San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

We must be setting some records here (maybe thanks to the MTRP wars). I've had to add a 7th PQ to get all the caches in San Diego within a 70 mile radius of the mexican border.....

1/1/2000 - 8/24/2003, 500 caches placed in 1331 days

8/25/2003 - 8/31/2004, 500 caches placed in 372 days

9/1/2004 - 4/28/2005, 500 caches placed in 239 days

4/29/2005 - 9/17/2005, 500 caches placed in 141 days

9/17/2005 - 1/24/2006, 500 caches placed in 129 days

1/25/2006 - 4/18/2006, 500 caches placed in 83 days

4/19/2006 - now, 12 caches placed

500 new caches every 3 months? Can the SDCET keep up?!? :)

500 caches in Montana!

Talk about miles/cost per cache!

e6769260-d28b-428a-8023-180c6a093cdd.jpg

:):lol: Ok, new subject I'm adding to all our usual forums!! Don't forget the CITO event ( GCTXYA)this Saturday and the desert campout event (GCVCGH) this weekend.. The CITO event is kind of a re-do of one we had earlier, but that was when it was raining, no snowing and we had to "suspend" it. Jahoadi and I are heading out east very early in the morning Saturday. ^_^:)

:):lol: Ok, new subject I'm adding to all our usual forums!! Don't forget the CITO event ( GCTXYA)this Saturday and the desert campout event (GCVCGH) this weekend.. The CITO event is kind of a re-do of one we had earlier, but that was when it was raining, no snowing and we had to "suspend" it. Jahoadi and I are heading out east very early in the morning Saturday. :):)

Have fun out there and keep safe! Pick some trash for us!! ^_^

:lol::) Ok, new subject I'm adding to all our usual forums!! Don't forget the CITO event ( GCTXYA)this Saturday and the desert campout event (GCVCGH) this weekend.. The CITO event is kind of a re-do of one we had earlier, but that was when it was raining, no snowing and we had to "suspend" it. Jahoadi and I are heading out east very early in the morning Saturday. :)^_^

Have fun out there and keep safe! Pick some trash for us!! :)

We're bringing out more stickers for the event...including some bonus ones that are pretty cool.....whatever is leftover, I'll be placing in strategic caches......Well.....what I deem as strategic. :)

I thought you would be interested to see the map and elevation display of our more-than-nine-mile hike into the MTRP war zone yesterday. :)

920e0968-2694-439a-8d4d-bcb699403c8f.jpg

It shows most of the caches we found, or placed, except for the "Prisoner of War" we captured. :wub:

a1b08b0a-f6fd-47f1-9fa0-72641c31c495.jpg

It was a great day for the SDCET. :laughing:

So which direction did you hike? And where did you start at?

Living near Camp Pendleton, I've here the sounds of battle but this MTRP war is getting intense. Should I be choosing a side? Anyway, didn't see a response to the above questions and was thinking about going out this Sunday verses the Event weekend (Mother's Day). Don't want Mom to disown me. What's a good starting point?

Anyone interested in going out Sunday?

What is SDCET?

Edited by Boomer and his Cache Bandits
We were thinking of going down Saturday afternoon (TFTC kids and friend) but not sure how kid-friendly a MTRP cache run would be. :) But there sure are a lot down there so we could probably pick off some of the low-hanging fruit! :wub:

So which direction did you hike? And where did you start at?

Living near Camp Pendleton, I've here the sounds of battle but this MTRP war is getting intense. Should I be choosing a side? Anyway, didn't see a response to the above questions and was thinking about going out this Sunday verses the Event weekend (Mother's Day). Don't want Mom to disown me. What's a good starting point?

What is SDCET?

We started from the parking lot on the corner of Bushy Hill Dr and Father Junipero Serra Trl. We went on the south side west and then came back east on the north side. If you do end up doing this path, I can warn you that you will be walking past the end of a multi cache (can only make a guess as to which one it is).

I might be available Sunday but I can't say for sure right now.

we have about 350 caches to find out there now....is anyone going to grab these two lunatics and take them in straitjackets to the asylum????

Say what?

7ad2eacd-9e00-4670-b163-f2e2a234efab.jpg

It ain't over 'til th' fat guy sings.

Harmon you know what that thing looks like......? :lol:

Dang! didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing it out so's nobody misses that thought.

Go ahead and say it .... d' head. Why I oughta ....

Edited by SD Rowdies
we have about 350 caches to find out there now....is anyone going to grab these two lunatics and take them in straitjackets to the asylum????

Say what?

Dang! didn't think of that. Thanks for pointing it out so's nobody misses that thought.

I almost missed it. Of course.. I see it now! :lol:

Say what?

