San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Anything planned Saturday morning?

TA

How about old highway 80? New caches popped up. :D

Did I just talk to myself? :D

:D Did anyone answer you other than yourself? Just curious about details....

Hmm.. A schizophrenic cache idea perhaps..

Reminds me of a poem...

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I'm schizophrenic

and so am I

And here are some Christmas Carols y'all can practice... <_<:D:D

CHRISTMAS CAROLS FOR THE DISTURBED

• 1. Schizophrenia --- Do You Hear What I Hear?

• 2. Multiple Personality Disorder ---We Three Kings Disoriented Are

• 3.Dementia ---I Think I'll be Home for Christmas

• 4.Narcissistic ---Hark the Herald Angels Sing About Me

• 5.Manic ---Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....

• 6.Paranoid ---Santa Claus is Coming to Town to Get Me

• 7.Borderline Personality Disorder ---Thoughts of Roasting on an Open Fire

• 8.Personality Disorder ---You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

• 9.Attention Deficit Disorder ---Silent night, Holy oooh look at the Froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

• 10.Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ---Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,

TA

How about old highway 80? New caches popped up. <_<

Reminds me of a poem...

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I'm schizophrenic

and so am I

And here are some Christmas Carols y'all can practice... :D:D:D

• 5.Manic ---Deck the Halls and Walls and House and Lawn and Streets and Stores and Office and Town and Cars and Buses and Trucks and Trees and.....

• 8.Personality Disorder ---You Better Watch Out, I'm Gonna Cry, I'm Gonna Pout, Maybe I'll Tell You Why

• 9.Attention Deficit Disorder ---Silent night, Holy oooh look at the Froggy - can I have a chocolate, why is France so far away?

• 10.Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ---Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle,Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells,

Funny.. :D

So, no one is doing anything tomorrow? I am on my own.. :D

TA

How about old highway 80? New caches popped up. <_<

Reminds me of a poem...

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I'm schizophrenic

and so am I

And here are some Christmas Carols y'all can practice... :D:D:D

Funny.. :D

Funny Xmas songs! :D

One of these days I'll get some free time on weekends again. I hope the you, yourself and Paul have fun tomorrow! :D

Unfortunately I can't cache on Saturdays {a work-day for me! <_< }, but if anyone else is interested I am going to do the Otay Truck Trail this Monday. After the fun I had on my new GeoMobile's virgin drive along the Bear Valley Loop, I am ready for some more :D .

No definate plans as of yet for Otay Truck Trail, although I prefer to start O dark 30 :D and I will go until exhausted, figure bring a lunch and make a whole day of it. Not certain which end I will start at or which end I will end, but possibly from the west end and then if there is still an interest do some of the caches along the 94 going east bound for a bit.

We need to try to shift one commitment, but if that is successful, we would like to tag along.

Looks like I will be starting at:

Keep on Rollin GCZPVC

From there just start up the trail, up and over the mountain and down the east side and if still up for it then grab some of the caches along the 94 going east-bound. I prefer to start early say 06:30 :D at the above cache and just try to clear everything off the map for the area :D ! I am open to anything else for the route.

Also if any of the owners have a cache up there that they feel might need some maint., let me know and I will check into them. I normally carry a small repair pack, but just minor items like logs, pencils and small containers.

Edited by CTYankee9

You'll never be alone as long as you have someone to talk to... <_<

And now we know why he calls himself Team Adelos! :D

:D:D I liked that one.

You'll never be alone as long as you have someone to talk to... :D

And now

:D If you get sick of yourself I'm just doing chores and yardwork..I could be convinced to ditch that....r/ jodi

I am thinking of leaving after 10am.. anywhere is good. Miragee may be able to join also.

TA

If anyone is interested I am going to go up to Corte Madera Mountain on Monday the 28th and grab the caches around that area and make an explorative hike over to "Elevation 3000" from this side. It looks like there is a nice trail that will take you in from this side into Horse Thief Canyon.

