San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

B) Yup..Doc gave him antihistamine, salve, eye drops and motrin for the bruised tail bone he got bushwhacking at Duganrm's new micro near the rattlesnake. dang..can I take him anywhere? r/ jodi

The micro isn't mine! That one belongs to The Dillon Gang. :lol:

Sorry to hear about all the pain John is in. It sounds like you might want to keep him on urban micros for awhile.

The good news is that he got it in the third worst place you can get it. It could have been much worse! Trust me...I know! :D Get better John! B)

:lol: Yup..Doc gave him antihistamine, salve, eye drops and motrin for the bruised tail bone he got bushwhacking at Duganrm's new micro near the rattlesnake. dang..can I take him anywhere? r/ jodi

The micro isn't mine! That one belongs to The Dillon Gang. B)

Sorry to hear about all the pain John is in. It sounds like you might want to keep him on urban micros for awhile.

Or the nursing home!

B) Yup..Doc gave him antihistamine, salve, eye drops and motrin for the bruised tail bone he got bushwhacking at Duganrm's new micro near the rattlesnake. dang..can I take him anywhere? r/ jodi

The micro isn't mine! That one belongs to The Dillon Gang. :D

Or the nursing home!

:DB)B)B):D:lol:B)

:lol: Yup..Doc gave him antihistamine, salve, eye drops and motrin for the bruised tail bone he got bushwhacking at Duganrm's new micro near the rattlesnake. dang..can I take him anywhere? r/ jodi

After spotting a rattlesnake this afternoon . . . in fact, after nearly stepping on a rattlesnake . . . I'm rethinking my dislike for urban micros myself . . .

Would you be cautious about snakes in an area that looks like this?

96617b94-b22e-48a8-888d-7feaba2fd2cd.jpg

That is near my "Evidence from a Bygone Era" cache. I wanted to take some pictures of the things I write about in the "story" and sure wasn't thinking about rattlesnakes in all that green grass.

Everybody be careful out there . . .

:ph34r: Yup..Doc gave him antihistamine, salve, eye drops and motrin for the bruised tail bone he got bushwhacking at Duganrm's new micro near the rattlesnake. dang..can I take him anywhere? r/ jodi

The micro isn't mine! That one belongs to The Dillon Gang. :ph34r:

Or the nursing home!

perhaps he should follow some sage advice: stay on the trail!!!! That musta been some bushwack!

B)B)B) Ok, all you funny people were on the forums when I was out nabbing a few caches!!! Poison oak and a sore rump won't stop me!!! :ph34r::ph34r::lol:

:huh: Yup..Doc gave him antihistamine, salve, eye drops and motrin for the bruised tail bone he got bushwhacking at Duganrm's new micro near the rattlesnake. dang..can I take him anywhere? r/ jodi

Or the nursing home!

perhaps he should follow some sage advice: stay on the trail!!!! That musta been some bushwack!

With all the MTRP caches popin up, anyone hitting that area?

<_<<_< Yup...we're gonna risk it Saturday. I got caught in the cross-fire of some marines with painttballs..I'm not worried about being behind Cegrube's afterburner if he's on his way to an FTF..it can't hurt any worse. You'll never be finished in MTRP so you've gotta start sometime. Maybe we can lighten our packs along the way!!!

<_<<_< Yup...we're gonna risk it Saturday. I got caught in the cross-fire of some marines with painttballs..I'm not worried about being behind Cegrube's afterburner if he's on his way to an FTF..it can't hurt any worse. You'll never be finished in MTRP so you've gotta start sometime. Maybe we can lighten our packs along the way!!!

Are you looking for backup? It may not be safe to go out there alone. I say we call in the special forces and clear out the insurgents.

Are you looking for backup? It may not be safe to go out there alone. I say we call in the special forces and clear out the insurgents.

I am not sure if we can make it.. I was remeinded that we have guest coming over for Easter. That means there are some things to do around the house. I think I may be able to balance it, but I am trying to get a plan. :ph34r: ...and solve a puzzle

Backup is welcome. Squad meetup is at 9am at the dirt parking lot on the corner of Father Junipero Serra Trl and Bushy Hill Dr. There is no cache in that immediate area yet.... Still don't know which area we will assault from there.

Backup is welcome. Squad meetup is at 9am at the dirt parking lot on the corner of Father Junipero Serra Trl and Bushy Hill Dr. There is no cache in that immediate area yet.... Still don't know which area we will assault from there.

Southwest Forum, Santee, California - Roland Hedley here reporting on the 2006 MTRP Cache War. The engagement has entered a second phase with additional units coming in late this week to bolster the right-thinking Allied Forces. General Cegrubue Marx has reached a point of desperation as evidenced by his resort to weapons banned by the Geneva Convention such as multi-caches and puzzles. [A careful observer will note that the puzzle-cache question-mark graphic resembles a mushroom cloud.] Furthermore the faltering general has taken to the highlands as a last resort and is holing up along the MTRP ridgeline like a rasty ol' mountain goat.

