake Jennings P&R at 0600, or my house, N32 50.901 W116 54.469 to store your vehicle. Either way, I'll stop by the P&R for anyone else showing up. Or, meet at Horsethief Staging area, N32 44.811 W116 40.111, around 0640.

I'll meet you at the Horsethief Staging area in the morning. See you then.

Barrett Lake in the am. If only to avoid potential encounters with certain bipedals hiking through that area at night :laughing: .

Saw Chuy at the theater. Small world! Anyway, I will be passing on the morning hike. I saw an alert for heat over the next few day so everyone be careful!

TA

Barrett Lake in the am. If only to avoid potential encounters with certain bipedals hiking through that area at night :blink: .

Saw Chuy at the theater. Small world! Anyway, I will be passing on the morning hike. I saw an alert for heat over the next few day so everyone be careful!

TA

Wussie :laughing: ; cool flick!

xin_41205041209357341295910.jpg

Anyone going to the 7-7-7 event 7am? I was thinking of going up there and cache for the afternoon. Just curious if I am going to run into anyone up there if I go..

TA

? :rolleyes:

GC12YP7 and GC13E4J

That's the same distance for me as driving to South County but the 7AM thing kills it for me. I'll probably just find some local hike. Maybe I'll do one that has a bunch of puzzles. Anyone want to email me a hint to Bitmap's bitmap.... :blink: I got them all done on that hill except for that one....

Anyone going to the 7-7-7 event 7am? I was thinking of going up there and cache for the afternoon. Just curious if I am going to run into anyone up there if I go..

TA

? :rolleyes:

GC12YP7 and GC13E4J

We're going up for the day then to the 7PM event. 7AM on a Saturday I'm still ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZing.

How big of a room is needed for a pizza event? The last couple were pretty busy and over 60 people. Giovannis Pizza is good and they support 'all you can eat' pizza, salad and drinks for $8 adults, and $6.50 for kids. Maybe ordering at the counter would be easier so money does not have to be tracked. I have a date reserved there but I am concerned that we have out grown the location.. any thoughts?

I thought we have not had one in a while, locally, and it would be great to see everyone. Hard to get out these days.

TA

How big of a room is needed for a pizza event? The last couple were pretty busy and over 60 people. Giovannis Pizza is good and they support 'all you can eat' pizza, salad and drinks for $8 adults, and $6.50 for kids. Maybe ordering at the counter would be easier so money does not have to be tracked. I have a date reserved there but I am concerned that we have out grown the location.. any thoughts?

I thought we have not had one in a while, locally, and it would be great to see everyone. Hard to get out these days.

TA

:laughing::blink: Pizza? Yumm. Good idea....I haven't seen all our caching friends in AGES...... r/jl

I am doing the Bikencache series in Irvine tomorow on my bicycle. I am planning on being at the Irvine Park Cache GCJRV7 at 6am on 7/14/07. I made a bookmark listing that is viewable on my profile. If anyone is interested in biking along with me you can give me a call on the cell 858.386.6059.

Eric

Edited by Eric and Hill

TA

:o:) Pizza? Yumm. Good idea....I haven't seen all our caching friends in AGES...... r/jl

The first of the 3 events I have attended at Giovannis they let us use the larger side of the restaurant. Seemed like it was less crowded and more room to move around and mingle. Just a thought. Looking forward to it no matter which side its on.

Why have Pizza when you can enjoy the outdoors. Check this out Guajome Geo Jamboree GC14A02 Looks like fun and not that far north.
I was thinking the same thing. A park or a beach would be a nice change of pace! :) There are a ton of caches in that park that I need too! :o

There's nothing that says you can't have both! Why not set up a pizza event around the end of August so that we have something to look forward to when the pic-a-nic is over...and when the pizza event is over, then we have Geo-Campout in October to look forward to...and then if someone does something for November, we'll that to look forward to after the campout...and then we'll have the Xmas Lights Geo-Walk to look forward to in December (Team Reid, you are doing this again, I hope?)...

Why have Pizza when you can enjoy the outdoors. Check this out Guajome Geo Jamboree GC14A02 Looks like fun and not that far north.
I was thinking the same thing. A park or a beach would be a nice change of pace! :o There are a ton of caches in that park that I need too! :)

There's nothing that says you can't have both! Why not set up a pizza event around the end of August so that we have something to look forward to when the pic-a-nic is over...and when the pizza event is over, then we have Geo-Campout in October to look forward to...and then if someone does something for November, we'll that to look forward to after the campout...and then we'll have the Xmas Lights Geo-Walk to look forward to in December (Team Reid, you are doing this again, I hope?)...

The more the merrier! :)
I was thinking the same thing. A park or a beach would be a nice change of pace! :) There are a ton of caches in that park that I need too! :o

Something to do. someone to love, and something to look forward to.

- Elvis

Name that movie.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Something to do. someone to love, and something to look forward to.

- Elvis

Name that movie.

"The More the Merrier?"

Edit: Actually that isn't it. I checked Google and that was Jean Arthur and not Elvis.

Edited by TrailGators

Big Bear Cache Event is about one month away....any one going this year?

I am going with my brother. We will at the event and also be camping with the socal4x4 group in with the other event. I had a good time last year with the family but high school starts at that time so it is just going to be me and my bro. We should be getting to our camp-site Friday, late afternoon. We are sharing space with M2.

Thanks again M2!

Paul

Big Bear Cache Event is about one month away....any one going this year?

I am going with my brother. We will at the event and also be camping with the socal4x4 group in with the other event. I had a good time last year with the family but high school starts at that time so it is just going to be me and my bro. We should be getting to our camp-site Friday, late afternoon. We are sharing space with M2.

Thanks again M2!

Paul

Glad to hear it. B.R.A. will be hosting our 2nd annual "after event" happy hour. We'll provide the snackarittas.....

Edited by blonds run amuck
I was thinking the same thing. A park or a beach would be a nice change of pace! :P There are a ton of caches in that park that I need too! :)

Of Course! The 3rd Annual is already in the planning stages. :anibad:

Robyn