TFTC

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Where: Woodson Mountain - North Trail/Top Trail

When: September 28th, 2006 - Thursday

Time: ~ 5:30 pm - 9:30 pm / 4 Hours

Terrain: 3-3.5

Parking: ?

Where is the best place to hike for this one? I believe duganrm has suggested starting on the east side taking the north trial around to the back-side of the mountain, then taking the trail from the backside over the top back to where we started. I have never hiked it, so any advise is welcome. Anyone interested is welcome to join duganrm and I. I think I have duganrm's participation.. :D

Bring water and lighting for when it gets dark. And remember, I am not the fastest cacher out there, so no one gets left behind! :D

Anyone interested?

Parking is ACROSS the street from the "Parking for Woodywoodpecker" (GCNHRY) cache. I would not recommend trying to cross 67 on foot during rush hour.

I agree! Park along the west side of 67!! BTW I won't be able to make this one. Have fun!

Where: Woodson Mountain - North Trail/Top Trail

Parking: ?

Where is the best place to hike for this one? I believe duganrm has suggested starting on the east side taking the north trial around to the back-side of the mountain, then taking the trail from the backside over the top back to where we started. I have never hiked it, so any advise is welcome. Anyone interested is welcome to join duganrm and I. I think I have duganrm's participation.. :D

Bring water and lighting for when it gets dark. And remember, I am not the fastest cacher out there, so no one gets left behind! :D

Anyone interested?

Parking is ACROSS the street from the "Parking for Woodywoodpecker" (GCNHRY) cache. I would not recommend trying to cross 67 on foot during rush hour.

I agree! Park along the west side of 67!! BTW I won't be able to make this one. Have fun!

Too bad.. sorry to hear that. Richard, maybe we should do the south side. :D:D

Then where? or should we try another location?

where I said. :D Across the street from the cache. The cache is on the bad side of the street. You shouldn't have a problem seeing the parking. There is always a line of cars along the street there.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Where: Woodson Mountain - North Trail/Top Trail (U P D A T E D)

Parking: N33.008047, W116.955417 - ACROSS the street from "Parking for Woodywoodpecker" (GCNHRY)

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Looking forward to the walk..

TA

Edited by Team Adelos

Below the Sweetwater reservoir there are a few caches, none of which I have. :D What is the best approach to start knocking them out? I imagine the best approach is near the Sweetwater park. It seems a long journey from the puzzle valley side. :D I will probably start knocking the area out in a couple weeks. I was just curious how tough the area is.. can do it on a bike some parts and hiking others, etc. What parking is best? Is anyone else interest in going with me when I figure out when to go? :D

TA

Below the Sweetwater reservoir there are a few caches, none of which I have. :D What is the best approach to start knocking them out? I imagine the best approach is near the Sweetwater park. It seems a long journey from the puzzle valley side. :D I will probably start knocking the area out in a couple weeks. I was just curious how tough the area is.. can do it on a bike some parts and hiking others, etc. What parking is best? Is anyone else interest in going with me when I figure out when to go? :D

TA

wait till BBB, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john are done before going into there. :D

Below the Sweetwater reservoir there are a few caches, none of which I have. :bad: What is the best approach to start knocking them out? I imagine the best approach is near the Sweetwater park. It seems a long journey from the puzzle valley side. :bad: I will probably start knocking the area out in a couple weeks. I was just curious how tough the area is.. can do it on a bike some parts and hiking others, etc. What parking is best? Is anyone else interest in going with me when I figure out when to go? :P

TA

wait till BBB, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john are done before going into there. :P

:):) I'll/we'll go with you!!!! You need a MTB..not a beach cruiser like Richard. We can go on foot or bike. I know all the shortcuts. ( just kidding..there are none) Not this weekend though "cause it's the ride with Chuy! and "Lostguy". At night would be fun!!!..it's scary out there though....

