San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Jahoadi and John and I are tentatively discussing plans to hike El Capitan/El Cajon Mtn on Memorial Day Weekend. Either Sat or Mon @6a'ish. It's only about 14 miles roundtrip and considered the toughest hike in San Diego County. However, rumor has it a one-way hike is possible.

Anyone else interested?

Those of you going to SCCCs, my foldable 12-foot ladder is available for borrowing. It falls 3-feet short of the reccommended length, but I used it and so did Miragee and Princess Toadstoal. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while; wonder how she's doing?

Edited by Chuy!
Jahoadi and John and I are tentatively discussing plans to hike El Capitan/El Cajon Mtn on Memorial Day Weekend. Either Sat or Mon @6a'ish. It's only about 14 miles roundtrip and considered the toughest hike in San Diego County. However, rumor has it a one-way hike is possible.

Anyone else interested?

Those of you going to SCCCs, my foldable 12-foot ladder is available for borrowing. It falls 3-feet short of the reccommended length, but I used it and so did Miragee and Princess Toadstoal. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while; wonder how she's doing?

Hi Chuy, this is humbling to admit but I'm not sure if I am in good enough shape to do that hike yet. I think the hardest hike I've done this year was ~12.5 miles and ~2500 feet vertical with Duganrm. We did that hike a couple of months ago and I was not very energetic after that hike. This hike would be like climbing Mount Woodson two times in a row from the Lake Poway side. But if there was a way to do it with a one way trip that that would help quite a bit. A 6AM start is tough for me coming from NC but in this case necessary because of the heat factor. If I did this hike I would need to get some of that miracle energy powder that Miragee was telling about about! Miragee what was that stuff called? :(

. . . It falls 3-feet short of the reccommended length, but I used it and so did Miragee and Princess Toadstoal. Now there's a name I haven't heard in a while; wonder how she's doing?

Check out my log for Valley View. On my way back from Colorado, I wanted to go to the town of Paradox. I didn't even notice there was a cache nearby when I headed that way.

123_ParadoxCO.jpg

After driving around Paradox, I looked for the cache. Imagine my surprise to see only P.T.'s name on the card . . . and later, she emailed telling me that is her only Colorado cache. What are the odds?

132_ValleyView.jpg

Anyway, she is in Oregon now, after traveling to NV, NM, and Moab.

Anyone else interested?

Hi Chuy, this is humbling to admit but I'm not sure if I am in good enough shape to do that hike yet. I think the hardest hike I've done this year was ~12.5 miles and ~2500 feet vertical with Duganrm. We did that hike a couple of months ago and I was not very energetic after that hike. This hike would be like climbing Mount Woodson two times in a row from the Lake Poway side. But if there was a way to do it with a one way trip that that would help quite a bit. A 6AM start is tough for me coming from NC but in this case necessary because of the heat factor. If I did this hike I would need to get some of that miracle energy powder that Miragee was telling about about! Miragee what was that stuff called? :lol:

I think SMOKEY said the name is something like "Gorkinade." The last couple of times I was at R.E.I., they were out of it.

The only way I could do that hike is if I got new hiking boots. My feet start killing me after about six miles of hiking . . . :( . . . and, come to think of it, even with new boots, I don't think the rest of me could do that hike . . . :(

Anyone else interested?

I could go for that, yeah. I won't get too knackered doing the SCCCs to get up for a 6am start the next day, will I?

I think SMOKEY said the name is something like "Gorkinade." The last couple of times I was at R.E.I., they were out of it.

520055_592Prd.jpg

Can that safely go into a camel pack? Curious....

There is also a hike at Hollenbeck Canyon (Jamul) on the 20th. I believe it is still on.

TA

520055_592Prd.jpg

Trivia Time: Bill Gookin (inventor of Gookinaid, a.k.a. ERG, a.k.a. Hydralyte) is a San Diego local. The company is over on Arjons Street (near some of TT's puzzle caches in the vicinity of Miramar and Camino Ruiz.)

A lot of runners/triathletes do put it into their Camelbacks. I've never put it in my Camelback that so I can't vouch for it personally...

Incidently, Gookinaid is one product that REI will not take back after you've used it... :(

Anyone else interested?

