San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Anybody doing anything Sunday? During the Charger game? (I lose my better half to the game and it gives me a free afternoon!) I'm still 4 away from 300.....I was supposed to hit it during the campout last weekend, but couldn't get away from the property. So......I've GOT to get to it this weekend!

Let me know if there are plans for Sunday. thanks!

Anybody doing anything Sunday? During the Charger game? (I lose my better half to the game and it gives me a free afternoon!) I'm still 4 away from 300.....I was supposed to hit it during the campout last weekend, but couldn't get away from the property. So......I've GOT to get to it this weekend!

I know what I'm doing during the Charger game................................................Watching it! :laughing:

Anyone doing any caching tomorrow or do I just work on some hikes near home?
I was thinking of revisiting this spot tomorrow. There used to be a geocache there but it got archived. It is a very cool spot! There is a new multi by Lake Hodges and a new cache in Kit Carson too. I know it's rare in the GC world but I was going to sleep in and then go caching. So I was thinking of heading out around 10AM. I have some junk to do at home so I would need to get back home around mid-afternoon. Edited by TrailGators
I was thinking of revisiting this spot tomorrow. There used to be a geocache there but it got archived. It is a very cool spot! There is a new multi by Lake Hodges and a new cache in Kit Carson too. I know it's rare in the GC world but I was going to sleep in and then go caching. So I was thinking of heading out around 10AM. I have some junk to do at home so I would need to get back home around mid-afternoon.

That sounds like an early morning to me. :laughing:

hmmm, work on your radius or mine.... Rogue already let me know I have to be home by 3-4 in the afternoon or else....

I have been talking with The Dillon Gang and Team Adelos about caching on Sunday. TDG and I were talking about some in Balboa Park (including a puzzle or two), a few along Coronado, and then some down near the border.

I was thinking of revisiting this spot tomorrow. There used to be a geocache there but it got archived. It is a very cool spot! There is a new multi by Lake Hodges and a new cache in Kit Carson too. I know it's rare in the GC world but I was going to sleep in and then go caching. So I was thinking of heading out around 10AM. I have some junk to do at home so I would need to get back home around mid-afternoon.

That sounds like an early morning to me. :laughing:

hmmm, work on your radius or mine.... Rogue already let me know I have to be home by 3-4 in the afternoon or else....

3 works for me. I don't really want to go up Gower until it gets cooler. The ones I was talking about are all fairly flat....

If anyone wants to pull themselves away from the football games tomorrow, we're meeting up with Team Geogeeks to do the MTB Series in Ramona, plus any others in the area.

If you have a Jeep or other off-road worthy vehicle, you can meet us in the Kmart parking lot in Ramona about 10:00. The more, the merrier.

If anyone wants to pull themselves away from the football games tomorrow, we're meeting up with Team Geogeeks to do the MTB Series in Ramona, plus any others in the area.

If you have a Jeep or other off-road worthy vehicle, you can meet us in the Kmart parking lot in Ramona about 10:00. The more, the merrier.

Since I found your entire MTB series already, I will be forced to stay home and watch the Chargers! :blink: Have fun!!! Black Mountain peak would make a great #300!

Make sure you rerun your PQ before you leave. There may be a cache out there you need also. :blink:

Make sure you rerun your PQ before you leave. There may be a cache out there you need also. :blink:

An FTF on that one would make a great 300th too! :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators

Make sure you rerun your PQ before you leave. There may be a cache out there you need also. :laughing:

An FTF on that one would make a great 300th too! :laughing:

Okay, so I completely missed out on yesterday as I was home nursing a sickness......sore throat..icky stuff. Can we try for this again this upcoming Sunday?

Make sure you rerun your PQ before you leave. There may be a cache out there you need also. :laughing:

Okay, so I completely missed out on yesterday as I was home nursing a sickness......sore throat..icky stuff. Can we try for this again this upcoming Sunday?

A bunch of us are going to the Mudcaves on Saturday......

I think you guys are leaving before my flight gets in that day. I'm comming home from Phoenix late that morning. :ph34r:

I think you guys are leaving before my flight gets in that day. I'm comming home from Phoenix late that morning. :ph34r:

We'll be out there most of the day.....
Has anyone posted meeting times for the Saturday trek to Anza?

Is there a chance it may be put off due to the Inferno caches?

I think we are meeting at Lake Jennings P&R this Saturday. I will come down with Duganrm. We didn't set a time but how about 8:30ish?

We can schedule the Inferno Series for a future weekend, but it looks like you and Richard did them already......

Edited by TrailGators

I think we are meeting at Lake Jennings P&R this Saturday. I will come down with Duganrm. We didn't set a time but how about 8:30ish?

We can schedule the Inferno Series for a future weekend, but it looks like you and Richard did them already......

I think Chuy is talking about the rest of the series. We did the easiest one of the series. The others won't be posted till tomorrow from what I understood. It seems like after the first few rings of hell, they start turning into day hikes (at least for me).

I wouldn't change this weekends plans for it though... I don't even know if I can physically do all the hikes that are going to be required....

I expect that everybody who reads this thread has probably already done Black Beard's Grotto, but...

This coming weekend has -1 foot low tides and I'm planning to do this cache. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know.

We were planning to go too. Where to meet and when?

The tide schd. shows peek tide is 14:00

I think Chuy is talking about the rest of the series. We did the easiest one of the series. The others won't be posted till tomorrow from what I understood. It seems like after the first few rings of hell, they start turning into day hikes (at least for me).

I wouldn't change this weekends plans for it though... I don't even know if I can physically do all the hikes that are going to be required....

I see that. The First Circle of Hell just popped up in Boden Canyon....

They are all up now. I was mistaken when I thought they got more difficult as the level got higher... It looks like we will actually be driving close to "The 7th Circle of Hell: Little Devil Wash" when going to the mud caves. Google Earth shows you can get to within about .13 of it but it's hard to tell what the terrain on that .13 is. Might be worth trying for that one while we are there?

Edited by duganrm

They are all up now. I was mistaken when I thought they got more difficult as the level got higher... It looks like we will actually be driving close to "The 7th Circle of Hell: Little Devil Wash" when going to the mud caves. Google Earth shows you can get to within about .13 of it but it's hard to tell what the terrain on that .13 is. Might be worth trying for that one while we are there?

Sure why not kill 2 birds with one stone! Actually we will be killing 1 and 1/11s birds... :laughing:

BTW, the new one in Boden Canyon is 3 miles north of Rocketman's Part Way up Boden Canyon cache. That makes it a 10 mile roundtrip hike from parking area on 78. So it may be worth exploring that dirt road that cuts across to that area from from Lake Wohlford! :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators

Sure why not kill 2 birds with one stone! Actually we will be killing 1 and 1/11s birds... :laughing:

BTW, the new one in Boden Canyon is 3 miles north of Rocketman's Part Way up Boden Canyon cache. That makes it a 10 mile roundtrip hike from parking area on 78. So it may be worth exploring that dirt road that cuts across to that area from from Lake Wohlford! :laughing:

If I'm able to go out Sat, I will need to be back at noon'ish. So, you know what that means - a 6a start time for me. If the Little Devil Wash cache remains unfound by then, I will do Tomb Raider with Ginger! and meet up with you guys for the FTF attempt (assuming you want the FTF). Otherwise, I'll do Little Devil first and join you for Tomb Raider.

If I'm able to go out Sat, I will need to be back at noon'ish. So, you know what that means - a 6a start time for me. If the Little Devil Wash cache remains unfound by then, I will do Tomb Raider with Ginger! and meet up with you guys for the FTF attempt (assuming you want the FTF). Otherwise, I'll do Little Devil first and join you for Tomb Raider.

It's alright by me if you do Little Devil first. Tomb Raider is the main reason we are all going out there. We could meet at Tomb Raider at 9:30ish...Sound OK?

It's alright by me if you do Little Devil first. Tomb Raider is the main reason we are all going out there. We could meet at Tomb Raider at 9:30ish...Sound OK?

I wanna go...I wanna go!! Can I? Huh? Huh?

Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Certainly, that gives me 2hours to grab Little Devil. Everyone else in the group OK with that?

Toby, you can join me for a 6A departure time, or the main group with a 8A departure time. I could drive you and you shouldn't have any trouble getting a ride back if I you want to continue caching past noon, or we can caravan - you're call. I'm still not 100% sure I can make it at all.

Certainly, that gives me 2hours to grab Little Devil. Everyone else in the group OK with that?

Toby, you can join me for a 6A departure time, or the main group with a 8A departure time. I could drive you and you shouldn't have any trouble getting a ride back if I you want to continue caching past noon, or we can caravan - you're call. I'm still not 100% sure I can make it at all.

Group departure time is 8:30AM.... Some us us need every minute of sleep we can get! :)

(Lake Jennings P&R on Saturday)

P.S. Chuy, Toby is Jerry's dog. :laughing:

Edited by TrailGators
I expect that everybody who reads this thread has probably already done Black Beard's Grotto, but...

This coming weekend has -1 foot low tides and I'm planning to do this cache. If anyone wants to join me, please let me know.

Low tide is approximately 14:15 on Saturday and 15:00 on Sunday. There is a fair amount of latitude either way (though I prefer to lean toward the falling tide side rather than the rising tide side...)

I can go either day. Sunday's tide will be a little lower but not enough that this should be the primary factor. So if Saturday is good, we could meet by the alleyway near the Marine Room (N 32 51.120 W 117 15.644 ) at 13:30 or so...

Sure why not kill 2 birds with one stone! Actually we will be killing 1 and 1/11s birds... :huh:

BTW, the new one in Boden Canyon is 3 miles north of Rocketman's Part Way up Boden Canyon cache. That makes it a 10 mile roundtrip hike from parking area on 78. So it may be worth exploring that dirt road that cuts across to that area from from Lake Wohlford! :blink:

Group departure time is 8:30AM.... Some us us need every minute of sleep we can get! :(

P.S. Chuy, Toby is Jerry's dog. :huh:

Woof!5bc3634e-420a-4634-9cfd-13455ba334a7.jpg

Sure why not kill 2 birds with one stone! Actually we will be killing 1 and 1/11s birds... :huh:

BTW, the new one in Boden Canyon is 3 miles north of Rocketman's Part Way up Boden Canyon cache. That makes it a 10 mile roundtrip hike from parking area on 78. So it may be worth exploring that dirt road that cuts across to that area from from Lake Wohlford! :blink:

Group departure time is 8:30AM.... Some us us need every minute of sleep we can get! :(

I know; I was inviting Toby to keep Ginger! company. :(

Sorry, Jerry.

Sure why not kill 2 birds with one stone! Actually we will be killing 1 and 1/11s birds... :(

I know; I was inviting Toby to keep Ginger! company. :(

Sorry, Jerry.

I did the same thing before I knew.... :huh:

BTW, the new one in Boden Canyon is 3 miles north of Rocketman's Part Way up Boden Canyon cache. That makes it a 10 mile roundtrip hike from parking area on 78. So it may be worth exploring that dirt road that cuts across to that area from from Lake Wohlford! :unsure:

Group departure time is 8:30AM.... Some us us need every minute of sleep we can get! :mad:

P.S. Chuy, Toby is Jerry's dog. :blink:

I know; I was inviting Toby to keep Ginger! company. :P

Sorry, Jerry.

I did the same thing before I knew.... :mad:

What is the GC code for Tomb Raider? I want to do a query so I did a search for the name and all I could find were caches in Germany and the Czech Republic.