Ps..we'll never be done

Below the Sweetwater reservoir there are a few caches, none of which I have. :bad: What is the best approach to start knocking them out? I imagine the best approach is near the Sweetwater park. It seems a long journey from the puzzle valley side. :bad: I will probably start knocking the area out in a couple weeks. I was just curious how tough the area is.. can do it on a bike some parts and hiking others, etc. What parking is best? Is anyone else interest in going with me when I figure out when to go? :)

TA

wait till BBB, "lostguy", and jahoadi and john are done before going into there. :P

:):) I'll/we'll go with you!!!! You need a MTB..not a beach cruiser like Richard. We can go on foot or bike. I know all the shortcuts. ( just kidding..there are none) Not this weekend though "cause it's the ride with Chuy! and "Lostguy". At night would be fun!!!..it's scary out there though....

Ps..we'll never be done

I am thinking in 2 weeks or so.. cool.. Probably hiking since I am also bike challenged. :P

Thinking about doing S. Fortuna Mt. in MTRP via the Clairemont Mesa parking. Looks like there's a loop of caches. Anyone done them from this parking spot?

Yes. It is a good spot to start at.. There are a couple of loops to take depending on your goal. When I went with a group, we hiked for about 8 miles and 5-6 hours. We never when up the to the top, just stayed on the west side of the mountain. :bad: If you are interested, I can send you my tracks from that hike. It covered a good part of the west side, just missing a few.

TA

Below the Sweetwater reservoir there are a few caches, none of which I have. :bad: What is the best approach to start knocking them out? I imagine the best approach is near the Sweetwater park. It seems a long journey from the puzzle valley side. :bad: I will probably start knocking the area out in a couple weeks. I was just curious how tough the area is.. can do it on a bike some parts and hiking others, etc. What parking is best? Is anyone else interest in going with me when I figure out when to go? :)

TA

Ps..we'll never be done

I am thinking in 2 weeks or so.. cool.. Probably hiking since I am also bike challenged. :P

There's alot of us out there that are bike challenged but we do it anyways. It's almost as easy walking with a bike uphill because there are level parts and downhill parts that make it all worth it when you get to ride.

TA

Ps..we'll never be done

2 weeks sounds good to me because I'll be out of town next week. I prefer to hike also!

TA

Ps..we'll never be done

There's alot of us out there that are bike challenged but we do it anyways. It's almost as easy walking with a bike uphill because there are level parts and downhill parts that make it all worth it when you get to ride.

try it with a beach cruiser once and see what you say about it then. :)

Thinking about doing S. Fortuna Mt. in MTRP via the Clairemont Mesa parking. Looks like there's a loop of caches. Anyone done them from this parking spot?

Yes. It is a good spot to start at.. There are a couple of loops to take depending on your goal. When I went with a group, we hiked for about 8 miles and 5-6 hours. We never when up the to the top, just stayed on the west side of the mountain. :bad: If you are interested, I can send you my tracks from that hike. It covered a good part of the west side, just missing a few.

TA

Yes, please send me your tracks. Thanks.

Clairemont Mesa is a good parking spot especially if you are planning on staying out after sunset - no locked gates etc. Just make sure you park on the street.

You have several trails to choose from, but you end up either going up the saddle between the Fortunas or take the "stairs" up to S Fortuna.

Clairemont Mesa is a good parking spot especially if you are planning on staying out after sunset - no locked gates etc. Just make sure you park on the street.

You have several trails to choose from, but you end up either going up the saddle between the Fortunas or take the "stairs" up to S Fortuna.

That's also a workable starting point for the caches that form a shorter loop south of the Clairemont Mesa trailhead.

TA

Paul - I tried to go in the other night from the Park side and there are trail detures - that actually dead ended. When I went the next morning I Park at Steele Bridge and went in from there. I'd be interested in a trip out there again to get the rest of the caches I don't have yet.

MTB or hike - either is fine for me. Like lostguy said, the downhills make the MTB more fun :D

Oh no!! not the stairs :D:D:D:D

Oh no!! not the stairs :D:D:D:D

I'm off tomorrow so if anyone wants to go, email me or meet me at the end of Clairemont Mesa around 7am. Coming from Oceanside so hopefully the traffic won't be a problem. Look for the white Toyota P/U.

Below the Sweetwater reservoir there are a few caches, none of which I have. :P What is the best approach to start knocking them out? I imagine the best approach is near the Sweetwater park. It seems a long journey from the puzzle valley side. :P I will probably start knocking the area out in a couple weeks. I was just curious how tough the area is.. can do it on a bike some parts and hiking others, etc. What parking is best? Is anyone else interest in going with me when I figure out when to go? :)

TA

Paul - I tried to go in the other night from the Park side and there are trail detures - that actually dead ended. When I went the next morning I Park at Steele Bridge and went in from there. I'd be interested in a trip out there again to get the rest of the caches I don't have yet.