Plan was to make the hike up Corte Madera, then see how close I can get the vehicle to the trail I am looking at for access to Horse Thief, then hike up to "Elevavtion 3000", and finally grab the caches around Lake Morena depending how I feel and how much time is left. It looks like the weather is forecast to start cooling off for that area and may be in the high 70s only by then.

Just the thought for now, will flesh-it out a little more over the weekend.

Ohhh, should I start a "Monday" thread :laughing: ?

If anyone is interested I am going to go up to Corte Madera Mountain on Monday the 28th and grab the caches around that area and make an explorative hike over to "Elevation 3000" from this side. It looks like there is a nice trail that will take you in from this side into Horse Thief Canyon.

Plan was to make the hike up Corte Madera, then see how close I can get the vehicle to the trail I am looking at for access to Horse Thief, then hike up to "Elevavtion 3000", and finally grab the caches around Lake Morena depending how I feel and how much time is left. It looks like the weather is forecast to start cooling off for that area and may be in the high 70s only by then.

There's just a half-mile from Corte Madera Road to "Are We There Yet" cache. The trail is great along that stretch, well, as far as I hiked it. From that cache to the Elevation 3000 turnoff is about 0.36 mile.

There's just a half-mile from Corte Madera Road to "Are We There Yet" cache. The trail is great along that stretch, well, as far as I hiked it. From that cache to the Elevation 3000 turnoff is about 0.36 mile.

Yep, it looks like you can park right there at the intersection of the mentioned trail and Corte Madera Road and then it would be about .44 miles to "Are We There Yet". Would knock-off quite a bit of a hike for the caches in the back-end of Horse Thief or any new ones that may be placed back there :anicute: !

Did Corte Madera today with Ginger!. Dropped two caches up there :laughing: .

CTYankee9, the trail you want is called the Espinoza Trail. Depending on what vehicle you take, you can get in there close to the TDS#1 disabled cache, which is only 1.5 miles from Are We There Yet.

I ran out of time and need to return to grab Shadow of Los Pinos. I'll wait to see if you drop anything :anicute: .

Edit: Don't forget to bring your Adventure Pass! Mine is expired but I got away with it :unsure: .

Edited by Chuy!

Ohhh, should I start a "Monday" thread :P ?

:anicute: We're interested Ian. Early right????? I'll stop and get a pass today. I'll email you sepcor for details. r/ jodi

This isn't exactly a SDCET event so to speak, but a few of us are getting together Sunday night at about 7 pm for dinner at Filippi's in Mira Mesa/Scripps Ranch area. TT :anicute: will be in town and promises to make an appearance. Coords are N32-54.980, W117-06.766. We have the back room reserved. They require one check per table, so plan on sharing a bill with someone else :sad: if you want to eat. There wasn't enough notice to make this an official event (that commie MR never would have approved it :P ), so no smiley :tired: and this forum entry will have to suffice. See you all there! :huh:

Ohhh, should I start a "Monday" thread :tired: ?

:P We're interested Ian. Early right????? I'll stop and get a pass today. I'll email you sepcor for details. r/ jodi

Normally I like to leave at a very unrespectable :anicute: hour of the day to try and beat some of the heat of the day, but I am open to any time really. So far it would seem to be myself, Miragee, Fisnjack and Jahoadi and John. I will try and come up with a consensus as to how early is early. Also I will be at the Fillipi's on Sunday night for the dinner.

Did Corte Madera today with Ginger!. Dropped two caches up there :tired: .

CTYankee9, the trail you want is called the Espinoza Trail. Depending on what vehicle you take, you can get in there close to the TDS#1 disabled cache, which is only 1.5 miles from Are We There Yet.

I ran out of time and need to return to grab Shadow of Los Pinos. I'll wait to see if you drop anything :huh: .

Edit: Don't forget to bring your Adventure Pass! Mine is expired but I got away with it :anicute: .

Thanks for the info, I will check on the one cache that hasn't been visited in a while, have to pick-up the day use pass before I go.

