San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Anyone going to ABDSP this coming long weekend (17-19 Feb)? I will probably be in the Borrego Mountain area but flexibility abounds.
What is ABDSP?

Try Anza Borrago Desert State Park. I thought everyone knew that :huh: I think it is the largest Cal state Park too :laughing: Hey M2 stop by if your in the area. :huh:

Anyone going to ABDSP this coming long weekend (17-19 Feb)? I will probably be in the Borrego Mountain area but flexibility abounds.
What is ABDSP?

Try Anza Borrago Desert State Park. I thought everyone knew that :huh: I think it is the largest Cal state Park too :laughing: Hey M2 stop by if your in the area. :P

I believe ABDSP is the largest desert state park in the contiguous United States at that! I'll look for the flag and drop by to say hello.

What is ABDSP?

Try Anza Borrago Desert State Park. I thought everyone knew that :laughing: I think it is the largest Cal state Park too :huh: Hey M2 stop by if your in the area. :P

I believe ABDSP is the largest desert state park in the contiguous United States at that! I'll look for the flag and drop by to say hello.

I still need to get out there to do that cool mile hike that Jahoadi was talking about a couple of months ago. I can't remember the name of the cache.....
If anyone is interested in the Spring 50-mile Rosarito to Ensenada bike ride, now is a good time to break out the bike and hit some hills! I'm signed up.

It's on Saturday, April 21st.

Now that is something to think about. Maybe I should get some road tires for my mountain bike.

Or splurge and get a road bike :laughing::huh: .

I haven't decided if I'm taking the heavy Mtn bike or my relatively light hybrid. It may depend on what "lostguy" decides.

What is ABDSP?

Try Anza Borrago Desert State Park. I thought everyone knew that :P I think it is the largest Cal state Park too :huh: Hey M2 stop by if your in the area. :D

I still need to get out there to do that cool mile hike that Jahoadi was talking about a couple of months ago. I can't remember the name of the cache.....

:laughing: Pat it is the Domelands..8 miles and it is a BLAST!!!!!! When we going????r/jodi

If anyone is interested in the Spring 50-mile Rosarito to Ensenada bike ride, now is a good time to break out the bike and hit some hills! I'm signed up.

Now that is something to think about. Maybe I should get some road tires for my mountain bike.

:laughing: John and i rode our MTBs. It was a blast, except I couldn't keep up with Downhill Dick on the long hills..and I didn't see much of Chuy! Wanna ride with me??? r/jodi

What is ABDSP?

Try Anza Borrago Desert State Park. I thought everyone knew that :D I think it is the largest Cal state Park too :D Hey M2 stop by if your in the area. :laughing:

:P Pat it is the Domelands..8 miles and it is a BLAST!!!!!! When we going????r/jodi

Yea, that's it! Domelands! :huh: Let me check the calendar!
What is ABDSP?

Try Anza Borrago Desert State Park. I thought everyone knew that :) I think it is the largest Cal state Park too ;) Hey M2 stop by if your in the area. :D

:lol: Pat it is the Domelands..8 miles and it is a BLAST!!!!!! When we going????r/jodi

Yea, that's it! Domelands! :D Let me check the calendar!

I am interested.. It would be nice to get back there before the heat kicks up a few notches..

TA

;) John and i rode our MTBs. It was a blast, except I couldn't keep up with Downhill Dick on the long hills..and I didn't see much of Chuy! Wanna ride with me??? r/jodi

Are you going? I haven't signed up yet. If all you guys are signed up I'll do it right now.

I rode my mountain bike the last time I did this ride but that was a loooong time ago. :lol:

Or splurge and get a road bike :blink::huh: .

I haven't decided if I'm taking the heavy Mtn bike or my relatively light hybrid. It may depend on what "lostguy" decides.

:blink: What did "Lostguy" decide? Toby's Gang and I are riding MTBs. We'd like to ride the same bus as you though....what time are you picking? Start looking for more micros on the Strand...I have to start training this week! r/ jodi

:huh: John and i rode our MTBs. It was a blast, except I couldn't keep up with Downhill Dick on the long hills..and I didn't see much of Chuy! Wanna ride with me??? r/jodi

What are you talking about, WE ALL waited for you at the top of the climbs :blink: .

