San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

You know it won't be saturated until after you have made a trip down there . . . :D

:D;)

I'm waiting....

You're one to talk, Pat... :D

I've been a good lately. :D Mainly because I've been too busy to cache. :D But I do have 3 more ammo cans! :D

:D

Too funny.. I know how you feel..

You know it won't be saturated until after you have made a trip down there . . . :D

:D;)

I'm waiting....

You're one to talk, Pat... :D

I've been a good lately. :D Mainly because I've been too busy to cache. :D But I do have 3 more ammo cans! :D

:D

Too funny.. I know how you feel..

Three more from Miragee today along the loop. Worse yet there are some other virgin trails that interconnect the two that already have caches.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I thought tomorrow was Thursday.. :blink:

Did you really think I only cached on weekends? Sure had you fooled :D . I usually work a night shift once a week which gives me a few hours before the night shift to cache. Then after work, I may hit some more under cover of darkness :D . I need a life - wait, this is my life :D .

A little teaser :shocked: in a photo essay for some upcoming caches :( :

P5020005.jpg

The Sphinx {AKA Teddy} guarding the pyramids

P5020007.jpg

Miragee and FisnJack checking out some rocks

P5020008.jpg

The Pedestal

P5020012.jpg

Teddy dog-tired with Gaskill in the background

P5020014.jpg

The 'shroom on first approach

P5020015.jpg

The 'shroom in full bloom

P5020016.jpg

A photo of a photographer photographing the 'shroom

P5020019.jpg

A frog, at least to us

P5020021.jpg

Just one of the views to the west

P5020022.jpg

Another view

This was a very enjoyable hike of approx. 5 miles give or take. The better the atmosphere conditions the better the views. It is starting to get warm up there, although there was a pleasant breeze in the afternoon for our hike. Between Fisnjack, Teddy and myself we easily used 200oz of water, although we had also hiked down to the Ghost Corral and another small hike; Be Prepared! I do believe this would make a great hike for the photographer, the geologist, the nature lover, and even a geocacher or two :o !

This was a very enjoyable hike of approx. 5 miles give or take. The better the atmosphere conditions the better the views. It is starting to get warm up there, although there was a pleasant breeze in the afternoon for our hike. Between Fisnjack, Teddy and myself we easily used 200oz of water, although we had also hiked down to the Ghost Corral and another small hike; Be Prepared! I do believe this would make a great hike for the photographer, the geologist, the nature lover, and even a geocacher or two :unsure: !

Great Pictures! Thanks for sharing.

This was a very enjoyable hike of approx. 5 miles give or take. The better the atmosphere conditions the better the views. It is starting to get warm up there, although there was a pleasant breeze in the afternoon for our hike. Between Fisnjack, Teddy and myself we easily used 200oz of water, although we had also hiked down to the Ghost Corral and another small hike; Be Prepared! I do believe this would make a great hike for the photographer, the geologist, the nature lover, and even a geocacher or two :unsure: !

Excellent camera work. Please can I play with one or two of them?

This was a very enjoyable hike of approx. 5 miles give or take. The better the atmosphere conditions the better the views. It is starting to get warm up there, although there was a pleasant breeze in the afternoon for our hike. Between Fisnjack, Teddy and myself we easily used 200oz of water, although we had also hiked down to the Ghost Corral and another small hike; Be Prepared! I do believe this would make a great hike for the photographer, the geologist, the nature lover, and even a geocacher or two :blink: !

Harmon-

Even if I said no, would it stop you ;):unsure: !

Just kidding, feel free adjust as necessary for the public's viewing pleasure.

This was a very enjoyable hike of approx. 5 miles give or take. The better the atmosphere conditions the better the views. It is starting to get warm up there, although there was a pleasant breeze in the afternoon for our hike. Between Fisnjack, Teddy and myself we easily used 200oz of water, although we had also hiked down to the Ghost Corral and another small hike; Be Prepared! I do believe this would make a great hike for the photographer, the geologist, the nature lover, and even a geocacher or two :blink: !

Harmon-

Even if I said no, would it stop you ;):unsure: !

Just kidding, feel free adjust as necessary for the public's viewing pleasure.

The Devil makes me do it ... I'm hypnotized!

In truth the set above is really great as is. Your camera was handling color very nicely in this set. Hard to beat really good lighting. Well, you know, except for this one.

6d6aabf3-a967-4381-a8ce-c872f7c2bfd0.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies

For those wanting a ride up Gaskill/ Lawson Peak I'll be driving up on Saturday morning.

Trailhead location:

Another Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction

by Miragee

N 32° 42.818 W 116° 42.350

I'll be going up with Just Runs Jeep club. The rest of that group will probably just head to Pancake Rock and then head back down the way they came. They don't want to try and head out the direction where the caches are since the gate is probably locked. So I'll stay up there and continue finding caches. I't be great if there were a few other jeepers with me.

We're meeting at the Park and Ride at the I-8 and Japutal Rd. Park and Ride at 8:30.

I'd like to cache up there until around 4pm and then head back down the hill.

Dave

Edited by dhsundance

For those wanting a ride up Gaskill/ Lawson Peak I'll be driving up on Saturday morning.

Trailhead location:

Another Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction

by Miragee

N 32° 42.818 W 116° 42.350

I'll be going up with Just Runs Jeep club. The rest of that group will probably just head to Pancake Rock and then head back down the way they came. They don't want to try and head out the direction where the caches are since the gate is probably locked. So I'll stay up there and continue finding caches. I't be great if there were a few other jeepers with me.

We're meeting at the Park and Ride at the I-8 and Japutal Rd. Park and Ride at 8:30.

I'd like to cache up there until around 4pm and then head back down the hill.

Dave

Checked out JustRuns. So what rating is Lawson Peak? I don't know if I can make it, but it sounds fun. My setup is a pretty standard '90 wrangler. :laughing: Much fun to drive.

We hope to see you guys at this Flash Mob event. May 20th, Balboa Park, 9:00 - 9:15.

We could still use 2 more volunteers. A videographer (we've got the camcorder) and a public relations person (who will hand out fliers and tell muggle about geocaching).

Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/yv55zo

We have synchronized with 19 other Flash Mob Cache events around the world. We'll be compiling pictures and a roster from all the events and see what the total is!!

Come be part of it!!!

Oh, and we'll be givin' somthin' away ... 'cause we really want you to show up <_<<_<

Please contact us at podcacher@gmail.com to let us know! Thanks!

Edited by iTrax and FoxTail

We hope to see you guys at this Flash Mob event. May 20th, Balboa Park, 9:00 - 9:15.

We could still use 2 more volunteers. A videographer (we've got the camcorder) and a public relations person (who will hand out fliers and tell muggle about geocaching).

Here's the link:

We have synchronized with 19 other Flash Mob Cache events around the world. We'll be compiling pictures and a roster from all the events and see what the total is!!

Come be part of it!!!

Oh, and we'll be givin' somthin' away ... 'cause we really want you to show up :grin::laughing:

I can do the P.R. thing if you want...

Here's the link:

Come be part of it!!!

Oh, and we'll be givin' somthin' away ... 'cause we really want you to show up :grin::laughing:

I can do the P.R. thing if you want...

Your to kind Mr Flagman. :grin:

Any action in the desert planned for this weekend? If any brave soul needs a backup vehicle, count me in. If any intrepid soul needs to log Beyond Fonts without making the crazy climb down the cliff, I can be your spirit guide! Mother's Day is not a factor if 'mother' is encouraging the trip .... :drama:

It may be a bit on the warm side (98/63) but it is, after all, the desert.

So much desert, so little time ...

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :( } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

No definate plans and I am open to either one of the trails, just want to get the vehicle out and give it a try on a trail, nothing too rough, but just enough maybe to at least try-out the 4WD.

1969688449.jpg

Here's the link:

Come be part of it!!!

Oh, and we'll be givin' somthin' away ... 'cause we really want you to show up :laughing::(

I'd be happy to point your camera for you if you still need someone.

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :) } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

No definate plans and I am open to either one of the trails, just want to get the vehicle out and give it a try on a trail, nothing too rough, but just enough maybe to at least try-out the 4WD.

Slight update, seems it is going to be the Bear Valley area.

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :huh: } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

Good choice - that one isn't too rough. :blink:

d535fe89-506c-451e-9f42-3629f63f1997.jpg

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :blink: } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

Good choice - that one isn't too rough. :P

There is that one slightly hairy stretch right after that part.... :huh:

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :blink: } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

No challenge at either locale for your new wheels; my 2wd '88 Nissan p'up made it through both locales with no problems. At Bear Valley, I even drove in 3/4 of the way to Dream State.

You want a challenge, lets drive up to Lawson 4; well, at least to the base, and then over to Gaskill - or over on In-Kah-Pah towards Paxton's Villa. Hymm, there is an FTF to be had there ....

Edited by Chuy!

Good choice - that one isn't too rough. :huh:

There is that one slightly hairy stretch right after that part.... :D

Crud! And haven't even made my first payment yet. :D:P:D No really, that is somewhat photoshopped, Right? :D

Start time near the Buckman Springs/Bear Valley Road start should be about 8:30ish.

Edited by CTYankee9

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :huh: } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

No challenge at either locale for your new wheels; my 2wd '88 Nissan p'up made it through both locales with no problems. At Bear Valley, I even drove in 3/4 of the way to Dream State.

You want a challenge, lets drive up to Lawson 4; well, at least to the base, and then over to Gaskill - or over on In-Kah-Pah towards Paxton's Villa. Hymm, there is an FTF to be had there ....

Let me try these two trails first and then we will see what it can handle. :blink: Hopefully I can afford a suspension lift in the future and some larger tires to get it into the good spots.

I now have a 83 toyota 4x truck that has a locker rearend limted slip in the front dual Bilstens in the front and 4 in the rear. I have some minor work left to do, IE install windshield and install the seat brackets for my Mastercraft seats. Should be ready to cache with it next month. I'll haul SKILLET out to.This is no panze truck its full on "GET ER DONE "truck. Will let you know. :P:blink:

If anyone is interested I am going to do either the Bear Valley or the Otay Truck trail caches on Tuesday the 15th. I just picked-up a new {or at least new to me :D } GeoMobile; an '03 Chevrolet Blazer 2dr 4WD, and am itching to try it out on it's innagural geocaching trip. I should have an x-tra seat open or anyone else wants to come along with their vehicle.

Good choice - that one isn't too rough. :P

There is that one slightly hairy stretch right after that part.... :blink:

Crud! And haven't even made my first payment yet. :huh::D:D No really, that is somewhat photoshopped, Right? :D

Start time near the Buckman Springs/Bear Valley Road start should be about 8:30ish.

Hehe, yes, it's a Banter special. However, I did christen the skid plate right there so watch out for that one rock! It was a bit of a bumpy ride - haven't been able to talk the family into going for those wild rides after that one. :D

Let me try these two trails first and then we will see what it can handle. :blink: Hopefully I can afford a suspension lift in the future and some larger tires to get it into the good spots.

Unfortunately, I can't make the weekday trip (the work thing) but I'll try to tag along on the next weekend trip. My Tacoma was nicely broken in (fortunately, not broken up) on the duganrm tour of Bear Valley a while back (aka Rommel Drives Deep Into Egypt). Nice off-road tour and lots of caches. Photos of the 7 vehicle expedition are here. I can probably dig up the Bear Valley track if you need it. If you want to ease your Blazer into the desert runs, Dos Cabezas is a nice 4WD day trip with some good primitive camp sites if you want to camp out (I suspect you may already know the area well!). I explored the area for the first time last weekend and wouldn't mind going back.

Don't get talked into the Lawson 4 run -- I did it on foot and picked up enough jeep parts on the "road" to make it a CITO event :P

Edited by M2

I now have a 83 toyota 4x truck that has a locker rearend limted slip in the front dual Bilstens in the front and 4 in the rear. I have some minor work left to do, IE install windshield and install the seat brackets for my Mastercraft seats. Should be ready to cache with it next month. I'll haul SKILLET out to.This is no panze truck its full on "GET ER DONE "truck. Will let you know. :huh:B)

I call shotgun :rolleyes: .