Hi Chuy, this is humbling to admit but I'm not sure if I am in good enough shape to do that hike yet. I think the hardest hike I've done this year was ~12.5 miles and ~2500 feet vertical with Duganrm. We did that hike a couple of months ago and I was not very energetic after that hike. This hike would be like climbing Mount Woodson two times in a row from the Lake Poway side. But if there was a way to do it with a one way trip that that would help quite a bit. A 6AM start is tough for me coming from NC but in this case necessary because of the heat factor. If I did this hike I would need to get some of that miracle energy powder that Miragee was telling about about! Miragee what was that stuff called? :(

:(:lol: The recovery powder is either Powerbar Recovery or Cytomax recovery. I will bring some for everyone who joins us. It tastes great mixed with gatorade and it really works. Performance Bike stores has it or you can get it on line really cheap....performancenutrionals.com I am walking proof that you will not have to lay on the couch all day the next day if you take this stuff.

Anyone else interested?

Hi Chuy, this is humbling to admit but I'm not sure if I am in good enough shape to do that hike yet. I think the hardest hike I've done this year was ~12.5 miles and ~2500 feet vertical with Duganrm. We did that hike a couple of months ago and I was not very energetic after that hike. This hike would be like climbing Mount Woodson two times in a row from the Lake Poway side. But if there was a way to do it with a one way trip that that would help quite a bit. A 6AM start is tough for me coming from NC but in this case necessary because of the heat factor. If I did this hike I would need to get some of that miracle energy powder that Miragee was telling about about! Miragee what was that stuff called? :blink:

:ph34r::huh: The recovery powder is either Powerbar Recovery or Cytomax recovery. I will bring some for everyone who joins us. It tastes great mixed with gatorade and it really works. Performance Bike stores has it or you can get it on line really cheap....performancenutrionals.com I am walking proof that you will not have to lay on the couch all day the next day if you take this stuff.

Thanks for all the tips on the Gookinaid and the power bars! I hate limping around all sore the next day! :)

As far as I know Hollenbeck is on.......The forecast for Saturday is low 80s. Due to time constraints for a few of us (9AM-2PM), we would like to park at one spot and hike in and out from that spot.....Does anyone have a recommended route for a ~5hr hike?

If you start out at the coordinates given in the description for Canyon View, N 32° 42.732 W 116° 48.969, you can walk downhill from there to Chuy's "No Boundaries," and then to "Jamul Creek View," and then "Elevation 999."

779d7b1f-1d13-47fa-b49f-a068d91cc457.jpg

From there, you can work your way over to "Lostguy"'s "It Got Me Off The Couch #2" and then walk back uphill to the other caches on the way back to the vehicles.

I've never walked that loop, so I'm not sure exactly how the trails intersect. I think starting at the top gives you the opportunity to get more caches than if you start at the Honey Springs trailhead.

If you have time left, there are five caches relatively close to that trailhead you can get before leaving the area. :)

El Capitan/El Cajon Mtn ......14 miles roundtrip and considered the toughest hike in San Diego County.

What about the San Diego / Riverside county line just before the summit of Rabbit Peak :o

Ask Jahoadi and John about that!

PW

:):ph34r: Yea, thanks for reminding me PassingWind. That is a hike you should have to do only once during your life and when PCWoody, Jahoadi and I did it a couple of years ago we weren't cachers yet. Bla Bla Bla complain complain complain.... Now we have to go back. T.R. Violin and Jason just had to put caches up there. Team Gecko, RUSCAL, D-Jollymon and RAMMJET have all been up there (although I see RAMMJET hasn't logged anything for two of them). We are starting to talk about a trip up, but we have to get in better shape first. All you that have done the hike to Rabbit Peak are studs! :blink::huh:

... you can walk downhill from there to Chuy's "No Boundaries," and then to "Jamul Creek View," and then "Elevation 999."...

There are reports of poison oak around No Boundaries. I don't remember any when I placed it. So, if you folks think it should be moved, please do so, or take it out of there. It also needs a log if one of you all can be so kind. Thanks!

... you can walk downhill from there to Chuy's "No Boundaries," and then to "Jamul Creek View," and then "Elevation 999."...

There are reports of poison oak around No Boundaries. I don't remember any when I placed it. So, if you folks think it should be moved, please do so, or take it out of there. It also needs a log if one of you all can be so kind. Thanks!