Drop Anything :P ??????? Oh no, all the parts of my truck are fairly well attached, and my Camelbak doesn't have any holes in it; now I am getting older and parts of me are starting to drop off, is that what you mean :sad: ?

Did Corte Madera today with Ginger!. Dropped two caches up there :huh: .

I ran out of time and need to return to grab Shadow of Los Pinos. I'll wait to see if you drop anything :( .

Edit: Don't forget to bring your Adventure Pass! Mine is expired but I got away with it :anicute: .

Thanks for the info, I will check on the one cache that hasn't been visited in a while, have to pick-up the day use pass before I go.

Drop Anything :P ??????? Oh no, all the parts of my truck are fairly well attached, and my Camelbak doesn't have any holes in it; now I am getting older and parts of me are starting to drop off, is that what you mean :sad: ?

Want to borrow my expired Adventure Pass :tired: .

We may follow you guys to the Shadow of Los Pinos cache, then beta test all the logs on your person and car ;) .

Thinking of doing Jamul Mtn tomorrow at 0600'ish. Anyone else interested?

Ohhh, should I start a "Monday" thread :anicute: ?

:P We're interested Ian. Early right????? I'll stop and get a pass today. I'll email you sepcor for details. r/ jodi

Hey Jodi,

Where can you pick up a pass? ...never mind. I found it:

666 Fletcher Parkway

El Cajon, CA 92020

619-444-8139

Paul

Edited by Team Adelos

Ohhh, should I start a "Monday" thread :anicute: ?

Hey Jodi,

666 Fletcher Parkway

El Cajon, CA 92020

619-444-8139

Paul

BIG 5 has Adventure Passes.

Want to borrow my expired Adventure Pass :anicute: .

We may follow you guys to the Shadow of Los Pinos cache, then beta test all the logs on your person and car :tired: .

Thinking of doing Jamul Mtn tomorrow at 0600'ish. Anyone else interested?

Changing my mind; thinking of going east, towards In-Ko-Pah trail for an FTF attempt - what else? :P

I could be talked into serving as a guide to Paxton's Vacation Villa.

This isn't exactly a SDCET event so to speak, but a few of us are getting together Sunday night at about 7 pm for dinner at Filippi's in Mira Mesa/Scripps Ranch area. TT :P will be in town and promises to make an appearance. Coords are N32-54.980, W117-06.766. We have the back room reserved. They require one check per table, so plan on sharing a bill with someone else :rolleyes: if you want to eat. There wasn't enough notice to make this an official event (that commie MR never would have approved it :P ), so no smiley :( and this forum entry will have to suffice. See you all there! :D

Somehow, Ms. LLOT and I have managed to be out of town for every one of TT's visits. I'm not sure how it happened but this time we are in town. It may be a bad idea for us to appear at this gathering (one never knows what cataclysmic events our appearance may trigger) but we'll probably risk it...

With respect to the "non-event" status, it occurs to me to wonder if MR would ever approve an "Unknown Event Cache". This would be analogous to an Unknown Cache except that the first words to appear on the cache page would be "This Cache Does Not Occur at the Specified Time and Date..." Probably not...MR can be such a buzzkill sometimes... ;) ...it probably comes from being cooped up next to a nuclear reactor for months at a time... :P

For the Corte Madera I plan on leaving my house around 5 AM Monday. Will have lots of room in the big truck (just me and my egos leaving Teddie home :rolleyes: ) for anyone that wants a ride. Since I'm so far South I can route past most areas. 619-424-7011 Jack

For the Corte Madera I plan on leaving my house around 5 AM Monday. Will have lots of room in the big truck (just me and my egos leaving Teddie home :rolleyes: ) for anyone that wants a ride. Since I'm so far South I can route past most areas. 619-424-7011 Jack

You're not home Jack. Your better half said you were out doing something called geocaching. Would be interested in hitching a ride with you on Monday if possible.

