San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

might be coerced into going and a puzzling adventure. have a few of theose in puzzle valley done

Hopefully the ones that I have not solved! :mad:

Sounds like the balance is swinging towards doing puzzles!punk.gif

Edit: Thanks for the new dude Chuy! Does his head ever stop? :(

Here are the ones down south that I have solved so far: 10 Towers, 1337, And they're Off , Appellation, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Bionicle: Pohatu Nuva, Blackboard Blues, Counting Colors, Counting Numbers, Crossword Double, Dominoes, Eye Chart, Island of Mata Nui, Jumble Rock, Mad About Mad, Me Bones, Pump up the Volume, Rat Race, Road Rage, Take Me Out to the Ballgame and Whitespace.

Edited by TrailGators
I'll go for that -- that's the only way I'll ever get to find and log them, (as long as the cache owners allow it). ;)

"Sign the log, get the smiley" - one of my many mottos.

Another is "Semper Ubi Sub Ubi".

Always where under where!

I took two years of Latin in HS! <_<

This is what I learned in HS...

What are you eating under there?...

Under where?

I'm going to try and meet you guys there in the morning. I have a few of the puzzles solved, but not all.

Anyone that wants to come with us tomorrow to hit a bunch of puzzles meet at us at GCQB76 between 9:15AM and 9:30AM.

;) Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Tics! :( Jerry will walk in front for us! <_<

I'll go for that -- that's the only way I'll ever get to find and log them, (as long as the cache owners allow it). :(

"Sign the log, get the smiley" - one of my many mottos.

Another is "Semper Ubi Sub Ubi".

Always where under where!

I took two years of Latin in HS! <_<

Also pronounced, "Always wear underwear." ;)

Anyone that wants to come with us tomorrow to hit a bunch of puzzles meet at us at GCQB76 between 9:15AM and 9:30AM.

;) Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Tics! :( Jerry will walk in front for us! <_<

Why I oughta ....

:drama: Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Tics! :lol: Jerry will walk in front for us! :D

Why I oughta ....

Just kidding! I meant Richard and Karen will walk in front! :cool:

:drama: Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Why I oughta ....

Just kidding! I meant Richard and Karen will walk in front! :cool:

Why I oughta ....

:D Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Tics! :lol: Jerry will walk in front for us! :drama:

Why I oughta ....

Just kidding! I meant Richard and Karen will walk in front! :lol:

Why I oughta ....

What's the big deal about getting these tiny ugly diseased things crawling all over you that dig into you with their heads and suck your blood out.... :cool: Somebody posted a story about a family that had over 200 tics on each of them after a single hike! :wub:

:cool: Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Why I oughta ....

Just kidding! I meant Richard and Karen will walk in front! :wub:

Why I oughta ....

What's the big deal about getting these tiny ugly diseased things crawling all over you that dig into you with their heads and suck your blood out.... :lol: Somebody posted a story about a family that had over 200 tics on each of them after a single hike! :)

I was looking for a cache out by Sweetwater Lake and had gone up into the brush (the wrong direction it turned out) looking for a cache. When I returned to the road my pants were covered with ticks all crawling up my pants. Fortunately I had rubber bands tighting my pant legs at the ankles, so none of them got inside my pants. I had to flip them off one at a time, but was successful and none got to my body. This is the same area as puzzle valley so be aware of them. :drama:

I just checked Schad's book. It is 12 miles roundtrip from Gunn Stage. There are 3 equally high peaks of whick the northern one is the only one that is doable because of thick brush. So the way to do it is the way that those guys gave and RocketMan plotted!

c6272442-6e3c-4855-b8c3-916d34880e5f.jpg

We are planning to do this hike on Saturday.

We will meet at the parking coords provided on here at 8:30AM.

:( Bummer...we're getting visitors to RSD Puzzle Valley and we're headed to the desert. You all have fun...and check for ticks when you get home...seriously...jahoadi

Tics! :( Jerry will walk in front for us! :rolleyes:

Why I oughta ....

Just kidding! I meant Richard and Karen will walk in front! :D

Why I oughta ....

What's the big deal about getting these tiny ugly diseased things crawling all over you that dig into you with their heads and suck your blood out.... :) Somebody posted a story about a family that had over 200 tics on each of them after a single hike! :(

I was looking for a cache out by Sweetwater Lake and had gone up into the brush (the wrong direction it turned out) looking for a cache. When I returned to the road my pants were covered with ticks all crawling up my pants. Fortunately I had rubber bands tighting my pant legs at the ankles, so none of them got inside my pants. I had to flip them off one at a time, but was successful and none got to my body. This is the same area as puzzle valley so be aware of them. :(

Hey, I've got just the thing for your tick problems.

When I was young my dear old dad used his lighted cigar to convince ticks and chiggers to leave my tender and youthful skin. The procedure involved puffing his cigar up to a bright glow and then holding it very near the rump of a buried tick or chigger until the little beast decided to back out of the burrow.

Problem was that ticks have more tolerance for glowing embers than my skin did so I made a lot of noise and jerked and twitched a lot until my dear old dad was satisfied with his performance. He had a good record at this procedure and so was determined not to break his string of successes that ol' sombitch. He favored the phrase "Aw shut up."

My dad is ninety-two now but still smokes a mean cigar so I'll be glad to arrange a "treatment" for any of you that suffer a tick invasion. I ask only one thing in return, I get to watch.

Your friend,

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
...My dad is ninety-two now but still smokes a mean cigar so I'll be glad to arrange a "treatment" for any of you that suffer a tick invasion. I ask only one thing in return, I get to watch.

Your friend,

Harmon

Okay, but no cameras!

Trailgators, I may join you, but I will continue on to top of the world.