Poison Oak?! :blink: I wonder if Boomer will help us out once again?! :ph34r:

b642f99f-53b2-4511-a78f-60c8e2734003.jpg

* If we can safely retreive the cache I will replace the log! :)

If you start out at the coordinates given in the description for Canyon View, N 32° 42.732 W 116° 48.969, you can walk downhill from there to Chuy's "No Boundaries," and then to "Jamul Creek View," and then "Elevation 999."

From there, you can work your way over to "Lostguy"'s "It Got Me Off The Couch #2" and then walk back uphill to the other caches on the way back to the vehicles.

I've never walked that loop, so I'm not sure exactly how the trails intersect. I think starting at the top gives you the opportunity to get more caches than if you start at the Honey Springs trailhead.

If you have time left, there are five caches relatively close to that trailhead you can get before leaving the area. :blink:

It appears to be about a 5.5 mile hike. The number at the end of the short cache names is the difficulty rating. The rating lists from 1-10 (divide by 2 for geocache diff). :)

Here is a google earth shot:

Hollenbeck-Map-Route.jpg

I have a truck that we can load up in to drive the dirt road, otherwise I will bring the jeep. :ph34r: We also would like to kit the caches by Honey Springs area. That totals about 16. Indian Valley is close to the top, but not shown on this picture.

TA

:ph34r: There are also reports of poison oak at "Jamul Creek View."

I sure didn't see any when I was climbing around on that rock pile . . . :wub:

If you have time left, there are five caches relatively close to that trailhead you can get before leaving the area. :ph34r:

It appears to be about a 5.5 mile hike. The number at the end of the short cache names is the difficulty rating. The rating lists from 1-10 (divide by 2 for geocache diff). :wub:

Here is a google earth shot:

Hollenbeck-Map-Route.jpg

I have a truck that we can load up in to drive the dirt road, otherwise I will bring the jeep. :wub: We also would like to kit the caches by Honey Springs area. That totals about 16. Indian Valley is close to the top, but not shown on this picture.

TA

Sounds good! It's funny because I made almost the exact same map but didn't get around to posting it. I estimated 5.5 miles too. I figured we'd take the high road on the way out when it was cooler and the low shaded route on the way back when it got into the 80s later in the day. Anyhow, if Radio Racers (new cacher in my neighborhood) comes with me again this weekend, I will have to bail after the first batch of caches. He won't want to continue because he's a 3-4 hour cacher. But if he doesn't come then I would like to continue to get those other 6-7 on the south side. I estimated that the easier southern hike is about another 3 miles. So should we plan to meet at 9AM at the coords on your map? I say 9AM because I have a 45 mile drive to get down there and I'd like to sleep in until at least 7:30AM. :wub:

Edited by TrailGators

:ph34r: There are also reports of poison oak at "Jamul Creek View."

I sure didn't see any when I was climbing around on that rock pile . . . :wub:

To me no cache is worth getting poison oak for. Hopefully it's OK! :wub:

Anyhow, if Radio Racers (new cacher in my neighborhood) comes with me again this weekend, I will have to bail after the first batch of caches. He won't want to continue because he's a 3-4 hour cacher. :D

His name isn't Frank is it? :)

:smile:

9am is good for us. I will show up with Historia and Infinitee. I hope it stays cool like today..

TA

Anyhow, if Radio Racers (new cacher in my neighborhood) comes with me again this weekend, I will have to bail after the first batch of caches. He won't want to continue because he's a 3-4 hour cacher. :D

His name isn't Frank is it? :)

:smile:

9am is good for us. I will show up with Historia and Infinitee. I hope it stays cool like today..

TA

OK see you at 9AM. It is supposed to be 76 and sunny on Saturday in Jamul! :D

TA

OK see you at 9AM. It is supposed to be 76 and sunny on Saturday in Jamul! :smile:
Hmm, that looks kid-bike-rideable via Google Earth - can anyone who's been there let me know if that's the case?

TA

OK see you at 9AM. It is supposed to be 76 and sunny on Saturday in Jamul! :)
Hmm, that looks kid-bike-rideable via Google Earth - can anyone who's been there let me know if that's the case?

It is bike-rideable for the downhill portions . . . :smile:

Seriously, "lostguy" and Jahoadi and John have ridden their mountain bikes up and down the trails.

Edit to add the appropriate quote . . .

