San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

anyone interested in a cache event on fiesta island in the next couple of weeks? bonfire and fireworks and a nighttime only geocache adventure?????...you bring a dessert to share....calll in Come on Baby Light My Fire.....need some help setting it up. Volunteers?

I'm willing to staff the grill if someone brings a grill. I'm also willing to prepare some carne asada ala the MTRP Armistice barbeque.

:laughing::lol: Do you all have a date in mind?

anyone interested in a cache event on fiesta island in the next couple of weeks? bonfire and fireworks and a nighttime only geocache adventure?????...you bring a dessert to share....calll in Come on Baby Light My Fire.....need some help setting it up. Volunteers?

I'm willing to staff the grill if someone brings a grill. I'm also willing to prepare some carne asada ala the MTRP Armistice barbeque.

:laughing::lol: Do you all have a date in mind?

how bout a day between wednesday august 16 and thursday august 24?

I thought BBG was out because of positive tides and the times of low tides.

Or do I think too much :blink: ?

Low tide is at 5PM. The water is currently 74 degrees + and we have bathing suits, GPSs and ziplock bags! :ph34r:

:):lol: Really??? It's a go???? Which day?

Sad turd day. So who wants to DO IT?! :blink:

I thought BBG was out because of positive tides and the times of low tides.

Or do I think too much :blink: ?

Low tide is at 5PM. The water is currently 74 degrees + and we have bathing suits, GPSs and ziplock bags! :ph34r:

Sad turd day. So who wants to DO IT?! :blink:

We are in for Sad turd day!!!!!!! What time and where to hook up?

Other caches planed?

I thought BBG was out because of positive tides and the times of low tides.Or do I think too much :blink: ?
Low tide is at 5PM. The water is currently 74 degrees + and we have bathing suits, GPSs and ziplock bags!
Sad turd day. So who wants to DO IT?! :ph34r:
We are in for Sad turd day!!!!!!! What time and where to hook up? Other caches planned?
If it's not too hot I'd like to hit these puzzles: My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers. I also like to finish Peeves! A good spot to meet if we do those is the P&R at 56 and 15. If we get hot and sweaty the cool ocean will feel that much better later that day! :blink: Edited by TrailGators

The kids want to hit the Pt Loma caches in the morning and have lunch at the fish market.

How about meeting up for BBG at the posted starting point at 1600?

We have a new cacher with us. She got her first cache in Hawaii with Heidi, Shes Hooked now.

Gene

If it's not too hot I'd like to hit these puzzles: My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers. I also like to finish Peeves! A good spot to meet if we do those is the P&R at 56 and 15. If we get hot and sweaty the cool ocean will feel that much better later that day! B)

Perhaps you should also do Hunt for Red October... That way, you won't have to move the car between My Sage Words and Between the Dits! :lol:

The kids want to hit the Pt Loma caches in the morning and have lunch at the fish market.How about meeting up for BBG at the posted starting point at 1600?We have a new cacher with us. She got her first cache in Hawaii with Heidi, Shes Hooked now.Gene

Sounds like a plan but we might not get there until closer to 4:30PM.

If it's not too hot I'd like to hit these puzzles: My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers. I also like to finish Peeves! A good spot to meet if we do those is the P&R at 56 and 15. If we get hot and sweaty the cool ocean will feel that much better later that day! :lol:

How about adding in Dits1 & 2, Blase Clever Rebuttals, and Poke-cache? B)

Anything going on for Sunday? ( and to keep in sync here.... Sun dae?) Hey...we need an ice cream cache!

Yum!

Team Adelos and I are meeting up Sunday afternoon around 2pm. We hadn't picked anywhere specific yet but he will be at the airport and I will be near Hillcrest at the time.

If it's not too hot I'd like to hit these puzzles: My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers. I also like to finish Peeves! A good spot to meet if we do those is the P&R at 56 and 15. If we get hot and sweaty the cool ocean will feel that much better later that day! :lol:

How about adding in Dits1 & 2, Blase Clever Rebuttals, and Poke-cache? :lol:

I've done all those! B) I was figuring that you guys could continue you caching into the night with those! B)

We could do Red October.

