San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Video from the San Diego Flash Mob Cache Event has been posted.

Over 180 cachers showed up at 9:00am at Balboa Park. The event was over in 15 minutes. We had an event meal, group photo, raffle prize drawings and then left without a trace.

See it here:

http://www.podcacher.com/?page_id=415

I wasn't able to make it ,so was cool to see what I missed. :blink::)B)

Certainly can't miss FattBoy in that orange vest... B)

Watching the video makes me feel like I attended it twice...

(Now to start the debate about whether that allows me to log it twice.... :o:))

I'm headed to Los Pinos (southside of Corte Madera) in the am with Map4Navigation. I have room for two. If time permits, we'll be bike riding to the dam at Lake Morena afterwards. We can meet you at Lake Jennings around 0815. Let me know by the am.

I was just checking out the calendar and, and if I'm correct, there are no local events scheduled. Not even for pizza. :D

Are we tiring of each other or just too busy caching? :ph34r:

I noticed that, up north, there are a pair of 7-7-7 event caches. One is at 7am on July 7th and there is another at 7pm for those who can't make the first one...

Seems like as good a reason to get together as any...

Snake and I have concluded that SDCET has gotten soft and lazy. It's been a couple weeks and there's still no find on La Grenouille, and only one team (Toby's Gang) has found the whole series (sans The Frog) we placed in the Santa Ysabel Open Space Preserve over Memorial Day weekend. Wassup with that?!? There's about a dozen caches out here to be bagged, and the atmosphere is quite bucolic. Plenty of room for more random containers to fall off your backpacks, as well. In fact, there's an entire loop trail yet to be explored...

Edited by FlagMan

Snake and I have concluded that SDCET has gotten soft and lazy. It's been a couple weeks and there's still no find on La Grenouille, and only one team (Toby's Gang) has found the whole series (sans The Frog) we placed in the Santa Ysabel Open Space Preserve over Memorial Day weekend. Wassup with that?!? There's about a dozen caches out here to be bagged, and the atmosphere is quite bucolic. Plenty of room for more random containers to fall off your backpacks, as well. In fact, there's an entire loop trail yet to be explored...

hmmm.... I think I fall into that lazy catagory. :rolleyes:

That's OK. Not everyone can be as studly in their old age, as FlagMan and I. It is an 8-mile hike if you transverse the entire preserve. :rolleyes:

Of course, you can always treat yourself to an Ortega Burger and old fashioned milkshake at the Julian Drugstore afterwards. This makes it all worthwhile.

That's OK. Not everyone can be as studly in their old age, as FlagMan and I.

Studly and yet puzzled... (Wasn't that how Harmon put it...?) :rolleyes:

It is an 8-mile hike if you transverse the entire preserve. :anicute:

Of course, you can always treat yourself to an Ortega Burger and old fashioned milkshake at the Julian Drugstore afterwards. This makes it all worthwhile.

Eight miles is room for about 80 caches. Now that would make it worthwhile! :rolleyes:

Julian is a bit of a drive, too. You should have done it before I took my class to 6th grade camp. :)

You had me sold up until you said "bucolic". My girls had that real bad when they were babies.

D!

Perhpas, I can find new ways to motivate the SDCET.

Darth%20Vader.jpg

Don't make me come out there and FTF it! Cause you know I will. Don't doubt it!!! :)

And that one IS north of the 56, J&J! :)

--TT--

Edited by TucsonThompsen

Just thought I would add a great picture T.R. Violin took of the north summit of Long Valley Peak, on which I included the approximate route we took to get to the top, which, by the way, was the easy part of this hike. :mad:

The red dot is where I sat down to have Chuy! take my picture, with a balanced rock in the background. I didn't look at what was on my right until after he took some pictures. To use his words, Holy Moly! :D It is a loooong way down from there . . .

013603f1-a8a8-4aad-a792-a654a49da17a.jpg

Just thought I would add a great picture T.R. Violin took of the north summit of Long Valley Peak, on which I included the approximate route we took to get to the top, which, by the way, was the easy part of this hike. :)

The red dot is where I sat down to have Chuy! take my picture, with a balanced rock in the background. I didn't look at what was on my right until after he took some pictures. To use his words, Holy Moly! :) It is a loooong way down from there . . .

She's not kidding; this was the easiest and, I'll add, funnest part of the hike.

Just thought I would add a great picture T.R. Violin took of the north summit of Long Valley Peak, on which I included the approximate route we took to get to the top, which, by the way, was the easy part of this hike. :P

The red dot is where I sat down to have Chuy! take my picture, with a balanced rock in the background. I didn't look at what was on my right until after he took some pictures. To use his words, Holy Moly! :anitongue: It is a loooong way down from there . . .

She's not kidding; this was the easiest and, I'll add, funnest part of the hike.

What part did Chuy! have to rest the most??? B)

If anyone is interested I was going to do the "Hunt For Red October" GCV283 on Monday the 18th, it will be my 1000th find. So far Miragee, Fisnjack and myself are going and we will be meeting at Hooley's in Rancho SD and making our way up to the far west end of Park Village Road north of PQ Canyon and start from there.

Start time from Park Village will be about 7AM and we will be meeting at "RSD YMCA" GCR9W5 at about 06:30.