We all had Mtn bikes last Sep. It was the first time for me and it was a much softer ride than my hybrid, but that dual suspension mtn bike weighs a ton :blink: .

:huh: John and i rode our MTBs. It was a blast, except I couldn't keep up with Downhill Dick on the long hills..and I didn't see much of Chuy! Wanna ride with me??? r/jodi

What are you talking about, WE ALL waited for you at the top of the climbs :blink: .

We all had Mtn bikes last Sep. It was the first time for me and it was a much softer ride than my hybrid, but that dual suspension mtn bike weighs a ton :blink: .

I'll ride whatever bike you guys decide on. Mountain bike was a little more comfortable but road bike is a little faster. Slow is good. Should we all sign up for the 5:30 bus again. Worked out pretty good last time.

Or splurge and get a road bike :blink::blink: .

You mean like deciding between a Harley or a Kawasaki?!? :huh:

Edited by FlagMan

You mean like deciding between a Harley or a Kawasaki?!? :blink:

:blink::huh: Ya wanna come Flagman? I know that fancy Gary Fischer Tassajara will do just fine! I now know where all the caches are hidden too! And Chuy! knows where the BEST tacos are at the start..and the best tacos at the finish. They really did wait for me too...I usually arrived as they were signing the log so it worked out perfect..plus the FRS radios were handy! r/jl

You mean like deciding between a Harley or a Kawasaki?!? :blink:

:blink::huh: Ya wanna come Flagman? I know that fancy Gary Fischer Tassajara will do just fine! I now know where all the caches are hidden too! And Chuy! knows where the BEST tacos are at the start..and the best tacos at the finish. They really did wait for me too...I usually arrived as they were signing the log so it worked out perfect..plus the FRS radios were handy! r/jl

I seem to remember some lady passing me as we climbed El Tigre. Of course there were truckloads of folks that passed me going up that hill. My only glory was I didn't get off the bike and push but it was tempting.

The BRA's hired me :rolleyes: to be their guide for a night hunt trough the west side of McGinty on Thursday evening. I was just about to post an invite to all last night when it started raining. Not that we're afraid of a little mud but we decided to put it off a week or two.

So, just keep this in mind if anyone is up for a night hunt; probably 7p to midnight.

It was going to be Th 'cause Barbara is going to Big Bear this weekend, but we can probably move it to Friday or Sat.

Trying again for March 2nd, a Friday and an almost full moon overhead.

Thats about 29 caches total. I'll work on a route in a few days.

Is a group thing in Kit Carson Park going to happen this Sat?

I never got much of a response to my question about postponing "Snakes and Ladders" until this weekend. This combined with the circumstance that I was in Escondido with 45 mins to kill conspired to get me started on S&L last Saturday. Like a book that is hard to put down, once started, it was hard not to come back to this cache. So on Sunday, Ms. LLOT and I had 1.75 hours before a concert at the Center for the Arts which we used to make further progress. We had (I think :rolleyes: ) almost finished with climbing the ladders out of the eternal paths of Hell when darkness fell. We were going to go back on Monday to finish it up, but the rain caused a change in plans.

All of which is to say that I (we) will be in KC Park on Saturday (weather permitting) but I'm not planning a "group thing" at this point. This does not preclude someone else from planning a "group thing", though. :P

Is a group thing in Kit Carson Park going to happen this Sat?

I never got much of a response to my question about postponing "Snakes and Ladders" until this weekend. This combined with the circumstance that I was in Escondido with 45 mins to kill conspired to get me started on S&L last Saturday. Like a book that is hard to put down, once started, it was hard not to come back to this cache. So on Sunday, Ms. LLOT and I had 1.75 hours before a concert at the Center for the Arts which we used to make further progress. We had (I think :P ) almost finished with climbing the ladders out of the eternal paths of Hell when darkness fell. We were going to go back on Monday to finish it up, but the rain caused a change in plans.