The kids want to hit the Pt Loma caches in the morning and have lunch at the fish market.How about meeting up for BBG at the posted starting point at 1600?We have a new cacher with us. She got her first cache in Hawaii with Heidi, Shes Hooked now.Gene

Sounds like a plan but we might not get there until closer to 4:30PM.

Cool, We'll be there.

If it's not too hot I'd like to hit these puzzles: My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers. I also like to finish Peeves! A good spot to meet if we do those is the P&R at 56 and 15. If we get hot and sweaty the cool ocean will feel that much better later that day! :D

How about adding in Dits1 & 2, Blase Clever Rebuttals, and Poke-cache? :lol:

Yup, Sunday I am available after 10 or 11am.. I have to check :lol: I have no preferance as to the location. Anywhere will do.

not to discourage anything with Black Beard's Grotto but here is a couple pieces of info that is good to know before going out for it....

-most websites show that low tide is between 6:20-6:30

http://facs.scripps.edu/cgi-bin/plottide.pl

2006-07-29 6:29 PM PDT 2.15 feet Low Tide

this is a picture a group took when it was a 1.3 foot low tide so you will get wet! bring towels and maybe a change of clothes.

71a19359-4ada-4dd5-a0c5-5d3c08244b6a.jpg

not to discourage anything with Black Beard's Grotto but here is a couple pieces of info that is good to know before going out for it....

this is a picture a group took when it was a 1.3 foot low tide so you will get wet! bring towels and maybe a change of clothes.

....or we could just bring you and some binoculars!!! :D

I am bringing a bathing suit and a towel!

For those of you that want join us to hit some NC puzzles tomorrow (My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers, etc). We will meet at the P&R at 56&15 at 9:30AM tomorrow morning. We may do all or part of Hunt for Red October and we may finish Peeves but later tomorrow we will head over to do Black Beard's Grotto at 4:30PM!

9665ea3d-5720-43f4-bcbe-9fc88bbc8f7a.jpg

The good news is that it is only supposed to be a high of 84 tomorrow! :D

Edited by TrailGators
Not to discourage anything with Black Beard's Grotto but here is a couple pieces of info that is good to know before going out for it....
....or we could just bring you and some binoculars!!! :D

Y-all gonna die!

c0363ee4-6f19-4f03-bce6-67571839c47c.jpg

Edited by SD Rowdies
Not to discourage anything with Black Beard's Grotto but here is a couple pieces of info that is good to know before going out for it....
....or we could just bring you and some binoculars!!! :P

Y-all gonna die!

Nobody told me that there'd be sharks down there!!! :blink:

Look what I got in the mail today! B)

d49643e2-0194-4715-9889-333daab2d1a7.jpg

For those of you that want join us to hit some NC puzzles tomorrow (My Sage Words, Poles Apart, Between the Dits, Holst, and Bizarre Numbers, etc). We will meet at the P&R at 56&15 at 9:30AM tomorrow morning. We may do all or part of Hunt for Red October and we may finish Peeves but later tomorrow we will head over to do Black Beard's Grotto at 4:30PM!

The good news is that it is only supposed to be a high of 84 tomorrow! B)

:blink::P Is there an actual exit called 56 off the 15? That's not our area of town.

:blink::P Is there an actual exit called 56 off the 15? That's not our area of town.

56 / Ted Williams Parkway

on the map, Trailgators posted, you need to enter the Park and Ride from Evening Creek Dr N.

It's really easy.

If you are heading north on 15 exit right (east) on 56.

Then take your first right.

....or we could just bring you and some binoculars!!! :ph34r:

Y-all gonna die!

Look what I got in the mail today! :P

Hopefully you'll be bringing that around tomorrow to share with everyone???

I've been looking in the mail since it's been getting close to Aug. 1 but no luck for me B)

I noticed today that people started having the icons show up on their profiles.

BTW, did Jeep distribute the White and Yellow jeeps the same way? I noticed that there are a lot of Yellow Jeep TBs that have their status as "unknown" - does that mean they never made it out to the public or are lost?

I'll hide it in Black Beard's Grotto and then you can discover it there. I'd rather that nobody take it in our group. I'd like somebody to earn it the old fashioned way! :blink: The yellow ones we found the old fashioned way. I think I did get one of those in the mail later. The white ones were to the admins to give out. I think San Diego got 10 to start. The green ones are still being sent out. About half will disappear because many people put them in caches with high muggle risk. I think these should go in special caches but that's my opinion.