If anyone hasn't done the PQ Canyon area there are a number of interesting hides down in there to include an Earthcache as well as great scenery.

Ginger! and I are headed to Barrett Lake tomorrow am. Meet us at Lake Jennings P&R at 0600; I have room for three and some geodogs.

The two other trucks that you saw in the park and ride belonged to Gratefuldad116 and HIKERFREAK as we met there at 530am this morning to do the Sandy Creek Cowboy series. Popular park and ride for cachers. There was a blue truck there when we returned.

Edited by "lostguy"

I'm headed to Rhode Island to do some caching, I wish :angry: . Actually it's for work, though I would be able to drop off some TB's if anyone needs me too. Let me know. Also if some of you guys have some recommendations, I'm all ears.

Post something in the New England Thread and I'm sure they have wonderful and helpful cachers there just like in San Diego when someone says they will be in town. Probably get lots of ideas and maybe an offer for a guide.

Edited by "lostguy"

On Sunday, July 1st @ 10:00 am, I'm going to do the Scuba Steve's caches with Eric from 'Eric and Hill'.

We'll start with Scuba Steve's First Time (Revised) (GCVGCH) and move on to Scuba Steve's Pass the Grass (GCWK2W), ending with Scuba Steve's Kiddie Pool (Revised) (GCVHM0).

If anybody would like to join us (including non-swimmers), meet us at the parking lot by Scuba Steve's First Time by 10:00 am.

Who knows, I might be able to grab a seal for BBQ afterwards - I'm a Polar Bear :D:D:D

On Sunday, July 1st @ 10:00 am, I'm going to do the Scuba Steve's caches with Eric from 'Eric and Hill'.

We'll start with Scuba Steve's First Time (Revised) (GCVGCH) and move on to Scuba Steve's Pass the Grass (GCWK2W), ending with Scuba Steve's Kiddie Pool (Revised) (GCVHM0).

If anybody would like to join us (including non-swimmers), meet us at the parking lot by Scuba Steve's First Time by 10:00 am.

Who knows, I might be able to grab a seal for BBQ afterwards - I'm a Polar Bear :D:D:D

Don't forget we are also going to try and hit up "atoll-ya-so" as well, if our arms and legs are not eaten by barracudas by then. But this one would have to be swimmers only as we will be swimming to the island.

Edited by Eric and Hill

Don't forget we are also going to try and hit up "atoll-ya-so" as well, if our arms and legs are not eaten by barracudas by then. But this one would have to be swimmers only as we will be swimming to the island.

We've already done the Scuba Steve series, but if we knew when you are going to hit "atoll-ya-so" we might join you for that one...

We've already done the Scuba Steve series, but if we knew when you are going to hit "atoll-ya-so" we might join you for that one...

It's hard to tell a time, but I can always try to call you when we get to the "Kiddie Pool."

********************MARK YOUR CALENDARS !!!!***********************

The date for the ' 5th Annual Geo Ocotillo Campout' will be.......................drum roll here........

Oct. 27 & 28 ~ Skillet's place ~ Ocotillo Wells, CA

So, that's as far as we've gotten so far, but we do know that with the money we made during last year's campout raffle, we will be able to provide porta potties again for the tent campers!

Same events will be going on...........Poker Run and Chili Cookoff........and any other great ideas that we may be able to squeeze in................this is where all of you come in. Send us your ideas and suggestions and we'll see if they will work. We always need raffle donations, so if you have any cool swag laying around gathering dust.........well, you know where to take it!

Much more later......obviously.......but we wanted to let you at least know when, since some of you have been asking.

Can't wait for the fun! :laughing:

The Splashes :laughing::laughing:

The date for the ' 5th Annual Geo Ocotillo Campout' will be.......................drum roll here........

So, that's as far as we've gotten so far, but we do know that with the money we made during last year's campout raffle, we will be able to provide porta potties again for the tent campers!

Same events will be going on...........Poker Run and Chili Cookoff........and any other great ideas that we may be able to squeeze in................this is where all of you come in. Send us your ideas and suggestions and we'll see if they will work. We always need raffle donations, so if you have any cool swag laying around gathering dust.........well, you know where to take it!

Much more later......obviously.......but we wanted to let you at least know when, since some of you have been asking.

The Splashes :laughing::lol:

Olivia! would like to see a dessert cookout; and she volunteers to be a judge :laughing::lol: .

The Splashes :laughing::D

Olivia! would like to see a dessert cookout; and she volunteers to be a judge :laughing::lol: .

We will not miss this! We love being out there! :lol:

The Splashes :laughing::D

We will not miss this! We love being out there! :lol:

CITO/adopt a highway will be on the 27th 009.gif Cache pagecontruck_reduced.gif

Since this is a few days before Halloween maybe you could have a Halloween theme for the Campout and have a prize for the best costumepumpghostbar.gif

Then again Fattboy in a thong, you would have to change it to an X-rated Campout3.gifpump2-16.gif

Then again Splashette may show up in her costume girl_warrior.gifDon't let Harmon see this

The Splashes :laughing::laughing:

One of these years...can we please do it on a weekend that does not contain a Chargers home game?...I hate having to leave early on Sunday morning...and loose out on a day of drinking and caching.