Yooz a callin' me the d'head? :lol:

Do I dare comment about the above picture? :):):lol: Back to Event topics...

Looks like we plan on taking the same route around MTRP as Miragee did a couple weeks back. We'll be meeting at the parking area on the corner of Bushy Hill Dr & Father Junipero Serra Trail and heading out on the trail at 7:30am Sunday morning. Hopefully the traffic from North County won't be a problem. Look for the white Toyota P/U.

Hope some of you can make it. :lol:

Say what?

Say, what about all of them caches in MTRP? Who 'd thought?

Say what?

Say, what about all of them caches in MTRP? Who 'd thought?

It's like having our own little Palm Springs! :)

Do I dare comment about the above picture? :):):lol: Back to Event topics...

Looks like we plan on taking the same route around MTRP as Miragee did a couple weeks back. We'll be meeting at the parking area on the corner of Bushy Hill Dr & Father Junipero Serra Trail and heading out on the trail at 7:30am Sunday morning. Hopefully the traffic from North County won't be a problem. Look for the white Toyota P/U.

Hope some of you can make it. :lol:

Bump

Do I dare comment about the above picture? :lol::lol::) Back to Event topics...

Hope some of you can make it. :)

Bump

Sounds like fun Boomer but I'm gonna pass this time. I'm thinking of heading down to find some more puzzles I've solved. Also I'd be waking up about the time that you start hiking.... ;) Anyhow have fun!

Bump

Sounds like fun Boomer but I'm gonna pass this time. I'm thinking of heading down to find some more puzzles I've solved. Also I'd be waking up about the time that you start hiking.... ;) Anyhow have fun!

Reeeaaally???? Which ones TG?

Bump

Reeeaaally???? Which ones TG?

It's not definite yet but probably several down in Puzzle Valley....

It's not definite yet but probably several down in Puzzle Valley....

i have several solved down in puzzle valley and the surrounding area

The ones I was thinking about doing are: Twoo Wuv#2, Road Rage, America Loves Birds, QD-Obliteration, Puzzle Valley In Review, Seeing is Believing, America Loves Birds, Heaven's Above, QJMD-J8N7, Did You Feel That, Spider's Web and Wanna Read My Journal. Maybe we could meet somewhere around there at around 9AMish?

Anything happening this weekend? Any interesting treks being planned?

;) My sister-in-laws birthday is this weekend, but if I can get away from that you know what I'll be doing. ;)

A little side note: Hey Miragee, I finally started using Firefox and I love it.

I like Firefox but I think I like Explorer 7 better...

;) My sister-in-laws birthday is this weekend, but if I can get away from that you know what I'll be doing. ;)

It's supposed to be cool this weekend. So a nice hike would make sense. We don't have too many cool weekends left. So how about Hollenbeck Canyon and the Couch series? Another idea would be the Elle Lane Loop near Iron Mountain.....Any other ideas?

;) My sister-in-laws birthday is this weekend, but if I can get away from that you know what I'll be doing. :P

It's supposed to be cool this weekend. So a nice hike would make sense. We don't have too many cool weekends left. So how about Hollenbeck Canyon and the Couch series? Another idea would be the Elle Lane Loop near Iron Mountain.....Any other ideas?

that would be this area (I believe)

Off Honey Springs Road

Here is a Google Earth picture it the area: Map

There is parking on a dirt area off Honey Springs at 32.670630 -116.823127

;) Those new maps are sweet! We are thinking about hitting those, but I currently have a cold, so I am just building puzzle for future use. :P

Paul

Edited by Team Adelos

Off Honey Springs Road

:P Those new maps are sweet! We are thinking about hitting those, but I currently have a cold, so I am just building puzzle for future use. :P

Paul

Below is a screenshot of your map. It looks like it's better to take two vehicles.

I'm not sure I want to find Dangling Balls... :P

1666c4fd-8466-405e-8f79-217d5f1f5e5c.jpg

I like Firefox but I think I like Explorer 7 better...

I was using 7 for a couple weeks but it still has some issues like not displaying the geocaching maps properly. I'm going to wait until the next beta release or the final before checking it out again.

I was amazed how much IE 7 looks like Firefox.

Edited by Toby's Gang

Off Honey Springs Road

:P Those new maps are sweet! We are thinking about hitting those, but I currently have a cold, so I am just building puzzle for future use. :P

Paul

Below is a screenshot of your map. It looks like it's better to take two vehicles.

I'm not sure I want to find Dangling Balls... :P

1666c4fd-8466-405e-8f79-217d5f1f5e5c.jpg

Or a mountain bike. It's a great place to ride.