I'm going to be starting down by the steel bridge off of 94 and running into the hills toward 1/2 way ATW if anyone wants to join me. You must be running or biking slowly to keep pace! Starting at 5:30ish. Don't suppose I'll get too many replies with this one, though. :rolleyes:

You're in the wrong forums; the Runner's forums is over here. :P:P .

Be safe and watch out for them rattling critters.

mhon96l.jpg

I'm going to be starting down by the steel bridge off of 94 and running into the hills toward 1/2 way ATW if anyone wants to join me. You must be running or biking slowly to keep pace! Starting at 5:30ish. Don't suppose I'll get too many replies with this one, though. :rolleyes:

You're in the wrong forums; the Runner's forums is over here. :P:P .

Be safe and watch out for them rattling critters.

mhon96l.jpg

But the runners don't like it when I want to stop for caches :(

Ohhh, should I start a "Monday" thread :P ?

:rolleyes: We're interested Ian. Early right????? I'll stop and get a pass today. I'll email you sepcor for details. r/ jodi

Hey Jodi,

666 Fletcher Parkway

El Cajon, CA 92020

619-444-8139

Paul

BIG 5 has Adventure Passes.

Looks like a 06:30 meet time at the intersection of Buckman Springs and Morena Stokes Valley Road. An adventure pass is needed for your vehicle and they can be purchased at most any Big 5 Sporting Goods store. We will start-up the vehicles and take-off about 06:45 for any possible late-comers and I will have those FRS radios with me, if I remember to charge the batteries; should anyone be really late and wants to get a fix on the group. Is there a generally used channel for geocaching trips?

Some additional info:

CMRoute1.jpg

Overall route from the Four Corners area, I am assuming up to 4 corners is driveable by all 2WD vehicles and if not the rest of the trail we are going to use.

CMRoute2.jpg

Hike up to Corte Madera; approx. 3 miles RT from parking down below.

CMRoute4.jpg

Hike up to Shadow of Los Pinos; approx. .66 mile RT

CMRoute3.jpg

Hike out to Elevation 3000 et al; approx. 3.37 mi RT

Then depending on whether trail 3 and 3A are accessable, we can drive to "Rocks, Rocks, Rocks" and get fairly close to the caches near the lake, if not go back to the beginning and walk the caches around and near the lake.

If anyone has any info as to whether or not the route I planned for driving isn't actually a vehicle trail, let me know. There may be other ways to get to the parking spots that we would need to do the hikes.

Some other cool Google shots of what is to be:

CMWSW.jpg

Corte Madera cache looking WSW

EL3000NNE.jpg

Elevation 3000 cache looking NNE

Edited by CTYankee9

Nice work CTYankee9.

Where do you plan to start?

If I may suggest: start the furthest out and work your way out. That way, if you don't have time for the outside caches, you can always return to grab them. Now, if you intend on caching till you grab them all, then start with the closest one.

Maybe start with Corte Madera Mtn and come down for TDS-Elevation 3000, or vice versa and cache your way out. Although, it might be cool to hit Top of the World first for the views and sights of where you will be heading. Maybe the Tower Lookout Forest Service employee will give you a tour of his 'office'.

Nice work CTYankee9.

Where do you plan to start?

If I may suggest: start the furthest out and work your way out. That way, if you don't have time for the outside caches, you can always return to grab them. Now, if you intend on caching till you grab them all, then start with the closest one.

Maybe start with Corte Madera Mtn and come down for TDS-Elevation 3000, or vice versa and cache your way out. Although, it might be cool to hit Top of the World first for the views and sights of where you will be heading. Maybe the Tower Lookout Forest Service employee will give you a tour of his 'office'.

My thoughts on order was:

Four Corners

Shadow

Top O {Stop and get the views and info from the fire spotter}

Los Pinos

Lead

Woodcut

Corte Madera {main Goal of the day and get to it before it warms too much}

TDS

Are We There Yet

Can You See

Elevation {Secondary Goal of the day}

Bend Over

Behold

Too Late Now

Rocks, Rocks, Rocks {if there is access}

And then the caches around the lake if there is an interest and time.

