San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

All you that have done the hike to Rabbit Peak are studs! :laughing::ph34r:

I second that motion! So is Whitney next? :wub:

YEP! :wub:

I knew it! Good job! :rolleyes: Any future plans for something like Denali? :P I wonder what the highest geocache in the world is?

High Altitude Caches Thread

It just might be Whitney, but I'm not sure? You could always ask this cacher ! :huh:

I sent that cacher email to ask Him. I didn't know I could do that until today! :huh:

High Altitude Caches Thread

It just might be Whitney, but I'm not sure? You could always ask this cacher ! :blink:

I know of a virtual on Kilamanjaro -- somewhat above 19000ft.

This inspired me to see if there was something higher -- especially a physical cache as opposed to a virtual. Looking at the Himalayas, there is a cache (Chomolangma) at ~24750ft. There's no finds on it yet so if you hurry, you might get the FTF. There are two others nearby that are also above 17,000 feet.

I did a quick scan of the Alaskan high peaks and didn't find any caches on any of them -- so it looks like the cache on Whitney is the highest in the US.

SR 330

[sAN BERNARDINO & RIVERSIDE CO.'S]

IS CLOSED FROM HIGHLAND AVE /IN SAN BERNARDINO/ TO THE JCT OF SR 18

/IN RUNNING SPRINGS/ (SAN BERNARDINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 8/23/06

- DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/sr330

bummer.. That will take a bit longer.. thanks for the info. It seems now that it will be closed until September 4th. I will route around it.

---

SR 330

/IN RUNNING SPRINGS/ (SAN BERNARDINO CO) FROM 1800 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0800 HRS

EACH MORNING 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 9/4/06 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS

AVAILABLE

---

SR 330

/IN RUNNING SPRINGS/ (SAN BERNARDINO CO) 24 HRS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 8/23/06

I wonder if I should take 18 or 38 around. Anyone else have a suggestion? We are looking forward to the get away..

SR 330

I wonder if I should take 18 or 38 around. Anyone else have a suggestion? We are looking forward to the get away..

Today is 8/24...... :laughing:

SR 330

We just got back from a short vacation in Big Bear. We used the 38 which is the route I prefer anyway. Sounds like this will be a fun event.

Anybody interested in tagging along on Sunday for all day hiking in MTRP???

I'm starting from Clairemont Mesa Blvd entrance @ 8 am (or sooner) and going pretty much straight to "Saddle Up" cache via "Bullseye of MTRP" and "TB M.A.S.H. Unit MTRP."

Once on top I'm grabbing the caches north and south along the rim, ending with "The Adrenaline Cache" before heading down. See google map http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...;zm=14&mt=k

I expect to be out there until sunset.

Well, that's the plan anyway... :laughing:

Anybody interested in tagging along on Sunday for all day hiking in MTRP???

I'm starting from Clairemont Mesa Blvd entrance @ 8 am (or sooner) and going pretty much straight to "Saddle Up" cache via "Bullseye of MTRP" and "TB M.A.S.H. Unit MTRP."

Once on top I'm grabbing the caches north and south along the rim, ending with "The Adrenaline Cache" before heading down. See google map http://www.geocaching.com/seek/gmnearest.a...;zm=14&mt=k

I expect to be out there until sunset.

Well, that's the plan anyway... :laughing:

My girlfriend are going on saturday, so if we don't make it out of MTRP maybe we will see you on Sunday :laughing: I am sure we will make it out though and good luck on Sunday.

SR 330

We just got back from a short vacation in Big Bear. We used the 38 which is the route I prefer anyway. Sounds like this will be a fun event.

My prefered route when the 330 is closed is the 38 through Redlands. I take the 215 to the 91East, pick up the 10East and exit on University Ave....turn left and head north for a blonde mile... you'll hit the main drag....take a right on the big 4 lane road....drive through Mentone, stop at the A& W Root Beer in Mentone and cache your way up the mountain. It's about 15 miles further to go that way but doesn't take any longer cause you can drive faaaaaaster on the 38. I also think it's very scenic. Hope to see lots of SD cachers there on Saturday!!

Edited by blonds run amuck
GD Ginger and I are planning a run through Otay Truck Trail from the East, at Marron Valley, to the West.

We'll swing by the Steele Bridge at 6A if anyone would like to join us.

<_< John and I might be able to join you...if the Charger game doesn't keep us out too late...we're still on East Coast time. We will post a yeah or neah tonight. jl

GD Ginger and I are planning a run through Otay Truck Trail from the East, at Marron Valley, to the West.

I'd love to go but have a birthday dinner with the inlaws tonight <_<

Anything going on tomorrow?

This is for tomorrow.

I will be with Skillet, and there's a chance that Fattboy may be going.

This is for tomorrow.

WooHoo then count me in for sure!!!

6am at the Steel Bridge.

This is for tomorrow.

WooHoo then count me in for sure!!!

