San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Alright already!! I will post! So here it is..

So....... what is going on this weekend? I have ALL kids this time, ages 4, 13 & 14. I need some cache ideas that our little Ivy would like and is safe. Any ideas out there on what is 4 year old friendly? :D

TA

You could give her a piggy back ride up El Cajon mountain! :anibad: Go daddy go! :anitongue:

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :blink: I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

I have a most of them but a couple are still out there to get. This was 6+ hours last time I went without to many detours. It will be for the better part of the day. Any takers?

TA

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :o I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

I have a most of them but a couple are still out there to get. This was 6+ hours last time I went without to many detours. It will be for the better part of the day. Any takers?

TA

I gota ask the wife :blink:

I'm the king of the castle, When she's not home.

Edited by DaMoores

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :o I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I gota ask the wife :(

I have to ask too. But if you start too early I won't be asking... :blink:

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :( I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I gota ask the wife :(

I have to ask too. But if you start too early I won't be asking... :)

I can wait a little bit.. what start time did you have in mind. I can always eat break before you get there. :huh:

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :) I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I gota ask the wife :huh: I'm the king of the castle, When she's not home.
I have to ask too. But if you start too early I won't be asking... :(

I can wait a little bit.. what start time did you have in mind. I can always eat break before you get there. :(
I can't get all the way down there until at least 8:30AM. It's an hour drive for me. But I actually need to hike a bit. I'm getting out of shape because I got pretty sick after the desert hike and haven't done squat since mainly because I've been coughing, sneezing and hacking. It was some PITA virus that was really hard to shake. I'm almost better now but I need some exercise. Miragee has some new caches that I heard are good and are not too hard a hike. I was actually thinking of doing Otay when it got too hot to go hiking. It doesn't matter if it's hot because you can basically sit on your hinder all day in a vehicle for those.... Edited by TrailGators

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :( I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I gota ask the wife :) I'm the king of the castle, When she's not home.
I have to ask too. But if you start too early I won't be asking... :huh:

I can wait a little bit.. what start time did you have in mind. I can always eat break before you get there. :(
I can't get all the way down there until at least 8:30AM. It's an hour drive for me. But I actually need to hike a bit. I'm getting out of shape because I got pretty sick after the desert hike and haven't done squat since mainly because I've been coughing, sneezing and hacking. It was some PITA virus that was really hard to shake. I'm almost better now but I need some exercise. Miragee has some new caches that I heard are good and are not too hard a hike. I was actually thinking of doing Otay when it got too hot to go hiking. It doesn't matter if it's hot because you can basically sit on your hinder all day in a vehicle for those....

If the final verdict is you are doing some Miragee caches at either Loveland Res. area or the Horsethief area and the sun, moon align with the will of the wife then I would be interested in going on either day. Will keep an eye on the forum to see what is decided.

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :D I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I gota ask the wife <_< I'm the king of the castle, When she's not home.
I have to ask too. But if you start too early I won't be asking... <_<

I can wait a little bit.. what start time did you have in mind. I can always eat break before you get there. :ph34r:
I can't get all the way down there until at least 8:30AM. It's an hour drive for me. But I actually need to hike a bit. I'm getting out of shape because I got pretty sick after the desert hike and haven't done squat since mainly because I've been coughing, sneezing and hacking. It was some PITA virus that was really hard to shake. I'm almost better now but I need some exercise. Miragee has some new caches that I heard are good and are not too hard a hike. I was actually thinking of doing Otay when it got too hot to go hiking. It doesn't matter if it's hot because you can basically sit on your hinder all day in a vehicle for those....

If the final verdict is you are doing some Miragee caches at either Loveland Res. area or the Horsethief area and the sun, moon align with the will of the wife then I would be interested in going on either day. Will keep an eye on the forum to see what is decided.

:D Yes, if you decide on a hike rather than a ride please let me know or post it . I might be able to go also. I don't have to worry about the wife or the moon...just yard work and chores. r/jodi

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :D I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I can wait a little bit.. what start time did you have in mind. I can always eat break before you get there. :ph34r:

:D Yes, if you decide on a hike rather than a ride please let me know or post it . I might be able to go also. I don't have to worry about the wife or the moon...just yard work and chores. r/jodi

The boss says I can go on Saturday! :D Not sure which one to do....How about Horsethief? Is that a long one? Plus maybe we can finally hit Karen's Carveacre Wind Caves TC and other GCs in that area.... So how about if we meet at the Descanso P&R off Hwy 8 at 8:30AMish? Edited by TrailGators

TA

Otay Truck Trail, Loveland, Horsethief Canyon -- it's all good, so count me in. I'll have an open seat if anyone needs a ride.

M2

Hey, this sounds like something we may want to do. Our son, Jeff, will be in town on leave from the Airforce. He does not know about geocaching so this would be a great way to introduce him to the sport. <_< Will let you know after we check it out..

Edited by kwver

Anyone interested in the Otay Truck Trail this Saturday? I need to take a nice drive on a mountain. :ph34r: I was thinking of maybe even breakfast in the morning if others are game. It is suppose to be clear, nice day. Would probably start out between 8 or 9am.