Looks good. I'm planning on accompanying you to TDS and returning from there. If anyone wants to head back with me, I'll have room for three plus some geo dogs.

Fyi on Shadow of Los Pinos, it's a short but steep hike. You used to be able to drive to the top, but the 'jeep' trail is fenced off (I posted a pic of the fence on the cache's website). There are no signs which to me indicates hiking is okay.

If anyone wants to meet at the Lake Jenning park n ride at 0545, let me know; I can pick you up there. Drive from there to the meet place is about 35 minutes.

Looks good. I'm planning on accompanying you to TDS and returning from there. If anyone wants to head back with me, I'll have room for three plus some geo dogs.

Fyi on Shadow of Los Pinos, it's a short but steep hike. You used to be able to drive to the top, but the 'jeep' trail is fenced off (I posted a pic of the fence on the cache's website). There are no signs which to me indicates hiking is okay.

If anyone wants to meet at the Lake Jenning park n ride at 0545, let me know; I can pick you up there. Drive from there to the meet place is about 35 minutes.

I'm 95% sure I'll be able to tag along. I'll meet you at the Lake Jennings P&R at 0545. Don't wait for me if I'm not there on time. Should be a great run!

I'm 95% sure I'll be able to tag along. I'll meet you at the Lake Jennings P&R at 0545. Don't wait for me if I'm not there on time. Should be a great run!

Ohh it was quite the day and the Google shots lived up to my expectations:

CMWSW.jpg

P5280026.jpg

AND

EL3000NNE.jpg

P5280036.jpg

Wow, that's neat - what elevation exaggeration and terrain quality do you have Google Earth set to?

I thought it was pretty cool too, how it almost matched the photograph.

Settings for me are:

Detail Area-Large

Texture Colors-32bit no compression

Antisotropic filtering-medium

Graphics Mode-DirectX

Elevation Exageration-1.5

Wow, that's neat - what elevation exaggeration and terrain quality do you have Google Earth set to?

Matching the photos with Google Earth is a great idea! Thanks for getting this expedition going -- it was a good time with a great group!

Matching the photos with Google Earth is a great idea! Thanks for getting this expedition going -- it was a good time with a great group!

Yes, cool picture comparisons. We also had a great time. I was glad to have Tuesday off. :(

Why is that, Paul? :P:D:P

Actually, you left before you saw the shape I was in on the way back to the vehicles. My right heel hurt, and my left knee wouldn't hold my weight. It must have been that climb to "Elevation 3000" that did me in . . . :P

Now who would put a cache in a place like that . . . ? ;):D<_<

Fortunately, I know when to stop. I also had an opportunity to plant a cache on the way out. I made it a traditional AND you can drive to it (well 4x4 anyway). :)

TA

Why is that, Paul? :D:P:D

Actually, you left before you saw the shape I was in on the way back to the vehicles. My right heel hurt, and my left knee wouldn't hold my weight. It must have been that climb to "Elevation 3000" that did me in . . . <_<

Now who would put a cache in a place like that . . . ? :P:D;)

Fortunately, I know when to stop. I also had an opportunity to plant a cache on the way out. I made it a traditional AND you can drive to it (well 4x4 anyway). :P

TA

Two days later and I'm just beginning to walk normally again. Gotta get in better shape -- or avoid caches like Elevation 3000. It seems we all had the same idea about planting caches on the way out -- hope they don't collide! I happened to notice that something popped up today called "Dependable Engines" :)