More at eleven.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I thought you would be interested to see the map and elevation display of our more-than-nine-mile hike into the MTRP war zone yesterday. :anitongue:

920e0968-2694-439a-8d4d-bcb699403c8f.jpg

It shows most of the caches we found, or placed, except for the "Prisoner of War" we captured. :grin:

a1b08b0a-f6fd-47f1-9fa0-72641c31c495.jpg

It was a great day for the SDCET. ;)

I thought you would be interested to see the map and elevation display of our more-than-nine-mile hike into the MTRP war zone yesterday. :D

920e0968-2694-439a-8d4d-bcb699403c8f.jpg

It shows most of the caches we found, or placed, except for the "Prisoner of War" we captured. :D

a1b08b0a-f6fd-47f1-9fa0-72641c31c495.jpg

It was a great day for the SDCET. :D

So which direction did you hike? And where did you start at?

I thought you would be interested to see the map and elevation display of our more-than-nine-mile hike into the MTRP war zone yesterday. :D

--snipped images--

It was a great day for the SDCET. :D

Awesome!! I was hoping that route would work ok. :lol: Pretty awesome hike. We didnt have time to go because we had to get ready for Sunday for family. I looks like you had fun.

Paul

I thought you would be interested to see the map and elevation display of our more-than-nine-mile hike into the MTRP war zone yesterday. :)

--snipped images--

It was a great day for the SDCET. :)

Awesome!! I was hoping that route would work ok. :) Pretty awesome hike. We didnt have time to go because we had to get ready for Sunday for family. I looks like you had fun.

Paul

I had plans for Easter weekend too. But I did breakaway for a little caching up in Big Bear! I hit a bunch of new caches that popped up along the north shore since I was there in June. :)

I would like to hit the Fortunas! Say Paul.....I have 5 ammo cans how many do you have! :)

I would like to hit the Fortunas! Say Paul.....I have 5 ammo cans how many do you have! :anicute:

i've got about 25 m&m tubes....MTRP: The new La Quinta Power Cache area :blink:

I have about 3.. I also have 2 or 3 lock'n'locks! :yikes: The route they took was quite a climb, but I think I can do it. hehehe.. I guess I better get some swag to put in them, just in case!

Here is a GPX with the MTRP and surrounding area: :D

MRTP-5ml.gpx

This file does not have puzzle solutions in it, and is about 1.46mb in size.

Ok, thanks, but how about a file WITH the puzzle solutions!?? :D

I was thinking about that.. grab it while you can:

Adelos Puzzles with Solutions

:D

.....it is just a matter of asking.

Edited by Team Adelos

We must be setting some records here (maybe thanks to the MTRP wars). I've had to add a 7th PQ to get all the caches in San Diego within a 70 mile radius of the mexican border (see the green center point below):

32c5a79f-7938-4ef5-818a-70abfde94fe6.jpg

Since I filter each PQ by date placed, I can see some interesting statistics (ignoring archived caches):

1/1/2000 - 8/24/2003, 500 caches placed in 1331 days

8/25/2003 - 8/31/2004, 500 caches placed in 372 days

9/1/2004 - 4/28/2005, 500 caches placed in 239 days

4/29/2005 - 9/17/2005, 500 caches placed in 141 days

9/17/2005 - 1/24/2006, 500 caches placed in 129 days

1/25/2006 - 4/18/2006, 500 caches placed in 83 days

4/19/2006 - now, 12 caches placed

500 new caches every 3 months? Can the SDCET keep up?!? <_<

We must be setting some records here (maybe thanks to the MTRP wars). I've had to add a 7th PQ to get all the caches in San Diego within a 70 mile radius of the mexican border (see the green center point below):

Since I filter each PQ by date placed, I can see some interesting statistics (ignoring archived caches):

Poor Captain Ramos... :huh:

It's worse than that...!!!!

I didn't do the mathematical curve fitting (perhaps that's an exercise for the reader) but just eyeballing the trend (assuming that it will continue to asymptotically approach 500 caches per 0 days...) it looks something like:

Intervals per 500 caches:

60 days

49 days

40 days

33 days (500 caches per month!!!!)

25 days

20 days

18 days....

Yikes!!! :(:huh::(

That is interesting TFTC! There were only 500 caches in the area after I had been caching for over 8 months. Now there are over 3500! Wow! That trend also explains the trend in the number of finds per cacher/month! I am still amazed that some people are now finding a 150-200 caches/month!

Edited by TrailGators

I created a TB a while back to bring along on SDCET outings (it went to Indian Head Peak), but I figured it may as well be called The SDCET TB - so next time we meet on an SDCET adventure, please log it (or even take it with you on more SDCET adventures!)!