MTB or hike - either is fine for me. Like lostguy said, the downhills make the MTB more fun :)

I have helpful coords for those that start at Summit Park on A little Clear Heart cache.

I'm thinking of hitting some of the MTB trails in the Canyon Lake area of Riverside County this afternoon. There are over 30 caches in the area that have not been found as of 2 pm today. Anyone feel like heading out there with me and racking up some FTFs??? I was planning on leaving my house in La Mesa around 3 or 3:30 pm and ride until sundown - then heading back.

I'm thinking of hitting some of the MTB trails in the Canyon Lake area of Riverside County this afternoon. There are over 30 caches in the area that have not been found as of 2 pm today. Anyone feel like heading out there with me and racking up some FTFs??? I was planning on leaving my house in La Mesa around 3 or 3:30 pm and ride until sundown - then heading back.

Aah man!!! I just saw this post!

We went riding in MTRP this morning and did ok but nothing like 30 FTFs.

That seems like a late start to get up there and have enough time to ride before dark. I hope you don't run out of daylight. :)

That seems like a late start to get up there and have enough time to ride before dark. I hope you don't run out of daylight. :D

There were over 60 new caches that went hot today. I'm guessing that at least half will remain unfound today. Some of them that I came across were already found, but not logged yet. Anyone not working tomorrow may be able to clean up, if the FTF is your thing. For most that I did today, a high clearance vehicle is desirable. You might find youself having to turn a blind eye to some of the signs in the area as well :rolleyes:

That seems like a late start to get up there and have enough time to ride before dark. I hope you don't run out of daylight. :D

There were over 60 new caches that went hot today. I'm guessing that at least half will remain unfound today. Some of them that I came across were already found, but not logged yet. Anyone not working tomorrow may be able to clean up, if the FTF is your thing. For most that I did today, a high clearance vehicle is desirable. You might find youself having to turn a blind eye to some of the signs in the area as well :rolleyes:

Lots of lotto tickets. Mabye you will win!

Anyone interested in heading back into MTRP above highway 52? Thinking of Friday night 6pm start out of campground parking. Saturday?

Would love to, but my weekends are occupied for now.

However, I'm planning on taking a day off next Wednesday 10/4 and head up that way.

Start: Morning and be gone all day.

Anybody interested????

Everything is set, I got the day off and I'm going - come hell or high water!!! :anitongue:

If anybody is interested in tagging along, pls e-mail me.

If anybody wants to do Lost City of Atlantis and Black Beard's Grotto, this is the weekend to do it. The tide is very low in the afternoon both Saturday and Sunday. Check out this link http://facs.scripps.edu/cgi-bin/plottide.pl for time.

You can also do the swimming caches if you are a true Polarbear :laughing: , but if you don't like to get your paws wet you can try Scuba Steve's Grandma - that one will be on dry land at low tide.

Be safe and have fun!

WANTED: SAN DIEGO GEOCACHERS!!

FOX 6 (XETV-TV) San Diego would like to run a live broadcast with local geocachers, talking about geocaching, and actually geocaching next FRIDAY the 13th (my favorite date). We would be on the Fox in the morning show so they anticipate at least 3 live feeds through the duration of the morning show (5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc.). The only request is, that we are awake (coffee), excited (coffee), and can talk somewhat intelligently about the subject (coffee). So can FATTBOY show up with his wig and donuts? :rolleyes: The reporter, Sherri Palmeri, even suggested we could place a Fox6 News Cache (mock) or release a Fox6 News travelbug on air (ooooh aahhh). I suggested the central area to broadcast could be somewhere near Mission Trails.

So, anyone want to volunteer and become the next morning star? :laughing:

PassingWind

If anybody wants to do Lost City of Atlantis and Black Beard's Grotto, this is the weekend to do it. The tide is very low in the afternoon both Saturday and Sunday. Check out this link http://facs.scripps.edu/cgi-bin/plottide.pl for time.

You can also do the swimming caches if you are a true Polarbear :laughing: , but if you don't like to get your paws wet you can try Scuba Steve's Grandma - that one will be on dry land at low tide.