BTW, the new one in Boden Canyon is 3 miles north of Rocketman's Part Way up Boden Canyon cache. That makes it a 10 mile roundtrip hike from parking area on 78. So it may be worth exploring that dirt road that cuts across to that area from from Lake Wohlford! :unsure:

Group departure time is 8:30AM.... Some us us need every minute of sleep we can get! :mad:

P.S. Chuy, Toby is Jerry's dog. :blink:

I know; I was inviting Toby to keep Ginger! company. :P

Sorry, Jerry.

I did the same thing before I knew.... :mad:

What is the GC code for Tomb Raider? I want to do a query so I did a search for the name and all I could find were caches in Germany and the Czech Republic.

Chuy! has to be back by noon so we have to do this one...

Don't run your query from Tomb Raider. It will give you caches near SDSU. Mudcaves Peanut Gallery (GCHQZ5) is close to where it actually is though.

For anyone who might be interested, S&R and I are planning a milestone (my 3k) cache run to The Chamber of Secrets and The Cave of the Wila Fairy on Sunday, November 5th. We'll be meeting at Broken Plutons in the Temecula area around 8 am. Don't worry about the "temporarily unavailable" status of The Chamber -- the cache owner has confirmed that he will either replace the cache this weekend or that we can "drop" a temporary cache and log the find. The construction in the area is apparently completed, so GZ is accessible.

Edited by FlagMan

For anyone who might be interested, S&R and I are planning a milestone (my 3k) cache run to The Chamber of Secrets and The Cave of the Wila Fairy on Sunday, November 5th. We'll be meeting at Broken Plutons in the Temecula area around 8 am. Don't worry about the "temporarily unavailable" status of The Chamber -- the cache owner has confirmed that he will either replace the cache this weekend or that we can "drop" a temporary cache and log the find. The construction in the area is apparently completed, so GZ is accessible.

If we get back early enough Saturday, I would like to go. I might even be able to get Rogue to go depending on how much she wants sleep.... Sooo, what are the coordinates to that cache you want to meet at? :tired:

If we get back early enough Saturday, I would like to go. I might even be able to get Rogue to go depending on how much she wants sleep.... Sooo, what are the coordinates to that cache you want to meet at? :tired:

Just go to the given coords of the puzzle cache. At that time of the day, the parking area will be empty, so you can't miss them...finding the broken plutons will be up to you once you get there!

Be observant! :blink:

Don't run your query from Tomb Raider. It will give you caches near SDSU. Mudcaves Peanut Gallery (GCHQZ5) is close to where it actually is though.

Thanks for that reminder. I forgot it was a puzzle.

Low tide is approximately 14:15 on Saturday and 15:00 on Sunday. There is a fair amount of latitude either way (though I prefer to lean toward the falling tide side rather than the rising tide side...)

I can go either day. Sunday's tide will be a little lower but not enough that this should be the primary factor. So if Saturday is good, we could meet by the alleyway near the Marine Room (N 32 51.120 W 117 15.644 ) at 13:30 or so...

Hi Gene & James & crew!

I would love to grab this cache with you guys. Saturday would be the preferred day for me, but if you go on Sunday, I can maybe talk the hubby into joining. Sounds like a blast!

Robyn of Team Reid :laughing:

Hi Gene & James & crew!

I would love to grab this cache with you guys. Saturday would be the preferred day for me, but if you go on Sunday, I can maybe talk the hubby into joining. Sounds like a blast!

Quick edit: The hubby would really like to go, so maybe Sunday? Let me know! :unsure:

Hi Gene & James & crew!

Quick edit: The hubby would really like to go, so maybe Sunday? Let me know! :unsure:

Since it sounds as if DaMoores have a footy match (soccer game) on Saturday, Sunday seems to be the day.

So, how about we meet at the alleyway near the Marine Room (N 32 51.120 W 117 15.644 ) at 14:15...?

Hi Gene & James & crew!

Since it sounds as if DaMoores have a footy match (soccer game) on Saturday, Sunday seems to be the day.

So, how about we meet at the alleyway near the Marine Room (N 32 51.120 W 117 15.644 ) at 14:15...?

Sounds like a blast! The hubby and I will be there at 14:15.

Robyn