Edited by Miragee

TA

OK see you at 9AM. It is supposed to be 76 and sunny on Saturday in Jamul! :unsure:

It is bike-rideable for the downhill portions . . . :anicute:

Seriously, "lostguy" and Jahoadi and John have ridden their mountain bikes up and down the trails.

:o Yes..much of it is rideable..but lots is pushable only. I couldn't make it up all those hills. The downhill makes it all worthwhile though so it's your call. I think Chuy also does it on a bike. If you ever do Sloane Canyon caches they are a blast on a bike too...the WHOLE way..park at the start of Sloane Canyon Road and ride the whole way. ( 12 mile round trip)The last few miles going out is hilly and windy but coming down it is FUN!!! r/ jodi

TA

OK see you at 9AM. It is supposed to be 76 and sunny on Saturday in Jamul! :unsure:

It is bike-rideable for the downhill portions . . . :anicute:

:o Yes..much of it is rideable..but lots is pushable only. I couldn't make it up all those hills. The downhill makes it all worthwhile though so it's your call. I think Chuy also does it on a bike. If you ever do Sloane Canyon caches they are a blast on a bike too...the WHOLE way..park at the start of Sloane Canyon Road and ride the whole way. ( 12 mile round trip)The last few miles going out is hilly and windy but coming down it is FUN!!! r/ jodi
Looks like the kids can't make it anyway, but I'm going to see if I can - maybe I'll bring a couple of bikes just to check it out. Thanks for the info!

Here is another route/map that is just South-East of Shepherds Canyon in the MTRP. I think that Finkbr and I are going to tackle part of it, if not the whole planned route next Thursday night after work, May 25th. We were planning to meet up around 4:30-5pm.

MTRP, with the exception of our recent visits, is all new to us. :o The planned route is just over 6 miles with about 20 caches. 18 of the traditional. It looks realistic, but if those who have done that area think it is a lot, let me know and we can trim it down. :unsure:

Here is a link to that image: MAP

I thought that a good starting point may be, Who’s that walking on my bridge? We could work our way down, loop around the right, at the mountains base, then to the middle and work our way back.

After that, there are also some nearby road side caches.. ..if we are not beat :anicute:

TA

Edited by Team Adelos

Anyone else interested?

I am still willing to try and make it. I may need a wakeup call though. :D I just got a new pair of shoes and just need to find a new backpack before then.

What are the plans for the day? I have an ammo can that we can use to replace Sea to Sea #1 if it is missing. I just need to come up with some better swag for it. I could use some lower cost suggestions.

Here is another route/map that is just South-East of Shepherds Canyon in the MTRP. I think that Finkbr and I are going to tackle part of it, if not the whole planned route next Thursday night after work, May 25th. We were planning to meet up around 4:30-5pm.

MTRP, with the exception of our recent visits, is all new to us. :D The planned route is just over 6 miles with about 20 caches. 18 of the traditional. It looks realistic, but if those who have done that area think it is a lot, let me know and we can trim it down. :D

Here is a link to that image: MAP

I thought that a good starting point may be, Who’s that walking on my bridge? We could work our way down, loop around the right, at the mountains base, then to the middle and work our way back.

After that, there are also some nearby road side caches.. ..if we are not beat :D

TA

I'll see if I can make it. I may know of another cache that can be done in that loop. :D

I will be there this Saturday also but have to leave right around 2pm. Does anyone want to meet early for some of the park and grabs in the area? I have to go to prom with Rogue in the evening. :D I am guessing this is to make up for making her hike MTRP last weekend.......

I will be there this Saturday also but have to leave right around 2pm. Does anyone want to meet early for some of the park and grabs in the area?
I probably would - I haven't had a chance to scope them out yet, but as I haven't found any down there yet, that shouldn't be a problem! :D I'd probably have to leave around that time as well.
I will be there this Saturday also but have to leave right around 2pm. Does anyone want to meet early for some of the park and grabs in the area?
I probably would - I haven't had a chance to scope them out yet, but as I haven't found any down there yet, that shouldn't be a problem! :D I'd probably have to leave around that time as well.

It looks like Radio Racers is coming with me, so we'll be leaving around 2 too. I am looking forward to this hike. It sounds like Sloan Canyon is another good one we should consider doing one of these weekends.