Let me know if I accidentally left you out of the top 40 (assuming you belong there!) since the only cachers I recognize are the ones who frequent the forums! :lol: My apologies if you aren't one of the top 40 - there's only room for 40 in the TB description. <_<

I created a TB a while back to bring along on SDCET outings (it went to Indian Head Peak), but I figured it may as well be called The SDCET TB - so next time we meet on an SDCET adventure, please log it (or even take it with you on more SDCET adventures!)!

Let me know if I accidentally left you out of the top 40 (assuming you belong there!) since the only cachers I recognize are the ones who frequent the forums! :lol: My apologies if you aren't one of the top 40 - there's only room for 40 in the TB description. <_<

That was very nice of you TFTC! :lol:

Thank you very much! That was awesome sir, now all I have to do is find a few more caches. There must be some close by...

If you want to see how time flies, check out this nostalgia post. :lol:
And the sad thing is this...I'd be happy to pay that today.

I'm with you there...but it could be (and probably will be :P ) worse...

We paid the equivalent of $4.50/gal in England two years ago. Now, the rate is around $6.60/gal. <_<

By the way, time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. :lol:

We paid the equivalent of $4.50/gal in England two years ago. Now, the rate is around $6.60/gal. <_<

By the way, time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. :P

A woman at work just got back from England and said she paid 99 pence (sorry, don't know the symbol) per liter! :lol:

By the way, time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. :P

A woman at work just got back from England and said she paid 99 pence (sorry, don't know the symbol) per liter! :lol:

There are 100 pence to a pound so that means that gas in England is $1.76/liter or roughly $7/gallon! OUCH!

If you want to see how time flies, check out this nostalgia post. :)

I'm with you there...but it could be (and probably will be :) ) worse...

We paid the equivalent of $4.50/gal in England two years ago. Now, the rate is around $6.60/gal. :laughing:

By the way, time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana. :)

A woman at work just got back from England and said she paid 99 pence (sorry, don't know the symbol) per liter! :)

There are 100 pence to a pound so that means that gas in England is $1.76/liter or roughly $7/gallon! OUCH!

Not having been there recently, I was going by the fuel/currency rates reported on the web (94 pence/ liter for gasoline as of April 18th...diesel was slightly higher.) Regardless...OUCH!

If you want to see how time flies, check out this nostalgia post. B)

We paid the equivalent of $4.50/gal in England two years ago. Now, the rate is around $6.60/gal. B)

A woman at work just got back from England and said she paid 99 pence (sorry, don't know the symbol) per liter! :)

Not having been there recently, I was going by the fuel/currency rates reported on the web (94 pence/ liter for gasoline as of April 18th...diesel was slightly higher.) Regardless...OUCH!

To protest high gas prices, how about we give up geocaching for a week. :):):laughing:

What am I saying!!! Aaaahhhhgggg!!!!

If you want to see how time flies, check out this nostalgia post. B)

We paid the equivalent of $4.50/gal in England two years ago. Now, the rate is around $6.60/gal. :)

A woman at work just got back from England and said she paid 99 pence (sorry, don't know the symbol) per liter! B)

To protest high gas prices, how about we give up geocaching for a week. :):):laughing:

What am I saying!!! Aaaahhhhgggg!!!!

Even if you drive a hundred miles which costs the average gas hog about 25 bucks, geocaching still beats chasing a little white ball around for 75 bucks! :)

Even if you drive a hundred miles which costs the average gas hog about 25 bucks, geocaching still beats chasing a little white ball around for 75 bucks! :lol:

Not only that, but if you play golf, you tend to lose those little white balls. If you geocache, you find them! :D

(If only there was some way to use golf balls to fuel the geomobile...) :D

If you ever figure out that one let me know! I have over a thousand gold balls that have been deposited in my backyard over the past nine years.

Even if you drive a hundred miles which costs the average gas hog about 25 bucks, geocaching still beats chasing a little white ball around for 75 bucks! :blink:

Not only that, but if you play golf, you tend to lose those little white balls. If you geocache, you find them! :blink:

(If only there was some way to use golf balls to fuel the geomobile...) :blink:

If you ever figure out that one let me know! I have over a thousand gold balls that have been deposited in my backyard over the past nine years.

I think I'd hold on to them for awhile golds going higher everyday :wacko::wacko:;):wacko:

Even if you drive a hundred miles which costs the average gas hog about 25 bucks, geocaching still beats chasing a little white ball around for 75 bucks! :blink:

Not only that, but if you play golf, you tend to lose those little white balls. If you geocache, you find them! :blink:

(If only there was some way to use golf balls to fuel the geomobile...) :lol:

I think I'd hold on to them for awhile golds going higher everyday ;):wacko::wacko::wacko:

Ha ha ha! :blink: ....Why'd that put that darn "d" key right next to the "f" key! They are DFs for doing that! :blink: