Waymarking Stickers

hum if you read the fourm :lol:

there are many people that are up in arms about it

the stickers are a bad thing is there any way to retool it so is does not involve stickers to be put everywhere????

i meen its bad PR!!!

from -artman-

But if the concept involves slapping a red-and-white sticker on objects that are part of the natural or built environment, I believe there is already a term for it.

It's called littering.

And unless I'm missing something, isn't there more than a little irony in that this activity is being promoted by folks who also promote a more responsible activity, namely "Cache In, Trash Out"

-ArtMan-

i'm sorry but i will have to agree with him!!!!!

i don't want to go to my local town/ park and find 20 Waymarking stickers all over

in one place!

tree

play ground

slide

mailbox

Phone

house

car

used car lot

i can go on and on

more of what i am trying to say is.

There is a time and a place to put Waymarking stickers

not that i don't have trust in people,

Its the people that do that kind of thing to mess up a good game

by putting up Waymarking stickers everywhere!!

I think it would have been fun for random geocachers put the stickers somewere and have the people go find them and then the next month a new batch can have a go at it and the game can go on and on and we won't have stickers everywere!!!

humm

not saying its a bad idea

lets hear it from you

Edited by Charles Iverson
hum I think Jeremy reads the fourm.  :lol:

You don't have to put stickers up at the location of the waymark.  I don't know that the ethics here would be any different than for geocaching, where no defacement, graffiti, etc. of any object is permitted in order to provide a clue or a logging method.

Next question?

Next Question - then what are the stickers for if not for sticking to waymarks as the photo below seems to imply?

geo5599c.jpg

Edited by NFA

You don't have to put stickers up at the location of the waymark. I don't know that the ethics here would be any different than for geocaching, where no defacement, graffiti, etc. of any object is permitted in order to provide a clue or a logging method.

Next question?

there are people out there that will do it

only time will tell i guess..

You don't have to put stickers up at the location of the waymark. I don't know that the ethics here would be any different than for geocaching, where no defacement, graffiti, etc. of any object is permitted in order to provide a clue or a logging method.

Next question?

there are people out there that will do it

only time will tell i guess..

I've seen lots of stickers on things and none of those stickers came from this website. Go see the movie "Chicken Little" because your sky is falling.

Next Question - then what are the stickers for if not for sticking to waymarks as the photo below seems to imply?

geo5599c.jpg

That's cool! I didn't know Sunrise put that on their front door. That placement seems no different than a visa symbol. Maybe folks will use that sticker in the future to advertise their business on Waymarking.com (or to get comments, etc). What that isn't is a stump, or a tree, or a lamp post, or a hydrant, or Charles' dome.

As for me I put mine on my laptop. I chopped off the little box and cut a curve around the sticker. The extra bits gave me some flexibility on how to use it.

Defacing property is a crime. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Voluntary placement is another thing entirely. But stickers are not required to mark a location anyway - just a GPS unit.

geo5599c.jpg
Defacing property is a crime. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Voluntary placement is another thing entirely. But stickers are not required to mark a location anyway - just a GPS unit.
yes i know that defacement is a crime

what about the users that are un aware that the stickers are not a requiement it does not say that on the Waymarking site (yet)

there is no set guidelines (yet) like in geocaching.com

that says what you can't do and what you can do (common sence)

and i will be putting up 4 down here as soon as the Subcategorie opens..

firehouses!!!

Edited by Charles Iverson
what about the users that are un aware that the stickers are not a requirement

it does not say that on the Waymarking site (yet)

Nor does it say anywhere that stickers are a requirement. Just because stickers are for sale doesn't make them mandatory. I just don't understand how anyone would make that assumption :)