Edited by TrailGators

It looks like Radio Racers is coming with me, so we'll be leaving around 2 too. I am looking forward to this hike on Saturday! :D Sounds like Sloan Canyon is another good one we should consider doing one of these weekends.

Sloan Canyon has a pretty wide dirt road that runs through it and while it is fun on a bike, most of it can be driven by car. I think only the last 3 caches that you would have to hike. If you did the entire thing hiking I personally don't think that the area is that scenic or unique. Just my opinion. I did enjoy the bike ride to these caches though.

:D I just got a new pair of shoes and just need to find a new backpack before then.

Take a look at this one! I bought it at REI. The price was good compared to similar packs and I love it. It has a light weight frame that supports the pack on a mesh that keeps your back dry. I bought the larger size (figured it doesn't have to be full), it has a place for a hydration sleeve and access to the main compartment from top or bottom.

Jeff

It looks like Radio Racers is coming with me, so we'll be leaving around 2 too. I am looking forward to this hike on Saturday! :D Sounds like Sloan Canyon is another good one we should consider doing one of these weekends.

Sloan Canyon has a pretty wide dirt road that runs through it and while it is fun on a bike, most of it can be driven by car. I think only the last 3 caches that you would have to hike. If you did the entire thing hiking I personally don't think that the area is that scenic or unique. Just my opinion. I did enjoy the bike ride to these caches though.

Thanks, I am definitely looking for scenic. Maybe some place in the Lagunas would be better....

Anyone else interested?

I am still willing to try and make it. I may need a wakeup call though. :D I just got a new pair of shoes and just need to find a new backpack before then.

What are the plans for the day? I have an ammo can that we can use to replace Sea to Sea #1 if it is missing. I just need to come up with some better swag for it. I could use some lower cost suggestions.

Plans for the day? To hike and go home to soak my feet in warm water!

Jahoadi and John provided TOPO! tracks of a possible one-way trip that ends near El Monte Park. I hiked .2 miles north and found bunny trails cutting through high grass that head north toward the base of El Cajon Mtn. It appears promising but I'm planning of hiking closer to the base of the mtn this weekend or early next week.

ElCapTrl.JPG

Edited by Chuy!

Anyone else interested?

I am still willing to try and make it. I may need a wakeup call though. ;) I just got a new pair of shoes and just need to find a new backpack before then.

Jahoadi and John provided TOPO! tracks of a possible one-way trip that ends near El Monte Park. I hiked .2 miles north and found bunny trails cutting through high grass that head north toward the base of El Cajon Mtn. It appears promising but I'm planning of hiking closer to the base of the mtn this weekend or early next week.

Nice map! Does that topo software let you see the a plot of the distance vs. verticals of that route? That would be a good chart to see! ;)

Edited by TrailGators

Anyone else interested?

I am still willing to try and make it. I may need a wakeup call though. ;) I just got a new pair of shoes and just need to find a new backpack before then.

ElCapTrl.JPG

I have hiked this trail and done the Sea to Sea cache Top of the world! Why would you want to mke it a one way trip! Ruscal and I were talking about hiking this one again to check on the caches! Are you guys a go for sure and is the area open again???? I may be interested It was a very good and long Hike

Keep me posted on dates and times but if you do this hike I would recommend starting the trail around 5 or 6 am at the latest. Last Time I carried 1 1/2 gallons of water and still was out before finishing the trek.

Thanks Slabyfam Dad Tim

I'd love to make that trip, log the caches and bag the peak but Flagman's experience is a bit frightening! I'd like to hear from a couple of those who have made the trip to get a realistic evaluation of what the day would be like.

If done one way it looks like the total miles would be shorter but there is no caching provisions (read that WATER) for the trip down.

How about it? Flagman? TRViolin? Slabyfam? What do you think?

Jeff

I have hiked this trail and done the Sea to Sea cache Top of the world! Why would you want to mke it a one way trip! Ruscal and I were talking about hiking this one again to check on the caches! Are you guys a go for sure and is the area open again???? I may be interested It was a very good and long Hike Keep me posted on dates and times but if you do this hike I would recommend starting the trail around 5 or 6 am at the latest. Last Time I carried 1 1/2 gallons of water and still was out before finishing the trek. Thanks Slabyfam Dad Tim

Hi Tim, what was the temperature like when you did it?