Edited by TrailGators

I'll hide it in Black Beard's Grotto and then you can discover it there. I'd rather that nobody take it in our group. I'd like somebody to earn it the old fashioned way! :blink: The yellow ones we found the old fashioned way. I think I did get one of those in the mail later. The white ones they sent to admins. I think San Diego got 10 to start. The green ones are still being sent out. About half will disappear because many people put them in caches with high muggle risk. I think these should go in special caches but that's my opinion.

I strongly agree with you on their placement in special caches.

All this stuff lately with coins disappearing left and right is pretty disturbing - I see a cache listed that is suppossed to have a coin in it that I have never seen - spend time getting to it, only to have it not be there.

Granted it's not the coin that is the reward of caching, but I do enjoy discovering coins I have never seen before.

I'll hide it in Black Beard's Grotto and then you can discover it there. I'd rather that nobody take it in our group. I'd like somebody to earn it the old fashioned way! :blink: The yellow ones we found the old fashioned way. I think I did get one of those in the mail later. The white ones they sent to admins. I think San Diego got 10 to start. The green ones are still being sent out. About half will disappear because many people put them in caches with high muggle risk. I think these should go in special caches but that's my opinion.

All this stuff lately with coins disappearing left and right is pretty disturbing - I see a cache listed that is suppossed to have a coin in it that I have never seen - spend time getting to it, only to have it not be there.

Granted it's not the coin that is the reward of caching, but I do enjoy discovering coins I have never seen before.

C4 now drills a small hole in his coins. This tells everyone that the coin is stolen. So the ethical coin traders won't trade for it. Anyhow, jeeps don't have any value. I'm not sure why anyone but a muggle would take it. Anyhow, I still think "discovering" is silly but it makes sense for coins. In the case of jeeps the thrill is running to a cache and finding it. It's kind of like an FTF. I don't feel like I've actually found one until I do that. Of course, if they release a gazillion of them then the rarity and thus the thrill of finding them will be gone.

I'll hide it in Black Beard's Grotto and then you can discover it there. I'd rather that nobody take it in our group. I'd like somebody to earn it the old fashioned way! :P The yellow ones we found the old fashioned way. I think I did get one of those in the mail later. The white ones they sent to admins. I think San Diego got 10 to start. The green ones are still being sent out. About half will disappear because many people put them in caches with high muggle risk. I think these should go in special caches but that's my opinion.

C4 now drills a small hole in his coins. This tells everyone that the coin is stolen. So the ethical coin traders won't trade for it. Anyhow, jeeps don't have any value. I'm not sure why anyone but a muggle would take it. Anyhow, I still think "discovering" is silly but it makes sense for coins. In the case of jeeps the thrill is running to a cache and finding it. It's kind of like an FTF. I don't feel like I've actually found one until I do that. Of course, if they release a gazillion of them then the rarity and thus the thrill of finding them will be gone.

I've still yet to find one in the "wild" :blink:

I'll hide it in Black Beard's Grotto and then you can discover it there. I'd rather that nobody take it in our group. I'd like somebody to earn it the old fashioned way! :P The yellow ones we found the old fashioned way. I think I did get one of those in the mail later. The white ones they sent to admins. I think San Diego got 10 to start. The green ones are still being sent out. About half will disappear because many people put them in caches with high muggle risk. I think these should go in special caches but that's my opinion.

I've still yet to find one in the "wild" :blink:

Your best bet is finding one as an FTF prize.

Y-all gonna die!

Look what I got in the mail today! :)

I've been looking in the mail since it's been getting close to Aug. 1 but no luck for me B)

BTW, did Jeep distribute the White and Yellow jeeps the same way? I noticed that there are a lot of Yellow Jeep TBs that have their status as "unknown" - does that mean they never made it out to the public or are lost?

I just got my Green Jeep TB in the mail today too! :ph34r: I'll be placing it in a cache on Sunday. Still trying to decide exactly where to put it. Somewhere good though. :P

Y-all gonna die!