Be safe and have fun!

I intrested in doing that, I might be able to go Sunday. I have wanted to go do those for a while. I got a swim competion on Saturday.

-Austin Q.

WANTED: SAN DIEGO GEOCACHERS!!

FOX 6 (XETV-TV) San Diego would like to run a live broadcast with local geocachers, talking about geocaching, and actually geocaching next FRIDAY the 13th (my favorite date). We would be on the Fox in the morning show so they anticipate at least 3 live feeds through the duration of the morning show (5:30, 6:30, 7:30, etc.). The only request is, that we are awake (coffee), excited (coffee), and can talk somewhat intelligently about the subject (coffee). So can FATTBOY show up with his wig and donuts? :rolleyes: The reporter, Sherri Palmeri, even suggested we could place a Fox6 News Cache (mock) or release a Fox6 News travelbug on air (ooooh aahhh). I suggested the central area to broadcast could be somewhere near Mission Trails.

So, anyone want to volunteer and become the next morning star? :laughing:

PassingWind

Obviously the spot should feature a clip of Palmeri going for a find at Travelita's "Adrenaline Cache" or even that "Middle Earth" cache. Say, here's another idea, why not have her score "Jutht Whithtle?" That should liven up the spot.

Hmm, wonder what those humorless MTRP Rangers will think of Geocaching coverage?

Whoever takes the gig can wear my paper-bag hat and donut glasses to go with the coffee.

Actually all I ask of you, PW, is that you tell your storm-drain story and show your scars to prove it. O yes, take a large print of TT's elbow operation along to show the viewers. That could lead to a new carrier for you in Reality TV.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I'm going to do the 5 caches around view of 125 tomorrow morning say 8 to 8:30. I have a parking pass for grossmont college since i'm taking a class at cuyumaga. I you want to meet e-mail me and you can ride with me.

Dang! I scored the four new ones today. Parked on a nearby neighborhood street just off campus and rode my mountain bike through the gate at Lot 4A. Went out without my PDA and was almost sorry in one or two places. Spent a lot of time at each of two of the hides. Plenty of room for more placements by the way.

Enjoy the river-stone trails,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Be safe and have fun!

I intrested in doing that, I might be able to go Sunday. I have wanted to go do those for a while. I got a swim competion on Saturday.

-Austin Q.

Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding: I'm not going, I already did both of them during the summer - I just mentioned it as an FYI for the rest of the geocaching community.

Do them both if you haven't done any of them - you will not regret it. Just be careful on the slippery rocks!!!

I'm going to do the 5 caches around view of 125 tomorrow morning say 8 to 8:30. I have a parking pass for grossmont college since i'm taking a class at cuyumaga. I you want to meet e-mail me and you can ride with me.

Couldn't join you, but I'll borrow your pass :lol: .

Dang! I scored the four new ones today. Parked on a nearby neighborhood street just off campus and rode my mountain bike through the gate at Lot 4A. Went out without my PDA and was almost sorry in one or two places. Spent a lot of time at each of two of the hides. Plenty of room for more placements by the way.

Harmon

don't you have some photoshop stuff to do or square dancing? gonna have to call your nun bride and have her take you some whar with the pill bottles.

Harmon

don't you have some photoshop stuff to do or square dancing? gonna have to call your nun bride and have her take you some whar with the pill bottles.

Hey Steve,

Now there's nine caches out there and counting. The Devil made me do it and I had a lot of help from others.

C'mon Steve, Git'erDone! ... and don't go steppin' on the sleeper caches while you're out there.

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies

Harmon

Hey Steve,

Now there's nine caches out there and counting. The Devil made me do it and I had a lot of help from others.

C'mon Steve, Git'erDone! ... and don't go steppin' on the sleeper caches while you're out there.

Harmon

waiting for the "sleeper" caches to wake up and smell the coffee :o

Harmon

Hey Steve,

Harmon

waiting for the "sleeper" caches to wake up and smell the coffee :blink:

I think they have been woken up. I place one large cache and a war starts. <_<<_<:unsure:

I am thinking about San Miguel Mt., Friday morning as well as some of the Sweetwater Reservoir caches. I have some things to do at 5pm, but the morning and afternoon will be free. [:anibad:] I am going to be on vacaction and hope to clear a few that have been on my 'list' for far too long. Of course, plans may change depending on how is available... weather report does show possible showers, we'll see.