Edited by Chuy
...My dad is ninety-two now but still smokes a mean cigar so I'll be glad to arrange a "treatment" for any of you that suffer a tick invasion. I ask only one thing in return, I get to watch.

Your friend,

Harmon

Okay, but no cameras!

Attaboy Chuy, thanks for setting a good example for others to follow. Would you mind if I tape record the audio portion of the procedure?

Harmon

Edited by SD Rowdies
Hey, I've got just the thing for your tick problems.

When I was young my dear old dad used his lighted cigar to convince ticks and chiggers to leave my tender and youthful skin. The procedure involved puffing his cigar up to a bright glow and then holding it very near the rump of a buried tick or chigger until the little beast decided to back out of the burrow.

Problem was that ticks have more tolerance for glowing embers than my skin did so I made a lot of noise and jerked and twitched a lot until my dear old dad was satisfied with his performance. He had a good record at this procedure and so was determined not to break his string of successes that ol' sombitch. He favored the phrase "Aw shut up."

My dad is ninety-two now but still smokes a mean cigar so I'll be glad to arrange a "treatment" for any of you that suffer a tick invasion. I ask only one thing in return, I get to watch.

Your friend,

Harmon

Harmon, you are very lucky you didn't get bit by an infected tick and get sick from some of the very nasty diseases they carry. :mad:

Tick Removal Guide.

Ineffective or Dangerous Methods of Removing Ticks: What Not to Do

• Do not use sharp forceps.

• Do not crush, puncture, or squeeze the tick's body.

• Do not apply substances such as petroleum jelly, gasoline, lidocaine (Xylocaine), etc., to the tick.

• Do not apply heat with a match or hot nail.

• Do not use a twisting or jerking motion to remove the tick.

• Do not handle the tick with bare hands.

Your friend,

Harmon

Okay, but no cameras!

Attaboy Chuy, thanks for setting a good example for others to follow. Would you mind if I tape record the audio portion of the procedure?

Harmon

All this talk is starting to tic me off! :mad:

Anyhow, I have an interesting anecdote on tics! When I used to flyfish I used to walk through the most tic and bug infested areas you could possibly imagine! Anyhow, my fishing buddy told me that tics were attracted to white colored garments because of the UV. The phosphates used in bleach imbed into whites and make for a great UV generator. I was skeptical so I suggested doing an experiment to prove it. So we took a white towel freshly bleached and a dark towel (never bleached) down to the creek with us one day. We laid them in some grass and went fishing for a few hours. When we got back the white towel had tics all over it!!! :mad: The dark towel only had a couple of tics! :mad: So next time you go to a tic infested area try wearing dark colors! :mad:

It's the Mrs' mini-van; I've been putting off the windshield replacement for two years! I finally made an appt to replace it.

Guess what; the shop is in Mira Mesa not too far from some caches I need to grab.

Chuy

Have you tried the windshield place on Wintergardens and Creekford? Right next to the smog station.

Gene

I just checked Schad's book. It is 12 miles roundtrip from Gunn Stage. There are 3 equally high peaks of whick the northern one is the only one that is doable because of thick brush. So the way to do it is the way that those guys gave and RocketMan plotted!

c6272442-6e3c-4855-b8c3-916d34880e5f.jpg

We are planning to do this hike on Saturday.

We will meet at the parking coords provided on here at 8:30AM.

f8fea166-0fef-4e70-a2b7-4b4cbc57924d.jpg

Here is the Google Earth version. The trail disappears in some areas so I had to guess the route.

Looks like these will be a couple well earned finds.

Edited by Toby's Gang
I talked to Ruscal and he said it was a challenging hike....especially the first part. There is a trail most of the way up. Russ also recommended not going up to the peak through the dense brush because there are ton of snakes up there. This time of year should be better for snakes but they are still around....

Y'all gonna die!

Hmm, I notice that you left out "Miramar #1."

Probably wont get that far west. I had the larger photo first, but I cropped out the area I could not reach. That cache is calling me every pass on the 52 also!

Be sure to take a new container for "Without Reason." Read my log entry to see why.

I have a camo'd 48oz peanut putter jar. Think that will be big enough?

I'll make sure there's no more peanut butter left so as not to attract more deer.

Hmm, I notice that you left out "Miramar #1."

Probably wont get that far west. I had the larger photo first, but I cropped out the area I could not reach. That cache is calling me every pass on the 52 also!

Be sure to take a new container for "Without Reason." Read my log entry to see why.

I have a camo'd 48oz peanut putter jar. Think that will be big enough?

I'll make sure there's no more peanut butter left so as not to attract more deer.

That's a perfect size. Needs some swag items as well, apparently the deer took some things but didn't put any new ones back. We've all met Geocachers like that haven't we?

The logbook was pretty beat up because the deer tried to eat it. Still I recovered a fair sized section that should serve well enough for the logbook.

Enjoy the huge anti-deer stone cairn I built. You'll never get it back together. Really sparse cover at GZ, no way to effectively hide a container. Of course by now those crazy deer may be sleeping on my little-pile-of-rocks.

Make sure to check out the deer wallows several yards north of GZ. There's still lots of little bits and pieces of the logbook in their bedding grass.

Don't forget to enjoy the climb to that cache.

Edited by SD Rowdies

I can't commit yet; probably not till Saturday afternoon.

If I can manage it, I will leave my house circa 5:30a; my turnaround will be the caches at the border, Stone Ruination #3--Wort Breath . But I don't want to get there before dark as that will look pretty suspicious to the Border Patrol. So, I'll stop by a few easy ones down the 94.

We can meet at the Steele bridge at 6a, or any other area you suggest.