6am at the Steel Bridge.

can someone please give me a starting WP so I can search for the caches in the area? I'd hate to download WPs and then wind up being wrong. THANKS!!

To clarify, Sunday the 27th. 6A at Steele Bridge, (N32 44.060 W116 56.470).

First one for me is Mirror Mirror on the road.... There are several more to the east, including two south from the Otay Mtn Truck Trail-Marron Valley intersection, Gold Silver Cotton Wood, and Stone Ruination #2--Valley of Hogs. Some of you may want to split here if you want to hit those. I too only need the five new ones. I believer there are about 15 caches that can be had.

The road on Otay trail is smooth enough for a low clearance vehicle, but I'll be bringing my lil truck.

Edited by Chuy!

First one for me is Mirror Mirror on the road.... There are several more to the east, including two south from the Otay Mtn Truck Trail-Marron Valley intersection, Gold Silver Cotton Wood, and Stone Ruination #2--Valley of Hogs. Some of you may want to split here if you want to hit those. I too only need the five new ones. I believer there are about 15 caches that can be had.

The road on Otay trail is smooth enough for a low clearance vehicle, but I'll be bringing my lil truck.

Me and Skillet also just need the new one's. <_< Also Fattboy can't go ;)

Edited by Team Fatman

I need all the Otay Mt. caches so I will try to get there at the 6am starting time. Redstareg and I can stop at every one while you guys find the ones you need. Steele Bridge at 6am if I can wake up.

I need all the Otay Mt. caches so I will try to get there at the 6am starting time. Redstareg and I can stop at every one while you guys find the ones you need. Steele Bridge at 6am if I can wake up.

<_< Coffee is set for 05:00 so we'll see ya all there at 06:00. JnJ

If only I didn't get home at 2am. <_< not good with mornings anyway though.

If only I didn't get home at 2am. :) not good with mornings anyway though.

my brother in law took me out for my bday last night and we did not get home until around 3am so I wound up sleeping through my alarm and missed out on this mornings meeting :laughing:

my brother in law took me out for my bday last night and we did not get home until around 3am so I wound up sleeping through my alarm and missed out on this mornings meeting :laughing:

Well, hiccup, happy B'day!

We called you twice on your cell, but you must have been snoozing away. We'll catch you next time.

Well, hiccup, happy B'day!

We called you twice on your cell, but you must have been snoozing away. We'll catch you next time.

yes, I saw the missed calls on my cell when I woke up at 11am haha. now I'm just waiting around to see if any new caches pop up to get me out of the house

Thanks Chuy!

my brother in law took me out for my bday last night and we did not get home until around 3am so I wound up sleeping through my alarm and missed out on this mornings meeting :unsure:

We waited until 0610, Chuy called you twice and got voice mail. :laughing::) You missed a good time, :) Which any time with other Cachers is always a fun time. :P:) By the way HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Edited by SKILLET

We were just out in the desert today to check up on the property for the campout in October. 110 degrees was the high today. As suspected, not a lot of folks out today. Roxy loved chasing down the stink bugs. (in the shade) Also did some scouting around for some new cache hide areas in Ocotillo Wells. Skillet, (our new neighbor) We drove by your place, it's still standing. :) No flag up though....so we didn't stop by. :laughing:

yes, I saw the missed calls on my cell when I woke up at 11am haha. now I'm just waiting around to see if any new caches pop up to get me out of the house

Thanks Chuy!

Rogue and I will probably wander out when it cools down a little more to do some caches near the bay/ocean if you want an excuse to get out and head that way. I have been debating going out to check on my P&K Sunset cache.

Ok, I have 2 more days off for my vacation and going to be heading up the 8 to Sunrise Hwy thru Julian, Ramona, Poway, Santee and back...

Anyone interested in tagging along to rack up some ###s today?

Then some night caching to finish up Forbidden Forest and maybe Proctor Valley tonight

tomorrow, I'll be heading out to the desert - not sure exactlly where since I have very few out there.

Any takers?

Ok, I have 2 more days off for my vacation and going to be heading up the 8 to Sunrise Hwy thru Julian, Ramona, Poway, Santee and back...

Then some night caching to finish up Forbidden Forest and maybe Proctor Valley tonight

tomorrow, I'll be heading out to the desert - not sure exactlly where since I have very few out there.

Any takers?

hmm, sit in an air conditioned office or cache in the high 90s outside. :P

Let me know if you make it to Forbidden Forest tonight. I work over in that area and wouldn't mind coming over to watch. I also have 2 new caches over there I need to grab.

Any takers?

hmm, sit in an air conditioned office or cache in the high 90s outside. :P

Let me know if you make it to Forbidden Forest tonight. I work over in that area and wouldn't mind coming over to watch. I also have 2 new caches over there I need to grab.

Forbidden Forest is for sure tonight, probably around 8pm. I made it as far as the black box, but then had trouble "feeling my way around" so I'm bringing a secret weapon this time.

I'll probably be out the entire afternoon so how about meeting at the listed parking area at 8?