I now have a 83 toyota 4x truck that has a locker rearend limted slip in the front dual Bilstens in the front and 4 in the rear. I have some minor work left to do, IE install windshield and install the seat brackets for my Mastercraft seats. Should be ready to cache with it next month. I'll haul SKILLET out to.This is no panze truck its full on "GET ER DONE "truck. Will let you know. :o:)

I call shotgun :o .

You got it. Its even got a 4 point racing harness so i'll let you know.

FLASH MOB EVENT

If 19 events are going to be held at the same time and at least 30 people show up (I'm sure it'll be more) that's 570 attendies. wouldn't this qualify for a MEGA Event.

I'm mean you can have a Multi-Cache that counts as one.

How about a Multi-Event that counts as one= Mega Event :laughing::laughing:

Just a thought :laughing::anitongue:

At the POST Flash Mob Cache Event (Link) - Immediately following the PodCacher Flash Mob Cache Event (Link)

Jaredloser and Shelby of Team Duckit will be collecting old cell phones to donate to the San Diego Zoo's cell phone recycling project. Ask your friends, family and co-workers for their old phones, chargers and batteries.

An ore called Coltan (columbite-tantalite) is a source of the element tantalum which is an essential coating for components of cell phones. This ore is often found in the Congo in the middle of endangered gorilla and elephant habitats. These animals are being killed by rebel bands of natives mining this ore. The U.N. has reported that in the past five years, the eastern lowland gorilla population in the Congo has declined 90%. Reducing the demand for Coltan will help save these animals and their habitat.

Link to San Diego Zoo (Link)

If you have any questions, I can be reached through my profile.

Thank you in advance for supporting Jared and Shelby's efforts.

At the POST Flash Mob Cache Event (Link) - Immediately following the PodCacher Flash Mob Cache Event (Link)

Jaredloser and Shelby of Team Duckit will be collecting old cell phones to donate to the San Diego Zoo's cell phone recycling project. Ask your friends, family and co-workers for their old phones, chargers and batteries.

An ore called Coltan (columbite-tantalite) is a source of the element tantalum which is an essential coating for components of cell phones. This ore is often found in the Congo in the middle of endangered gorilla and elephant habitats. These animals are being killed by rebel bands of natives mining this ore. The U.N. has reported that in the past five years, the eastern lowland gorilla population in the Congo has declined 90%. Reducing the demand for Coltan will help save these animals and their habitat.

Link to San Diego Zoo (Link)

If you have any questions, I can be reached through my profile.

Thank you in advance for supporting Jared and Shelby's efforts.

More specifically, small amounts of tantalum are used in the manufacture of tantalum capacitors. Tantalum capacitors are valued because they are very small relative to other kinds of capacitors and thus they used in almost all consumer electronic devices.

Unfortunately I can't cache on Saturdays {a work-day for me! :) }, but if anyone else is interested I am going to do the Otay Truck Trail this Monday. After the fun I had on my new GeoMobile's virgin drive along the Bear Valley Loop, I am ready for some more <_< .

No definate plans as of yet for Otay Truck Trail, although I prefer to start O dark 30 :laughing: and I will go until exhausted, figure bring a lunch and make a whole day of it. Not certain which end I will start at or which end I will end, but possibly from the west end and then if there is still an interest do some of the caches along the 94 going east bound for a bit.

Unfortunately I can't cache on Saturdays {a work-day for me! <_< }, but if anyone else is interested I am going to do the Otay Truck Trail this Monday. After the fun I had on my new GeoMobile's virgin drive along the Bear Valley Loop, I am ready for some more :) .

No definate plans as of yet for Otay Truck Trail, although I prefer to start O dark 30 :laughing: and I will go until exhausted, figure bring a lunch and make a whole day of it. Not certain which end I will start at or which end I will end, but possibly from the west end and then if there is still an interest do some of the caches along the 94 going east bound for a bit.

We need to try to shift one commitment, but if that is successful, we would like to tag along.

Anything planned Saturday morning?

TA

How about old highway 80? New caches popped up. :laughing:

Did I just talk to myself? :laughing:

:laughing: Did anyone answer you other than yourself? Just curious about details....

Hmm.. A schizophrenic cache idea perhaps..

Reminds me of a poem...

Roses are red

Violets are blue

I'm schizophrenic

and so am I