TA

I gota ask the wife :D I'm the king of the castle, When she's not home.
I have to ask too. But if you start too early I won't be asking... :D

I can wait a little bit.. what start time did you have in mind. I can always eat break before you get there. <_<

<_< Yes, if you decide on a hike rather than a ride please let me know or post it . I might be able to go also. I don't have to worry about the wife or the moon...just yard work and chores. r/jodi

Otay Truck Trail, Loveland, Horsethief Canyon -- it's all good, so count me in. I'll have an open seat if anyone needs a ride.

M2

I think some are going to Otay and some are going to Horsethief/Wind Caves...

For those of you that want to join us for a hike instead of driving up Otay. Below is a map showing the caches in Horsethief Canyon and the caches near the Carveacre Wind Caves. The meeting spot is the upper right corner at the Descanso P&R. Meeting time is 8:30AM on Saturday if that's OK with everyone....

I think the Horsethief hike is about 5 miles and it is about anoother 2-3 miels to get all the Carveacre caches (except the ones around Gaskill and Lawson - those would make for a good hike on another day).

921c431c-454e-4416-9761-7172756c15dd.jpg

For those of you that want to join us for a hike instead of driving up Otay. Below is a map showing the caches in Horsethief Canyon and the caches near the Carveacre Wind Caves. The meeting spot is the upper right corner at the Descanso P&R. Meeting time is 8:30AM on Saturday if that's OK with everyone....

I think the Horsethief hike is about 5 miles and it is about anoother 2-3 miels to get all the Carveacre caches (except the ones around Gaskill and Lawson - those would make for a good hike on another day).

I'm in for the Horsethief hike on Saturday with the meeting place being the Descanso park and ride at 8:30am. Is there a cache at the Descanso park and ride so I'll be able to find the place.

Horse Thief sounds great. I am a little unclear whether anyone to do the Otay Truck trail. I am happy to drive Otay if anyone still wants to hit those caches, it is a great drive when the weather is clear. Otherwise, I would love to do the hike also. I would not do both in the same day. The truck trail take somewhere around 6+ hours to do; longer if you enjoy the views. :lostsignal:

Glad to see some other ideas pop up. This forum was quiet for a bit.

TA

Horse Thief sounds great. I am a little unclear whether anyone to do the Otay Truck trail. I am happy to drive Otay if anyone still wants to hit those caches, it is a great drive when the weather is clear. Otherwise, I would love to do the hike also. I would not do both in the same day. The truck trail take somewhere around 6+ hours to do; longer if you enjoy the views. :)

TA

It sounded like SuperDave and Jared wanted to do Otay. I think Lost Guy and I wanted to do Horsethief/Wind Caves. It's not clear what M3 and the others were thinking. So there are maybe two options this weekend.... All I know is that it is supposed to be a nice day Saturday. :lostsignal:
Horse Thief sounds great. I am a little unclear whether anyone to do the Otay Truck trail. I am happy to drive Otay if anyone still wants to hit those caches, it is a great drive when the weather is clear. Otherwise, I would love to do the hike also. I would not do both in the same day. The truck trail take somewhere around 6+ hours to do; longer if you enjoy the views. :)

TA

It sounded like SuperDave and Jared wanted to do Otay. I think Lost Guy and I wanted to do Horsethief/Wind Caves. It's not clear what M3 and the others were thinking. So there are maybe two options this weekend.... All I know is that it is supposed to be a nice day Saturday. :lostsignal:

I think I may want to do the hike. I have some busy weekends coming up so I better get out there while I can.

TA

I think I may want to do the hike. I have some busy weekends coming up so I better get out there while I can.

I'm leaning toward the Otay truck trail if anyone else (SuperDave and Jared?) goes for that option. I've been wanting to do that drive for a while and the caches are a bonus. I'm a bit behind on my goal of 1000 caches by 2038. Does anyone have the route handy?

M2

I'm in for the Horsethief hike on Saturday with the meeting place being the Descanso park and ride at 8:30am. Is there a cache at the Descanso park and ride so I'll be able to find the place.

Also there are three or four additional caches on that Horsethief loop, that were posted in the past week. Unfortunately I can't go due to work... But,

Should anyone have odd days off like myself; I was planning on doing the Lawson/Gaskill peaks on Monday the 2nd, weather permitting. It would be a bright and early start near the cache "Holey Poley", drive up near the Carveacre caches and grab those three and finally hike up and over the two peaks going south and finish-up at "Another Lyons Valley Roadside Distraction". If all goes right it would be an all day hike with time to stop and enjoy the views. A drop car at the finish cache would be nice :lostsignal: , or if not my Daughter should be able to pick-up and bring back hikers to the start. Miragee was kind enough to give me some info on the area, parking, hiking route and what-not.

I'm leaning toward the Otay truck trail if anyone else (SuperDave and Jared?) goes for that option. I've been wanting to do that drive for a while and the caches are a bonus. I'm a bit behind on my goal of 1000 caches by 2038. Does anyone have the route handy?