I'd love to make that trip, log the caches and bag the peak but Flagman's experience is a bit frightening! I'd like to hear from a couple of those who have made the trip to get a realistic evaluation of what the day would be like.

If done one way it looks like the total miles would be shorter but there is no caching provisions (read that WATER) for the trip down.

How about it? Flagman? TRViolin? Slabyfam? What do you think?

Jeff

Blonds have done this hike...believe it or not. It was the hardest hike we have ever done but the most rewarding(after you done looking at the peak,that is). It was true blood sweat and tears. We were unprepared for how difficult it was but we were determined to make it.....and we did. We were lucky it did not turn out like Flagmans journey. We did not bring enough food or water.

We started the hike at 8am and did not get back till 5pm. :laughing: Thought we were going to die. Would we do it again.......maybe.....maybe not. :rolleyes:

Lori and I are planning on making it out tomorrow morning for Jamul. Looking forward to our first caching in a couple of months.

ps.....if you go becareful of the dogs at the house at the base of the trail head....they bite. There were also bee hives with lots of swarming bees.

Edited by blonds run amuck
I probably would - I haven't had a chance to scope them out yet, but as I haven't found any down there yet, that shouldn't be a problem! :laughing: I'd probably have to leave around that time as well.
If anyone still wants to do this, where and when would we meet?

Nice map! Does that topo software let you see the a plot of the distance vs. verticals of that route? That would be a good chart to see! :laughing:

Ask, and you shall receive. From the west to the east. Note the 2962 elevation gain and 3948 descent. We should also try it from east to west!

Fyi, the ElCap1 & 2 and just trail markers for when I download coords, as is 001.

NOTE: add 2.5 miles for the roundtrip to GCDA06, the red track line on the map. That cache does not show up on this chart. I'll add it tonight.

8439983c-dec7-4dc3-af3e-b7b2eeec5dd5.jpg

Edited by Chuy!

Nice map! Does that topo software let you see the a plot of the distance vs. verticals of that route? That would be a good chart to see! :laughing:

Ask, and you shall receive. From the west to the east. Note the 2962 elevation gain and 3948 descent. We should also try it from east to west!

Fyi, the ElCap1 & 2 and just trail markers for when I download coords, as is 001.

NOTE: add 2.5 miles for the roundtrip to GCDA06, the red track line on the map. That cache does not show up on this chart. I'll add it tonight.

Thanks Chuy! It looks a little harder than doing Woodson from Blue Sky, which is about 5 miles and 2500 feet (one way). The main difference looks like that 500' hump we have to go up and down at the 3.5 mile mark. By the way, which way did Flagman and everyone else go?

Edited by TrailGators
I probably would - I haven't had a chance to scope them out yet, but as I haven't found any down there yet, that shouldn't be a problem! :laughing: I'd probably have to leave around that time as well.

I am still planning on it. I was going for somewhere between 7-8. I only have a few left to do with one of them being about a .2 hike. I won't be able to look into exactly which caches till around 10 tonight but I believe the first one I need would be the TB Hotel.

I am still planning on it. I was going for somewhere between 7-8. I only have a few left to do with one of them being about a .2 hike. I won't be able to look into exactly which caches till around 10 tonight but I believe the first one I need would be the TB Hotel.

Let me know later - I have a couple of mtn bikes in the back of the truck that could make some of those caches practically park and grabs.

Nice map! Does that topo software let you see the a plot of the distance vs. verticals of that route? That would be a good chart to see! :rolleyes:

Thanks Chuy! It looks a little harder than doing Woodson from Blue Sky, which is about 5 miles and 2500 feet (one way). The main difference looks like that 500' hump we have to go up and down at the 3.5 mile mark. By the way, which way did Flagman and everyone else go?

:laughing: I've done the round trip hike in June and in August. The August trip was wicked, but it was training for the Grand Canyon..if we survived they were gonna let us go with them rim to rim. We survived....but the deceiving thing is that you are constantly gaining and losing elevation so it's up and down in both directions. The one-way trip would require some logistics and travel prior to as we'd have to stage cars at boths ends. We're game either way. The park hours are officially 8am I think so if we go earlier we can't park at the trailhead!! :o Does anyone have a preference which day of the 3 day weekend we go?? I think Chuy is tied up Sunday.