San Diego Cache Events

TFTC

Make it on the day I can come and I will be there with a jeep.......it is the only vehicle I have right now  :)

I'm not sure if your Liberty would make it down the Highpoint trail. Are you going to McGinty on Sunday?

We came down Highpoint in a Jeep Liberty without problems. It can be safely done.

I just heard back from Parsa who said that they just graded that road!! From what I understand it used to be a lot worse....

By the way, I like the Liberty! ;)

Edited by TrailGators
Make it on the day I can come and I will be there with a jeep.......it is the only vehicle I have right now  ;)

I'm not sure if your Liberty would make it down the Highpoint trail. Are you going to McGinty on Sunday?

We came down Highpoint in a Jeep Liberty without problems. It can be safely done.

I just heard back from Parsa who said that they just graded that road!! It used to be a lot worse....I also said that because I knoew that SL's Liberty wasn't lifted...at least the last time I saw it...

Parsa and I did the entire trail up Palomar Divide Road and back down Highpoint in 2wd. Most of PDR is paved. Highpoint is all dirt but 2wd friendly. Some of the trail is quite steep and narrow in parts. I think someone mentioned it already-but you won't go to sleep while driving down it. It was a bit more dramatic for Steve and I because we were coming down at twilight.

Dave

Parsa and I did the entire trail up Palomar Divide Road and back down Highpoint in 2wd. Most of PDR is paved. Highpoint is all dirt but 2wd friendly. Some of the trail is quite steep and narrow in parts. I think someone mentioned it already-but you won't go to sleep while driving down it. It was a bit more dramatic for Steve and I because we were coming down at twilight. Dave

Sounds like fun! Does narrow mean desert pinstripes for wider SUVs?

Make it on the day I can come and I will be there with a jeep.......it is the only vehicle I have right now  ;)

THANK YOU for your support. My Liberty is pretty good.....just needs lifting eventually.

If anyone is going up the Palomar Divide soon, can you replace my Grey Matters cache?

I can provide new container; let me know where I can meet you.

Tnx.

If the group is going, I will be going. I can place it back for you.

I thought it was Palomar Divide on Sat and McGinty on Sun?

I can't go Saturday so that's why I wanted to go Sunday. So SL go ahead and go to McGinty as you had planned! It is possible to have two groups go to two different places! ;)

Chuy, I can tend to those caches also. Let me know what they need! Does anyone rememebr where you can get those logbooksthat can be printed out?

Edited by TrailGators
If anyone is going up the Palomar Divide soon, can you replace my Grey Matters cache?

Tnx.

I can't go Saturday so that's why I wanted to go Sunday. So SL go ahead and go to McGinty as you had planned! It is possible to have two groups go to two different places! :D

Chuy, I can tend to those caches also. Let me know what they need! Does anyone rememebr where you can get those logbooksthat can be printed out?

Thank you for directing my life..... :) Plus it was Duganrm's idea for Sat and Sun and not mine........anything else you want to point out to me today???? :);):)

Edited by smilinglady13

Tnx.

I can't go Saturday so that's why I wanted to go Sunday. So SL go ahead and go to McGinty as you had planned! It is possible to have two groups go to two different places! ;)

Thank you for directing my life..... :D Plus it was Duganrm's idea for Sat and Sun and not mine........anything else you want to point out to me today???? :yikes::rolleyes::)

If you're going to act like that then it's better that you to go McGinty (as you said that you were) and I go somewhere else..... :)

Thanks Chuy! I can replace the log. Maybe, Richard can grab the replacement cache from you!

Tnx.

Thank you for directing my life..... :D Plus it was Duganrm's idea for Sat and Sun and not mine........anything else you want to point out to me today???? :yikes::rolleyes::)

If you're going to act like that then it's better that you to go McGinty (as you said that you were) and I go somewhere else..... :)

Thanks Chuy! I can replace the log. Maybe, Richard can grab the replacement cache from you!

It is true.........or I might have to knock you over the knoggin or something like that :D:D:D

So for Saturday..........does anyone have any caches they want to get out of the way?

I think there are some in.........

New Year's Resolution kicking in again so I can't say it! (But it was real funny) :)

Oh, come on, Pat! They are always so funny!

Robyn

Hell-ooo Robyn! How have ya been! ;)

I really do need to see if I can make it more than just 4 days with this thing! :yikes:

Who made up this resolution crap anyhow? :rolleyes:

Edited by TrailGators
So for Saturday..........does anyone have any caches they want to get out of the way?

I think there are some in.........

New Year's Resolution kicking in again so I can't say it! (But it was real funny) :D

Oh, come on, Pat! They are always so funny!

Robyn

Hell-ooo Robyn! How have ya been! :)

I really do need to see if I can make it more than just 4 days with this thing! ;)

Who made up this resolution crap anyhow? :rolleyes:

GEEZ I thought we were going to have to suffer all year with your New Years Resolution..........I hope you did not strain anything but holding it all in today!!!!!!! :D:yikes::)

Anyway......back to SAturday......

:)

:rolleyes:

Ok, it's hard to keep up with this schedule (what with all the popcorn all over the desk) but - why not McGinty on Saturday and Palomar Divide on Sunday?