M2

I have the route. It is a pretty nice ride with great views. I am planning to take the jeep, but almost any vehicle can do it. I will likely have the older kids along. Bring your camera. What time would you like to meet? I think last time I went, we met others by the TGIF in Rancho San Diego, then drove down. There is also a Dennies near there where we could meet for breakfast if you and others would like.

The Otay Truck Trail starts at the GCHBKD: Mossy Oak and goes all the way to the other end by GCGCJ4: Dos Amigos Otay Mountain. That is about 26+ caches. There is also a Terracache in that path as well.

Here is the tracks from my last drive.

Otay Tracks (GPX)

TA

Edited by Team Adelos

M2

I have the route. It is a pretty nice ride with great views. I am planning to take the jeep, but almost any vehicle can do it. I will likely have the older kids along. Bring your camera. What time would you like to meet? I think last time I went, we met others by the TGIF in Rancho San Diego, then drove down. There is also a Dennies near there where we could meet for breakfast if you and others would like.

The Otay Truck Trail starts at the GCHBKD: Mossy Oak and goes all the way to the other end by GCGCJ4: Dos Amigos Otay Mountain. That is about 26+ caches. There is also a Terracache in that path as well.

Otay Tracks (GPX)

TA

Thanks for the track! Meeting for breakfast at Denny's sounds good (the closest one I can see is 2642 Jamacha Rd,) is that the right one? 8:00? 9:00? Any time works for me, I only have to drive from La Mesa. I have zero caches from the route but I really don't need to hit them all this time and hold everyone up. I'll just go back and pick up what I miss later. If the weather is anything like today, the views should be awesome. Looking forward to the ride! Extra seat open ... Miragee?

M2

Otay Tracks (GPX)

TA

Thanks for the track! Meeting for breakfast at Denny's sounds good (the closest one I can see is 2642 Jamacha Rd,) is that the right one? 8:00? 9:00? Any time works for me, I only have to drive from La Mesa. I have zero caches from the route but I really don't need to hit them all this time and hold everyone up. I'll just go back and pick up what I miss later. If the weather is anything like today, the views should be awesome. Looking forward to the ride! Extra seat open ... Miragee?

Yup.. thats the one. 8am sounds good for breakfast and we can start driving down campo around 9am. Anyone else is welcomed to join us. It is an all day drive with some hikes. Let us know if you will be there for breakfast so we can make room..

TA

ps: email me for my cell

M2

Otay Tracks (GPX)

TA

Yup.. thats the one. 8am sounds good for breakfast and we can start driving down campo around 9am. Anyone else is welcomed to join us. It is an all day drive with some hikes. Let us know if you will be there for breakfast so we can make room..

TA

ps: email me for my cell

We'll be there 7:45 Starbucks - 8 Denny's - We also have zero, so it will be a long day. :P

Just to be sure I don't drive out here for nothing is this hike still on?

Yes! If you want I can swing through Ramona and get you.....

Sounds good to me. :smile:

Sounds good to me. :smile:

I'll be at the Descanso park and ride at 8:30am. See ya.

Sounds good to me. :laughing:

I'll be at the Descanso park and ride at 8:30am. See ya.

:P Sorry I missed the hike. I had to work all night...unexpectedly...and I got home at 0400..and then had to get a truckload of mulch to spread by hand. Sure would have rather been caching...(Like John was !) r/ jodi

The "members" of the SDCET got split up this weekend. Some hiked Horsethief Canyon and the Carveacre Wind Caves, others went to Otay Mountain. LLOT and I hiked the west side of McGinty. This is what our tracks and the profile of our nearly 10-mile hike looked like.

6173cbdc-e08d-452b-af83-aebecc6fb1b3.jpg

For now, I finally have that mountain cleared off . . . except for some puzzling puzzles . . . :P

M2

Otay Tracks (GPX)

TA

The ride up and over Otay Mountain was a great SDCET expedition! Thanks to Team Adelos for being our "Spirit Guide" and leading the way. Superdave's Suburban was as nimble as a jeep :rolleyes: . Lots of great caches, especially Keep on Rollin' -- what a diabolical hide! Tough to find and it was well guarded by a wild bee hive at GZ and a Red Diamond Rattlesnake hidden in the grass nearby. Great run! Photos up at SD Geocachers photo gallery.

Since Caltrans doesn't allow Kids and dogs on the highway cleanups :blink::blink: . Jaredloser wanted to have a CITO where kids and dogs are welcome :unsure: , and there is no better place than Fiesta Island on Mission Bay

So we now have our own CITO.

San Diego Earth Day CITO at Fiesta Island - GC11QYT

While we are only committed for the west side of the Island, I'm hoping for a big turnout and clean the whole Island.

Everyone is welcome, you don't have to be a kid or a dog. But you are encouraged to act like a kid or a dog for some :laughing::laughing::rolleyes:

Edited by SuperDave!
Hey guys here's a unique event! We hope you can make it and be part of this ... happening. It should be fun!

http://tinyurl.com/yv55zo

Read the details of the event and see why it may be a bit different ...

Tell others! Let's get a crowd!

:cry: Only 15 minutes long and it's over??? Who's gonna sign Duganrm in? ( just kidding Richard..I couldn't help it!..John made me say that!)