Two days later and I'm just beginning to walk normally again. Gotta get in better shape -- or avoid caches like Elevation 3000.
M2, I know how you feel! :D It seems like I hurt worse 2-3 days after a tough hike than I do the day after one. Anyhow, I am going to be in a world of hurt after taking so much time off. But with the frost damage/yard work, kids sports, graduation, vacation, etc. I have been out of commission for a long time so I am not in the best shape at the moment. I hope to be back in commission around the end of June when it is 90+ degrees outside. ;)
Two days later and I'm just beginning to walk normally again. Gotta get in better shape -- or avoid caches like Elevation 3000.
M2, I know how you feel! ;) It seems like I hurt worse 2-3 days after a tough hike than I do the day after one. Anyhow, I am going to be in a world of hurt after taking so much time off. But with the frost damage/yard work, kids sports, graduation, vacation, etc. I have been out of commission for a long time so I am not in the best shape at the moment. I hope to be back in commission around the end of June when it is 90+ degrees outside. :D

Ninety degrees ... perfect for all of the Horsethief/Carveacre/Gaskill finds. Of course you've done all of them already, huh?

M2, I know how you feel! ;) It seems like I hurt worse 2-3 days after a tough hike than I do the day after one. Anyhow, I am going to be in a world of hurt after taking so much time off. But with the frost damage/yard work, kids sports, graduation, vacation, etc. I have been out of commission for a long time so I am not in the best shape at the moment. I hope to be back in commission around the end of June when it is 90+ degrees outside. ;)

Ninety degrees ... perfect for all of the Horsethief/Carveacre/Gaskill finds. Of course you've done all of them already, huh?

At one time I had..... :D I really don't mind when people put new caches back in spots I'd like to revisit. :D I've long since given up on trying to clear out areas. It's like digging a hole in sand.... :huh:
M2, I know how you feel! :rolleyes: It seems like I hurt worse 2-3 days after a tough hike than I do the day after one. Anyhow, I am going to be in a world of hurt after taking so much time off. But with the frost damage/yard work, kids sports, graduation, vacation, etc. I have been out of commission for a long time so I am not in the best shape at the moment. I hope to be back in commission around the end of June when it is 90+ degrees outside. :D

At one time I had..... B) I really don't mind when people put new caches back in spots I'd like to revisit. B) I've long since given up on trying to clear out areas. It's like digging a hole in sand.... :P

.5 a league .5 a league

.5 a league onward

All in the valley of Death

Rode the dozen:

'Forward, the Light Brigade

Charge for the caches' he said

Into the valley of Death

Rode the dozen.

'Forward, the Light Brigade!'

Was there a man dismay'd?

Not tho' the soldiers knew

Some one had blunder'd:

Theirs not to make reply,

Theirs not to reason why,

Theirs but to search & die,

Into the valley of Death

Rode the dozen.

Caches to right of them,

Caches to left of them,

Caches in front of them

Volley'd and thunder'd;

Storm'd at with McTrash & carabiner,

Boldly they rode & well,

Into the jaws of Death,

Into the mouth of Hell

Rode the dozen.

Flash'd all their GPSs bare,

Flash'd as the arrows turned in air,

Hiking Staffed the Hidey Holes there,

Charging an army while

All the world wonder'd:

Plunged in the Manzanita

Right thro' the line they broke;

Ammo Cans & M&M Tubes

Reel'd from the GPS-stroke

Open'd & sunder'd.

Then they rode back, but not

Not the dozen.

Caches to right of them,

Caches to left of them,

Caches behind them

Volley'd & thunder'd;

Storm'd at with McTrash & carabiner,

While horse & hero fell,

They that had sought so well

Came thro' the jaws of Death

Back from the mouth of Hell,

All that was left of them

Left of dozen.

When can their glory fade?

O the wild charge they made!

All the world wonder'd.

Honour the charge they made!

Honour the Light Brigade,

Noble the dozen!

:):D:D:DB):D

Edited by CTYankee9
Video from the San Diego Flash Mob Cache Event has been posted.

Over 180 cachers showed up at 9:00am at Balboa Park. The event was over in 15 minutes. We had an event meal, group photo, raffle prize drawings and then left without a trace.

See it here:

http://www.podcacher.com/?page_id=415

Great job on the video you two! It was a lot of fun watching the mob appear and disappear!

Jeff