If anyone makes it to #15, No Boundaries, can you replace the log for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Re #18, View of SR94, I highly recommend an approach from the SE. Heading up to the SE is very steep and the terrain is very loose. I was able to go down it in my 2WD beater Hardbody, but it was a slippery and harrowing descent.

If anyone makes it to #15, No Boundaries, can you replace the log for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Re #18, View of SR94, I highly recommend an approach from the SE. Heading up to the SE is very steep and the terrain is very loose. I was able to go down it in my 2WD beater Hardbody, but it was a slippery and harrowing descent.

Sure! (Whenever we make it down that way)

We will be "camping" at Santee Lakes this weekend as well as next. If anyone wants to go to a few MTRP caches via MTN Bike early Sat or Sun morning, let me know!

There are 130 caches within a 3 mile radius of "Brothers" for me to do. (not counting puzzles, of course)!

Edited by kawikaturn

. . . A little side note: Hey Miragee, I finally started using Firefox and I love it.

Actually, I've been an Opera user for more than four years. It is much more sophisticated than Firefox and has many more useful features, like "Notes" and "Mouse Gestures" without having to download "Extensions."

However, I had to open Firefox yesterday to get some functions I needed in Blogger. Blogger doesn't communicate perfectly with Opera . . . :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Even though I've found all the caches in the Hollenbeck area. I'd like to join you guys this weekend. It is close enough, I can almost afford to drive to that trailhead . . .

I don't want anyone waiting on us.. Although it looks like a great weekend to go out, I am just getting over a cold - so I may take it easy. then again..

No problem Paul! I have been fighting off the onset of a cold myself.....so far have been lucky! :)

I am also still debating about going after some puzzles I've solved up in North County but never actually found. I am down to 7 or so in Puzzle Valley! Oops I should have said that! :)

Anyhow I am flexible and can always do some other junk around the house this weekend if nothing pans out here...

Edited by TrailGators
I don't want anyone waiting on us.. Although it looks like a great weekend to go out, I am just getting over a cold - so I may take it easy. then again..

No problem Paul! I have been fighting off the onset of a cold myself.....so far have been lucky! :D

I am also still debating about going after some puzzles I've solved up in North County but never actually found. I am down to 7 or so in Puzzle Valley! Oops I should have said that! :)

Anyhow I am flexible and can always do some other junk around the house this weekend if nothing pans out here...

Sounds good. Maybe we can plan the Hollenbeck Canyon in a couple weeks. I should be at the BBQ next week and we will hike some of it after it. It will be in a group and cool in the night. :ph34r: Google has a calender sharing feature. Has anyone thought about maybe using something like that to plan group hikes? I would be happy to set one up and share it.. Does that sound like to much planning?

I figure if someone is going to do a hike anyway and want company, they could post it in that manner. :P Maybe overboard for planning.....

....What do you think?

Paul

No problem Paul! I have been fighting off the onset of a cold myself.....so far have been lucky! :tired:

I am also still debating about going after some puzzles I've solved up in North County but never actually found. I am down to 7 or so in Puzzle Valley! Oops I should have said that! :P

Sounds good. Maybe we can plan the Hollenbeck Canyon in a couple weeks. I should be at the BBQ next week and we will hike some of it after it. It will be in a group and cool in the night. :D Google has a calender sharing feature. Has anyone thought about maybe using something like that to plan group hikes? I would be happy to set one up and share it.. Does that sound like to much planning?

I figure if someone is going to do a hike anyway and want company, they could post it in that manner. :tired: Maybe overboard for planning.....

....What do you think?

Paul

The Google calendar is a cool idea! Thanks for sending it to me! :tired: I loaded it and will mess with it, but I think we still need to post things here. There are many of us that are not techies. In fact some of us still print out cache pages! :) HP loves those kind of people! :tired:

We can holdoff on Hollenbeck until you can go in two weeks Paul. I added it to my Google Calendar! :ph34r:

Edited by TrailGators

No problem Paul! I have been fighting off the onset of a cold myself.....so far have been lucky! :)

I am also still debating about going after some puzzles I've solved up in North County but never actually found. I am down to 7 or so in Puzzle Valley! Oops I should have said that! :D

Sounds good. Maybe we can plan the Hollenbeck Canyon in a couple weeks. I should be at the BBQ next week and we will hike some of it after it. It will be in a group and cool in the night. :tired: Google has a calender sharing feature. Has anyone thought about maybe using something like that to plan group hikes? I would be happy to set one up and share it.. Does that sound like to much planning?

I figure if someone is going to do a hike anyway and want company, they could post it in that manner. :P Maybe overboard for planning.....

....What do you think?

