San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

"The Lost Patrol, Version 2.0" had an interesting day yesterday investigating the trails on the north side of McGinty . . .

a87117e7-6966-4b42-bc9a-a261ad85a267.jpg

My thanks to Mrs. SuperDave! :D She came to our rescue on Dehesa Road so we didn't have to climb back up that mountain. B)

My apologies to the golfers in whose way we were as we made our way through a different golf course . . . :DB) B) :D

"The Lost Patrol, Version 2.0" had an interesting day yesterday investigating the trails on the north side of McGinty . . .

My thanks to Mrs. SuperDave! :D She came to our rescue on Dehesa Road so we didn't have to climb back up that mountain. :D

My apologies to the golfers in whose way we were as we made our way through a different golf course . . . B):DB)B)

Sounds like you had fun! I heard a rumor that some more caches got placed in that area yesterday... B) I'm happy to report that the other members of the San Diego Lost Patrol didn't get lost on Sycuan yesterday! By the way, did you sign your logs "SDLP?" B)

My thanks to Mrs. SuperDave! B) She came to our rescue on Dehesa Road so we didn't have to climb back up that mountain. B)

My apologies to the golfers in whose way we were as we made our way through a different golf course . . . B)B):D:D

Sounds like you had fun! I heard a rumor that some more caches got placed in that area yesterday... :D I'm happy to report that the other members of the San Diego Lost Patrol didn't get lost on Sycuan yesterday! By the way, did you sign your logs "SDLP?" B)

Hmm.. what is that JODIS2 label on the map? It looks as though that cache might not be active yet.. nope.. I see it. :D :D

Edited by Team Adelos

My thanks to Mrs. SuperDave! B) She came to our rescue on Dehesa Road so we didn't have to climb back up that mountain. B)

My apologies to the golfers in whose way we were as we made our way through a different golf course . . . B):D:DB)

Sounds like you had fun! I heard a rumor that some more caches got placed in that area yesterday... :D I'm happy to report that the other members of the San Diego Lost Patrol didn't get lost on Sycuan yesterday! By the way, did you sign your logs "SDLP?" :D

Hmm.. what is that JODIS2 label on the map? It looks as though that cache might not be active yet.. nope.. I see it. :D:D

:DB) I wasn't gonna publish our little adventure, but since Miragee did..let's just say I won't be picking on the Lost Patrol anymore. Actually we weren't lost either, but we didn't find an ideal way out, which is why the last cache I placed was called Our Dead End-Turn Around. I would suggest turning around instead of going through the golf course. No one yelled at us, but It's not "golf etiquette" I'm sure. At least we got a greeat meal at Las Parillas afterwards with Mrs Superdave!!!!

My thanks to Mrs. SuperDave! :D She came to our rescue on Dehesa Road so we didn't have to climb back up that mountain. B)

My apologies to the golfers in whose way we were as we made our way through a different golf course . . . :D:D:D:D

Sounds like you had fun! I heard a rumor that some more caches got placed in that area yesterday... B) I'm happy to report that the other members of the San Diego Lost Patrol didn't get lost on Sycuan yesterday! By the way, did you sign your logs "SDLP?" B)

Hmm.. what is that JODIS2 label on the map? It looks as though that cache might not be active yet.. nope.. I see it. :DB)

:DB) I wasn't gonna publish our little adventure, but since Miragee did..let's just say I won't be picking on the Lost Patrol anymore. Actually we weren't lost either, but we didn't find an ideal way out, which is why the last cache I placed was called Our Dead End-Turn Around. I would suggest turning around instead of going through the golf course. No one yelled at us, but It's not "golf etiquette" I'm sure. At least we got a greeat meal at Las Parillas afterwards with Mrs Superdave!!!!

Jodi -- You didn't hear them but that group had a few choice words for us. That's when I started waving at you to start running. Great day for a hike, even if we did get off trail. That house did have a great pool!! and we had a great meal!

Besty loved the hike!

ebfa89fe-7efc-4e13-9b6f-0628d62c3c06.jpg

Beautiful shot of Betsy.

3fa976d2-1abc-470f-821e-88348bb3be5f.jpg

Nice enhancement Harmon! I think this is where we learned how to do that..... ;)

Wow, is that old stuff still around? Thanks Pat, but the truth is that I did this one another way.

Opened the image, converted to LAB Mode, duplicated (Ctrl-J) the background layer, used Shadow/Highlight adjustment on the L-channel only, adjusted the a and the b channels to separate and adjust colors, applied the unSharp mask heavily to the L Channel only, adjusted the duplicate layer Opacity to about 50%, flattened the image, and then converted back to RGB Mode for final result.

Result is more detail in shadows, more vivid colors, and much sharper image. Bringing sharpness to an image without causing color-contrast halos is the notable part of this approach. Odd that starting with a slightly blurred camera image one can bring sharpness to the result. That shows up nicely in the dog's fur.

Edited by SD Rowdies

Wow, is that old stuff still around? Thanks Pat, but the truth is that I did this one another way.

Opened the image, converted to LAB Mode, duplicated (Ctrl-J) the background layer, used Shadow/Highlight adjustment on the L-channel only, adjusted the a and the b channels to separate and adjust colors, applied the unSharp mask heavily to the L Channel only, adjusted the duplicate layer Opacity to about 50%, flattened the image, and then converted back to RGB Mode for final result.

Result is more detail in shadows, more vivid colors, and much sharper image. Bringing sharpness to an image without causing color-contrast halos is the notable part of this approach. Odd that starting with a slightly blurred camera image one can bring sharpness to the result. That shows up nicely in the dog's fur.

HUH????

Is that how you did it? I figured that you had recalibrated the linear waveform projecter, modulated the subspace phase detector and then optimized the multi-dimensional signal preprocessing thereby increasing diversity gain and reducing the decoding computation complexity. ;)

Ya learn somethin' new everyday... :D

Is that how you did it? I figured that you had recalibrated the linear waveform projecter, modulated the subspace phase detector and then optimized the multi-dimensional signal preprocessing thereby increasing diversity gain and reducing the decoding computation complexity. :D

;)

Is that how you did it? I figured that you had recalibrated the linear waveform projecter, modulated the subspace phase detector and then optimized the multi-dimensional signal preprocessing thereby increasing diversity gain and reducing the decoding computation complexity. :D

:laughing:

Yowza! ... and with my left hand I combed my hair like the Fonz. If you want the short version, I used the Photoshop fixerator.

I love you people, being picked on is pure pleasure to an old Texan.

... did I mention that I purged the framis before saving the image?

Edited by SD Rowdies

Beautiful shot of Betsy.

3fa976d2-1abc-470f-821e-88348bb3be5f.jpg

Nice enhancement Harmon! I think this is where we learned how to do that..... :laughing:

Harmon, Execellent job, she looks even better.

After I posted that picture, I thought it would come back with large bulging eyes and green fur. Oh wait, that's the other forum.... Thanks again.

The BRA's hired me :D to be their guide for a night hunt trough the west side of McGinty on Thursday evening. I was just about to post an invite to all last night when it started raining. Not that we're afraid of a little mud but we decided to put it off a week or two.

So, just keep this in mind if anyone is up for a night hunt; probably 7p to midnight.

It was going to be Th 'cause Barbara is going to Big Bear this weekend, but we can probably move it to Friday or Sat.

The BRA's hired me :lol: to be their guide for a night hunt trough the west side of McGinty on Thursday evening. I was just about to post an invite to all last night when it started raining. Not that we're afraid of a little mud but we decided to put it off a week or two.

So, just keep this in mind if anyone is up for a night hunt; probably 7p to midnight.

It was going to be Th 'cause Barbara is going to Big Bear this weekend, but we can probably move it to Friday or Sat.

Sounds good for a night hike.. Can I plant puzzles? :D

The BRA's hired me :lol: to be their guide for a night hunt trough the west side of McGinty on Thursday evening. I was just about to post an invite to all last night when it started raining. Not that we're afraid of a little mud but we decided to put it off a week or two.

I think one "Dopey" idea already leads to a puzzle over there... :lol:

Hmmmm...planting puzzles on a night hike sounds like an excellent idea...

'Cuz then you could plant 'em where the sun don't shine! :lol:

Edited by Let's Look Over Thayer
The BRA's hired me :D to be their guide for a night hunt trough the west side of McGinty on Thursday evening. I was just about to post an invite to all last night when it started raining. Not that we're afraid of a little mud but we decided to put it off a week or two.

Sounds good for a night hike.. Can I plant puzzles? :lol:

Hmmmm...planting puzzles on a night hike sounds like an excellent idea...

'Cuz then you could plant 'em where the sun don't shine! :lol:

An M&M tube works best for that... well, that's what I heard! :lol::):D

Harmon,

Execellent job, she looks even better.

After I posted that picture, I thought it would come back with large bulging eyes and green fur. Oh wait, that's the other forum.... Thanks again.

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :lol:

Harmon

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :lol:

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :)

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :cool:

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :wub:

In dog years, she'd only have to be 2.6 yrs old. :cool:

Or, 1.3 if you follow the new formula.

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :cool:

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :wub:

What new formula?

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Harmon

What new formula?

http://www.onlineconversion.com/dogyears.htm

Note: It is a common belief that 1 human year is equal to 7 dog years. That is not very accurate, since dogs reach adulthood within the first couple of years. The formula used above is from a canine expert and is a bit more accurate. (as accurate as one can judge these things)

The formula is: 10.5 dog years per human year for the first 2 years, then 4 dog years per human year for each year after.

DOG Year Calculator

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :cool:

In dog years, she'd only have to be 2.6 yrs old. :D

What new formula?

Note: It is a common belief that 1 human year is equal to 7 dog years. That is not very accurate, since dogs reach adulthood within the first couple of years. The formula used above is from a canine expert and is a bit more accurate. (as accurate as one can judge these things)

The formula is: 10.5 dog years per human year for the first 2 years, then 4 dog years per human year for each year after.

DOG Year Calculator

So..next week it's Roxy's Birthday. Actually it's Monday, Feb 5th. She'll be 4 years old in human years.....So......somebody calculate for me....way to tired.... :D She's acting like she's 75 though....all she does is sleep all day. Unless of course she hears a ball start bouncing...then she's a puppy again. :wub:

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :D

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :cool:

In dog years, she'd only have to be 2.6 yrs old. :wub:

What new formula?

DOG Year Calculator

So my dog Lacey is 11.5, which translates to 59 years old. All she wants to do is lay around and lick people. So is that what will happen to us when we are 59? :cool:

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Harmon

What new formula?

DOG Year Calculator

So my dog Lacey is 11.5, which translates to 59 years old. All she wants to do is lay around and lick people. So is that what will happen to us when we are 59? :D

Sounds more like the seventies to me, I mean the 1970s of course.

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :wub:

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? ;)

In dog years, she'd only have to be 2.6 yrs old. :blink:

What new formula?

DOG Year Calculator

So my dog Lacey is 11.5, which translates to 59 years old. All she wants to do is lay around and lick people. So is that what will happen to us when we are 59? :D

I was in high school in those days. So I was spending my time listening to real music and drinking beer in a field with my friends:

Out here in the fields

I fought for my meals

I get my back into my living

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

I don't need to be forgiven

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

It's only teenage wasteland!

Edited by TrailGators

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :wub:

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? ;)

What new formula?

DOG Year Calculator

I in high school in those days. So I was spending my time listening to real music and drinking beer in a field with my friends:

Out here in the fields

I fought for my meals

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

;) The Who :o

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :D

What new formula?

DOG Year Calculator

So my dog Lacey is 11.5, which translates to 59 years old. All she wants to do is lay around and lick people. So is that what will happen to us when we are 59? ;)

I was in high school in those days. So I was spending my time listening to real music and drinking beer in a field with my friends:

Out here in the fields

I fought for my meals

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

;) The Who :D

Meet the new boss

Same as the old boss

We won't get fooled again!

Yeaaaaaah! :o

Edited by TrailGators

Harmon,

Super-Dave,

Since there's a landslide of requests, two of them to be specific, for a Photoshop Lab color-space lesson I wonder if you would object to the use of your Super-Dog Betsy photo as the example image for Lesson No. 16? You know, in case I give in to the heartfelt pleading of an adoring public. :(

Harmon

Sounds good to me. Do I need to sign a photo release certifying she's over 18? :anicute:

In dog years, she'd only have to be 2.6 yrs old. :(

What new formula?

DOG Year Calculator

So my dog Lacey is 11.5, which translates to 59 years old. All she wants to do is lay around and lick people. So is that what will happen to us when we are 59? :anicute:

I in high school in those days. So I was spending my time listening to real music and drinking beer in a field with my friends:

Out here in the fields

I fought for my meals

I don't need to fight

To prove I'm right

Don't cry

Don't raise your eye

:anicute: The Who :anicute:

Got my tickets, March 1, San Diego! B)B) Anyone else?

still available Who Tickets

Mar 17, 2007 Mexico City MX Foro Sol

Mar 13, 2007 Tampa FL US Ford Amphitheater

Mar 11, 2007 Uniondale NY US Nassau Coliseum

Mar 09, 2007 Atlantic City NJ US The Borgata

Mar 08, 2007 Washington DC US Verizon Center

Mar 06, 2007 Indianapolis IN US Conseco Fieldhouse

Mar 05, 2007 Chicago IL US Sears Center

Mar 01, 2007 San Diego CA US ipayOne Center

Feb 28, 2007 Phoenix AZ US US Airways Arena

Feb 26, 2007 Long Beach CA US Long Beach Arena

Feb 25, 2007 Fresno CA US Save Mart Center

Feb 23, 2007 Reno NV US Reno Events Center

There was another band that sang No Sugar Tonight....Guess Who? :(

Too old for me - Google says

ARTIST: The Guess Who

TITLE: No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature

Lyrics and Chords

Lonely feeling, deep inside

Find a corner where I can hide

Silent footsteps crowding me

Sudden darkness, but I can see

{Refrain}

No sugar tonight in my coffee

No sugar tonight in my tea

No sugar to stand beside me

No sugar to run with me

Da do da da...

Dat'n-doo-dow-dow-dat'n-doo-dow! :blink:

:unsure: I guess there are no caching events going on in San Diego this weekend and we have thaken over this thread :o At least we have an event going on in Nevada (have ya'all noticed the Nevada thread staying near the top of the forum lists (with only three people contributing)? John

Edited by jahoadi and john
Dat'n-doo-dow-dow-dat'n-doo-dow! :o

:blink: I guess there are no caching events going on in San Diego this weekend and we have thaken over this thread :P At least we have an event going on in Nevada (have ya'all noticed the Nevada thread staying near the top of the forum lists (with only three people contributing)? John

:unsure: I hadn't checked the position of the Nevada thread but great job John! Way to get those guys active up there. I am actually back to being tied up with other stuff this weekend, but that's OK because there's the event in Yuma next week and a double whammy in Temecula two weeks after that one. :D

Ginger! and I will be going out Sat or Sun am (6a) to finish up Hollenbeck (3 by CTYankee), McGinty (2 at the peak on NE side by Travelita), and/or Sycuan if I can figure out them puzzles. I'm not sure which day yet, but, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Edit: will make it tomorrow and possibly on Sun before the game. Meet 0630 at Honey Springs pkg area for Hollenbeck; then McGinty. I will save the west side of McGinty for a night hike in the next two weeks or so.

Edited by Chuy!

Ginger! and I will be going out Sat or Sun am (6a) to finish up Hollenbeck (3 by CTYankee), McGinty (2 at the peak on NE side by Travelita), and/or Sycuan if I can figure out them puzzles. I'm not sure which day yet, but, if anyone is interested, let me know.

Edit: will make it tomorrow and possibly on Sun before the game. Meet 0630 at Honey Springs pkg area for Hollenbeck; then McGinty. I will save the west side of McGinty for a night hike in the next two weeks or so.

I need a few of the Hollenbeck caches and a few of the McGinty caches on the east side so I will meet you and Ginger at the Honey Springs parking area at 6:30am.

I need a few of the Hollenbeck caches and a few of the McGinty caches on the east side so I will meet you and Ginger at the Honey Springs parking area at 6:30am.

Okey dokey.

It is quiet out there.. Yuma trip coming up soon. :bad:

TA

I got my PQ of the Yuma must-do's and I loaded the maps!

Who is coming with you?

It's a secret :o , but I hear he's a great guy. :P

That what I hear also! :huh: We are heading out early Saturday and cachin along the way. Looking forward to it. Just back from LA with no caches :P To busy I guess..