All of which is to say that I (we) will be in KC Park on Saturday (weather permitting) but I'm not planning a "group thing" at this point. This does not preclude someone else from planning a "group thing", though. :D

Wow! So you've made it through most of S&L in only 3 hours? We were got STF on that one so we had zero help/hints but it took us 10-12 hours ( I can't remember exactly) to do the whole thing.... :D I'm absolutely amazed how you progressed so quickly! Good job! :rolleyes: Edited by TrailGators
Wow! So you've made it through most of S&L in only 3 hours? We were got STF on that one so we had zero help/hints but it took us 10-12 hours ( I can't remember exactly) to do the whole thing.... :rolleyes: I'm absolutely amazed how you progressed so quickly! Good job! :wub:

Ms. LLOT made a couple of astute observations that saved a lot of time. (She did this on "Mississippi River" as well. She must somehow be harmonically aligned with Dan-Oh's brainwaves... :wub: )

That said, we ain't done yet. It may be too early to count the chickens...

Wow! So you've made it through most of S&L in only 3 hours? We were got STF on that one so we had zero help/hints but it took us 10-12 hours ( I can't remember exactly) to do the whole thing.... :rolleyes: I'm absolutely amazed how you progressed so quickly! Good job! :wub:

Ms. LLOT made a couple of astute observations that saved a lot of time. (She did this on "Mississippi River" as well. She must somehow be harmonically aligned with Dan-Oh's brainwaves... :wub: )

That said, we ain't done yet. It may be too early to count the chickens...

We had two engineers, a physics major and even an attorney and we still missed a ton of things that caused us to waste a huge amount of time. I guess you could say that we fell into Dan-oh and Parsa's web. HOw do you know that you are almost done with the eternal paths of hell? They are eternal......BWA HA HA!! :wub: Edited by TrailGators

The BRA's hired me :rolleyes: to be their guide for a night hunt trough the west side of McGinty on Thursday evening. I was just about to post an invite to all last night when it started raining. Not that we're afraid of a little mud but we decided to put it off a week or two.

So, just keep this in mind if anyone is up for a night hunt; probably 7p to midnight.

It was going to be Th 'cause Barbara is going to Big Bear this weekend, but we can probably move it to Friday or Sat.

Trying again for March 2nd, a Friday and an almost full moon overhead.

Thats about 29 caches total. I'll work on a route in a few days.

I think the kids and I would like to join for this one. There are so many to get now.. I would be interested in seeing the planned route also. Thanks Chuy for working on it. :wub::wub:

HOw do you know that you are almost done with the eternal paths of hell? They are eternal......BWA HA HA!! :wub:

If you go back and read my original message, you will note that I never said that I knew we were almost done. I only said that I thought that we were near the end. Hence my comment about not counting the chickens...we might have another eight hours ahead of us. :rolleyes::wub: Time will tell...

It would not be the first time we've fallen into the web. I thought I understood the "the high road to Scotland". If Trailgators hadn't bailed us out, we would still be looking (a year later) for the Mississippi River cache! :wub:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
HOw do you know that you are almost done with the eternal paths of hell? They are eternal......BWA HA HA!! :D

I don't know this. If you go back and read my original message, you will note that I never said that I knew we were almost done. I only said that I thought that we were near the end. Hence my comment about not counting the chickens...we might have another eight hours ahead of us. :wub::wub:

Past history holds a good lesson on this. I thought I understood the "the high road to Scotland". If Trailgators hadn't bailed us out, we would still be looking (a year later) for the Mississippi River cache! :D

I was just joking about the eternal paths of Hell because you sounded a little optimistic to me. Having any optimism in hell is like wishing it would freeze over. B) That section was the longest part for us and I'm not going to say anything because everyone should enjoy hell just like we did! :rolleyes::wub:

As far as Scotland, I have to be honest. It was a log chain of bailing out because I got bailed out by Flagman on that one. Later on we even misread the coords ended up a mile from the final. :D I think half of our problem is that we are too hasty and unobservant. :wub:

HOw do you know that you are almost done with the eternal paths of hell? They are eternal......BWA HA HA!! :P
I don't know this. If you go back and read my original message, you will note that I never said that I knew we were almost done. I only said that I thought that we were near the end. Hence my comment about not counting the chickens...we might have another eight hours ahead of us. :ph34r:B)

Past history holds a good lesson on this. I thought I understood the "the high road to Scotland". If Trailgators hadn't bailed us out, we would still be looking (a year later) for the Mississippi River cache! :P

I was just joking about the eternal paths of Hell because you sounded a little optimistic to me. Having any optimism in hell is like wishing it would freeze over. :anibad: That section was the longest part for us and I'm not going to say anything because everyone should enjoy hell just like we did! :rolleyes:B)

In truth, I probably am too optimistic. Knowing this, I am trying to temper my optimism but it probably won't be enough...

It's like the old rules of project planning:

Rule #1: It's going to take longer than you think.

Rule #2: Knowledge of Rule #1 does not invalidate Rule #1.

:rolleyes:

HOw do you know that you are almost done with the eternal paths of hell? They are eternal......BWA HA HA!! :P
I don't know this. If you go back and read my original message, you will note that I never said that I knew we were almost done. I only said that I thought that we were near the end. Hence my comment about not counting the chickens...we might have another eight hours ahead of us. B)B)

Past history holds a good lesson on this. I thought I understood the "the high road to Scotland". If Trailgators hadn't bailed us out, we would still be looking (a year later) for the Mississippi River cache! :P

I was just joking about the eternal paths of Hell because you sounded a little optimistic to me. Having any optimism in hell is like wishing it would freeze over. :ph34r: That section was the longest part for us and I'm not going to say anything because everyone should enjoy hell just like we did! :rolleyes:B)

In truth, I probably am too optimistic. Knowing this, I am trying to temper my optimism but it probably won't be enough...

You are approaching a part of the project that was a big roadblock to us and to many others. I really enjoyed a few of the waypoints after hell. Good Luck! :P BTW give me a ring when you are down there. I might be able drop by to pay a quick visit while I'm running around doing my honeydew stuff. What the honey doesn't know won't hurt her... :anibad: "Honey those lines at Home Depot were awfully long today...." :P
I don't know this. If you go back and read my original message, you will note that I never said that I knew we were almost done. I only said that I thought that we were near the end. Hence my comment about not counting the chickens...we might have another eight hours ahead of us. B):P

Past history holds a good lesson on this. I thought I understood the "the high road to Scotland". If Trailgators hadn't bailed us out, we would still be looking (a year later) for the Mississippi River cache! B)

I was just joking about the eternal paths of Hell because you sounded a little optimistic to me. Having any optimism in hell is like wishing it would freeze over. B) That section was the longest part for us and I'm not going to say anything because everyone should enjoy hell just like we did! :rolleyes::P

You are approaching a part of the project that was a big roadblock to us and to many others. I really enjoyed a few of the waypoints after hell. Good Luck! :P BTW give me a ring when you are down there. I might be able drop by to pay a quick visit while I'm running around doing my honeydew stuff. What the honey doesn't know won't hurt her... :ph34r: "Honey those lines at Home Depot were awfully long today...." B)

My Wifey reads the forums, so I cant get away with that.. :P:P:anibad:

:laughing:;) What not to do alone: GCJGKX

On another note: Is anyone interest in the Domelands Saturday, March 10th? John will be home and I know he'll want to go...weather permitting!!

John should be more careful..

As far as the 10th, I may be able to sneek away to 4x4.. ;)

TA

I think Domelands is an 8 mile hike...Right Jahoadi?

;) Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

I think Domelands is an 8 mile hike...Right Jahoadi?

:laughing: Yes...about 8 miles from my memory. I think I still have the trip sheet from the hiking club. You don't need 4x4 to get to the trail head. It's about 2 miles on a dirt road off S-?? just north of Ocotillo.

It is off the S2. Here is the area from Google Earth:

d1b40d72-f130-4eb0-a380-2d39d5e55700.jpg

It looks like you approach the hiking trail from that dirt road that goes NE from the S2.