I am still working my way through this as well. Apparently my original understanding was incorrect. :)

*keep in mind this is my understanding and should not be taken as fact* The reason McGinty was planned for Sunday is because Princess Toadstool is the one that initially brought up the date and hike. It is my understanding that she works on Saturdays but just recently started getting Sundays off. *Hope I got that all right*

now to go back to my popcorn and watch. ;):yikes:

*keep in mind this is my understanding and should not be taken as fact* The reason McGinty was planned for Sunday is because Princess Toadstool is the one that initially brought up the date and hike. It is my understanding that she works on Saturdays but just recently started getting Sundays off. *Hope I got that all right*

now to go back to my popcorn and watch. :yikes:;)

You do have a good memory - with the forums search function non-functional, I've lost my bearings. :)

Mmmm .... :D:):rolleyes:

:)

:yikes:

Ok, it's hard to keep up with this schedule (what with all the popcorn all over the desk) but - why not McGinty on Saturday and Palomar Divide on Sunday?

I can't go Saturday....and I'm not going where SL is going....she still can't shut-up... :)

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!! WOW.......Thought it was you that ........well never mind :rolleyes:;)

Edited by smilinglady13
Parsa and I did the entire trail up Palomar Divide Road and back down Highpoint in 2wd. Most of PDR is paved. Highpoint is all dirt but 2wd friendly. Some of the trail is quite steep and narrow in parts. I think someone mentioned it already-but you won't go to sleep while driving down it. It was a bit more dramatic for Steve and I because we were coming down at twilight. Dave

By narrow I mean there is a sheer cliff that you don't want to get too friendly with. If you're a driver who may be afraid of heights or often mistakenly hit the gas pedal when trying for the brakes this isn't the road for you.

But it is still a 2wd graded dirt road that can be easily traveled with care.

Dave

By narrow I mean there is a sheer cliff that you don't want to get too friendly with. If you're a driver who may be afraid of heights or often mistakenly hit the gas pedal when trying for the brakes this isn't the road for you.

But it is still a 2wd graded dirt road that can be easily traveled with care.

Dave

Sounds like a Moab type of road! RocketMan was laughing while Fkrexcal and I were filling our britches on some of those roads! :rolleyes:

Edited by TrailGators
Make it on the day I can come and I will be there with a jeep.......it is the only vehicle I have right now  :laughing:

I am told that I have been obnoxious and talking to much about obtaining my numbers and about my marathon. I apologize and and will keep my posts down to a minimum. I am just excited about geocaching as it involves hiking, 4 wheeling and getting out into nature I will curb my enthuseiams and obnoxinous.

Thank you

Edited by smilinglady13

Okay, if anybody decides on a Saturday trip, we're in. I wanted to go power caching this Saturday anyway, and my husband is out of town at the SuperCross Race up in Anaheim.......Which means I have a whole day to myself. BLISS! ;) Alright I'll have the youngest geogeek and Roxy with me.......However, it sure would be fun to join you guys if you do something on Saturday, just let me know when and where! And I've got a Jeep Wrangler for 4x4ing so we can get around easily.

Can't wait for new page for update.

Who be going where Sat and Sun, and what times? 

I may go to Palomar Divide on Sat. ; but won't know till Fri evening.

Saturday, I have to drive my son to a Church retreat. Then I am going to hide a new cache! ;) Then I am climbing up on my roof to take down the Christmas lights. Wanna help! ;)

Sunday is Palomar Divide at 8AM for six of the SDCET as of right now....thanks to Parsa and DHSundance for sharing some insights into what should be a very cool outing!

Edited by TrailGators
Sunday is Palomar Divide at 8AM for six of the SDCET as of right now....thanks to Parsa and DHSundance for sharing some insights into what should be a very cool outing!

1) Where is the meeting place?

2) Is it just the Hi Point trail that is narrow and steep or is Palomar Divide (where it isn't paved)?

1) Where is the meeting place?

2) Is it just the Hi Point trail that is narrow and steep or is Palomar Divide (where it isn't paved)?

1) Sorry it has to be this way, but please email me for 8AM meeting spot! :D

2) According to DHSundance and Parsa the Palomar Divide road and High Point are passable in a 2WD. However, you drive adjacect to sheer cliffs along High Point. :rolleyes: But I'll be on the side of the vehicle can won't be able to see over the edge so I'll be OK driving down that road! :D Of course I'll go back on Palomar Divide if that is what the group prefers to do!

4a96b6c4-de20-47a8-9d5c-84a393bccde2.jpg

That's the shadow of the monolith from 2001 A Space Odyssey. It's hovering over the mountain with the Star Child. :rolleyes:

cegrube encountered a locked gate at the foot of the Palomar Divide Road (at the location of Chuy's missing cache). He ran all the way up the mountain to get a FTF on my new caches and the other cache on the Barker Valley Trail... 18 miles!

You may want to call the rangers to see what's up. They close this road in winter if it snows or something. Maybe this closure is due to wind and low humidity, but I'm not sure.

Palomar Ranger District

Grace Terrazas, District Ranger

1634 Black Canyon Rd.

Ramona, CA 92065

(760) 788-0250

The Palomar Divide Road is a piece of cake. Half of it is a paved one lane road, and the rest is wide, graded and easy. It's not very steep for a mountain road since it covers a long distance. The High Point Road is steeper since it winds straight down the mountain into Aguanga. It's not hard, and you could do it in a passenger car. You just need to take it slow. There are hairpin turns and steep dropoffs.

Parsa

I justed talked to Meleh (sp?) at the Palomar Ranger District, and she said the road was closed because of the rains. It may be open this weekend. I may call back at about 4pm. She said she might know for sure whether it would be open or not by then. They close at 4:30.

Parsa

Edited by Parsa
I justed talked to Meleh (sp?) at the Palomar Ranger District, and she said the road was closed because of the rains. It may be open this weekend. I may call back at about 4pm. She said she might know for sure whether it would be open or not by then. They close at 4:30.

Parsa

The rangers office just called me back and they will open that gate tomorrow morning! :D

Edited by TrailGators