Paul

The Google calendar is a cool idea! Thanks for sending it to me! :tired: I loaded it and will mess with it, but I think we still need to post things here. There are many of us that are not techies. In fact some of us still print out cache pages! :tired: HP loves those kind of people! :ph34r:

We can holdoff on Hollenbeck until you can go in two weeks Paul. I added it to my Google Calendar! :tired:

Waiting on Hollenbeck sounds ok to me, I have that party thing to do in the afternoon. I just couldn't get out of it.

Some puzzles in north county sounds good to me Pat if you still want to do that. Which ones are you looking at?

I really like the idea of the shared calendar. Can I get in on that too?

. . . A little side note: Hey Miragee, I finally started using Firefox and I love it.

Actually, I've been an Opera user for more than four years. It is much more sophisticated than Firefox and has many more useful features, like "Notes" and "Mouse Gestures" without having to download "Extensions."

However, I had to open Firefox yesterday to get some functions I needed in Blogger. Blogger doesn't communicate perfectly with Opera . . . :P

Even though I've found all the caches in the Hollenbeck area. I'd like to join you guys this weekend. It is close enough, I can almost afford to drive to that trailhead . . .

Sorry Miragee, that must have been someone else.

I have never really liked opera myself. I can never understand what they are saying. :ph34r::):D

I am also still debating about going after some puzzles I've solved up in North County but never actually found. I am down to 7 or so in Puzzle Valley! Oops I should have said that! :D

Sounds good. Maybe we can plan the Hollenbeck Canyon in a couple weeks. I should be at the BBQ next week and we will hike some of it after it. It will be in a group and cool in the night. :tired: Google has a calender sharing feature. Has anyone thought about maybe using something like that to plan group hikes? I would be happy to set one up and share it.. Does that sound like to much planning?

....What do you think?

Paul

The Google calendar is a cool idea! Thanks for sending it to me! :tired: I loaded it and will mess with it, but I think we still need to post things here. There are many of us that are not techies. In fact some of us still print out cache pages! :tired: HP loves those kind of people! :ph34r:

We can holdoff on Hollenbeck until you can go in two weeks Paul. I added it to my Google Calendar! :tired:

Waiting on Hollenbeck sounds ok to me, I have that party thing to do in the afternoon. I just couldn't get out of it.

Some puzzles in north county sounds good to me Pat if you still want to do that. Which ones are you looking at?

Hi Jerry, there are several but the ones around Lake Poway like Myst, Pyst and Woodson Trails Photo cache have been on my radar for a long time. There are some other regular caches in the area too. It would make sense to meet at Blue Sky and then drive into Lake Poway so we only have to pay entry for one vehicle. Here is a map of the area:

5ab12e54-2f17-41c9-adbc-24a98e99fe55.jpg

You can get in on the calender by downloading it. Just enter Google calender into Google! Then you can find us by using our gmails!

Edited by TrailGators

However, I had to open Firefox yesterday to get some functions I needed in Blogger. Blogger doesn't communicate perfectly with Opera . . . :ph34r:

It looks like we are going to shoot for May 20th for Hollenbeck Canyon. :) Let us know if you can still go. Hopefully it will stay cool during that hike out too.. :P

Paul

...It would make sense to meet at Blue Sky and then drive into Lake Poway so we only have to pay entry for one vehicle...

They charge? I guess they only charge on weekends. Both times I have gone caching here, I have not paid. There was no one at the kiosk and both times, I parked right next to the ranger station. And both times were on weekday mornings.

Edited by Chuy!

No problem Paul! I have been fighting off the onset of a cold myself.....so far have been lucky! :tired:

I am also still debating about going after some puzzles I've solved up in North County but never actually found. I am down to 7 or so in Puzzle Valley! Oops I should have said that! :P

I figure if someone is going to do a hike anyway and want company, they could post it in that manner. :) Maybe overboard for planning.....

....What do you think?

Paul

The Google calendar is a cool idea! Thanks for sending it to me! :D I loaded it and will mess with it, but I think we still need to post things here. There are many of us that are not techies. In fact some of us still print out cache pages! :tired: HP loves those kind of people! :ph34r:

Hi Jerry, there are several but the ones around Lake Poway like Myst, Pyst and Woodson Trails Photo cache have been on my radar for a long time. There are some other regular caches in the area too. It would make sense to meet at Blue Sky and then drive into Lake Poway so we only have to pay entry for one vehicle. Here is a map of the area:

5ab12e54-2f17-41c9-adbc-24a98e99fe55.jpg

You can get in on the calender by downloading it. Just enter Google calender into Google! Then you can find us by using our gmails!

What time you want to meet? Can you say Pyst in the forums?