Look what I got in the mail today! :)

I just got my Green Jeep TB in the mail today too! :ph34r: I'll be placing it in a cache on Sunday. Still trying to decide exactly where to put it. Somewhere good though. :P

Somewhere in North County would be nice! :)

Y-all gonna die!

Nobody told me that there'd be sharks down there!!! B)

Look what I got in the mail today! :P

I've been looking in the mail since it's been getting close to Aug. 1 but no luck for me :)

I just got my Green Jeep TB in the mail today too! :) I'll be placing it in a cache on Sunday. Still trying to decide exactly where to put it. Somewhere good though. :ph34r:

Somewhere in North County would be nice! B)

I want to go too but I haven't solved any puzzles in that area. After the latest controversy about non-solvers finding puzzles, I'm going to try and crash my way through some of them tonight. :blink: If you hear screaming, that will be me.

I want to go too but I haven't solved any puzzles in that area. After the latest controversy about non-solvers finding puzzles, I'm going to try and crash my way through some of them tonight. :blink: If you hear screaming, that will be me.
I heard that people that log puzzles and haven't solved them will now be tarred and feathered. Then they will be released into the wild, photographed and later have their photos posted on Gecko Dad's Critter thread. :P
I heard that people that log puzzles and haven't solved them will now be tarred and feathered. Then they will be released into the wild, photographed and later have their photos posted on Gecko Dad's Critter thread. :P

No tar for me; I solved one. It was the easiest one of course. Now on to the rest of them...

No tar for me; I solved one. It was the easiest one of course. Now on to the rest of them...

The rest of them? Can you tweet like a bird!!!! BWA HA HA! B)

I think we may be picking the wrong day to do this. Read this log:

First time we went at a low tide of 2ft........... 2 ft is not low tide by-the-way. Tried swimming there but the waves crashing against the rocks causing death and dismemberment soon de-railed us.

So round 2. Went at -1.8ft. Eazy peazy. Had fun scaring all the crabs all the way there.

Anyhow LT is around 6PM but it isn't that much higher at 5PM plus it's going out:

34184346-5641-4d54-b09b-a655ece2a750.jpg

The next weekend that has a lower tide is Septenber 9th:

a5b71ce6-8067-4a8c-b3f0-3574cf60c8a2.jpg

Maybe we should wait? What do you guys think?

Edited by TrailGators

First time we went at a low tide of 2ft........... 2 ft is not low tide by-the-way. Tried swimming there but the waves crashing against the rocks causing death and dismemberment soon de-railed us.

So round 2. Went at -1.8ft. Eazy peazy. Had fun scaring all the crabs all the way there.

Anyhow LT is around 6PM but it isn't that much higher at 5PM plus it's going out:

We'll be there to at least look.

The reason I think this is such a highly regarded cache is because if you go at a negative tide it is a very cool walk along the ocean rocks. You go past the tidepools full of sea life and anemones like you do for the Coastal Walk cache. I know we probably can battle the waves and probably avoid slipping and falling on the rocks but I think it will be a much better cache if we wait a month for the next daytime negative lowtide.

The reason I think this is such a highly regarded cache is because if you go at a negative tide it is a very cool walk along the ocean rocks. You go past the tidepools full of sea life and anemones like you do for the Coastal Walk cache. I know we probably can battle the waves and probably avoid slipping and falling on the rocks but I think it will be a much better cache if we wait a month for the next daytime negative lowtide.

The last time we tried to do that cache, the tide was 1.8 or something like that. The place where that picture was taken pretty much looked the same at that level. I don't think clinging to the rocks would have worked then, we would have had to definitely swim across. Then when you get to the cave, you really have to be careful of the returning tide, it comes in fast. Isn't that container all rusted out? ~ or did somebody replace it? I think we'll wait for the minus tide.

Good Luck,

Splashette :unsure:

I went at negative tide and still got wet, but only 'cause I mis-timed the waves going in and out. I may joing you guys just to pick on ya all :lol: .

So are we still going to attempt this one tonight?

Anybody else interested in grabbing a few caches before meeting up for BBG? I overslept and missed the outing earlier :unsure:

Got a call from DeMoores, about doing this Cache, You need to be there at 5:30 for low tide cause of daylight savings.