Anyone interested?

TA

Harmon

Hey Steve,

Harmon

waiting for the "sleeper" caches to wake up and smell the coffee :D

I think they have been woken up. I place one large cache and a war starts. :rolleyes:;):)

Seventeen new ones at last count.

Hey everybody, we're all done so its safe to start finding this cluster. :D

Edited by SD Rowdies

Dang! I scored the four new ones today. Parked on a nearby neighborhood street just off campus and rode my mountain bike through the gate at Lot 4A. Went out without my PDA and was almost sorry in one or two places. Spent a lot of time at each of two of the hides. Plenty of room for more placements by the way. Enjoy the river-stone trails, Harmon
Hey Steve, Now there's nine caches out there and counting. The Devil made me do it and I had a lot of help from others. C'mon Steve, Git'erDone! ... and don't go steppin' on the sleeper caches while you're out there. Harmon
waiting for the "sleeper" caches to wake up and smell the coffee :D
I think they have been woken up. I place one large cache and a war starts. :rolleyes:;):)

Seventeen new ones at last count. Hey everybody, we're all done so its safe to start finding this cluster. :D
I've been waiting since the last time I cleared all the caches off Cowles.... :D

Any idea many caches there are in MTRP now?

Edited by TrailGators
I am thinking about San Miguel Mt., Friday morning as well as some of the Sweetwater Reservoir caches. I have some things to do at 5pm, but the morning and afternoon will be free. [ :rolleyes: ] I am going to be on vacaction and hope to clear a few that have been on my 'list' for far too long. Of course, plans may change depending on how is available... weather report does show possible showers, we'll see.

Anyone interested?

TA

I'm interested but I work M-F.... ;)

I am thinking about San Miguel Mt., Friday morning as well as some of the Sweetwater Reservoir caches. I have some things to do at 5pm, but the morning and afternoon will be free. [ :) ] I am going to be on vacaction and hope to clear a few that have been on my 'list' for far too long. Of course, plans may change depending on how is available... weather report does show possible showers, we'll see.

Anyone interested?

TA

I'm interested but I work M-F.... :rolleyes:

I have a wedding to be dragged to on Saturday.. ;)

I am thinking about San Miguel Mt., Friday morning as well as some of the Sweetwater Reservoir caches. I have some things to do at 5pm, but the morning and afternoon will be free. [ :) ] I am going to be on vacaction and hope to clear a few that have been on my 'list' for far too long. Of course, plans may change depending on how is available... weather report does show possible showers, we'll see. Anyone interested? TA
I'm interested but I work M-F.... :rolleyes:
I have a wedding to be dragged to on Saturday.. ;)
Since I'm going to the desert outing next weekend, I better stay home and do some honeydew stuff this weekend....

Next Monday (10/16), I'm heading out to Tomb Raider with Eric from 'Eric and Hill'. We're planning on renting a 4x4 (X-Terra) for the trip and if anybody want's to tag along to split the cost it's not a problem.

Start time: around 6 am. :rolleyes: We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. ;)

Next Monday (10/16), I'm heading out to Tomb Raider with Eric from 'Eric and Hill'. We're planning on renting a 4x4 (X-Terra) for the trip and if anybody want's to tag along to split the cost it's not a problem.

Start time: around 6 am. :rolleyes: We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. ;)

I may be interested, but I have a jeep. Maybe a few others will come. Sounds like fun. I am going to be off for a couple weeks. I have way to many puzzles I have to get out of my system. :)

TA

Anybody interested????

It's not work I'm worried about :) ; see previous entry by TrailGator's.

Start time: around 6 am. ;) We'll be gone all day since neither of us have done any caches in the area (The Basilisk is another cache we'll definitely do).

Anybody interested????

If you work, take the day off - Remember, even a bad day caching beats any day working. :)

It's not work I'm worried about :D ; see previous entry by TrailGator's.

Honeydew stuff?!?! :D

Do it on the weekend and give her lots of :D - She'll be sure to let you out on Monday...

Well, if that doesn't work... then you're out of luck... :rolleyes: