San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Is anybody thinking about going to the desert this weekend just for Saturday?

Me!! I have to work Friday night and most of the day Sunday. :laughing:

Ramona is on my way....

9f0c1a98-de02-470e-9a5e-d929ccda0e94.jpg

:lol: Hmmm, isn't it your turn.... :anitongue:

Sure is. Just let me know what time.

Anytime after 8AM is fine with me....

7:30 it is then...just kidding.

Hey look, 300 posts.

Me!! I have to work Friday night and most of the day Sunday. :o

Ramona is on my way....

<_< Hmmm, isn't it your turn.... :unsure:

Hmmm, won't that make you late for the cito event that starts at 8:30 ???? :o

-ette

Ramona is on my way....

:o Hmmm, isn't it your turn.... <_<

-ette

You're killin' me.... :o:unsure:

Ramona is on my way....

<_< Hmmm, isn't it your turn.... :o

-ette

You're killin' me.... :o:unsure:

:o Yea Pat, ya have to help clean up!! :(

Ramona is on my way....

:o Hmmm, isn't it your turn.... :(

-ette

You're killin' me.... :o:o

<_< Yea Pat, ya have to help clean up!! :unsure:

I'll try my best but it lasts for a couple of hours. If I get there a little late can I get 3/4 of a smiley? 33efac52-0d9b-4225-a169-020854e6cec4.jpg

I'll try my best but it lasts for a couple of hours. If I get there a little late can I get 3/4 of a smiley? 33efac52-0d9b-4225-a169-020854e6cec4.jpg

It starts at 0900 but the sign in and Safety brief I would like to get done before that. <_< So get there by 0900 and you get a full smiley :o Early is always better then late (in most cases) :unsure:

Edited by SKILLET
It starts at 0900 but the sign in and Safety brief I would like to get done before that. :blink: So get there by 0900 and you get a full smiley :D Early is always better then late (in most cases) :unsure:
Thanks. I heard the safety stuff the last time I was there. All I need is a bag and one of those picker-uppers. I can follow one of the groups and pickup all the stuff they leave behind... ;)

By the way are all the new caches out there published yet?

Edited by TrailGators
It starts at 0900 but the sign in and Safety brief I would like to get done before that. :D So get there by 0900 and you get a full smiley :D Early is always better then late (in most cases) ;)
Thanks. I heard the safety stuff the last time I was there. All I need is a bag and one of those picker-uppers. I can follow one of the groups and pickup all the stuff they leave behind... :D

We put out four new ones..............to be done after the cito.......of coarse! :unsure::blink:

-ette

It starts at 0900 but the sign in and Safety brief I would like to get done before that. :D So get there by 0900 and you get a full smiley :D Early is always better then late (in most cases) ;)
Thanks. I heard the safety stuff the last time I was there. All I need is a bag and one of those picker-uppers. I can follow one of the groups and pickup all the stuff they leave behind... :D

I got a new one that should be ready for saturday :unsure::blink:

We put out four new ones..............to be done after the cito.......of coarse! :unsure::blink:

-ette

If I can't get there until 9:15AM, I'll have no choice but to go find them... :D
It starts at 0900 but the sign in and Safety brief I would like to get done before that. :D So get there by 0900 and you get a full smiley :D Early is always better then late (in most cases) :D

We put out four new ones..............to be done after the cito.......of coarse! :blink:;)

-ette

If I can't get there until 9:15AM, I'll have no choice but to go find them... :D

If you give me the coords.. I will make puzzle out of them for Trailgators. :unsure::D

Your Local Weather

For Ocotillo, CA 92259

Change Location

Alert

Non Precipitation Advisory

WIND ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON MST /NOON PDT/ TODAY TO 8 PM MST /8 PM PDT/ THIS EVENING... More

Live Conditions 11:56 AM

Naval Air FacilityChange Tracking Station

Temp

73.9°F

Switch to Celsius

mph

So Far Today

* Lo: 60°F

* Rain: 0.00"

* Hi: 74°F

* Gust: WSW 53

* Heat Index: 75°F

* Humidity: 27%

* Dew Point: 39°F

More Observations

Your Forecast for Ocotillo, CA

Though it does change hour by hour.

Edited by DaMoores

Looks like I will be driving down by myself very early Sat morning, will be contra dancing Fri night. I would have plenty of room for anyone that wants a ride. I plan on spending the night however. I didn't see any mention of whether or not the bridge was open so I assume that it is. See you all early in the AM good lord willing and the creeks don't rise. OH 619-424-7011 if you need to call

We're heading out tonight. I'll stop by and say hi (tonight that is). I'll be there for the CITO tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all. We'll be staying at D Ranch this time. :D

Now.....my Jeep TB is in for repairs. Yup, I busted a spring, so replacing them all now. It's 1 1/2 inches higher up......crossing my fingers and pleading really hard with the spring people to let me have it today.

Is anyone taking radios and if so, what channel? Just in case something happens . . .

I'll have a radio. I am not sure which channel is good for that area, but 2 or 11 seems to be the geo-number. We should be up there around 7pm tonight. We will have channel 2 set unless someone has a better one. Not everyone has sub-channels so just the normal channel 2.

TA

Is anyone taking radios and if so, what channel? Just in case something happens . . .

I'll have a radio. I am not sure which channel is good for that area, but 2 or 11 seems to be the geo-number. We should be up there around 7pm tonight. We will have channel 2 set unless someone has a better one. Not everyone has sub-channels so just the normal channel 2.

TA

Channel 2 it is...but a little birdie told me something about the number 39 today.cake447.gif

TA

Channel 2 it is...but a little birdie told me something about the number 39 today.cake447.gif

Happy Birthday! :huh:
We're heading out tonight. I'll stop by and say hi (tonight that is). I'll be there for the CITO tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you all. We'll be staying at D Ranch this time. :huh:

Now.....my Jeep TB is in for repairs. Yup, I busted a spring, so replacing them all now. It's 1 1/2 inches higher up......crossing my fingers and pleading really hard with the spring people to let me have it today.

I won't be there so everybody be safe and have fun. Look for me at the campout in Oct. I even got a toyota 4x4 p/u that will keep up with your jeeps.

Happy Birthday! :laughing:

Thanks Guys! We had a great time with everyone as short as it was.

TA

How was the wind last night?

I dont know what the speed was, probably 45/50 mph. Three tents had their polls broken, but ours was ok. I enjoyed it all, but it make sleeping a little crazy!

Happy Birthday! :laughing:

TA

I dont know what the speed was, probably 45/50 mph. Three tents had their polls broken, but ours was ok. I enjoyed it all, but it make sleeping a little crazy!

Been there done that. My son and I once woke up in the desert with our tent laying on top of us because the wind broke both the poles on our tent. At least when they broke, it stopped all the zippers from jingling and the sides from flapping loudly and hitting us so we could finally get to sleep... :laughing:

Happy Birthday! :huh:

TA

Wind what wind, I didn't feel a thing :laughing: I did have to close one of the windows, it was whistling for some reason :laughing: or maybe it was howling :laughing:

Ummmmm....

Where to start......WIND!!!!!!! naw!!!!! broke two poles, ripped the fly 3 places. Did I sat we broke two poles?, ripped a 2x4 hole in the tents side. All four of our sleeping bags were full of sand. Boy...Thats sand gets into EVERYTHING!!!!! :laughing:

Got to go on one of Chuys nite runs. no FTFs though. But did get a surprise!!!!!!

I am so glad I didin't have to use my tow straps to get ME out. Glad we had them.

The birthday went as good as it could have with the breeze we had. I would like thank Fattboy for his special song.

Met Mrs. Skillet...I never knew he was married. She's really cool.

Oh Ya.... Picked up a couple of bags of trash and one cache went missing.

As again as last year....With all that went awry. I don't think I would change anything, Well maybe some more rain.

Would like to thank Skillet for the use of the lovely facilities.

Pictures to follow as soon as Heidi learns how to do it.

Edited by DaMoores

Happy Birthday! :D

TA

Been there done that. My son and I once woke up in the desert with our tent laying on top of us because the wind broke both the poles on our tent. At least when they broke, it stopped all the zippers from jingling and the sides from flapping loudly and hitting us so we could finally get to sleep... :D

Edited by Chuck B

Happy Birthday! :D

TA

Been there done that. My son and I once woke up in the desert with our tent laying on top of us because the wind broke both the poles on our tent. At least when they broke, it stopped all the zippers from jingling and the sides from flapping loudly and hitting us so we could finally get to sleep... :D

When I went over to my tent to go to bed the wind was blowing so hard it had moved the tent about two or three feet even though it was tied to my truck by three ropes. It had already broken one pole which we fixed. I decided then I would sleep better in the truck, so took blanket and pillow and slept in the passenger seat with it put all the way down. I also had dropped the tent, so it wouldn't blow away or create more damage. In the morning it had a lot of sand inside. :D

:D-->

QUOTE(Chuck B @ Apr 16 2007, 03:55 PM) 2819819[/snapback]
When I went over to my tent to go to bed the wind was blowing so hard it had moved the tent about two or three feet even though it was tied to my truck by three ropes. It had already broken one pole which we fixed. I decided then I would sleep better in the truck, so took blanket and pillow and slept in the passenger seat with it put all the way down. I also had dropped the tent, so it wouldn't blow away or create more damage. In the morning it had a lot of sand inside. :D

A little thwea05.gif isn't so bad we could of had light006.gif

orwthr26.gif or baum26.gif it's still fun.

:D I just wanted to say what a great time I had with the SDCET this weekend. This was my first CITO and campout (although I couldn't spend the night), and I really enjoyed it. Many thanks to SKILLET for the hospitality, the food, and the tour, and also to Team Adelos and Chuy for the rides. You guys really made me feel welcome, and it was great to meet some more cachers from SD and some from out of state too. I hope to see you all again soon! :D

Team Fatman Wrote:

I won't be there so everybody be safe and have fun. Look for me at the campout in Oct. I even got a toyota :D 4x4 p/u that will keep up with your jeeps.

SlabyFam Reply

Thats Funny Team Fatman

MayBe we can play follow the leader :D:D:D:D:D

Edited by SlabyFam